COMMIT TO GET FIT AND LEAN FOR JUNE 23, 2010

bayerngirl

Cathlete
Morning,

I will do M1 D5 (Back & Triceps) today plus one of the Hiit's:p

I will be back to report my workout.

Happy Hump day!

Good Morning Ladies

I'm up way earlier than I wanted to be, and went to bed way later than I wanted to, even though I laid down at 9:30! So my 8 hour night turned into 5...*sigh*. I have so much on my mind, I just can't sleep :( I need a good run, so even though I am STILL sore from Cathe's class and Rodney Yee ( lol) I will run, just to clear my head.
I train DC this morning, have to go to work to train some new girl that's never even bartended before *wth* :rolleyes: ...now if DG comes in, he's definitely gonna find out! lol Then I have a concert.

So yesterday!! I go to the gym to start tearing apart the office and organizing, and DC sends me to the hardware store to get some keys made. Well I'm looking around when I drive in because I've never been in that plaza, and I totally hit the curb **big time!** and blew out my tire!!!! :eek::eek::mad: So I had to call DC to come save me, we were hysterical over it. With WalMart being right there I went to get a new tire, and it only cost me $13!! Because of my Warranty.....so that was good! Sheeeeeesh! :eek: I was laughing because I was like, Damn I made it back and forth from Jersey without a glitch, now I can't make it 2 miles down the road!? :confused:

Belinda- I now can't wait to start STS again! And it's only my rest week...lol Have a great workout! You know, I should have stretched more after her class, but was so excited after that I just wanted to hang out and take a shower, etc etc....lol

Helene- LOL @ DCGB.....you're a riot. Great job on CCC! That one just annhialates me..... And my mentor could have swore she set it up for 7:30 a.m., but I never got that email!

Trish- I'm so sorry about your DD!! Omg that's no fun! :( Why can't they test for 30 days?? lol, yeah I remember hanging out in chat.....we should try that again sometime! Right after I took the ACE exam, the 4th edition came out, in case you didnt' realize it! So make sure to check what edition your test is based on!

Cookie- Wow, nice double workout!! I have no idea when I won't be at the gym to take another trip....:confused: This whole summer is going to be up in the air I think.

Amelia- Great workout! I think Rodney has made me sore?? Does he make you sore?? Great ticker!!

Deb- You were on 295? I never was on that ....I was on a two lane road for part of the trip (206) ! Then it was 287 to 87 (and that started the tolls when I got back in NY). Yes I'm hoping to reschedule with my instructor for later in the summer, even if I fulfill my hours elsewhere, I just want to see her facility, take a class with her, and keep my resources close, if you know what I mean. So how is your hip????? When did you start feeling that? Right after class? how'd your turkey chili come out?

Ok off to the treadmill I think....BBL

Hallo girls,

I am done with Meso 1, Disc 5, Back and Triceps;) Had a great workout, went up in weight again this week.

Warmup:
Double Arm Dumbbell Row - 15's/15 reps
Close Grip Pushups - 8 reps
Double Arm Dumbbell Row - 15's/15 reps
Close Grip Pushups - 8 reps

Workout:
Chinups
One Arm Seated Overhead Extensions - 15#/15 reps
One Arm Row - 28#/15 reps
T-Pull w/Band - Green band/15 reps
Flat Bench Dumbbell Tricep Extension - 15's/15 reps
Barbell Rows - 50#/21 reps
Y's w/Band - Green band/32 reps
One Arm Kickbacks - 11#/15 reps
One Arm Horizontal Row - 23#/15 reps
Leg curls - 33#/8 reps
Seasaw Pushups - 20 reps, lots of low ends.
One Arm Press Down w/Band - Green band/36 reps
Chinups
Double Arm Seated Overhead Extension - 20#/15 reps
Barbell Rows - 50#/21 reps
Double Arm Rows w/Band - Green band/36 reps
Side Leaning Overhead Extension on SB - 11#/15 reps
Pullovers - 25#/15 reps
Double Arm Kickbacks - 10's/15 reps
One Arm Band Kickbacks - Green band/36 reps
Pull ups
Cross Body Kickbacks - 13#/15 reps
Lat Pulldowns w/Band - Green band doubled up/10 reps
Close Grip Tricep Pushups
Seated Bent Over Horizontal Row - 15's/10 reps
Seated Bent Over Horizontal Row - 12's/10 reps
Seated Bent Over Horizontal Row - 10's/10 reps
Double Arm Kickbacks - 12's/10 reps
Double Arm Kickbacks - 10's/10 reps
Double Arm Kickbacks - 8's/10 reps

Iris, did you take some pic with Cathe, Helene and Debbie! Enjoy your workout.

I will be back later, need to get some dog food:rolleyes:

Last edited:
Morning girls.

Belinda: Loving your double workouts. :D I also am adding a short cardio after the arm days. I was wondering, now that you are going up in weights for arms, does your HRM show a greater calorie burn. I did M3 d19 (chest and back so big muscles) on monday and it only registered 163. Yet, I couldn't have lifted much more. Oh well.

Iris: You blew out a tire on a curb!!!!!!!!! :eek: OK, that is funny since it turned out well. I go my turbo fire DVDs. I was thinking one day if you are interested we can do some workouts together in the basement. Could be fun. Or maybe you would rather sip a beer and look at my trees. I hear I have nice looking trees.....

I'm all caught up from last night. No workout in this morning. I was feeling lazy with my foffee and then DD got up at 5:45 and wouldn't go back down. I didn't have the heart to wake DH up to watch her so I could work out. So I'll have to do it tonight. That's fine, it gives me a mini rest from yesterday morning.

OK, off to work, have a great day everyone. BBL tonight.

Good Morning!:)

I didn't make it back here yesterday....and do you want to know why?? Cause I was not alone at work....far from alone:mad: My manager didn't go on a road trip with my boss, and not only that, the accountant was there from the old business and another guy. So there was about 6 people around me all day.No studying...no checking in...nutt'in!:mad:

I did get a 11.5 km run in before work and abs. I have a lot to do today b/c I worked the last 3 days...and was hung over the day before that;) Also,I have to take DS to preschool to get a registration package and let him feel it out:eek:

Belinda** Good job with the workouts the past couple of days. I know a girl who can't get past the 8 km mark....Of course I told her, if you can do 8, then you can do 10.

Iris** You have been a busy girl. I read about the tire prob on FB last night. DH and I were looking through pics people had posted this past weekend. I would love to meet Cathe...and I will do that some day!!

Ameila** Nice workout yesterday!

Deb** Are you going to go to the Dr? My running partner has back issues and going for massages as helped it alot. You could also try that.BUT I think she went to the Dr and had xrays done before that! LOL

Helene** There is nothing to a day anymore! It just zooms right by,especially when I am home cause there is so much for me to do! Part of my job is making sure the place is clean. I have to mop and vacuum all the time...nothing crazy. I guess he figured I should have found those ashes right away b/c thats the way it probably was when he owed it years ago.

Trish** So do you have any idea what triggered DD's reaction? I would have been out of myself!:eek: I can't handle things like that very well. Not after the week we spent in the hospital with DS!

Cookie** No...LOL...no 20m run yesterday! The furthest I have ran since my marathon is 12 k which isn't that far. I am trying to wrap my head around training again....:confused:

O.k...I will bbl! Need to get a start on these chores!!

Lori:)

Good morning Helene,

My cal burn is about the same as yours:confused: I guess, we are getting fitter and stronger, lol! My cal burn with STS plus STS cardio are pretty low! I don't care, I am getting cut and my muscle are popping:p;):eek: love it! Enjoy your workout. have to walk the dogs, than run to the store!

Lori, you and I posted at the same time! All I can say is, mind over matter! I was stuck at the same distance for a long time, you really have to overcome it! I wasn't even trying to run that far, but I did, lol! You been doing same fantastic workouts these days too, girl! have fun today.

I really have to go~

Last edited:
OMG :confused: just spent more money. DH is going to :rolleyes: at me again. I got the bowflex adjustable dumbbells. $240 and free shipping today. Can't beat that and I wanted to buy a set of 30s anyway. But this is how I feel: :D . I had been looking at these for at least 6 months. OK, doing the happy dance.

OMG :confused: just spent more money. DH is going to :rolleyes: at me again. I got the bowflex adjustable dumbbells. $240 and free shipping today. Can't beat that and I wanted to buy a set of 30s anyway. But this is how I feel: :D . I had been looking at these for at least 6 months. OK, doing the happy dance.

What is the website?:eek: I am doing the happy dance with you! Post the website:eek::p so I can order them too!

Morning

Today will be a full body workout. Thinking either MIS or MM...or maybe i will do some super sets???:confused::confused: As you can see...i have no idea:rolleyes:

I bought some of those Budweiser 55 calorie select beers last night and I give them two thumbs down! I drank three of those suckers and never got a buzz( after all...isn't that the reason for drinking?:p) I won't be drinking anymore of them...thats 150 calories i wasted and could have ATE something;) STill ended my day @ 1550 though.

Iris-LMAO, at least it was only 13$ to replace the tire! Yeah, sometimes i will get sore from Rodney..I did his power yoga dvd yesterday and some of those poses are just hopeless, how does he do it? I can't put all my body weight on my hands with my @ss in the air? :confused: I just do the best i can and move on...LOL

Belinda-:eek: nice workout today girl! Your just rockin them!!!

Lori-Your DS is registering for pre-k...oh how exciting for him(and you;)) I remember last year when my DS started,he loved it.

Helene-Congrats on your new bowflex dumbells...high fives!!!! I love new toys!

Hello to everyone that follows. I will bbl (hopefully) to report my workout. If not i will bb tomorrow to report it. :)

Belinda: The 552s. The others go up to 90lbs and well ..... I'm no Belinda and I don't see myself going that high. 52.5lbs per dumbbell seems good enough for moi. :D I guess the question becomes whether you think your DH would use them. The discount only works on the 552 model by the way.

Belinda: The 552s. The others go up to 90lbs and well ..... I'm no Belinda and I don't see myself going that high. 52.5lbs per dumbbell seems good enough for moi. :D I guess the question becomes whether you think your DH would use them. The discount only works on the 552 model by the way.

Helene, I am gonna cry today:( I was so excited, put my code in the shopping card, got ready to fill out my info, than I saw in fine print: we don't ship to APO addresses:(:( What? I can't oder Bob Harpers DVD's, I can't order the DB (those make sense, still sad). I am frustrated today. Everything is getting on my nerves. My son is coming the end of the month so I can;t ship it to El Paso:confused: This is to much today,:confused::confused::(:(

Belinda: Oh no. What about ship to MIL and have delivery man put in basement for you if she can't carry them. Anybody else. How about DD? Can she store them for you? :( Just trying to think out of the box for you. Any chance you ever make it to Albany NY? There probably not much up here for DH.

My workout is done, decided on super sets. Have a great day girls. Belinda, sorry you couldn't order the DB:( like Helene says...maybe there is someone in the US that can ship them to you?

later gators..

Belinda: Oh no. What about ship to MIL and have delivery man put in basement for you if she can't carry them. Anybody else. How about DD? Can she store them for you? :( Just trying to think out of the box for you. Any chance you ever make it to Albany NY? There probably not much up here for DH.

Helene and Amelia, my MIL?:eek: no way, I would trust her! Unfortunately:rolleyes: The price is really good, I will figure something out, thanks for you help! Maybe I can call there customer service and ask them if I can pay for them now and they can ship the DB's a little later to El Paso????

Belinda: That's a good idea. My understanding is the coupon in only good today. I hope you can make it work.

Amelia: Great job with supersets. Love the new picture.

Afternoon girls,

This week's hump day is dragging! I went to bed early, but ended up waking up way too early (2:30) and all I want to do is push everything off the desk and lie down! I got my double in, though - iclimb16 this morning (490 cals) and GS Legs during lunch. My chest & tris are still aching from monday's wo and now my lower body is yelling at me! Looking forward to a good night's sleep tonight.

Belinda - Nice wo girl!! I'm so impressed with those unassisted chin ups;)

Lori - Is your office pretty small? I could see how 6 people in a small space would get on your nerves:confused: How did DS like the preschool? Both of my little ones are starting a new summer camp on Monday and I'm wondering how they will take to it. We're certain a nut triggered the reaction, but just not sure which one. Unfortunately she was eating from a mixed nut can. I remember when your little one was in the hospital. That was VERY scary.

Helene - I think we posted at the same time last night so I'm not sure you saw my post...would love to know more about your BFFM challenge. Great deal on your selecttechs!! I looked at them for a while but they just weren't in the budget. I'm sure you'll enjoy them!

Iris - Funny about you and the curb. DD took a curb a few months ago and messed up the axle. DH was not pleased! He said she must have been driving really fast. Oh well. *SIGH* My edition is probably 2nd or 3rd:confused: I'm not up for re-purchasing so I hope the info hasn't changed too much. The steroid they treated DD with won't be out of her system for 30 days and will have an affect on the test results. So, for now, we are being extra careful.

Amelia - Supersets...that's one I haven't done in a while! Nice job. Ditto for me...your pic looks great;)

Cookie - Hope your hair ist handling the humidity today :)

BBL

Trish: Saw your note. So you want another novel ? :p Essentially the BFFM challenge is an internet body recomposition challenge that runs for 14 weeks. The winner get a trip to Maui :eek: I'm doing my best but there is a lot of competition. It's based on the burn the fat feed the muscle approach to weight loss. It's an e-book from Tom Venuto and anybody who purchased that e-book could enter the challenge at the beginning. You can't enter that contest any more, but there is no reason while you can't do a contest of your own right along with us.

I am following the workout prescription and eating directions from the book and I am using my Cathe DVD collection for the workout part. Moderate to heavy weights are supposed to be the key so I am hitting Mesos 2 and 3 really hard. I am also adding a lot of cardio. I am focusing on high intensity shorter cardio (up to 50 minutes with heavy use of AS, Hiits, CCC and some premixes on the other DVDs). I do this on most days except for on hard cardio day and the leg day. As much as possible, when I do more than one workout per day, I try to split them morning and evening. I know I should take 1 rest day a week, but so far I have taken 2 over 3 weeks. I am taking rest days when I feel drained, if anything I feel more energized.

Here is a sample week:
Sunday M3 plyo legs + 4DS legs
Monday M2 chest only and kickboxing workout (Tboe, MMA or other)
Tuesday CCC
Wednesday M2 legs
Thursday M2 back and triceps + 4 mile run at gym
Friday M2 shoulders and biceps + Hiit 40/20
Saturday Imax Extreme or similar

I am only going to do one leg workout I think during M3 squat rack that I am starting this week. I am also doing M3 upper body starting this week.

Note that if I didn't have a desk job, I don't think I could do this. I believe that my body gets to recuperate a lot sitting on that chair :confused:

The key is to track everything, especially the food. For that I use myfitnesspal. To give an idea, I am 5ft5 and currently weigh 153. I am eating 1500 calories with every 4th day at 2000. My macronutrients are 40% protein, 40% carbs and 20% fat on the 1500 days. On the days that I go up to 2000 the extra calories I try to add only from carbs. During the day I try to eat more carbs in the morning or after workouts, especially weight ones. There is supposed to be a 45 min window of opportunity for refeeding your muscles.

So far I am down a good 7 lbs from when I started which is nothing to be proud of since I was 148 before christmas :eek:. I am working very hard and it is the key. But I am working hard for my workouts, but I also focus and keep track of my daily achievements with tables. I feel more balanced than usual. Kind of weird. I don't see a problem doing this until the end. It seems to come by itself at this point which is great.

So will you join me until September 5th. Food and workouts are key. It all needs to happen. Cookie is joining me and staying away from cookies until september 5th. Iris is registered for the BFFM challenge as well and Amelia and I have set our goals for the end of the year. I'll send you my tables so you can see what I am doing. I still haven't scanned them so I apologize.

I got to go for a bit, the little ones still aren't in bed. Scary about your little one having a nut allergy. How old?

BBL

Last edited:
oooh, my satellite connection is terrible!!! Can't believe I pay good money for this ugly thing in my yard that keeps flickering in and out! Thanks, I feel better now.
Belinda, how are your arms doing now? Or should I wait and ask you in two days' time? Those Ts and Ys with the band always get me good. Hard to believe a little band of stretch can hurt so good. Glad the dh is doing better. What is it with the two of you and sore backs?
Iris, you're my kind of person. I've actually blown out two tires, but my replacements weren't $13. There's just something about right turns, curbs, and me. Embarassing, and said to say, but true. They say most accidents happen within two miles from home; you're just doing it within two miles of work.
Lori, I saw a cigarette butt outside today and thought of your inconsiderate former boss. Would you please tell him to come down here to take care of it. Is he why you were hungover? How did your ds like the preschool?
Amelia, what a lovely photo! Honestly, you look so good and happy. So which one did you choose to do today? 55 cals for a beer? Sounds like the taste is good.
Deb, how's the hip today? Are you going to see a dr soon? Didn't you buy those fancy sneakers for walking? How are they working out for you?
Helene, liked your dcgb but am real glad you explained it. Nice job describing your challenge to Helene. Your workouts would be way too much for me; I get tired and sore just reading them. Why did you decide to do meso 3 with a squat rack instead of plyo? Just curious?
Trish, that's so frightening about your dd! TG she's better now, but gee you must be quite worried about a reoccurrence. Why can't they test for a month? Anyone else in your family have a history of such reactions? Did they give you an epipen? We had one for my dd for quite a few years for beestings, but she's outgrown her need for it. Hope something similar occurs for your dd. So, joining us on a challenge?
Did plyo 14 this morning, upped the wts a bit more.
Cookie

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.