COMMIT TO GET FIT AND LEAN FOR JULY 7, 2010

bayerngirl

Cathlete
Happy Hump Day,

I will do M1 D11 (Back & Biceps), plus do some abs today. Never got my ab wo in yesterday. I was to tired:confused:

Have a wonderful day and workout, everyone.

Good Morning!

Can't believe I am up on my day off to go for a bike ride:confused: I wanted to go in the evening but the girls didnt want anyone to see us riding bike! LOL

I will bbl for a proper checkin!

Lori:)

Morning everyone,

Belinda: You are flying through M1. Can't believe it. It is an awesome program though isn't it?

Lori: LOL, enjoy your bike ride! Hope your seat is comfortable. That's the part I never liked about riding a bike.

Hi to everyone else.

It's a crazy week so I'm going to play fast and lose with personals. I am also modifying this week to only do about 30 minute workouts and low intensity. I have too much going on, and it will act as a rest type of week so that I can start strong next week.

If someone figures out how to turn 24h into 48 let me know. I could really use it!

Can't believe I have visitors coming for a month in less than three weeks :confused:

Morning!
Belinda, you must be tired. Hanging out with celebrities and partying. Will we be seeing your photo in People or Us soon? I was thinking of doing CM1 yesterday, but that's all I did about it. Any special plans with the ds? How's your dh's back?
Lori, did you choose a hilly route for your first big ride? My first ride with my dh when were were friends, long, long, ago, was over 60 miles. Amazing I ever did anything again with after that. DS in Boston picked up a bike for commuting to work and we told him to get a helmet, but he's too concerned about image. Told him that image won't be holding when he's drooling from a head injury.
Amelia, did you send us your weather? It is hot and humid up here. Since it is not a hurricane or oil, we can't complain, but we're just not accustomed to it. One can break out in a sweat just breathing. Thinking of you and your pool off and on all day yesterday.
Iris, hope you aren't pushing yourself too hard. You've got a lot of new things you're trying to juggle all at once. You can bake that cake and even eat it.
Licia, sorry about your aunt. So did you decide to join in on Helene's challenge? How old is your ds?
Helene, how did your meeting go? Don't know how you do, 'cause I'm whipped this morning. Working, house, kids, life, I need more sleep than I got last night, or maybe it is the heat.
Deb, sorry about yesterday. I thought of you when I was doing kickbox, believe it or not. I finally tried Tracey Staehle's cardio kickbox challenge, and you pretend you're punching someone, and I thought what a good stress reliever. If your hip wasn't bothering you, I'd suggest it. Maybe a good punching bag? There are times we just dread the phone when we see the caller id, hate to confess.
Trish, did I tell you we used to live in Manhattan? Sure don't miss the traffic. Now I live in cow country and still end up commuting over an hour a day! Those darn milk trucks should move over and let me pass. Over the summer I'm trying to clean out and completely reorganize our basement, and as a reward I'm getting a steamer. However, this project may take a few summers.
Yesterday did the kickbox workout, which as really good, and today is Circuit Max and work. Anybody read Strength in What Remains? It's by Tracy Kidder and is a true story of this guy from Burundi who survived civil war, genocide and arrives in the US with $200, no English, and no contacts. He go to Columbia, then med school and devotes his life to healing. Very inspiring. Also liked Not Becoming My Mother by Ruth Reichl, which was not what I expected. She talks about how her mother was limited and frustrated by her times and how she tried to encourage her daughter to live her own life.
Cookie

Good Morning Ladies

Ok so might as well get the bad news out of the way.....
Cookie and Helene- Unfortunately I have to cancel Friday night...:(:(:( I almost cried....lol I'm hoping we can reschedule soon, or later in the summer, whenever is good for us. I always look forward to this.

I'm so frustrated with DC I can hardly stand it. :confused::mad: It will all get resolved, because I realize we're both learning the business...but damn..... I was going to tell all to the girls on Friday night, because there's more to this story than I've said on here! Good news is.....I start with client 5 tomorrow. :) That's the only bright spot this week. I think a lot of it is TOM.

No workout today (yet), I'm thinking of going to a step class down at the community center tonight. My parents are in Ocean City, I feel kinda lost now! lol

Morning girls

I've got some doms from yesterdays mix of LB work. Not sure what im doing today but will bbl to report it

My pool water isn't getting any better:mad: what a PITA!!! The last time we went swimming in it was last week and i refuse to go out a buy more chemicals...its getting to be expensive. I woke up to cloudy blue water with a slight green tent AGAIN.

ok, thats my rant for the day.:eek:

I will bbl with personals...

Morning Ladies,

Well, I'm home with a sick DD. Nothing too serious I think, a slight temp with a little tummy ache:( I got my wo in earlier, PLB, but am thinking about getting some cardio in or pilates since I'm home. I have a Dr. appt this afternoon in city (didn't know I'd be home today:rolleyes:) so I'll have to fit it in around that. I also want to get in a nap, of course;)

Belinda - What ab work are you doing today? I may fit that in today as well! Have fun with D11!

Lori - Have fun bike riding!! My friend has been pushing me to get a bike, but I'm not sure I will use it much so I don't want to spend the money.

Helene - How many people will be staying at your house? A month is a long time:confused: Hope it is someone that you enjoy:D This week's wo plan sounds like a good one.

Cookie - OMG!! 60 miles?? That must have been some ride!! No, I didn't know you lived in Manhattan. How long has it been since you moved out? My dad also commutes about an hour in TX cow country, but what a difference when it is not bumper to bumper traffic and what great scenery:) Those sound like good reads. Will have to look into them.

Iris - What's DC doing these days? Not focusing again? ^5 on another new client!! So, how many days are you in the gym each week? Hope your parents are having a good time in Ocean City.

Amelia - ^5 on the LB DOMs! Sorry the pool is becoming a PITA! Hopefully it will soon be over and you will be back to swimming;)

Hello to Deb & Licia! BBL

Last edited:
Workout done. Decided to get on the treadmill since DH woke up early. A warm up + 30min run + cool down = 40mins and 404 burned.

Trish-Hope your DD feels better. My dd isn't feeling great either, she has an ear ache and i took her to the doctor yesterday for some ear drops.

Hey to everyone. I've got to get in the shower...bbl

Ugh,
went to the store to get some stuff I needed. Even took a bottle of cold water with me because it's so hot. Turns out I forgot my wallet back at the office.

Iris: You and I need to channel our emotions. I am getting frustrated too often and then I don't know what to do with myself either. LOL. Stuff still keeps happening that I need to take care of so it's not like I don't do anything with myself. It just seems the little stuff gets to me. No fair bringing up things about DC and leaving everyone hanging :p Hope you are doing well with your 5th sign up. ^5s! Don't worry about Friday. We can just get together some other time. I'm mostly free. Other than my DH's golf and my work I have no life. So most evenings are fine.

Cookie: I don't know how YOU do it! Your schedule is way crazier than mine. And I can't imagine when your DSs and DDs were the age of mine. Must have been sheer craziness!

Amelia: Awww, shoot! I hope you can figure out the pool thing soon. There is nowhere I would rather be right now than in a pool! Nice job on your workout.

Trish: ^5 on your workouts too. But let's make a deal. You can't mention the word nap when the rest of us are at work. Weekends are OK though ;)

Hello to everyone else. I've got a headache. I don't know if it's from the heat, lack of sleep or stress.......maybe all three :rolleyes:

I just finished AB Circuit " Stability ball abs" 20 min, plus SC HiiT 40/20 and STS D11:p I am fried. I will be back after I dinner.

Hi girls,

I took the day off today and took a Body Blast class. Afterwards I went to the farm stand. I wish we could get these vegetables all year long, local corn is already ready because of the hot weather. I also stopped by Walmart for a hose and there already out of them! So I know a lot of the employees at Walmart because I guess I'm always there:rolleyes: so one of them says see you tomorrow, now I don't think I'm there that much:D work tomorrow anyway.

Belinda - You did a lot of workouts today:) Does DS workout? I hope you put a basket on that bike so you can run errands:) I had a flowered one as a child.

Helene - So today my temperature gauge read 105, you probably needed a 6-pack to get from the car to the office. Bummer about forgetting your wallet:(

Amelia - Sorry about your water:( I guess that's what people mean when they say it's so much work. Did you see the trailer for the movie where the water turns blue if someone pees? I was telling DH we needed some when we had so much company at his parents on the 4th.

Trish - I hope DD is feeling better. Ugh, that you have to go to the city even though your home today. Hey, but you were able to workout early:)

Iris - Sorry your having a bad day:( But you go girl another client:D

Cookie - I like Tracey's kickboxing classs. It's funny I've been itching to do kickboxing. It would be my dream to live in NYC but only for a year:) When did you live there?

Lori - So how did you like the bike ride? That's an insane hour, was it still dark?

Enjoy the rest of the day:)

I am having a bit of trouble keeping up with everything here....

Cookie: Thanks. I am doing really well, as I said I hadn't seen her for over 9 years. Her life celebration was great, and I believe that it would bring her joy to know that our families all came together again and plan to not lose touch again! I have a cousin who lives in St. Croix, whom I plan to go visit in about a year...

Iris: Keep me updated on your thoughts about the value of the CS plan. I have been looking at it, considering doing the "Lifestyle" option.

Belinda: I hope that you are enjoying your son's visit

Crud, I forgot a name. (You do something with airplanes) Anyway, I hope that you girls enjoyed your bike ride. I used to ride my bike regularly, but since we moved here I have nobody to ride with. I miss it.

Helene: Did you suggest a challenge? I think I must have missed it. If it is a good one "I accept". ( please let me know what it is)

Yesterday was AS again. I really enjoy it. I am new to all this so it is still challenging, but it gets easier every time. I think that is why I like doing it:D

Today, I did SJP: Step and Weights. It got really frustrating for me, as the second step routine gets broken up for weights. I think that I will just take the time to do it all the way through from now on:rolleyes:

I know that I missed something/someone...

Oh, yes thanks for the Avie compliment, that is myself and DH with Mt. Rainier in the background.

Licia

Evening!
Anyone still up? Or are you all tuckered out from workouts and the heat?
Belinda, I never got coremax in yesterday either, but I did do planks today. Not that it compares to all you did!
Amelia, hate to say it, but think you have to break down and get more chemicals. I always wanted to skimp on them also, but it never worked. I should have known 'cause growing up my dad used to say chlorinate before you urinate was the rule for whoever was the first awake. You must have air conditioning to run on the treadmill.
Lori, you should do a Goofy at Disney. Look it up. It's perfect for you and your energy.
Iris, sorry you're so stressed. Understand about Friday, but please what's going on??? Don't leave us hanging. Just throw out a few other dates and times, we can work it out.
Helene, you sure have a lot of long term visitors. Must be your trees. I blame my sons for my hair - they made it wild, so yeah life with little ones is hectic. As Deb and I will tell you, life with some teenagers/early 20s can be quite challenging also.
Deb, I lived on West 77th, south end of MNH, between Columbus and CPW - beautiful from the late 70s to mid 80s. It was a great experience and I still miss the city and its energy, museums, food, different languages, so many things. We moved to Westchester and then up here with the kids, and its different. Not bad just different. Beautiful rolling hills, mountains, lakes, cows, bugs, horses, bugs, sheep, trees, and bugs. All those animals, water, and evergreens are a trifecta for bugs, can you tell. How's the hip? Is that why you're not doing kickboxing?
Trish, talking about naps when we're busy boosting the US economy with working, shopping, and socializing is not fair. Hope the dr's appt went well. My dad has a second home near TX cow country - Canyon Lake. Is that anywhere near your dad? It's beautiful, but very different cow country from upstate NY. We have lots and lots of trees, particularly evergreen to attract bugs and maple to drive my allergies crazy. Hope dd is feeling better already.
Licia, Mt. Ranier! How far from that are you? I have SJP on my calendar for Friday, that is if it isn't too hot. The first time I did that one, I remember being surprised to suddenly moving to weights also. Not sure why, so I'm glad it wasn't only me.
Did Circuit Max this morning instead of BM2, didn't have time to do 97 mins, plus it was already hot. But I was dripping from Circuit Max anyway. This evening squeezed in PUB.
Cookie

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.