Commit to get fit & lean for July 30, 2010

bayerngirl

Cathlete
Good morning,

Thanks for all the (((Hugs))) yesterday! You girls are the best! Yesterday we went to Heidelberg ,DS had an doc appointment. After that we went to the
cemetery in Nuernberg, than we had a late night dinner with my younger sister and her DH. We didn't get to bed until midnight:( Need to wake up, I am so tired.

I will do KB wo today, not sure what yet:eek:

Have a great workout, everyone!

Morning!
Belinda, glad you were able to see your sister and family yesterday. How is your sis who is in the states doing? You know I love a good kb wo - knocks any lingering lack of energy and/or stress out of me.
Amelia, did you flind the Car Talk guys? I just found them on cartalk.com, and there is a box on the right where you can type in your question. I also just found on the npr site a music mix for kickboxing, another for boxing, and one for what my dh refers to as contact cardio!
Lori, see I knew you were thinking of doing a lot more than a couple of the measly miles mere mortals like myself would do. How's the poor boy doing today?
Trish, speaking of sick children - how are yours? One thing I do that people think is crazy, cause there are many, is change all toothbrushes and bed linens as soon as someone starts to get ill. It seems to help limit how long bugs stay and transfer. Got your pm and will send you one back. So excited, plus thankful that I didn't scare you away. Good job keeping up with your workouts when things get crazy.
Helene and Iris, come out, come out, wherever you are! We miss you two and are concerned. Please let us know how you are. Is there anything we can do besides continuing to send best wishes and thoughts?
Licia, working those biceps and shoulders moving?
Deb, how's your hip doing? Hope it is okay so that you can pop some ibuprofen or whatever and still meet up. It was great to chat yesterday. Maybe we're sistas from a different missas as some of the kids say.
Okay, got to get the young driver arisen from the dead. Wish I could sleep like my dd. Then finish up last minute packing and hopefully my final report for the month. I've been putting it off and so now I'm giving myself the deadline of getting it done before I leave for the rt.
Cookie

Morning girls,

Belinda: I hope your day is better today. Enjoy your workout.

Cookie: I am so envious of the RT. Have a fantabulous time!

All is well here. Another busy week almost over. Now, it would have helped if I had posted to the right thread last night, but I posted to the one for Wednesday :rolleyes: I think I need more sleep, LOL. So there was nothing interesting in there, but if you want to you can read there..... sorry.

Not much going on here. My visitors are here and I went to bed super late last night. Which means I didn't wake up early enough to wo. There's always tonight. I'm starting to have Cathe withdrawal symptoms (crankiness etc :p).

OK, one more work day. Chugga chugga..... I owe, I owe, so off to work I go.

Good Morning!

I had a good sleep with no interuptions which makes me the stomach bug is leaving:D I had to come home from work early yesterday (that was the plan anyway) b/c he was sick again. He was so uncomfortable, his belly was so bad and I couldn't move two feet. He kept saying "mommy, sitit down" He doesn't say "sit down" LOL. He is still asleep and that's another good sign. We shall see what he is like when he wakes.

Belinda** Sounds like you had a nice day yesterday, even though you were reminded of your mother's passing. It seems as if DS as been with you guys a while.

Ameila** Have fun job hunting!!

Deb** I don't like leg presses either:rolleyes: The only thing I like re: legs is plie squats and band work...thats about it. Hope your hip isn't bothering you to much today. Whe are you having the sugery?

Cookie** Have fun on your RT!!!!

Helene** I went to bed at a sensible time last night...plus I fell asleep with DS and when I got up from that I fell asleep on the couch! LOL I got some reading done yesterday while I was lying around with him but nothing serious.

Trish** I am hoping we don't catch it but whats the chances when we have been around it and kissing him? Although....I don't remember my mom catching to many of our bugs! The mary is on Oct 17th.

I am thinking about following a different training program with this marathon. My BIL gave me a marathon book last year written by Hal Higdon and it as 6 different programs. Last time I followed the program my running partner passed to me and I figured it was just as well. This time I'm gonna change it up and instead of doing 1 long run a week and winging the rest, I am actually gonna follow it day to day. I may have to rearrange stuff but that's no big deal. This program as more mileage as well. And the other thing that is different is you rest two days before your long run, not the day after. The day before the long run could be up to 8 miles. So it is diffently and bit more intense and with more mileage comes the risk of injury. My running partner called yesterday b/c she wants to get a copy of it but I don't think she will do it. Soooooo...if more mileage is coming my way, then I have to figure out what I need to eat and I really need to get to bed earlier! LOL

My UB is very sore from yesterday KB workout...gets me everytime. Im not sure what today's workout will be.

BBL!
Lori:)

Morning, it can't be a good thing waking up with your stomach growling:confused: Im filling it up with coffee right now. will eat in a bit.

Today is a circuit. Im thinking about doing C&W or Bootcamp. Not sure yet.

Belinda-Sounds like you had a good afternoon yesterday. Have a great KB workout.

Lori-Nice job on the UB doms! Enjoy your workout today, glad to hear you had a good nights sleep

Cookie-I've went to the site a few times but get stuck at how to email them or the site with my question. I believe that box thats in the right hand corner is for searching,lol. The music mix sound cool, i will check that out too.

Helene-LOL at your chugga, chugga's and going to work song. I was wondering why the older thread was close to the top LOL. I hope you can get your Cathe fix tonight!

Iris-I hope your doing ok. Im sure your just super busy with all your clients. Hope you had a good week!

Licia-Hows the nutrition plan coming along? Hows the moving coming along?

Debbie-Hope your recovering quickly from your fall. Falls are so scary.

Trish-Happy Birthday to your DD!! Have a great day today.

Hope i didn't miss anyone:confused:

I will bbl

Good Morning Girls,

I had a pretty decent night's sleep..7 hours, so I'm not complaining. Woke up before the alarm and did PUB Shoulders and MM Shoulders + 30 min on ellitpical (iClimb 13). Still feeling some change in the clothes (although the scale is moving ever so slowly:rolleyes:) so I'm going to stay on track. I am headed to TX in two weeks to visit with my dad, stepmom, brother and little sisters. I also have a brand new niece (she will be one month when we arrive) so I'm excited about meeting her, too. My stepmom is a wo fanatic (although she's slightly afraid of Cathe:eek:) so we'll get to wo together which will be fun.

Belinda - Do you think you can squeeze in a nap today? It always helps me when I'm exhausted, plus feeling down. Maybe after kb.

Cookie - Yes, you must get that report done. My DSD takes the cake on sleeping. I swear she sleeps 12 hours a day! It is unreal. When I leave for work, she's asleep, when I come home from work, she's asleep! Makes no sense at all. What a smart idea about throwing away the toothbrushes! I've been washing the linens, but it never dawned on me to change the toothbrushes. Will do that this weekend. I pm'd you back;)

Helene - Is this the first week for your guest? I have to figure out a way not to owe, so I can stop going!

Lori - I love that, "sit it down". Sounds like your training program is going to be a tough one!

Amelia - Eewww, stomach growling is no fun. When do the kids start school? My girls go back the first week of September.

Hello to Deb, Iris and Licia

BBL

Good morning girls,

Weird my hip stopped hurting out of the blue, I can't complain:) maybe it will be a thing that comes and goes. My hernia surgery is Monday so I am going to run a bunch of errands this morning, squeeze in a workout (maybe a circuit like Amelia) & catch up with house duties because I won't be able to do anything for I don't know how long;) I could make this work to my advantage:D:eek:

Belinda - Stange as this may sound I find being at a cemetery very calming . . . hugs again to you.

Cookie - I'm excited for you:) I popped an email to Debbie too. You know we'll want to know every detail . . . wondering if you'll like Zumba:) Also if they'll be any big announcements.

Helene - Like you work song:) Too funny on posting on the older thread . . . we're too close to the weekend to go backwards;)

Lori - I think now that you did a marathon it will be a big help so you'll know what to expect. Happy the germs have left your house:)

Amelia - I'm going to do a circuit later too . . . do you think Drill max is considered a circuit?

Trish - Great workouts today:) I'm thinking about meeting Cookie by Rt. 17 & the thruway in Mahwah NJ on Sunday on her way home, you are welcome to join us too:)

Hi Iris & Licia - Enjoy the weekend:)

Have a great day:)

My workout is done..i decided on the orginal Low Impact Step and did that cardio and weight circuit on there. I added heavier weights instead of the 3's she uses and a bb instead of a stability ball...i burned 630 calories in 1:10minutes:eek: I thought i would try an easier workout... YEAH RIGHT, i was gasping for air, had to lower my step to 6inches after the first step combo:eek:

Debbie-My theory on circuits is that as long as its a combination of cardio and weights...it a circuit:) DM is a toughy. Have fun with it(if thats possible:p) You will be in my thoughts on Mondays surgery....is it an easy procedure?

Trish-How exciting meeting your new baby niece and working out with your SM, nice job on your workout and high fives your clothes fitting loser.

later gators

I'm back...we're having an easy Friday at work. LOVE IT!! I think I will leave a little early today.

Debbie - So glad your hip is feeling better, mysteriously;) How long will you be laid up after surgery? Do you have to stay over night in the hospital? Definitely take advantage of the downtime. I was just looking for a Starbucks off of NJT, but 17 in Mahwah is much closer for me. I'd love to meet up with you guys. The only catch is that I won't wrap up with DD until around 4:00. Does that work for your schedule?

Amelia - Nice workout, girl!

BBL

Made it here; lots of traffic south of Newark. Got here about an hour after the gps had initially predicted 'cause of just sitting around using up gas. Listened to more than half of A Room with a View on the way so it was good.
Cookie

Hi Trish,

I mapped out Cookie's trip (she's about 5 hours from her town to Cathe's) the roadtrip ends around 11AM on Sunday. I'm thinking about meeting her at the Sheraton Rt. 17 Mahwah it's right off the highway and right before the Thruway N87 we wouldn't have to stay there but could find a Starbuck's it's about 127 miles from Cathe which I estimate at 2 hours so around 1 or 2PM she'll be there.

The bottom line is I'm not sure if she would be want to wait until 4PM. I'm going to email and PM Cookie and run it by her.

I feel like this was one of those word problems we had in school . . . how long will it take Cookie to get from point A to point B LOL:D

Hi girls

I ended up doing LIC upper body only 30 min. since I was so busy running around town:confused: I liked it and don't remember doing this workout:confused: I think I'm going to do weights for the next couple of days since I can't lift for 6 weeks and only walk.

For those of you who asked according to the Dr. it's an easy procedure since the hole (hernia) isn't so big:confused: but if I don't want it to come back she doesn't want me to lift weights or anything heavier than a milk carton:mad: It is an outpatient procedure but they must put me under for it:( don't like that part.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.