Commit to get fit and lean for Fri Jan-18-08

bayerngirl

Cathlete
Good morning ladies,

How is everyone doing this morning?! I slept in the morning! My DH is having a four day weekend! What are your plans for today?
My plans for this weekend, my sister with her DH and his mom and dad wants to visit us on Sunday! I think my nice also want to come? My sister’s MIL and FINL never have been on military installations!
I will get my coffee and then catch up on yesterday’s post!

See you in a little pit!
Belinda

Hi!

If you don’t mind I will ask a question everyday, so we get to know each other a little better! I you don’t want to answer that's fine to!

When is your birthday? My b-day is May, 4!

I am back with personals!

Shannon** looks like you had one tough leg workout yesterday! I will do your leg workout today! Looks like I will get a nice burn!

Lainie** I am always glad to get 4DS boot camp done! I am not crazy about boot camp style workouts! Looks like you got a good workout yesterday!

Kristine**when I lived in El Pase, Texas for 3 ½ years, I always wished for snow in the winter! I am only back in Germany 4 ½ month and I have to say I really miss the sunshine! It was nice all that nice white covered snow everywhere. I had enough in Garmish with all that cold and snow! I was freezing the entire time! I need sunshine! I can’t wait for the summer!

Lori**awesome job on your 5 miles yesterday! Enjoy your rest day today! I hope you get your nap in! It must be hard going to work and trying to get your workout in everyday! I am very impressed with you still fitting your workouts in!

Cheryl** are you feeling a little better today? (((((((HUGS))))))

Stacy and Carrie** I already caught up with you yesterday!

Mary** where are you?? Stop by and say hallo!

Have a great workout and Saturday!
Belinda

http://www.PictureTrail.com/gid16930497

Good Morning Ladies:)

Just sipp'in on some coffee and waiting to go home. I have 1 hour left to go. It was a pretty quiet night at work. So quiet that I didn't even see the end of Greys Anatomy. I fell asleep before 11:30!:eek: Woke at 2:30, then 4:30,then 5:22, then 6:30 and got up out of the chair at 6:45. Really it wasn't a bad nights sleep and if I slept like that at home b/c the baby was up I would have to continue on with my day. Right now, I feel great...lets see what happens later!LOL:) :)

If today doesn't end up being a rest day I will be doing a run,GS legs floor work and 4DS Tri,Bic and Shoul.

My birthdday is Aug 2nd and I will be 30!:eek: :eek: :eek: Im not going to have an issues with turning 30 but I dont think I will be very excited about 40!This is a good idea Belinda!

Belinda** I hope you enjoy your company this weekend. What will your plans be? I was also wondering how I would fit my workouts in when I got back to work...but Ive done it! And I have been back to work long enough to set up a routine. My MIL thought that I was going to gain weight when I went back to work! Blah! I showed her! I was 121 when I started back and now I bounce between 116-118 so take that! I don't know why she wanted me to gain weight? Prehaps so she could feel better about herself? I hate talking about my inlaws cause they are the best people in the world but she was very obssessed/concerned about my weightloss for the longest time and it drove me crazy!

DS as his needles at 9! One in the leg and one in each arm! Poor baby! If he as a couple of naps today, I may very well get a workout in. Im also going to make some more pancakes later, Im down to my last 2 and they will get eaten today.

Here is what I plan to eat today but you guys know how it changes! Atleast I have a plan right?
M#1-Pancakes
M#2-Shake
M#3-Another pita pizza
M#4-I dunno! Maybe turkey wraps:9
M#5-Another shake

Have a good one! I won't be back until tonight!

Lori:)

Good Morning Girly girls;-)

UGGHH,its TTOTM for me..actually yesterday was the first day and the scale was the same(got on it in the am,started in the pm;-))so Im NOT WI today or tommorrow...probably on sunday,my free day and OMG it needs to hurry up and get here;-)

Todays workout will be the dreaded Drill max cardio:+..Im just so addictive to that workout,love the cardio-its so challengeing and until I master it I won't let it go,LOL-thats how I am;-)

Belinda,no plans for today-just taking DD to school and hanging out with DS-doing my workout,maybe popping over to Wally world to pick up a few needed produce and such.Sounds like your gonna have a nice long weekend with your DH,i love those kinds of weekends.My DH is off on monday but not today! My b-day is Nov.14,I'll be 30 this year two...at the END of the year,LOL;-)

Lori-sounds like you got some sleep at work,good job;-). It sounds to me like your MIL is just a bit jealous of you,otherwise she would be happy for your accomplishments of being fit and healthy.

Hey to everybody else

I forgot to list my meals yesterday:
b-1/2c egg beaters,one slice of wwtoast,v8
s-1 protien pancake with 1/2 bananna sliced ontop with a sprinkle of cinninmon
l-1 c refried beans on two low carb tortilla's with 1/4 c of cheese topped with lettuce and tomatoe
s-serving of mixed nuts
d-one extra lean ground beef pattie,1/2 c green beans,1/2c black eyed pea's
s-string chees and 1/2 apple

and I have to say that I was starving come about 8 or so-so (hangs head)i ate a half of a ham and mustard sandwich. I hope it doesn't screw up my diet too much :-(

ok,gotta go get DD and grump gus DS up(hes always grumpy in the am)bbl

Good morning ladies,

I guess you are all surprised that I check in so early, hehe.

Not sure what workout I will do today. I am thinking maybe Lowmax or LIC cardio premix. I have to go and run some errands. We have Heidi's Birthday Party on Sunday, so I have to get some things for that and my stepdaughter's birthday is tomorrow, so I need to get some stuff for that as well. I sure hope Heidi will be in a better mood today, she was pretty grumpy the last couple days, but I think it's because of her shots she got on Wedn., 4 total, poor thing!

Oh, my Bday is Dec. 7th and I just turned 31! I had a really nice birthday, better than last year, but I guess that was because I was 9 months pregnant ;-) .

Belinda - Looks like you have a busy weekend ahead of you. Have fun!

Lori - Good luck at the Dr. I hope for you that it won't be too bad. I hate it if my baby screams like bloody murder x( .

Amelia - Have fun with DM. I like the cardio, but it is kinda rough. I guess it's a love/hate relationship I have with that workout.

Ok, ladies, I am going to read a little bit before Heidi gets up but I'll bbl.

Kristine :)

Morning everyone!!

Well, happy to report that I got a nice pilates/yoga workout in before bed last night. That on top of the snow shoveling made for a good couple of workouts:) My plan for this evening is to do Intervals 1-4 of LowMax. Really like that workout. Tomorrow is a rest day as we are very busy, going to my MIL's house for most of the day. She will watch the boys while I take my DD to a preschool b-day party for her classmate. My DH has to work all day tomorrow (busy time of year for him). Should be a nice day though.

As for me, my birthday is March 22, and I will be 34! Hard to believe;)

Belinda, sounds like you have a nice weekend planned also:) Will you do a workout do you think, or have some rest as well?

Lori, glad you got some rest at work and I hope the doctor's visit goes okay for Rylan! Ryan actually gets his shots at 15months, so I'll take him back in April for that. I also have to get my DD's kindergarten shots, so I may do both of their shots in the same visit. That will be interesting!! Hope you get a great workout in today.

Amelia, hello there! DM cardio, eh? Glad to hear you are liking that one, I will be adding that to my collection soon....

Kristine, how fun that you're planning little Heidi's party for ths weekend!!! They are so precious aren't they? Have a great time with that and also with your workout today, sounds like we are doing about the same workout:)

Okay everyone, better get everyone ready for school and the day! I'll be waiting on the plumber today to come by and take a look at our hot water heater, it's acting up! I hate waiting around for someone but it has to be fixed.

I'll try to BBL:)

Stacey

Hi girls,

very quick! I am done with 4DS legs + Muscle Max "Lower body only" premix + MM abs/ stretch!

I don't think I will be catching up with my meals today! It's alread going on 3:30 pm and I didn't had lunch yet! I am only on my M2!

I will shower up and I will be back! I priomis!
Belinda

PS: I am 44!

http://www.PictureTrail.com/gid16930497

Hey gals,

I slept better last night, we seem to have gotten the whole group project thing under control for now. Didn't get my yoga workout in yesterday but I will make up for it Saturday. I spoke to my husband last night and he may be working over and extra week so that means he won't be home until Feb 16th. I miss him but he's been doing this type of work for a while so I guess I'm use to it. I may try to convince my sister to bring my nieces up to see me. She isn't in a relationship so maybe I can talk her into all of us doing something for Valentines Day. Workouts today will be Amy Bento's Kickbox Xtreme and 4ds upper body premix. I also plan on going to Sam's a little later and purchasing BFL and the Eating For Life cookbook.

Belinda - My birthday is March 21 and I will turn 28. Yesterday's workout was tough but mainly because I hate working legs so much. I especially hate doing leg presses:-( Looks like you will have a busy weekend with all your family visiting. Great job on your workout:)

Lori - I think Grey's Anatomy was a rerun last night. I use to really like the show but here lately it's just gotten depressing. I am sorry your little guy has to get shots today, that's not ever any fun. When my nieces have gone to get theirs they are usually fussy for the day...poor babies. Sounds like you have a great workout planned. GS leg floor work is tough, you definitely feel the burn with that one.

Amelia - DM is one tough workout, my least favorite cardio drill is the one with the ball. It just seems like it lasts forever..lol Good luck.

Kristine - I love LIC, it is one of my favorite Cathe workouts. I usually help plan my nieces bday parties, lots of fun:)

Stacey - What yoga/pilates workout do you do? I have a few Rodney Yee workouts and really like him.

Well girls I'm off to get ready to workout. Talk to you later.

Lanie - I just missed you, I guess I should have refreshed the page to make sure nobody else had posted before I submitted mine. I am so sorry about the bad news. He said no step aerobics, not even low impact? I would get a second opinion, especially if it is something you are really not wanting to give up.

Hey Girls!

Whadya know! I got the internet to work at home! DH brought the computer home last night but for some reason they couldn't yet it to work! Phew!
The needles were not fun today at all! He screamed the whole time and she just kept poking him. Whats the sense in letting him calm down? Just as well to do it and get it over with.
It is 2 o'clock here and I still don't know what I am doing. I put DS down for his nap but he is up there screaming his head off. Doesn't want to take one by the sounds of it!
Alright...Im back!:) Rocked him to sleep, now he is out for the count! Now I don't remember what anyone wrote!

BRB!

Now that I have refreshed my memory....here I go!

Belinda** My meals are a bit behind today as well. I couldn't eat when I got off of work b/c i was worrying about the little one. I did eat 2 pancakes shortly after but had a very small brownie while I was waiting.! UGH..me and my sweet tooth!

Stacy** You have the same birth date as DD.She was due on the 15th and showed up exactly a week late. Good job on the workout yesterday. Is your hubby an accountant?

Laine** fill us in! What did the Dr say? Will you never ba able to do step again? What about cardio in general? Oh man, I feel for you. I would not cope well with this news!!!

Shannon** Sounds like you have a good workout planned. Don't even get me started with Grey's! What happened!? I missed alot last yr b/c I had DS is Jan and I went to bed early in the night time b/c of midnight feedings. I use to love that show. George was so funny but now he is just whinny and moody! And why on t.v when people can actually get together and be in love, does something have to go wrong? It happens on EVERY single show! I really hope the McDreamy moves on and kicks miss Grey to the curb...she is driving me nuts as well!

Kristine** I guess you waited to get back to the US before you celebrated Heidis b-day? Do you parents come to visit very often? Have a good day and enjoy your workout!

Amelia** I don't think 1/2 a sandwich will sabatoge your efforts. I would be more concerned about going crazy on cheat day though. Try to keep that within reason. I would probably stick to a cheat meal and then a litte cheat snack before you go to bed.

Im so undecided about what to do. Im not sleepy tired, Im just lazy. Im thinking about doing a small run and maybe GS legs.But I really should take a rest day and start fresh in the morning.

Ill be back with my verdict!

Lori

:)

Hey girls, I have been SO LAZY today...no workout and plan to take a rest day. I just layed in bed with my DS playing his action figures while I watched charlies angles(movie)ive never seen it so I figured wth!

I will do todays workout with tommorrow workout of UB. I love those weekend workouts anyway because I can concentrate more on them(DH takes the kids for a while;-))

I will bbl with personals:7

Lori-LOL I was thinking the same thing about my 'free' day.I will watch it.;-) Did you decide what to do yet?

Lainie-Im sorry to hear about the news on your knee! Are you going to get a second opinion? My last doc(the one that I declared was a coo-coo puff;-))said that I only needed to walk for exercise..yeah right. I went and got a second opinion and my new doc tells me to 'tone down' my step areobics to two days a week and to bring the down the step heigth.

Stacey-I would definately think about getting drill max,its a real challengeing workout(did I spell that right,LOL;-)) Great job on your workout yesterday!

Shannon-I KNOW what you mean on the drill with the ball...it DOES last 4-ev-er. I think the drill(cardio)thats the most fun is the step one with the fast feet at the end:7 very fun!

Belinda-I just had my 4th meal-it is hard trying to remember to eat. And sometimes I just not hungry! Maybe eat a little bit bigger dinner? Great workout!

Carrie-dang,I was gonna tell you something and now I can't remember x( oh well.....Have a great day!

Mary-Where'd ya go? I hope your having a good day!

Kristine-have fun reading...happy early b-day to your little one!:)

Cheryl-how are you doing today?

bbl

Hi chicks--

Today was yogaX, I had a hard time getting into it. I am really tight in my hip area. I skipped the YogaBelly7 (for those who know/have this workout) I hate that part, Tony just walks around and doesn't do the exercises. So annoying. That is what is great with Cathe, she never skips reps to 'check on the kids'. She just suffers through it like the rest of us!

My birthday is Jan 3rd, I won't say my age because I always lie. A woman who tells her age will tell anything, at least that is what my mom says. I tell an age, but it's always alot younger!

Belinda-i just love our new name, thanks for changing it! Have a fun weekend with your family.

Lori-nice you get to sleep at work! Are you done for the week? How many hours a week do you work? Your shifts seem long. :)

Amelia-I love those long weekend workouts too. Did you like Charlie's angels? It's pretty cute.

Lainie-sorry you were told no step aerobics. Is that for ever, or just for awhile?

Hi to Shannonm,Kristine, & Stacey --catch up with you guys later, when I am at work!

Carrie

Hey carrie,I did like charlie's angels...cute movie.I think I want to watch the second one now! I like drew barrymore. LOL at you not telling your age,crazy gal;-)

OK, here's the thing with the knees. My kneecaps are apparently a bit funky, for one thing. He mentioned how much they moved around (which I didn't know was not normal) and in the X-ray you could see how off-center they were. Apparently I'm just built that way, so it's not a result of injury or whatever. Apparently my quads have been weakened since the ankle injury (when I greatly limited cardio and lower body work) and that has worsened already weak, wobbly knees. I told him how I like to exercise and what kind I do and he immediately said I should quit stepping. Like for good. I suggested a 4" step. Nope. And to quote him "step aerobics are the worst thing you could do with those knees." So that's the deal. I will find out more about this and I have another prescription for physical therapy (well, at least the PT is a cutie). I figure I will question both the orthopedist and the PT more about what I can do. I'm afraid he's probably right, because I'd already lowered to a 4" step and was still having difficulties. I'm thinking about getting one of those MatStep things where you can do step on the floor (so it's not actually stepping at all but the mat is the size of a step). Of course he suggested biking, so I'll have to start pestering DH for a stationary bike again. He also didn't say I had to quit kickboxing, so that's something.

I hope to BBL for personals, but for now I want to go do some yoga.

[font face="comic sans ms" font color=purple]***Lainie***
My fitness blog: http://fitnessfig.blogspot.com/ http://bestsmileys.com/exercising/7.gif

If you want to give God a good laugh, tell Her your plans.[/font]

hi girls,

Lori**good for you to show your MIL the opposite! I don’t know way people are so obsessed/concerned with others weight! I had a lady two days ago telling me to start exercising (walking) with my neighbor upstairs! Since my neighbor couldn’t keep up with their 30 min, walk! She told me to start walking with my neighbor upstairs so we both get a little workout! I looked at her and told her I don’t think that you or anybody can keep up with me! I told her I run, kick box, and do step and heavy weights! I hope I will see her a... in the gym next week, when I out run her! Bring it on! That’s all I have to say! It’s nice to get a break at work! Those pancakes are good??

Amelia**must be in the air, I am lazy too today! I need to clean my house; I am too lazy to do it! Enjoy your rest day! I am not crazy about DM! You are doing so good!

Kristine** happy b-day to your stepdaughter! Looks like you having a pretty busy weekend too! Have fun! What book are you reading?

Stacy** How said snow shoving isn’t a workout? It is defiantly a workout! Great job!
Enjoy Low Max tonight! I think I will take my rest/ free day Sunday! How did it go with the plumber today?

Lainie** can you get a second opinion! That would be sucks! Big hugs!

Shannon**sounds like your DH is gone a lot too! You are right you get used to it! I have been doing it for 25 years! When my DD was born my DH was gone an average of 8 month a year! Good that your nieces will keep your company! Did you get the books?

Carrie**good job making it through yogaX! I am dragging today too! I am so glad you like the new name! Happy late birthday, Carrie! Sorry, we missed it! You are funny about your age! LOL! You do look very young!

Hi Mary and Cheryl! I hope you have a nice day!

BBL!
Belinda

Hello again!

So the plumber was here for 2 hours this morning, but, we have a functioning water heater again! Yay, definitely need hot water!!

Belinda, good job on your workout and definitely you need to show up your neighbor at the gym!! People are too funny!

Shannon, sounds like you are getting in great workouts! That's so nice to be able to spend time with your nieces. I have a twin sister in TX and we are super close. I miss her a lot and especially now that she has a little baby boy. Luckily, we visit each other a lot though.

Lori, man, sorry Rylan's shots were traumatic! I hate taking my kids to get their shots!! But, guess it has to be done and luckily they are too young to remember them later in life. Yes, my husband is an accountant so this is his crazy time of year, it will ease up about mid-Feb for him.

Lainie, oh my gosh!!! I'm terribly sorry about the news from you doctor about your knees! You definitely should convince your DH on the exercise bike. I guess on the positive side, better to choose exercises that won't further damage them, right? You can still do all of Cathe's weight workouts which is a lot. Trying to cheer you up, hope it's working.

Amelia, I think the lazy bug is going around, I'm looking at my house and all it's mess and really need to clean it. But, don't feel like it! I better though, it will start to bother me:)

Alright, still on track to do LowMax tonight! Doubt if I'll be able to check in tomorrow, so have a great weekend and I'll catch up with you all on Sunday;)

Stacey

Hey girls,

I finished my workout, Amy's Kickbox Xtreme is so much fun and Cathe's 4ds upper body premix is tough tough tough. My upper body is completely fried. I also went to Sam's but they didn't have the BFL books, I thought I had seen them there before but I guess not unless they are just sold out. I might order them online if I can't find them anywhere here.

Lori - I know all the relationships that form on Grey's always get messed up, it is so aggravating. I also hope McDreamy dumps Meredith, she is just so stupid. It would be nice if some of the shows could have happy endings. I am sorry to hear your little guy had such a rough time today, hopefully he will feel better tomorrow.

Amelia - I agree the last drill is the most fun. I wanted to be lazy today too but decided to force myself to get going. Why is it so hard to get moving during the morning? I usually make my coffee and get on the computer to check email, Cathe forum, etc and then do my workout. I think it's because I plop myself down on the couch and get comfy again which makes me not want to do anything.

Lanie - I am so sorry about the knee problems, maybe when you speak to your physical therapist yall can figure out something that might help.

Belinda - I agree, you show that neighbor what your made of..lol Seriously some people can be so rude. Why can't people just keep their mouths shut if they don't have anything nice to say? My husband is gone a lot, he will be gone at least 5 weeks this time. I guess what's good about his job is that when he gets home he will have a month off before going back to work again. I am also close to my sisters, they are my best friends. They live a few hours away but we talk a lot and visit quite often.

Stacey - Definitely need hot water, I bet you are glad to get that fixed. Today's workout was good but man was it long. I didn't think that upper body workout was ever going to end..lol

A big hello to anyone else I missed

Later

Hey Girls!

I just put DS to bed (although he isn't asleep) and DH is gone to pick up DD. Today is my cheat day b/c I picked at a chocolate cake waaay to much and DH is also picking up snacks when he picks up DD.So there...today is my bad day.Back on the horse again tomorrow!
I am majorily bloated and gassy tonight! TMI? I know! I think its b/c I have had a green salad every night this week! One bad thing about eating healthy!

I tried to have a nap today and just as I started doozing off, DH came home! When he left again I tried to get to sleep but it was a no go. I finally got up and did my workout. I did a 6 mile run and the floor work of GS legs. Tomorrow morning I am going to set my alarm to get my run in before DS wakes. We have a b-day party to go to at 3 and there is no way I can workout while he naps. I need to be ready to go to the party when he wakes up.

Ameila** It sounds like you had a nice relaxing day! Sounds like a snow day or something!

Belinda** I can't beleive that lady said that to you! Did you give her a uppercut? You should have showen her what you were made of!

Carrie** Some weeks I work 2 days, and other weeks I work 5 days. My shifts are either 13.5 hours long (night shifts) or 10.5 hours long. This week I only worked 27 hours but next week I will do 62 hours. Actually, I took a OT shift for Wed night so its a 75 hour work week:eek:

Stacy** Have a good weekend! This is a budy time of yr for all accountants, I assumed thats what he was! I hate numbers, btw! LOL

Shannon** 4DS is a toughy isn't it! Ouch! I feel your pain...did it 2 days ago:) Do you watch private practice? Its a nice spin off. There is also another show that comes out...Cashmere Mafia, I like that one as well.

Laine** I feel for you! What are you going to do with all those workouts!? Atleast you can do kickboxing, that is a great workout. Although, I would think all that kicking and lunging wouldn't be good for your knees.

Well, DS as been fine today so far. No reaction to the needles whatsoever. We just had a great time playing for the last hour. They are such cuties at this age!
BB in the morning!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.