Commit to get fit and lean for Fri Feb 29th 2008

bayerngirl

Cathlete
Good morning girls,

I am getting us started! I will do UB workout today!

I will be back later!
Have a great day!
Belinda

Afternoon Belinda,Morning everybody else!

I just woke up with a full blown sore throat x(. I hope its just a dry throat and it will go away! I don't get it,i felt great yesterday...maybe I should have taken another rest day?

YAY,Today is friday:7:7

so todays workout is suppose to be gs chest and triceps and gs legs,and ive even cosidered some cardio on the TM-thats what i want to do,but will my body allow it?-will see. I just feel the need for a good sweatfest...ever feel like that?

Cheryl-some more of my favorite 'avoid sweets' treats is sugar free fudge pops,popcyles,cocoa,pudding...the only thing is im starting to eat really clean so i know all those arificial sweetners aren't good for me :-(.

Belinda-what UB workout you doing?

im off to surf cahteland a bit,bbl

Good Morning:)

Still detoxing over this way:-( LOL Im not even gonna bother with the scale for a couple of days. Prehaps Ill weigh on Mon?...or Sun? I will really like to get back down to 117 but I have to admit, looking back now, I don't think I was eating very much. Not on purpose, I just didn't have the time. Then during dinner, DS would be all cranky and I would eat a little, bath him and never bothered with food for the rest of the night. I dunno....I guess I should just be happy at 120! Thats still 8-12 lbs lighter then my prepreg weight.

Belinda** Good job with the workout! Im in the mood to lift some weights but unfortunately today is LB! Barf! I could puke! I hate, hate, hate it!

Ameila** I already chatted with you on the challenge forum. I like checking in with that group but I have kind of been thinking about bowing out and just doing my own 4 week challenge or nothing at all. Lord knows I haven't really been challenging myself. I guess with weights I have and I do see some dif in my UB but thats not really a challenge b/c I love to workout. If anything since Ive started the challenge, Ive had to concentrate on everything more and Ive gained weight. Before the challenge I was just kind of carefree and did whatever, whenever. I dunno.....there are only 3 weeks left right? I guess a new challenge will probably start then. If I had lots of weight to lose I think I would be more motivated to stick to something. But b/c I am already in pretty good shape and in order to get into better shape I would have to be super strict, Im not really into it. Im not ever gonna be on the cover of a magazine so I don't see the point in stressing myself about carbs/protein or anything else for that matter!
Just had to get that off of my chest! LOL

So yesterday I saw the thread about LM with a 8 lbs med ball. Im thinking about trying that today b/c I haven't done LM in ages! It would also be nice to do something low impact and maybe do another run tomorrow. If i don't do LM I am gonna do Imax 3 and GS legs is a given anyway. Im thinking tomorrow will be a run and PUB!

O.k I have to get one kiddie off to school and the other ones breakfast!

BBL!
Lori :)

Lori-girl,you do what makes you happy:),your in excellent shape and what is this crap I hear about you 'never being on the cover of a magizine'???? YOU certianly could...your one hot momma;-)! And wouldn't it be cool if Cathe made her own magizine? I know what you mean though,if i was in shape like you...i would be a happy camper and wouldn't stress over every little thing! besides,didn't you say that your measurments are almost back to were they were before the gain? Have fun with LM...I had a blast with that one on tuesday! I didn't see that thread about using a 8lb med ball?

Good Morning Peeps--

Belinda-enjoy your upper body work.

Amelia-I think you should workout, hey, what's a sore throat compared to an amazing Cathe workout? I read that if you have a cold/sore throat, you can workout, if you have muscle aches and are throwing up, you should take a day off. I read your post on OD with the scale. You probably know my opinion already, so I won't sound like a broken record. Maybe just do measurements 1/month or week?

Lori-I second what Amelia said, but I do understand where you are coming from. It's so weird that you aren't maintaining with all your cardio, but I really think eating has alot to do with it. Especially if before you weren't eating much at night. That is how I can lose weight quickly, not eating after 5pm. Works great! But, it's hard to maintain that if you have a family and work schedule, etc. I saw that LM with med ball. That sounds like an amazing workout--please let us know how it went!

Stacey-Did you go to a dr to see if you had a fractured rib?? How do you know that? Scary! I hope you feel better!!

Again I am not sure what to do today!!!! Probably one more easy day of yoga, and then back on to week 5 tomorrow.

Carrie

LOL,Carrie,i feel like a broken record when i complain about the scale! I guess when i get tired of of listine to myself,i will stop weighing everyday..in the mean time,sorry that you guys have to listen to it,LOL-have fun with your yoga.

Belinda-I plan on on getting that shaky arm feeling too...just waiting for my DH to head off to work,luckly on fridays he goes in early so he can get off earlier!

My throat is feeling better,so i will do GS..chest/tric's/legs and i want to do imax2 the firs premix,will bbl to report what i did!

Hi, everyone! I made it through one hour of LIC - a new milestone for lately - did all three cardio segments and then skipped to abs instead of the final weight section, but it felt really good to be back in the weights again. So happy.

Lori, you look great at 117 or 120. Either way. So the choice is yours. And you've certainly earned it with all your hard work!

Belinda, love that CTX! Great job!!

Amelia, so sorry your sore throat is in full swing. Yes, mabe a low impact workout would be just the ticket today.

Hello to Stacey, Lainie, Carrie, Kristine - I hope everyone has a wonderful Friday! TGIF!

Cheryl

Belinda-I got my BB from Wally world,its about5ft long and weighs like 5lbs! Im not sure if yours is too long,does it matter if there too long(?)I have no idea.... maybe someone in OD can help you more,or some of the gang here!But the good news is you got a BB,YAY!

Cheryl-so glad to see you more lately:D And YAY on LIC,man i haven't done that one in a while! Im really liking the gs series,very fun!

im popping in right quick to report my workout! Did GS chest and triceps and GS legs standing segment! I feel great,hope it last for the rest of the day! I did try to do imax2 but my legs were like noodles,they were out of stregnth,

Lori-how do you do long workouts without your legs giving out on ya?well,you have been doing them for a while,haven'tcha;-)

ok,bbl

Belinda** I think DH is trying to make away with you! LOL Thats nuts! Prehaps one day you will be able to lift 300 lbs!;) I would think my BB is about 5 feet long and maybe 5-8 lbs. When working out, I consider it to be 5 lbs but I have never weighed it.

Carrie** I use to be able to eat whatever I wanted all day and as long as I didn't eat in the night and went to bed hungry I lost weight. I think time is soon going to change though as I push 30 and beyond! LOL I know what I have to do...its just a matter of doing it. Have fun with whatever workout you decide!

Cheryl** Good job with the workout! I am enjoying weights more and more. I just had to convince myself NOT to do PUB and save it for tomorrow. And b/c I didn't do it DS is still napping and I am out of the shower and ready to go somewhere when he wakes. Feels nice not to be in a rush all the time.

Ameila** I think i will keep checking in, I don't want to leave at the last couple of weeks! LOL But I don't think I will be joining anymore challenge. I think my outlook on it is kind of like Heathers.

So I did my planned workout. It was a good workout but the cardio wasn't as hard as I thought it was gonna be. My legs were burning but b/c I couldn't use my arms during the blast (b/c of the weight) my HR didn't feel as high. Oh well..I still had a good workout and I don't have to torture myself EVERY day right? hehe I also did GS legs so I think my legs will be pretty sore in the morning.

O.k...have to fold some laundry and get some lunch for DS for when he wakes.
Geez...where is Laine? I hope she is o.k! She is bveen compaining about being sick for so long....I hope she is alright!

Lori:)

Hi gals!!

Well, I did get a nice elliptical interval workout in last night! Tonight will be elliptical and Lower Body (not sure which dvd I'll use for that yet).

Okay, update on my ribs: I did go to the doctor this morning and I do have a fractured rib. I was told it is fairly common for ribs to fracture during intense coughing fits. I had a severe cough for two weeks. Also, I have a hernia near my belly button that developed during my pregnancy and has steadily gotten worse. It doesn't bother me all the time, but sometimes I feel a twinge of pain. It is noticeable in the mirror though, especially from the side. I will be having a surgery consult for that within the next few weeks and they will decide if I need to have outpatient surgery (it is a straightforward procedure that uses netting to pull the intestines down...I know, gross, but there it is!). As I've told you all we had decided we are done with 3, and this just reaffirms why! Clearly, my body is tired and having some stress from the pregnancies.

While this all sounds bad, the hernia is totally repairable, it just needs no lifting or ab work for about 6 weeks. I'll have to be careful with some household activities and try to limit lifting Ryan (which will be the biggest challenge). For the rib, that just has to heal on it's own, the bones need to recalcify and strengthen.

I'll continue on with my cardio on the elliptical and lower body work from Cathe's dvd's until the other issues are healed up.

Sheesh, sorry for the novel here!! I'll try to bbl today or this weekend for personals:)

To everyone, have a SUPER weekend and great workouts:) I'm determined to not let this get me down...

Stacey

Hi girls,

Amelia** I woke up with a sore throat this morning too! Did you get that shaky arm feeling? Great workout today!

Lori** you look awesome girl! Don’t worry about the scale! I will try LM with a 8 lbs med! Sounds tough! You did cardio and legs! Fantastic!

Carrie** did you end up doing yoga? I hope you had fun!

Cheryl** CTX UP fooled me today! I thought I was doing a shorter UB workout, ended up doing almost 60 min.! Awesome job with LIC!

Belinda

http://www.PictureTrail.com/gid16930497

Hi girls,

Amelia** I woke up with a sore throat this morning too! Did you get that shaky arm feeling? Great workout today!

Lori** you look awesome girl! Don’t worry about the scale! I will try LM with a 8 lbs med! Sounds tough! You did cardio and legs! Fantastic!

Carrie** did you end up doing yoga? I hope you had fun!

Cheryl** CTX UP fooled me today! I thought I was doing a shorter UB workout, ended up doing almost 60 min.! Awesome job with LIC!

Stacey** great workout last night! Have a blast with your workout tonight! Have a super weekend as well!

Belinda

http://www.PictureTrail.com/gid16930497

Stacey-Wow,i hope you don't have to have surgery! That would stink! But you sound really positive about it all-i wish you the best with it all!

Belinda-OMG did my arms shake with gs chest and triceps...especially during the triceps,i thought they were going to 'lock'at one point! I had to reduce my weight several times!:-( What a fun workout though,and i love all the gs workouts,such fun!

ok,its time for my fourth mini meal,so gotta go see whats in the kitchen...gotta get some grociers this evening x(

Hey girls,I wanted to share this recipe-Rachel ray had it on her show yesterday and it looked really good and clean too~!

http://www.rachaelrayshow.com/food/recipes/winter-greens-pasta/

Of course i wouldn't use the breadcrumbs for a topping but I watched her make it and the anchovy fillets completely disappear when cooked in olive oil...thought that was neat!

Lainie,where you at girl?

ok,gotta go clean and get ready for my hubby to get home!

Everybody have a great night:)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.