Commit to get fit and lean for Feb 8, 2010

bayerngirl

Cathlete
Good morning,

My plan is to do D 16 today.

Cookie I am not a big fan of the game either. Never got into it! DH on the other hand loves watching the game. It comes on late in Germany. He didn't get to bed until 4 A.M:rolleyes: I was in lala land:p No, the PX is on base and the reason they give such great deals is, because the don't have a warehouse, so they have to mark it down. :p I found a lot of nice cloth just for a $1, you are seeing right!;) Glad you enjoyed D20 and SM yesterday. Still haven't done any of the new workouts, except the Kb one!:confused: I think I wlll try them this week.

Iris I need to try that baked oatmeal, sounds really good! WTG, on that cal burn!

Helene double workouts? You go, girl!

Debbie how was your party of two:D You let people smoke in your house? DH loves the games, I don't! The SB is only big for the Americans not the Germans!

Amelia at least your house is clean;)

Lori great job as always on your workout!

I iwll be back to report my workout/personals!

Have a great Monday!

Last edited:
Good Morning!:)

I can't believe this is my 4th morning up in a row. Atleast yesterday morning I did'nt get up until 7. I have to work a few hours this a.m for my coworker who has a speech appt for her son. The new owners are suppose to be arriving today (for the 3rd day) and one of us needs to be there. So I am just working from 9-12 but thought it would be wise to get my workout 1/2 over with b/c when I get off, I will have tons of stuff to do around here, plus I may take DS out to play in the snow. I will also need to get STS in some time tonight or this afternoon. It will make it alot easier breaking it up like this.

So how much damage did everyone do yesterday? Nothing special happened here so no damage to control. The last 2 nights I have been successful in not picking before bed. I haven't been that good in that dept in the last week:confused: It only take a time or two and I will be good to go again.

Belinda** Hope you enjoy your workout. Im not sure what disc Im on....Im guessing its disc 13.

Ameila** Did you buy anything good at walmart? I can't go there without spending $100 or so. I go for tolit paper and laundery detergent and end up with more junk that no one needs! LOL

Iris** Do you work with this guy or he just hangs out on Monday nights? I wouldn't give him the cold shoulder b/c he will think you are mad at him. I would treat him the same way that you treat everyone else, that should get him going. I can totally see why you didn't want to have anything to do with him! What a jerk!

Deb** DD's trip is expensive! I am actually thinking about writing a bigger check the next time just to make paying for it go by faster! If I make a payment of 600 then that will be over 1800 paid and I think the trip only cost between 1800-2000 ( i really didn't mean to put the word "only" in there) Then we have to turn around and pay for her lunches and shopping! Ugh! Her father doesn't call her very often, he called her on Christmas day to ask what her address was so he could send her gift! and that was the last time he called. Anyway, my mom told him mom about this trip she is going on, for the purpose that maybe he would chuck in a little bit of money. His mom asked if he knew about it b/c she thought that he would love to know and that he would love to help out. Give me a break! You would think that someone who as gotten away without paying child support for the last 5 yrs could help out a bit. When DH adopted her , that meant he didn't have to pay support anymore. The girl has been burned so much by him that we just wish he would leave her alone. Who calls on christmas day and ask for a address!? not only that....she still hasn't received anything!

Helene** Glad you are back into the swing on things!

Cookie** So did you have any guest show up?;) Did they get the shock of their lives? LOL

Alright...I need to get this workout started!

I will bbl, happy Monday everyone!:eek:;)

Lori:)
progress.gif

Oh and just a thought...did anyone want to start reporting food for the day? I think I would like to. I may even start journaling again b/c i haven't done that it a long time! Maybe we could report what we ate in the evening or in the next mornings post?

Good morning Lori and all who follow,

I am done with Meso 2 Disc 16 chest/shoulder & triceps! My upper body is fried! Doing weight training back to back, is tough.:confused: Glad this is over!

Lori, I think that is a great idea, posting our food;) Have fun with your workout today!

BBL need to stretch!

Morning

Im not sure what workout im doing today, right now Ive got a huge hangover so not much thinking going on. I woke up and drank about three glasses of water with a Goody's powder(thank-goodness for goody's;))

DH and i watched a movie while drinking mango margarita's last night. We watched Bride Wars..such a cute movie. Im a fan of Kate Hudson so i figured i would like it...

Belinda-Enjoy your workout

Lori-Im with ya on the food journaling.

Cookie-Dontch'a just love it when your not expecting company and you have three different things going on when they show up...argh

ok..bbl

ok,enough babbling...bbl

Morning!
Quick pop in to report 40/20 done! My dh came down to do NordicTrak while I was killing myself, which of course made me have to jump a little higher. He's truly scared of Cathe now.
Amelia, what is Goody powder? I also love margaritas and thought Bride Wars was cute.
Lori, heck no - it would take too long for me to list all that I eat! I'll have to think about it. Good idea about breaking up your wo.
Belinda, $1? Now does that make it worth the airfair? Hmmmm...
Iris, Lori's got a great idea - act like he's just a guy hanging out like all the others. It will drive him crazy and he'll have to figure things out.
Helene, hope everyone is healthy at your house.
Trish, take care,
Ok, off to work.
Cookie

:) Good Morning Ladies.

Busy morning here! It's only 7:30, I thought I was up early! lol Well I just had some baked oatmeal for starters... I very loosely plan what I eat, so this might be hard for me. Today I will do D8, and possibly some short cardio after. And being Monday, I will do laundry, tidy the house, possibly study some more, and dread work. The thing about nighttime is that the later it gets, the slower it gets, and that's when "he" comes in. If he comes in during the day I am definitely too busy and there's plenty of people to talk to, but not at night. At night, he is my entertainment, good or bad. *sigh*

As of right now, I havent' the faintest idea who won Superbowl. :eek:

Belinda- I am jealous of your shopping expeditions! Have a great workout today!

Amelia- The thing about the BL is how realistic is it? I was reading a post on here yesterday ( I think it was Clarissa) and she was saying how her clients are expecting her to be a miracle worker, because that's what they see on T.V. When in reality, weight loss and results dont' typically happen like that! MMM...mango margharita's! WTG on your hangover. :eek:

Deb- Nuts go rancid in the fridge?? Uhoh...I keep the oatmeal in the fridge...I think it will keep, though, with the almonds in it. I hope so anyways. It's so hard cooking for one. :( Did you get some cardio in yesterday? Did your boys stop in? Who won the Superbowl?? LOL

Cookie- Nice job with 40/20! Nice workouts yesterday too! That just gave me an idea...maybe I'll tack on the step portion of MIC today to STS....hmmmm.... And thanks for letting me know about the Maple flakes! I shop at Price Chopper normally, but couldn't find them. I will definitely check Hannaford (Latham?). I never seem to luck out with organics from either market on Central Ave..

Hi to Trish and Helene!!

BBL

Hello,

Well I was going to post yesterday but it all went to hell. DS has had a low grade fever and now he complains his stomach hurt. This morning, I went downstairs and come back up to find he had just gotten sick in my bedroom. Poor guy. Nothing major but enough he doesn't feel well.

Belinda: Awesome deal on the workout stuff. And how are you feeling? Do give the new STS workouts a go and let us know what you think. Did you get all of them? I like them all. And they are great add-ons too. Since you workout hard too, I have a feeling you will be doing some of that.

Iris: Seriously, that guy needs some serious manners. You need to make up a new guy that treats you well if you don't want a real one. Maybe that will get this jerk to behave normally. Hum....maybe we can meet up at PF Changs someday? LOL I won't ruin who won the superbowl for you.

Lori: Posting the food would take a while but we could post the calories in..... However, I think it's a great idea. Maybe keeping honest with you guys will help me be more reasonable. And Yikes about DDs trip. That is like a car payment. It had better be a good trip. Because that is as much as a nice family vacation too. Except she gets to go by herself. Hope she realizes that. I am really sorry to her that her dad is such a person. That is just a horrible experience for a young girl to have. You are right. He is making things worse.

Cookie: I heard tuition bills were through the roof. All I got to say, is if mine go to college, they had better take it seriously because I hate to think how much it's going to cost by then. It sounds like none of us were into the superbowl much. Kind of funny. Sounds like your work is intense. Nice workouts and LOL at jumping higher on 40/20 because DH was there.

Amelia: Yeah, the blahs are (mostly) gone. I still feel so overwhelmed with everything. That's the hard part. We work so much, for a long time now I was thinking I need a month off to catch up. DH and I both work 45+ hours a week (sometimes up to 60) and then we have the kids and I want to make sure I workout (actually keeps me more sane). It's just hard with everything else that needs to get done everyday. Sorry, just trying to explain the blahs. The work/life balance feels really challenging at the moment. Today I get to stay home 'cause DS is sick. Wonder if I'll be able to cath up on Laundry.... WTG on the hangover with Margaritas.

Deb: So did you enjoy the superbowl? It sounds like it was almost a valentine date with just the two of you ;). We used to do the superbowl party with friends too but now everyone has young kids. It seems we all keep to ourselves a lot more. I think we will socialize more when they are a bit older. Which yoga did you do?

Trish: I hope you had a nice weekend. Not too much snow I hope.

OK, I am not sure what I will do for workout later since I am with DS. Hope to BBL and report something. I have D17 planned I think but would also like to get some cardio in.

Back again! Checking in with D8 and because I was wearing a pink top/black pants, I opted for Imax 3 Step Only Premix (lol...I enjoy matching them). Had a great workout. :) I am now having Cottage Cheese and blueberries.

Helene- Yes when things calm down for you (at least I hope they will), we will do PF Changs! Just let me know. ;) Yeah I should make up a new guy.....
I'm sorry your DS is sick....:( It stinks.

BBL

Hi girls,

Looks like I'm the late one today:) you are all starting the week off right. I ended up falling asleep during the game . . . I miss too many endings of movies this way:eek: The New Orlean Saints won . . . didn't matter to us. We were in a couple of football pools but didn't win anything.

Simba kept us up last night coughing thought I would have to call the vet this morning but can't do it:( I'm heading to the gym to do CC on the TM. Will do STS Disc 13 either later or tomorrow.

Belinda - We don't allow smoking in our house, DH's friends do so that's why we stay home. Your poor DH has to stay up so late to watch the game but men don't seem to mind:)

Lori - That's so messed up how DD's father treats her. Since he doesn't pay support you would think he would kick in some money. I wonder why his mother doesn't help out it is her grandchild:confused: or have a talk with him. When she is older she will be able to see his true colors. I will try to write down what I eat sometimes it is all over the place:confused:

Amelia - The margarita's sound good the hangover not so much:) What is goody's powder?

Cookie - Your so nice about friends dropping in unexpectingly, I hope you weren't in your pj's:eek: It's funny how we work harder when someone is watching:)

Iris - I think that's why he comes in at night because he wants you to give him all of your attention. They say nuts can go bad if you don't put them in the refrig which I don't. My Mom always put pb in the refrig but I like it room temperature.

Helene - You and DH work some serious hours. You must live for the weekends:) Any workout you can fit in is an accomplishment.

Trish - So now they are calling for another snow storm on Wednesday but they said this one is for real:confused: Actually the weathermen had me cracking up one said he cried when he woke up and there wasn't any snow the other one said he wanted to hide under his bed.

Have a great day everyone:)

Hi Girls!

I am fearful that I am turning into a witch! You can replace that w with a b if you want. Here are the 3 things that ticked me off today:

1) I tell my boss yesterday to call me if anything changes with the new owners coming today b/c if they aren't coming, Im not coming in....which means I don't have to get up early. I get up early, workout, call work, no answer, I call again and my boss tells me that the new owners are coming tomorrow:mad: Did I NOT tell him to call me if anything changed? The thing that irritates me is that he probably knew that last night.

2) I tell him that I am going to pop up to work in a little while and I ask him if he can do a check out for me. I go to work and he is clearing up snow in front of the building....no check to be seen! I am sooo pissed! I could wait for him to come in but I don't know how long that is going to be. Both of those things were enough to make me realize that I am looking forward to some new ownership in this joint! We are at his beck and call and he can't even take 2 sec to write a check for me? Or to call me and tell me the new owners aren't coming?

3) On my way to work I get a email on my bb its from my SIL , inviting everyone to a farwell dinner for the lady that lives with me. What place do they pick? A place I don't care for and they know it? All you can get is pop and beer there.I know it was my SIL and MIL who picked the place and they both know Im not fussy. My response to the email was PD? (pizza delight) you can't even get good drinks there. I haven't heard from her since but there is only a handful of ladies going so you would think that they would have asked our family friend where she wanted to eat....which probably would have been the place I wanted to eat:p

Todays workout so far was 30 mins on the TM and 40/20. DS and I just came in from outside making snow men. I am starting to get lazy now though.

Belinda** Good job with your workout!

Ameila** LOL HUngover on a monday morning...what a way to start the week. I have a feeling you weren't the only one hungover today.

Iris** I love cottage cheese and yogurt mixed together. It as to be a certain kind of yogurt though.

Deb** His parents can't afford to do anything, they don't have a whole lot of money. My MIL paid the payment in Dec and no doubt she will give her some spending money. My mom offered to help with the next payment but Im not sure how much she will chuck in. No doubt my parents have a nice stash but she isn't free with it at all, which is fine, its her money. They worked hard tucking it away. How old is Simba now? Is there a reason why your not calling the vet????

Cookie** I always do the same thing when there is someone watching me workout (which doesn't happen very often) You have to jump higher and show off...its only natural! LOL

Helene** Sorry to hear DS is sick. My SIL's kids have been sick all weekend. Its never fun!

I may bbl!

Hey girls, imax2 came today so i did that 1-5 premix then DH has a hair up his butt to go look at a rental property. We get there and really like it,nice yard 3br 2ba and the rent is in budget. THEN i ask if they allow pets....he didn't ask,so i call and they don't:rolleyes: bummer:(

Lori-Yep,i believe that would make the 'witch' in me come out too...good workout today.

A Goody powder is kinda like an Excedrin in powder form...

Hello to everyone..i will catch up with everyone tomorrow:)

'Evening!
Boy, am I tired! Don't know if it is work stress and/or sts, but I sure feel tired lately.
Belinda, how are you feeling with those double wt workouts?
Deb, did the boys stop in last night? Not in pjs yesterday, but sweats and a fleece! And that stupid turban thing! Geesh - it was bad. Made a mad dash to the bathroom to take it off, but it was a humbling experience.
Iris, hope you find those maple sugar flakes. I've had good luck with finding things at Hannaford, even the one on Central Ave. Hope he's not getting on your nerves. I've put MIC on the calendar for next week!
Amelia, it would be hard for me to move without my animals, so I know how you feel. Someone I know offered an extra deposit, and they accepted her pet. Just an idea.
Helene, it is so hard to work, have a family, and a house. It is just constant work. For years when all the kids were home, I felt like I was on a continual high inclined treadmill and couldn't find the switch to slow it down or turn it off. Now that most are gone, some of it has slowed down, but other areas of my life have picked up.
Waves to Trish!
Cookie

Evening girls,

Late check in for me. As promised, I took the whole weekend off:eek:!! It felt great. I only left the house to go to the grocery store! I even got a 3 hour nap in on Saturday. I almost ruined it by staying up too late last night, though, but I woke up and did iTrain 30 (30 min, 4.6 mi, 344 cals) and S&H Chest & Back during lunch. I increased my weight on a few wos;)

Belinda - I don't follow the games either. For SB, I sit down for the commercials and get up for the game! Nice job on your wos today!

Lori - I'm all for posting our eats. I actually have been slacking on keeping my food journal so this will be helpful. Bummer about your boss. That was so inconsiderate of him. So, did you get SIL to change the farewell restaurant?

Amelia - Hangover, huh?? Sounds like you and DH had a great night! I've never seen Bride Wars. I'm always looking for good movies to rent. I'll have to check it out. During my commute in & out of NYC today I watched Doubt with Meryl Streep. It was really good. Bummer on the apartment. I'm sure you guys will find a place soon that is just as nice.

Iris - I picked up oatmeal at the grocery store over the weekend. Looking forward to trying the baked oatmeal this weekend. LOL @ you changing your wo based on your outfit! If only all our decisions could be so easy!

Deb - Uuuughhh, I am not looking forward to this snow storm! I guess we are overdue for it though. **Sigh!!** Hope Simba has an easier night.

Helene - How is DS feeling? I will be happy when flu season is over. While we got the girls the regular flu shot, we opted out on the H1N1 and it is always at the back of my mind. Were you able to get your wo in? I totally empathize wtih you. Although I stayed in all weekend, I wasn't even able to get all of the laundry done:(. Sometimes I really feel like the hamster on the never-stopping wheel.

Cookie - Waving back atcha:p LOL at DH! Those plyo moves scare me, too! Wonder if the extra high jumps is what has you so tired??

So, tomorrow AM I am planning to do MM, but may change my mind. Maybe I'll pick based on my outfit:eek: Oh, almost forgot, I did a WI on saturday...up 2 lbs :( I got back on the scale on Sunday and I was down 2 lbs. What's up with that? Is that normal? I've never weighed myself this much so I don't know if that is typical? I may hold off on getting on the scale until the end of the month. And probably then I will change the battery just in case.

Hi girls,

I ran on the TM and did part of CC 6. I didn't get around to doing STS today so tomorrow it is. We have another court date early tomorrow morning and running to work after so not sure when I can check in.

Lori - Maybe they will change the restaurant, especially since the friend stayed at your house:) Simba is 13 1/2 and we were wishing she would go peacefully in her sleep . . . but not sure if that's going to happen. I'm going to see how the next few days go and call the vet.

Amelia - I could never understand why people are so strict about pets in rentals sometimes they are cleaner than people.

Cookie - The boys didn't stop in but came home early and ate the leftovers. The chicken wings were so good. I do think STS is very tiring, not sure why. I hope your rest week is soon:)

Good night everyone:)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.