Commit to get fit and lean for Feb. 5, 2009

bayerngirl

Cathlete
Good morning girls,

Today is cardio! My entire body is sore, lol!

I am a little freaked out with my 1RM, those numbers are way to high! On dead lifts my 1RM is 115, hallo! Lifting 70/80 lb. already hurts my back! I would break my back in two!Or front squats I use a 45# BB, my 1RM is 65? This is tough with a 45# BB! For BB curls I use a 45#, my I RM is 65#, no way I get that BB up! My 1RM for flies is 40#, no way I can lift two 40lb. DB??I am really pushing it the last few weeks, I notice I went up in weight the last few weeks; my body needs time to get used to those weights! LOL! I am really beat after lifting so heavy. Not sure if this is normal? I guess what I am trying to say, those # are freaking me out! I even talked to my husband about it, he thinks I should relax, go figure! LOL!

What do you think about STS?

Hi to everyone that follows!

Belinda-i would ask Cathe about your #'s. don't want an injury.

Well,im not walking normal due to my sore calves and handstrings:confused: I don't think Imax2 helped any yesterday either,but it was fun. Today is suppose to be a circuit...will see. Ive got LIC in mind,maybe C&W. My DH will be asleep for most of the day so i don't want to wake him up with all my racket in the living room:rolleyes:

MAN,i can't wait unitil spring...i can go to a local park and run...they have such a beautiful landscape there. My DS can play in the playground that is in the middle of the path-in eye's view.

bbl

Good Morning girls,

I'm going to spin to the gym and go to work afterwards.

Belinda - I know what you mean about the 1RM's. I'm confused because my weights are coming out a lot higher than I use. I think I am going to adjust weight with each workout and exercise. Basically use the 1RM as a reference or starting point . . . I don't want to get hurt:)

Amelia - Great news about your husband getting a job. I'm so happy for you!!!

Trish - You're doing really good with your 1RM's. I do Yoga occasionally, ideally I would love to incorporate it into my weekly routine.

Lori - Happy to hear you still were able to workout yesterday.

Hi to everyone else BBL

Hi
Good morning.I will take a quick walk and tone today.It's been just too cold to walk outside any more.I can't wait untill spring to go for walks ang jogs again too.I love to jog outside.I am going to in a few weeks order about 2 of Cathe's easier low impact work outs to work my way up again.I haven't been doing alot of aerobics.I do tone alot though.I will probably just have to start off with Gay Gaspers Fat burning for dummies for about 3 weeks or so untill I get Cathe's tapes.That's always been a great workout for me to ease back into aerobics again.Have a great day.

suzanne

Good Afternoon!

I went to post earlier, almost finished it and DS unplugged the computer on me:mad: I haven't been able to get back here since!:confused:

Belinda** I would say, lift what you can lift without killing yourself:eek::D Although i haven't totally read everything on STS yet b/c I didn't think I was going to get it. Now I need to read to see what I have gotten myself in to:eek:

Ameila** What are handstrings and how did you hurt them? Did you mean hamstrings by any chance?:eek::p Happy to hear DH got a job, that my be a big relief! How many hours is he getting and is it permanent?

Deb** Hope you had a good workout. Enjoy work today!

Suzanne** I can't wait for spring either but its so far away! We are getting a snow storm today:( 20-30 cms of snow! ugh! Maybe it will be to stormy to go to work tonight!:rolleyes:

I was thinking if it were a little warmer outside (before the storm started) I could have ran outside today but thats not going to happen now. So now I need another plan. I like running on the TM cause I start out at 5.8, which is my warmup but it feels like i started my workout right from the first sec. When i do a step workout, i have to warm up first. I may also do the weight workout that I am suppose to do tomorrow cause I may be short on time tomorrow.

I will bbl to report my workout. I put DS down for a nap, hopefully he will take one today! If not, DD is home from school and she can watch him for a little while.

Lori:)

Hi girls,

I am late reporting my workout! Went to the gym around 4:30 p.m.;) First they didn't had any locks for the lockers:rolleyes: Need to bring one next time! I did ended up doing 40 min. interval run (my ipod wouldn't work either), I ran 3 miles and burned 447 cal. My HR went up today, maybe because I was mad,Oh, boy my legs are tight! Came home and did the extended stretch form STS legs! That felt good! I didn't push myself hard enough without my iTreads:mad: I also added hillls, even a 6 % incline:p

BBL!

Hi girls,

very quick!

Amelia** WTG, on your DOMS! I am also waking kind funny last few days, LOL! I am not used to running and boy do I feel my legs! Great job with your workout today, girl! Winter is way to long, isn’t it? Can’t wait for spring either!

Debbie** have fun with your spin class today! As far as my 1RM, I wait and see what happens!

Suzanne** Cathe has a few beginner DVD’s, check out her website! They all fun, even the beginner once! Like Basic Step, Low Impact Step and Body fusion! Enjoy your walk!

Lori** I agree! I lift what I can! Who knows maybe I will be lifting all that weight in a few month, ROFLMAO! I ran twice this week, that is an accomplishment for me! Have fun with your run and weight training! I hope your DS isn’t unplugging the computer again. Lol!

Back to report, then hit the shower. I can't believe how bad my typing is getting. I have to keep going back and fixing my mistakes:mad:
I ended up doing PS& PUB Shoulders and Back, that means I only have Bics left to do:) I worked my shoulders really hard, using 8,10,12's for the Pyramids. I use to use 5,5,8....look what FF has done to me:rolleyes: I also did Imax Extreme but only 2 seg, which was little over 30 mins. Thats long enough, cause I need to get a shower and get supper on the G-O!

Belinda** Good job with your run! Nothing worse then things not working out right. When I run now, I just turn on the t.v and go to a channel that has music on it. That way I don't have to go looking for the Ipod and skip through songs. Oh not to mention that we need new earphones. I think DD is hard on those things!

BBL!
Lori:)

LMAO Lori, I ment hamstrings.....and there still sore,so are my calves:mad: I hate working out with sore muscle. WTG on the increase in your shoulders weights...5,5,8 is what i use now. DH is working full time through a temp service,so he's not hired until his probation period is over in 12weeks, then the company will hire him as a full time employee.

Hey to everybody...just skipping by:eek: I will bbl after my workout is done. I think ive almost decided on cardio and weights...

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.