Commit to get fit and lean for Feb 16, 2010

Good Morning!:)

Up early to get my workout in but not without company:mad: DS woke up while I was headed down stairs. I checked on him just before this and he was sound asleep....or so I thought.

Todays workout is gonna be abs and cardio. Im not sure if I will do a straight run on the TM or get off and do 40/20.

Belinda** Enjoy your workout and your appt!

Deb** How is your DOMS today? My UB is still very sore from all the weights. Legs again tomorrow....its never ending!:confused::) In a good way though. Nice purchases yesterday! DS has 4 b-day parties this weekend!:confused: So if I am spending any money...its on someone elses kids! I am working all weekend though and will only be able to make it to one. Its very unlikely that DH will be taking him to all 4 parties!

BBL!
Lori:)

Morning, today's workout is 4ds Legs then some much needed yoga, think i will do that easier Rodney yee one;).

bbl

'Morning!
Belinda,hope you had a good wo and great pt appt. Still with the guy who hits all the right spots?
Lori, it is hard to be assertive for oneself! My dh would never have done 4 birthday parties! Maybe he did that many total over all the years for all the kids!
Amelia, it is a yoga day for me also. I have handwts and like them, but mine are black not pink.
Iris, soooooo?
Deb, my shoulder is doing better. The last few months I've noticed my front part of the shoulder, the deltoid are is particularly sore and that's different than it has been. Should probably get it evaluated again, but I've already had all the cortisone shots I can have, do a lot of stretching, so not sure what else can be done. Yuck on your dh dinner! One of my ds husband hunts and she eats venison and likes it. Or so she says.
Helene, did you get to rest last night or was it a wo?
Trish, how much snow are you getting?
Okay, off to work. They just said 2-5 inches of snow by early afternoon, so I better get into to work now.
Cookie

Grrrrr....I just lost my post!! :mad:

Well Good Morning Ladies (again)...lol

Today I will do Athletic Step and No Equipment Abs....My mom doesn't have an appt. until 11:30 but with this snow and dad being off she didn't want me running out, but we'll see, because it hasn't even started yet! I really need to get to the market today too......plus rehearsal tonight....and I need to study. :confused:
Work was busy for the first half last night, DG stopped in late, but didn't want to be at the bar so sat by himself at a table :rolleyes:. But he stayed so long that I ended up closing when he was leaving, so he walked me out, and I just said thanks see you Wednesday! lol

Belinda- Have a great workout today!! When do you find out the results of all your tests? I do like hearing everyone's interpretation of the DG situation. Believe it or not, you girls are the only one's I talk to about it, it's why I dump it all here.

Amelia- Why did I think you weren't that into yoga?? Or maybe it was the P90 X you weren't that into.........?

Lori- Well that's good that you got some clarification before signing those papers. I hope it all works out for you! When is this all going down? Did you find out about your dental too? Yeah it's a good thing we dont' hang out, I think we'd be one crazy hell of team! :eek:

Trish- Where you be?

Deb- Ohhhh I love Kohl's! Glad you got to get on a bike yesterday! Trying to keep the upper hand with DG is taxing......lol

Cookie- Whaddya mean, soooooo? LOL Nice workout yesterday! I feel like such a slacker. I dont' know how you managed CCC cardio after doing those legs!? Tell me your secret. And I dont' know about DG....he hangs around enough, but it's not like I see him, or that he CALLS...lol I'm just going to continue to play it cool.....because that's what I do. Where is Honest Weight?

Helene- I want to make sure I say your name right before I call you!! LOL It's not like Helen....the e is elongated right? Just want to clarify, because I'm the worst with names! Did you get your workout in? G is "his" initial.....=)

BBL!

workout done. 4ds legs was fun. Only burned 222 in 56mins but half of it was yoga, i decided to do the A.M Rodney yee twist instead of power yoga...it was nice and relaxing.

Cookie-Have a good day at work today, stay warm!

Iris-Have a great workout today. I wasn't really into yoga until recently. I tried it years ago and didn't like it all...but now ive learned to enjoy the relaxation and 'challenge' of the poses. As for p90x i have yet but don't really do anything but the yoga:eek:

Lori-4 birthday parties...wow! Have a good workout...

Belinda-Have fun at the gym.

bbl

Last edited:
Morning Chicas!!

I started my FF rotation yesterday with MM UB Only premix. I decided to sub Cathe's circuit wos with a circuit class @ the gym so I had to change the order of some of wos. This is the class I really like where the instructor sings to us:) I'll be doing that during lunch today. I brought my hrm so I can see just how many cals I'm burning;) My eating has been really good the last week but I'm starting to feel a little hungrier more often than normal. Maybe it's the workouts, not sure, but I'm not ready to up cals just yet.

Belinda - What are you doing at the gym today? Enjoy PT!

Lori - I dread going to the mailbox not because of bills, but because of birthday invitations!! LOL! Oh my, 4 in one weekend?? Now, that's a record! Enjoy your wo today.

Cookie - Not much snow here. I think we may have gotten an inch or two overnight, but in the city it's turned mostly to rain so, of course, nothing is sticking. What yoga are you doing these days?

Iris - Here I be:cool: LOL!! So...."see you Wednesday"??!!? What'd I miss?? I take it you weren't alone on V-Day?? I'll have to read old posts and catch up! Have a good wo.

Hellos to Helene & Deb! BBL.

Trish-A singing instructor,sounds pretty neat. enjoy your rotation...

ive been lazy on posting meals so here is todays and yesterday

Yesterday
b-coffee,toast,grits,eggs
L-pbj sandwich + banana
S-greek ygurt,1/2 serv of cheese, 5 ww crackers
D-subway,6inch sub with TONS of veggies and brown mustard

Today
B-coffee,toast,grits,eggs
L-other half of my subway sub + banana
S-greek yogurt,5crackers + turkey
D-4oz lean pork chop,steamed cauliflour+broccoli,baked potato,light frozen pop

Last edited:
Hi Amelia - I forgot to post my eats for yesterday, too. Here it is...

M1 - 1 c. fiber one honey clusters with 1/2 c. skim milk
M2 - 1 c. whole weat spaghetti w/approx. 1 c. spaghetti sauce with ground turkey
M3 - 90 cal granola bar; orange
M4 - 1 slice ezekial multi grain with 1 tbsp pb & 1/2 sweet potato
M5 - Handful of grapes & 1 piece dark chocolate

Hi girls,

I went to the gym to take kickboxing still have DOMS in my legs:confused: I'm leaving for work in a few minutes, going to any easy store/mall today:) My eating hasn't been good today just tea & hitting the pb jar:mad:

Looks like figure skating is on the Olympics tonight. So I'm :eek: to say it's my favorite especially since I'm a Cathlete.

Belinda - You haven't been getting massages lately . . . thinking I would love one today:)

Lori - If you have 4 parties now imagine when DS starts school:eek: Are they house parties or at places like Chucky Cheese (if they even have them in Canada:))?

Amelia - Good eats:) I may do a short yoga when I get home tonight.

Trish - We're actually getting a few inches here our driveway is a mess, the streets not so bad:) I hate missing a class when I have a favorite instructor.

Cookie - How is your new car in the snow?

Helene - How are you?

Iris - I almost forgot about you, you have a busy day today:) I still think DG is masking his true feelings otherwise he wouldn't come around.

Off to work . . . finally:)

Have a great day everyone:)

Last edited:
Just a quick check in! I am finally done with my workout! I couldn't get a TC:confused: so I ended up on the TM:eek: I did CCV1, went 3.50 miles! DH wasn't done with his workout, I jumped on the TC for another mile. I will be back with personals and posting my eats!

Hello,

Well this week is one of those crazy weeks with the crazy thrusday night meeting. So I'll be short on posts this week and trying to get all work done. :confused: I'll just check in to stay accountable.

Woke up early but couldn't work out this morning. Trying to change plane tickets for parents who aren't getting along with SIL it sounds like :( Oh well. Rest day yesterday :D and the best eating I've had in a while. I am trying to eat in small tupperwares. Seeing all your food posts make me realize I really eat too much. From reading them I can't even see how you guys reach 1000 calories :p

OK, back to work.....

Iris: you can call me anything you want (believe me I've heard it all :p). Probably closest is Ellen since the "H" is silent. Can't wait for Friday. I so need to unwind by then usually!

Have a great day everyone. And keep those great workouts and clean eats coming!

Hi again ladies.....

Home from hospital and marketing....now going to do some studying. Finished AS and No Equip Abs...forgot to wear HRM...oh well.

Eats for today?...hmmm

Breakfast 1- Applesauce Pumpkin Muffin w/ fat free cream cheese....
Breakfast 2- Porridge
Snack-Banana and Lara Bar
Lunch- Salmon in a can (w/ low fat mayo) on Ezekiel bread (w/ one slice fat free cheese)
Dinner (possibly)- Whole wheat penne w/ grilled chix mixed in and organic garlic tomato sauce.
Before I go to bed- Who knows!

Helene- I sent you a pm!
Deb- I frequently hit the pb jar....it's oh so stinkin' good! As far as DG goes.....the cynical part of me that knows him feels like he might be setting me up for a fall....but what he doesn't know is that I know this about him already, and I'm ready.....right now he knows I can take it or leave it, THAT is why he comes around...but who knows, I might be wrong....

Trish and amelia- Nice eats!! I'd be one hungry beeoochh on that, though. I'm with Helene, dont' see how you reach 1000 cals!

Ok off to hit the books. But wait, so there's this guy...we'll call him DJ..LOL He is the main maintenance guy here where I live, and he's so funny! He's always bustin' my stones, but today they were out clearing the parking lots so I parked on the main road and carried my groceries (cause they hadn't hit my lot yet)...Well he must have seen it because he drove across just in time to meet me and unlock my door for me because my hands were full. :eek::D I kinda like this guy, too....HAHA.

Hallo again,

Helene, hope you get your workout in today. Sorry, about your hetic week, do what you can.

Debbie, nice going on the KB workout today. Leave the PB alone, you hear me?

Trish, nice job on your eats! If you hungry, up your cal a little bit! Enjoy FF's rotation. They will get you good!

Amelia, you still got a nice workout! Yesterday I only burned 223 cal in 70 min, I think my HR is going nuts:p There is no way I burn that little with STS! Rodney Yee power yoga is a tough one, have you tried it yet?

Lori, that's a lot of parties:p enjoy your workout today.

Iris, you have a lot going on today. If you need to talk, we are here for you;) WTG, on AS and ab workout today.

Cookie, yeap! Still the same guy! I had so many doc appointment this month, had to cancel a lot of PT's! Glad to hear your shoulder is getting better.

Oh, I almost forgot I worked my abs too today!

Have a great day!

'Evening!
Belinda, enjoy that massage! How are things going with your sinusitis? What kind of results are you seeing from your workouts?
Amelia, is that all you are eating? Geesh, I'd get cranky. Actually a lot of my eating is not from hunger; its mostly emotional. So knowing that you would think I would stop, right? Love your new photo!
Deb, would you stop sending snow up here? JK I drove my old wreck today 'cause of the weather prediction, and the new one sat in the driveway. The heater in it is amazing, but I'm used to how the old one handles snow and ice. But I like how much easier on my shoulder it is to drive automatic.
Iris, DJ sounds good too. Go for both. What are you doing with DG on Wednesday? Honest Weight is on Central, near the police station, and opposite Burger King and Security Supply (a plumbing company). I was wondering how your date on Val Day went with DG.
Helene, sorry it is Hell Week again for you. Worse is the family stress. I never like that.
Trish, are you really only eating 1,000 calories?!! That's crazy. Hope you're taking care of yourself. Oh, by the way, I don't want your snow. It is a mess out there.
Off to squeeze in a YogaFit dvd before the Olympics.
Cookie

Hi Girls!

Can't believe I am just getting to check in again!:mad: And its not b/c I was busy at work, its b/c my boss was there all day and wouldn't leave:confused: I thought I was going to lose my mind today. All he wanted to do was talk about the new owners and his part in all of it. Seriously, I can only listen to so much of this foolishness. He found out that the old man had no interest in buying his phone number or fax line...or customer list. I think every spot he thought he was going to make $ on isn't working out to well. He also found out that his meeting with them as been delayed. One minute he is saying that he isn't going to do the job for nothing and he wants to get paid BIG for it and then in the same sentence he will say that he will do it for free. He as been acting so weird...pacing...talking...laughing at things that aren't funny. So glad I am off tomorrow.

Todays workout was PH abs and another 5 miles on the TM. I was gonna do 40/20 but I was running out of time so I put it back on the shelf. I also think all of this jumping his playing a number on my knees! My right knee was hurting today.

Belinda** Nice workout! I wish DH and I went to the gym together. He as no interest in working out whatsoever. He plays hockey but thats not the same...hehe! Thats just asking for a heart attack when you aren't in shape. Actually, I am suprised no one has had one.

Ameila** Nice workout! Eating is looking good. Love your new pic!

Cookie** I love the skating as well...and its men:eek: all the more to loooove! They look like they are gliding! Its amazing. DH probably won't take DS to any of those parties and I can't blame him. He knows everyone but it will be all women.

Helene** Your parents and my parents sound the same with my SIL. Prob is my SIL lives next door to my parents so I think they end up ticking each other off from time to time and my SIL doesn't know when to bite her tongue. If she is in a bad mood, the whole world is gonna know about it and she has no trouble speaking her mind. Hope this week isn't to crazy for you!

Deb** 2 of the b-day parties are in the same place. They all rent a place, with toys and use of a kitchen. Mcds use to host parties but I don't think they do it anymore. I just opt to have it here and save my money. You still have to clean up wherever you go. Nice DOMS!

Iris** I think I like DJ to:D and I think DJ likes yooooooooou!:D You need to tell that loser, whatever you call it, see if you can strike a nerve:) I bet you will! Anyone who drops everything to unlock a door for you is worth looking in to. Would you go out on a date if he asked you? Seems like you mom is doing good!

Trish** I don't like bills either...I wonder which is worse, b-day parties or bills. I am also invited to a jewelry party on Thursday night but I don't think I will go. I have to many other things this week that are costing to much money and this jewelry isn't cheap!

O.k...gonna go watch this guy skate!

Lori:)

Evening ladies,

My class today was awesome! I burned 547 cals in 50 mins! So glad I did it although I've got ice on both knees right now:eek: oy!

Deb - By the time I got home DH had shoveled the driveway:rolleyes: Wonder how many more storms are in store before spring arrives:confused:

Belinda - Nice wo today! I had a big salad today which seemed to take care of my hunger! But, speaking of pb, it is my go to snack. I could never give it up! LOL!

Helene - I feel for you this week:( Hope you can get your wos in to help you balance. I shoot for 1500-1600 cals/day. It's pretty easy because I eat the same ol' foods all the time (you'll notice that sweet potato is in almost every dinner:p). I've actually committed myself to trying at least one new food or recipe each week. So far, it's been working out.

Iris - Nice job on your eats today!! The muffins sound deelish! What flavor lara bar do you eat? I used to eat luna bars for a while but switched to gnu bars (lower cals and higher fiber - I need all I can get:confused:). Woohoo!! DG has competition!! LOVE IT!!!

Cookie - Love your advice to Iris...Go for both!! I couldn't survive on 1000 cals...I'm a big girl! LOL!! This snow is never ending! Hope yogafit was fun for you.

Lori - Sounds like your boss is a little anxious about the situation. Hopefully he will calm down. Nice wo today! I don't know what you're going to do with all those parties!!

Oh, Amelia, love the avatar!!

My eats for the day:

M1 - 1 c fiber one; 1/2 c skim milk
M2 - 3/4 c 2% cottage cheese; 1 c grapes
M3 - Big salad with grilled chix/balsamic vinaigrette
M4 - TJ Non-fat greek plain yogurt/strawberries/blueberries/granola/honey
M5 - G4 oz. Ginger Salmon & 1/2 sweet potato (this was soooooo good)
M6 - I'm about to sneak downstairs for a piece of dark chocolate ;)

Talk to you tomorrow ladies.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.