Commit to get fit and lean for Feb 12, 2010

Good morning,

Belinda: Woohoo, great halfway point indeed. I will be doing disc 18 tomorrow. My legs are seriously sore from D17 yesterday. They were actually like jello most of the day yesterday. I love it!

Lori: Hope you got some sleep in. Your late nights would kill me. I think the problem is that the not having my sleep at the same time would really mess with me. I fall appart in the evenings most times I am so tired!

Amelia: So did LM come yet? I hope you get it soon. I think maybe I'll do that one this weekend. So many to chose from! I love it. Nice cardio and yoga in the meantime.

Iris: I'll PM you my phone number and we can touch base, I think that will be the easiest. I'll check with DH too so we can coordinate :p Next Friday would be good for me but I think you work doubles on Fridays.

Trish: I wish we had gotten a little bit of snow so at least we could go sledding. But no, just frozen stiff is all we get up here. We don't even get to 32 during the day most days. At least it's light out when I drive home. I made it to one (big) cup yesterday morning but I had two cups of decaf during the day at work. I need to drink more tea, but I love the warm coffee, especially in the winter.

Deb: So hard when pets get old. They really are part of the family. Though we don't have any now, with the two kids and the fact that we are never home with work it just wouldn't be nice. When my dog died, it was during finals when I was at college. My parents didn't tell me and I found out when I got home :(

Cookie: Hope all is well for you. When are you doing MIC?

Yesterday:
M1: greek yogurt, plum, Dr Kracker flat bread
M2: Indian Buffet :D:p:eek:
M3: 1/2 Orange (still not hungry)
M4: chicken wrap with lettuce salsa and peppers

No workout yet. I will try to go to the gym at lunch and get a CC in to change it up a bit. Have a great day everyone.

Good morning Helene and all who follow,

I am done with Disc 18:eek:

We having friends over for dinner tonight! BBL! Need to clean the house and get grocery!

ood Morning!:)

Happy to report that I didn't have to go to work in the wee hours of the morning:D I was so tired when I went to bed that I don't know if I would have been able to get up. We are just getting on the go now and its past 8:30! Love it!

I think DH are going out tonight for dinner instead of v-day night. Its just as well, its easier to go out tonight. My inlaws are taking DS for the night, I think...so another sleep in tomorrow morning!

Belinda** Enjoy your dinner tonight with friends! I love getting together with friends but having a little one makes it harder, unless we include him and then everyone else brings their kids and then they are gone by 8! LOL Good job with your workout!

Helene** Eats were good yesterday.It reminded me that I have to report mine! Have fun with your cc workout today....maybe I will do one as well:)

So yesterday I had:

B-2 slices of raisin toast
L-leftover rice and a little bit of meatloaf
S-little bit of ice cream and a cookie!:confused:
D-chicken breast, greek salad and a egg roll
S- went to visit a friend last night and I had some chips! Blah!
Todays workout is gonna be disc 14 and cardio.

Im going to read yesterdays thread to see what I missed!

Lori:):)
progress.gif

Good Morning Ladies

Rest day today.....:) But I will sit here and get my STS cards ready for the next 2 weeks. I know my body will be ready for a rest week by then. I feel like I haven't slept in days....... Work wasn't AS bad, but I had what I call a "legendary" bar last night......LOL. DG came in, not for long, but just long enough to ask what we're doing, that he's free tonight. :confused: I said, You must be joking right?.......He looked at me like I had five heads....*sigh*. I'm glad I'm booked all weekend. All I can' think about is studying for this exam, getting out of this job, and MOVING ON. But anyways.........

Belinda- great job on D 18 today! Have fun with your company and dinner tonight.

Lori- That's good you didn't have to work. I bet you are enjoying these couple of days. Have a nice dinner. ;)

Amelia- Nice workout yesterday. Did LM come?

Deb- Dang 15 inches....I can't believe we keep missing these storms! I'm sure karma will come to bite us in the a$$ in like April or something..lol Hope you got a workout in yesterday.

Helene- Next Friday sounds great, actually. It's thursday's that are my doubles.

Trish- Do they not have bands at the gym? So how is it that you actually do the standing portion of GS at the gym? Do you just load it on your phone?.......And yeah DG is messing with me head, except I know it, but he doesn't know that I know it. :rolleyes:

Have a great day ladies....BBL

Morning

Belinda-Awesome job on your workout today..congrats on getting halfway through STS,i know how important that is to you!!!!

Helened-What CC are you doing?

Iris-Enjoy your rest day!

Lori-where you guys going for Dinner? DH wants to take me to a steakhouse but i have mixed feelings about eating out right now...the last two weeks haven't been very consistent:(

OK, Low max came yesterday so guess what im doing today:eek: im glad i already know the choreograph so i can just dive right in.

bbl

Just had to say...... my legs got such DOMS from disc 17 I just took an aleve. I hope it works cause I'm hurting. :eek: Don't think I'll go run at lunch after all. I'll do something more tame tonight when I get home.

Helened-high fives on the doms...hope the meds works

lowmax combo only premix done along with some sara ivanhoe yoga...burned 400cals

bbl

Good morning girls,

The vet left alittle while ago. She gave Simba a B12 shot (should have asked for one for me:p) and took some blood work. The blood work will tell us about organ function. Mind you we do this all on my kitchen floor (crazy). She said if it's her kidneys . . . she could teach me how to extract fluids (dialysis), give needles etc. . . I don't think she realizes I didn't go to 8 yrs. of vet school:eek:

I'm going to do Disc 14 legs today. Later we are going to my Mom's to take her out for dinner and clean up any snow that is left. She spent 3 hours yesterday cleaning up snow:( From now on I need to get there sooner to help. My Mom is in good shape but she's turning 72 yrs. old soon and shouldn't be dealing with snow ugh!

Yesterday's meals:

B - Leftover baked oatmeal w/maple syrup
1 tbs. of sunflower pb
L - grilled chicken sandwich (Chick-a-fila)
S - 2 handfuls of pistachio nuts
D - small split pea soup
grilled veggie salad w/garlic bread (Did I have to have the bread:()
S - 2 mini reese's pb cups (V-day candy in a bowl on kitchen table):eek:

Belinda - Have fun at dinner tonight:) Wow, 1/2 way done!

Helene - I guess it's better your parents waited to tell you so you weren't stress for finals. I agree it's best to wait till you have the time to get a pet, they are a lot of work.

Lori - Enjoy your valentine's day dinner and sleep in tomorrow!

Iris - I'm wondering if DG is upset about you leaving the job. Enjoy your rest day.

Amelia - Have fun with Lowmax today:)

Trish - I'm done with this snow already:) There is this big boulder in our driveway all I have to do is add a head and I'll have a snowman:D

Cookie - Any plans this weekend? Hopefully no drop-ins:)

Have a great day:)

Hi Girls!

Not a big lot happening here. I am feeling kinda nappish...wouldn't it be lovely if I could have a nap? I use to take naps all the time before I had DS, especially in the winter time! So blah!

My workout today was 6.5 miles and disc 14. It was pretty good. I forgot how fast it went by. I am hoping for some DOMS tomorrow b/c I went heavy but I won't be suprised if I don't have any. I also just finished coloring my hair, I think it will be o.k. I hate going to dark this time of year but it sooo needed to be done.

Iris** So he hasn't asked you to do anything in the past few weeks and not he wants to know what your plans are? Are you kidding me? I hope you told him where to shove his plans:D I hope he realizes that you don't care what he does! Enjoy your rest day!

Ameila** Sometimes when I don't feel like eating out I choose something healthy on the menu. Im not sure what I am going to have tonight.

Helene** Woo Hoo on the DOMS!

Deb** Yeah really...I don't think I would be doing that to a dog or anything else. I hope I am cleaning up my own snow when I am your mothers age. Age is just a number...I bet my mom will be doing the same.

O.k...have to get DS's bag ready..nanny is coming to get him!!!:D:D

Lori:)

Morning Ladies,

I planned to sleep in this morning, but that didn't work out so well. I ended up getting up @ 5:30:(. I did pilate abs and during lunch I did PUB without the ab work. Felt a pretty good burn so hoping for DOMs tomorrow. I'm feeling a little extra room in my clothes today, but I still have a way to go to get back in my normal duds:confused: Why, oh why, did I eat so much over the holidays & vacay:mad:!!!

Belinda - Congrats on making it the 1/2-way point with STS!! Hope you have a nice evening with your friends!

Helene - I think I'd rather the frigid temps over the snow!! LOL! Do you add cream to your coffee? ^5s on the DOMs and your eats yesterday!

Lori - WTG on sleeping in late two days in a row!! DH & I will probably take the girls out for dinner tonight (they are all into V-Day since they have parties at school:rolleyes:) and maybe catch a movie on Sunday night. We have Monday off for President's day and I'm looking forward to sleeping in myself! Nice wos today, girl!

Iris - Nope, no bands at my gym. It's weird, too, because they have most of the other items...med balls, resistance balls, kettlebells. But no bands and no ankle weights...the two things I use the most! Yup, I load the workouts on my phone and listen to them at the gym. I usually take a quick look at the video on my commute in the morning just to make sure I know what I'm doing. Plus, Cathe gives great verbal pointers so it's hard to mess up. So, whatcha got going on this weekend?

Amelia - Nice cal burn today! What are your plans for the weekend?

Deb - Oh, wow, I hope you won't have to do all of that for Simba! Extract fluids, give needles...I guess the bigger question is will she let you???:eek: I could just see me getting my eyes scratched out if I tried that with my kitties. Oh yum! I love Chick-a-fila except, I never order the grilled chix!! We have a mountain or two ourselves and they say we're in for more on Monday:confused:

Cookie - Hope you're doing swell!!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.