COMMIT TO GET FIT & LEAN FOR AUGUST 7, 2010

bayerngirl

Cathlete
Good morning ladies,

My workout for today will be M2 D 21:D

Hi and Welcome, Andrea!

I have to go and pick up my new glasses in Bamberg today:D Not sure, if I get my workout in before or after!

Have a great weekend and workout, everyone!

Good Morning!

Had a good sleep last night. DH put DS to bed so I didn't do the usual cat nap,then stay up till midnight! I was hoping to do a longer run today b/c I have to be at work a certain time tomorrow but the dog is on me heels. I suppose he can handle it. The furthest he has ever went was 14 k....and I am leaning towards over 20...but we shall see what happens.

Belinda** Enjoy your workout. Who is Andrea? Im assuming that you copied and pasted or do we have another new member:eek:? Is DS gone back to the US?

Ameila and Helene** Nice workouts yesterday!

Iris** what about the date with the dude? How did that go?? Im looking forward to having this PT course done but I am thinking that it will be more of a side thing. If my income was just "extra" then I could probably quit work and go with the flow but my money helps pay the bills as well so that's a no go.

Cookie** No parties this weekend!:D Thank goodness! DH is taking DS to the beach today and his parents are gone away so there won't be any family gatherings either. Im willing to bet he will ask "what are we doing tonight"? It was actually nice to not do anything last night!

Deb** Was DH pissed?? LOL I would be getting antsy to, even though I am whining about being lazy right now!

Kristin** That is pretty cool that they have the same b-day but it must have been terrifying at the time. How long was he in the hospital for? I can only imagine how much that would have cost in the US. We don't "directly" pay for medical care. I am guessing its part of the taxes we lose out of our pay checks but we don't worry about $ when we go see the Dr. DS had pneumoina last year and we were there a full week.It was the most stressful week of my life!

Melissa** Men can lose weight so easily, it isn't fair. DH eats whatever he wants and barely weighs 140 lbs. I keep saying its gonna catch up to him but Im not sure! LOL

Kelly** when is the HM you are doing? Im doing a full in Toronto on Oct 17th. I did my 1st one in May month and it was pretty good. Finished it in 3:47. After it was over I thought I would do more b/c I enjoyed it and the training didn't bother me....but now you know how I am feeling about all of that! LOL

Trish** Did you catch some good z's last night?? What are your plans for the weekend?

O.k...I will bbl! Time to get moving!

Lori:)

Good Morning Ladies

Today will be Low Max 4-7, Stab. Ball Abs ( I miss making time for these core workouts!), and possibly a stretch max.
I'm didn't go to bed until 12:30, it's now 6:30, but I have a birthday party to go do for a cousin I'm not that close to, and there's things I need to get done....:confused:
So, work was ok last night, but I know I'll be dropping it in the fall once the gym picks up. Guess who stopped in last night?? Yep...DG. *sigh*. As it turns out, he's afraid of heights (LOL) which is why he backed out of parasailing....AND the reason he keeps losing my number? He doesn't save his contacts in his phone, because he doesn't know how. Says everything is in his head, and he forgets sometimes....lol The sad part is?? It's TRUE. Not one number in that dang phone of his...... So I walked him through , and he put me in as "Jerk"...:mad:
The date with DU?? It went fine, I guess. We were good friends back when we worked together, and we get along great now, but there just wasn't that "connection"....which is fine. I kind of knew I wasn't that into it going in...........

Belinda- Have you always worn glasses? Hope you have a great workout!

Lori- Hope your dog can keep up today! ;) I took a huge leap of faith quitting my job, and trust me, I'm still taking the hit, but it's not AS bad as I thought *still bad, though*, having one night @ otb helps, and a small salary from the gym helps as well as I build this up. However, I only have me to support and be responsible for! And it's not like I was leaving a job that gave me benefits!! So....are you planning on going to a club or studio? Or training out of your home?

Kristin- What an amazing story about your son. And sounds like a beautiful dress! So what color is it?

Helene- Glad you enjoyed PUB!!

Cookie- Well today is a family party.....which for some reason I'm not that thrilled about (which is unusual for me). Tomorrow I'm supposed to be going jet skiing in lake george with another cousin that I am close with, but don't know the where's or when's yet. How about you?? I had to laugh at your post about getting tired fo reading Lori's reports on her workouts......because that's kinda how I feel about you! LOL :p

Deb- Sorry you're feeling antsy. It seems like you have a lot going on during your recovery! Sheeeesh. :confused:

Ok....bbl

Good morning all,

Just waiting for DH to wake up so I can go do LM....

Belinda: Good morning :) I hope you have a good day. You are almost at the end of M2. Wow.

Iris: Wow there, who said I "enjoyed" PUB. LOL. You're too funny. I am truly puzzled as to why you gave DG your number ...... again.

Kristin: Hopefully when it dries out your computer will be fine. Especially if it's just water. If you've got an area of the house that is particularly dry you might put it there, just remove the casing. All your files should be fine. You can always get a USB enclosure and stick in it. That essentially turns your hard drive into an external drive and you can even keep it that way. Anyway, if you've got a friend that can help you you're set. Those are the best friends. Wow, what a story about your son's birth. I am glad that he is now a beautiful 5 year old. I am also interested in your friends eating plans if she is OK with you sharing :)

Deb: Wow, if you are feeling antsy now, you are going to be fit to be tied in another 5 weeks. Maybe we should schedule our group mine RT for when you are back in shape. Kind of a celebration. At least you are still busy. How long are you off of work?

Lori: Enjoy your run today. I don't remember how big your town is. But maybe you could also train people for marathons/running? That would be kind of cool but I guess if everyone runs at different pace that might be hard.

DS wants breakfast, I'll be back but I'm going to post this first. Wouldn't want to lose my post :eek:

I'm back..... part deux.....

Lori: Thinking of the will to run and potential run effect. Do you look forward to your runs more on the weekends? You know, it could also be just regular burnout from everything and trying to do it all. I know it happened to me last month.

Cookie: Safe driving. We'll try to come up with a nice new name for you while you're gone, but I'm not sure it's going to stick. What's your go to vegetable ? ;)

Trish: Nice workouts. Are they part of a rotation? I think this weekend we are going to go up to Lake George which is really pretty up here, take a boat ride and go to the beach on the lake. It should be a nice day for it. It's beautiful up there. But first we go to Home Depot every first saturday of the month so the kids can do the projects. That's always fun too. What do you have this weekend? Your vaca is soon too if I remember?

Melissa: Wow, 4DS for 12 weeks does sound long. It will be nice to see your progress though. Can you do all the pushups on your toes yet?

Kelly: Did you get all your workouts in yesterday? That was a busy schedule all right! I'm jealous that some of you get to leave early on Fridays. Now if only my workplace would decide to do that. What are the chances since I already put in close to 50hrs? Yep, close to none. Might even be negative chances if there was such a thing :p

Amelia: What are you up to today? How did your baby do going to school? Did you hug him in front of his friends when he got off the bus :p Have your tried the yoga shakti yet?

OK, I think I'm caught up. ;) Licia, Hope you are doing well!

Hi again....

Finished with LM Premix and Stretch max....Abs will have to wait until later...:(

Helene- You really want to know what my screwed up brain was thinking last night?? He's my "out".........other than THAT, I wasn't thinking. As much of a screwball as he is,......don't mind him calling me, he's entertaining at times...lol It's weeks like this I want to be an ostrich...... :confused:

BBL

Good morning all. I am hating having to ask to get on husband’s computer. He has been on all morning for work. It is such a habit of mine to go on with my coffee, I think I am a bit of an addict. I started getting really impatient and grouchy. I need my Internet, man. . .

On today’s agenda is CCC. My first time doing it. Cathe did a bit of it on the RT and I just knew I had to get it.

Amelia- How was his first day of school? Our school year is starting next month. We just bought my son a Yankee backpack. He is really excited.

Helene- it is in the garage right now. My husband it sure we can retrieve the files, but he thinks I need a new one because he claims it won’t work the same if at all. He loves to spend money and I love to not spend money. . . I will send you the eating plan too. I have the papers she gave me. I will try to scan them in. If not, I’ll have to type it up myself. As for my son, it was a very scary time, but like I said he is fine now. He is so hyped up about his party tomorrow, he woke me up at 7 to tell me his party is in 1 more day. We are having it at this place called Pump it Up. It has all these inflatables for the kids to jump, slide, climb on. It should be fun.

Pinny- (sorry don’t see your name anywhere and I have an awful memory, especially before the coffee kicks in)- The dress is black, which I was not sure about at first, but my mom said it is an evening wedding and so black is fine. She said so long as I am not the mother of the bride or groom wearing black is not making a statement, lol. Low Max is one of my favorites and I haven’t done it in a while. I’ll have to schedule it in next week.

Lori- I am and was very lucky to have really good health insurance. I thought about that at the time he was born. What if we didn’t have insurance? I worried about what the insurance would cover/would not cover. Luckily everything was pretty much covered.
I hope your dog can keep up, lol. He’ll probably be thinking, when is she gonna stop?

Okay ladies, the kids are calling. I’ll BBL hopefully on my own computer.

Kristin

Morning

Its so cloudy out this morning,ugh.

Its TOM for me, came a few days early. I was going to wait until after my weigh in on Sunday to do a full body (always up a lb after heavy lifting) but now i see no sense in putting it off. Today will be MIS.

Ugh, i was looking forward to my weigh in this week too...stinkin TOM:p it always ruins everything;)

ok, im going to try my best to do personals but i may miss some folks!!!

Belinda-Enjoy your workout today, yay on the new glasses!

Lori-Im crossing my fingers that your doggie can keep up with you today on your run. Im sure he/she loves them. The kids start back to school(both of them) on monday so im going to start walking my lab in the morning again...looking forward to it:)

Iris-Have fun with LM and your core workout today. Good news on your Mother. I have good news too on my car, DH fixed it Thursday:D a wire got loose and the hot engine had burned it so he fixed it and she's running great again.

Helene-Have a good workout with LM this morning. My DS had a great day yesterday. LOL, i don't think there was anyone on the bus when i hugged him goodbye. I wanted to take a picture but he said "mmmmoooommm,stop please':eek: of course after school the answers to all my questions about his day were one worded:rolleyes: he just wanted to eat and swim.lol I got Yoga Shatiki in the mail and tried to preview it but it wouldn't play:mad: i was so pissed, i called netflix and there suppose to be sending me another one so i will get back to you on it. I think were going to cancel netflix at the end of the month because there shipping is so slow. Nice job with PUB yesterday.

Cookie-What are you up too today?

Kristin-Have a good workout today with CCC! Your dress sounds lovely! DS had a great time yesterday at school! Im was so proud of him!

Debbie-When did the doctor say you could do more activity? Lots of things going on while your trying to get better.

Trish-Nice job on your doms yesterday! Have a good workout today!

Kelly-How was your run and weight work yesterday? Sounds like a busy day for you...hopefully today is a little more relaxing.

Melisa-I love 4DS KB its short and sweet. I know what you mean about Men and there super quick weight loss. My DH needs to lose about 30lbs and im sure it would only take him a month or two to do it, thats probably why he keeps putting it off.

Licia-Hows things? How is Cathe's nutrition program going?

Did i miss anyone?

bbl

Last edited:
Hello again.

Iris: You do crack me up. your "out". Too funny! I wonder how his ego would do with that. LOL.

Kristin: Oooooh, I remember the first time I did CCC. Do report your thoughts on it. They are bound to be painfully good :D Yeah, I need my internet fix as well. I get bent out of shape when my husband uses "my" computer. It's really ours but you know.......

Amelia: You know you can stream things on the computer or TV with a box on Netflix. We look at a ton of kids stuff that way. It's free with your subscription and there's no waiting that way. We have some wiggles, backyardigans etc on there for them. Too funny about no kids on the bus. Men lose weight too easily, do you know that on top of being bigger and being able to eat more because of that, they actually do have a metabolism that is about 15% faster than women's. So it's really easy for them to establish a calorie deficit and not reach starvation. Not fair indeed.

And the workout report: LM in its entirety done. Had a nice time. 611 calories. ;) Off to the shower. Have a great Saturday everyone!

Hi Girls!

Awesome run to report today. I enjoyed it...it wasn't torture!:D Maybe I am getting over my slump..or maybe Im just having a good day! LOL I didn't have anything to eat before I left so I had a energy gel..forced it down and it wasn't that bad.

We did 22 kms...which I am very happy with. The dog was really dragging near the end but he did good. Lucky for him, he gets to sleep the rest of the day away. I wonder what he is thinking when I am leaving for work? He may think Im crazy that Im not curled up in a ball outside, with my water bowl. If only I could be a dog for a few hours!

Helene** Good job with your workout. I am going to be working on my resume tonight. Maybe thats why I had a good workout? Only good can come of this I figure cause I really think I will get my raise in good time, especially if this think Im moving on.

Iris** DG...where does he fall from all the time? He just pops in out of nowhere. Just marry him and get it over with already!:p I am not sure what Im gonna do yet but I think my comfort level would be to work with someone one on one (not a group setting) and do it in my own home. I think going into it to fast maybe a bit risky AND anything that I make will be just a bonus b/c there will be no bills that need paying. I COULD build a bigger house and have something attached on the side....and work from there...oh...now the wheels are turning. To many houses in this town for sale right now. Its madness...madness I say!

Ameila** Boo on TTOM! Hate it! And it always comes so fast. Im always thinking "its been a month already" but time goes by so fast and unfortunatly that rolls around to fast. Are the kids getting excited about school?

Kristin** I have only done CCC once and I added a small run on to the end b/c I didn't think I had a good enough workout. I think its time to give it a whirl again.

I looked at the new dvds and they all sound good! I will probably order them...not sure about preordering them though. $70 is a good price!

BBL!

Morning all!! Well yesterday did not go as planned. I didn't get out of the office until almost 4pm. I then made a impromptu decision to get my hair cut - really cut as in they took off 7 inches. It feels weird right now but I know I'll get used to it. I ended up going home afterwards and cleaning and then went to bed early. No workouts - I really don't like unplanned rest days but it was so humid last night that I knew my run would be miserable.

Today I am still undecided on which workout to do. Either PUB or HST. I have a long run scheduled tomorrow so I need to decide if I want to rest my legs completely today or not. However a high step workout just sounds fun right now.

Helene & Pinny150 - Low Max is a great workout. I need to pull that one out one of these days.

Kristin - please post your thoughts about CCC. I have it but haven't done it yet. I have a little bit of a dread factor with it as everyone has said it's the hardest of the Shock Cardio series.

Amelia - it's gloomy here, too. It kind of puts a little gloom on the whole day. I really hope the sun comes out this afternoon. Hope you have a great workout!

Lori - I'm so glad you had a good run! That's fantastic!! What kind of gels do you use? I've only found one that doesn't make me gag.

Have a great day everyone! BBL to report my workout.

Kelly** Is it possible to buy gels that don't make you gag??:eek: ICK! I think it took me 3 swallows to get it all down and it wasn't to bad b/c it was pineapple flavor and it was the 1st time I had ever tried them. I ordered a box of 6 about a month ago and I haven't done any really long runs where I have needed them. I thought I should use one today b/c I hadn't eaten anything. I think it did the trick and if it didn't...it def tricked my mind!:eek: I will learn to master them:rolleyes: I love getting my hair cut but hate how it looks b/c my hair is curly and the shorter it is, the more out of control it is. Hope you have a good run tomorrow! I am the opposite of you. I don't like planned rest days....cause I will take a planned one and then later that week I may need another one for another reason:p

BBL!

Hi ladies!!!!

Lazy Saturday for me...well, not really. I got up at 8 and did LOADS of wash, then did HIIT Pyramid & Step Moves, took a shower, gave myself a MUCH needed pedicure, and now it's time to relax. AAAAAAAH lol!

Lori, I'm glad you busted out of the slump and got in a good run! Good for you! I tried taking my dog (he is a yellow lab) on runs with me but he is so annoying and doesn't stop running around to smell everything (we have a bike trail right down the street so I'm sure there are tons of interesting doggy smells there lol).

Helene, LOL @ doing pushups on my toes!! I can MAYBE get out 2 and then I have to drop to my knees. My upper body has no strength. That is one of my goals though: to do a full set of push ups on my toes.

Kristin, that sucks about your comp! I hope you can retrieve all your files. I spilled water on my old one and I was able to get everything back but unfortunately I did have to buy a new laptop. It's scary how much we rely on our computers, phones, etc! If I ever lost my phone I don't know what I would do. CCC is intense!! I love it though. Let us know what you think!!

Kelly, what type of hairstyle did you get? I wanna see pics! Getting your hair chopped off is scary at first but soooooo liberating and it's always good for a change of pace. My hairdresser helped me grown mine out for almost 2 years; it was down to the bottom of my chest. This summer I was so bored with it, I told her to cut it off. Let me tell you she was NOT happy about it but it turned out awesome! Now it's just under my chin and I love having short hair so much! I know I will get bored with it soon though. So it goes lol.

Hi girls,

I woke up feeling really good today:) I decided to walk (at a snail's pace) on the TM for 40 min. @ 1.2mph:eek: with my laptop attached. I'm sure I'll need a nap. I go see the Dr. on Tuesday, she told me I can walk so will ask her if I can go faster. My bodybugg is even moving at a snail's pace, didn't realize how active I was.

Belinda - I'm amazed at the really cool glasses they have out now. How much longer till DS leaves?

Lori - Was wondering how the dog would do . . . I'm coming back as a dog in my next life:)

Iris - It seems like your still so busy but glad your back and with DG stories too;) If he pisses you off next time you see him you can just remove your number before he leaves.

Amelia - It sounds like your son is happy about school. My older DS cried for a week:(

Cookie - Have fun on your vacation:)

Helene - You have a fun weekend planned. Do your visitors go with you too?

Trish - Beautiful day today:) Hopefully you'll get to relax.

Krisitin - We just went to a wedding where the whole bridal party wore black it actually looked really good.

Melissa - I was just thinking how I need a pedicure too:)

Kelly - Wow, 7 inches is a lot, Cookie told me that Lorraine (Cathe) cut her hair real short too and it looks great.

Have a great day:)

quick check in while i eat my ever-so-yummy NPB+jelly sandwich

MIS done!!!
2 loads of laundry Done/drying!!!
swimming and laying in the sun(now that its out:D) is next on the list!

I will catch up with everyone tomorrow:)

Im making that slow cooker BBQ pulled chicken for supper, mmmm can't wait! Having baked beans and a salad with it! Im also making the kids some fudge brownies. I will have a fudge pop;):D

later gators:cool:

Workout done!! I honestly can say I wouldn't have done it if I didn't feel like I needed to be accountable. Thanks ladies!!

My workout started way later than I had intended. I went to pick a few tomatoes from my garden and realized I had about a grocery sack to pick. So I canned some homemade Rotel and did several pints of pickled jalapenos at the same time. Not how my day was planned but that's okay!

I decided on PUB. I haven't done that one in awhile and wowsers...am I feeling it!! The ab section is tough (no pikes on the ball for me...yet) but the stretch is fantastic. I am going to note that and use it when I create my own workouts with the workout blender after it's released.

Lori - yep, you are right, all gels are icky. I guess they are a necessary evil. My hair is the opposite of yours - super straight and fine.

Meliffy18 - I will post pics once I can get it styled right. ;) It's cut at chin length in the front and then is stacked in the back. LOL at your growing your hair out. I did the same thing several years ago. It was in terrible shape and my stylist helping me nurse it and grow it out long and healthy. And then one day I got sick of it and had her cut it. Unlike with you though I think she liked chopping it off.

Punka274 - I'm coming over for dinner. I haven't even thought of what to make yet!

Okay, off to finish my protein shake and then shower. Will check back tomorrow!

Ok. . . totally got off track today. I still had to finish cleaning when my two year old took his nap, earlier than usual. When I started CCC he woke up, I finished the first cycle at least. Had a lot of running around to do for the party. Now that the kiddies are asleep, I have to wrap the presents and get some shut eye myself. Tomorrow was supposed to be my rest day, well, it will be my CCC day, lol. Oh, and in all the rushing around, I ate a big ol' hamburger and fries :eek:. So tomorrow won't be a complete cheat day. I'll behave for breakfast and try not to eat a lot of junk. Hard to do with birthday cake and bbq. Wish me luck ;)

Kristin

Late check in tonight ladies. I've been out of the house since 7 AM and didn't get to wo until 10:00 tonight:confused:. I did CC8 today (648 cals, 8 miles, 60 mins). It was just what I needed. Will catch up on personals tomorrow.

Night, night.

Good evening or good morning to me,

Lori - Andrea is in an nothrer forum. DS will leave in 2 weeks. Awesome job, with your 22K today.

Iris - so glad to hear from you, I was worried. I always worn glasses. Nice workouts, girl! Nice job on LM & SM today.

Helene - PUB is a lot of fun. Love the total body wo on that DVD too. Nice job, on LM today.

Kirsten - great stroy about your DS. WTG, on CCC today.!That's a tough one. Only Lori would add a run to CCC, LOL!

Debbie - wishing you a speedy recovery. Good job, on that walk today. Still take it easy, girl! BTW, I bought my glasses/frames in Costco and had glasses put in here in Germany.

Melissa - you doing a 12 weeks 4DS rotation, good for you. Are you doing your own rotation?

Cookie - vacation? Have fun! How long will you stay? Relax, girl:eek:

Amelia -glad you had fun with MIC, fun stuff!

Trish - I didn't get my workout in today until 10 PM. Glad you got CC8 in, that;s fantastic! Nice cal burn too!

High fives, ladies on your workouts today. You all rock:D

Good night! BB in the morning!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.