COMMIT TO GET FIT & LEAN FOR AUGUST 5, 2010

bayerngirl

Cathlete
Good morning,

Last night I did MMA Fusion + SC Circuit Blast " Cardio only"!

Today I will do M2 D20 Legs!

Have a great day and workout! I will try to catch up on personals! I am very busy lately:confused:

I am done with my workout + GS stretch! I am going to visit a friend in the hospital, after that I will post my workout!

My best to all.

Morning!
It is so hot, I couldn't sleep. That, plus I'm thinking of what I need/want to get done before leaving on vacation. Can not wait. Never did get a wo in yesterday and fell asleep at 8:30. Hmmm, maybe that has something to do with my waking up at 3.
Belinda, how do you like Fusion? It is one of my favorites. Never did it with that premix added on tho - you are tough. Some of the ab moves in fusion are challenging. No, actually all of them are.
Lori, did you get a raise yet? Challenge your boss to a raise and loser takes a paycut, winner gets a raise. We know who would win.
Trish, I could use a commission. I preordered both. Believe it or not I had a gc from last Christmas I hadn't used up so it came in handy. Are you still wo at the gym and at home?
Amelia, does your dd love shopping? Mine was born for it. You know she's adopted from China. Well, when we hit the airport in Hong Kong, that girl headed arms wide open to the shoe displays. She was born to be a capitalist.
Deb, is your mom there? Hope she is making you rest and forget about doing any chores. Maybe Melissa and Kristin can tell you about some tv shows they could recommend.
Helene, it was good to hear your voice yesterday. Sorry it didn't work out for this evening. My dh was very apologetic about it last night, so that was nice. While I may procrastinate with paperwork, he does with almost everything - hence the car not going in til today.
Melissa, do you have LowMax? A copy came with my new step, and I don't need it. If you want it, just pm your address, and I'll mail it to you. Ask Helene to tell you about her countdown calendar and challenges for all of us. It has been really good for me.
Kristin, when I first tried to increase my veggies, I think I started with red peppers. They also have a snap and are easy to eat whether like an apple or cut in strips. Now I'm always looking for a wide variety of color in my diet.
Okay, time to get moving. AS on my new step and skipping hiit as it is tooooo hot. Oh, the dh got the old step and naturally I have the newer one. He never said a word about the additional dumbbells either. Guess after all these years he realizes there are some things that are just not worth getting into a discussion about.
Cookie

Back again!
Belinda, decided after bugging you about doing abs, I had do some. So did 40/20 and wts & plts. OMG, I forgot how tough w&p is but do think doing hiit has increased my core strength 'cause I was able to do all the plate work.
Off to work.
Cookie

Morning ladies,

Belinda: Fusion and more?! Wow, you really are turning into a working out machine. How much longer is DS with you?

Deb: More healing vibes for you for today :) I hope you are almost there for the weekend. Outside MIL, is your family taking good care of you? And three whoopers is really gross......

Amelia: 20 days :D Yeah on being able to do the pre-order. Your DH sounds like a sweet guy. He seems to really understand how important working out is to you. So excited that the car is working! :eek:

Kristin: Yeah on Imax 2. It's tons on fun. So is Imax3 by the way ;) I was wondering if you were also tracking calories. Do you think it's the clean eating that got you over the last bit or did eating clean naturally lower the amount you were eating? I can't remember if you asked, but I am up by Albany but I am from France originally.

Trish: I like the downloads very much. I can't wait for the workout blender. I am going to be like a kid in a candy store. And I am not counting the days until the kids go back to school, I am counting down the days until my FIL and guest leave LOL.

Cookie: We will catch up when you get back. That vacation sounds like heaven. I am procrastinating taking my car in too by the way :eek: Nice ab work!

Melissa: Great idea making the picture from the RT the background on your computer. What are your fitness goal at the moment? I am just trying to get my workouts in at the moment. But it's challenging.

Iris: We miss you. Come out and play again? Hope you are doing well :)

Lori: There was someone looking for a check-in group. I mentioned our thread and your insatiable running :D Maybe she will join us as well. Other than the raise not coming, I hope your work is OK.

I hope I didn't miss anyone. If I did, a big hello!

OK, still no workout. I came home and my guests had not cleaned up in the kitchen. Took me an hour and a half. :mad: Seriously, I'm at work all day, they are at my home and they can't clean up after themselves?!

I AM GOING to the gym at lunch and that's that. I am reporting in and somebody please kick me if I haven't checked in with a workout by 2PM. OK, time to go to work.

Have a great day everyone :)

Good Morning!

Im checking in from DD's computer...no pop ups yet but it likes to go to another website when I am trying to get on the Cathe one....strange!

Took the kids to the playground and water part yesterday, by kinds I mean my nieces and my own. It was a good day.

Belinda** I hate it when things are rat racey....like they have been lately. Things have calmed down now until my sister gets home and then I will be on the go again.

Kristin** I also came home from the hospital in 2007 weighing alot more then I usually weighed so I know where you are coming from. I probably could have lost it on my own but I signed up for ww instead. Actually this group use to be called ww but then we realized that no one here was following ww's anymore! LOL Congrats on meeting your weightloss goals!

Deb** How are you feeling today? It always nice to have your mom...no matter how old we are:D

Ameila** So your gonna preorder! LOL And you THAT excited about it! hehe! I don't know if I have ever preordered anything.

Helene** I would be rotted if I had to come home and clean up after people. When are they leaving?;) Your house is JUST like mine. The door is always swinging. I swear if I charged I wouldnt have to work.

Trish** Do you still feel tired today? That was alot of sleep you had the night before. Holy! I don't know when I went to bed that early last. Maybe the night before my marathon.

Cookie** I am thinking getting up at 3 would make you want to sleep at 8 as well. Where are you going on vaca and for how long?

Melissa** I like my job but we recently were sold and my coworker and I have the same dutied but she makes more then I do. I gave them a bit of time to sort everything out but now its been 4 months already and she is still making over $3 more then me an hour. So I am doing a personnal trainers course on line and I keep looking for a new job. Even if they know I am looking for a new job might be enough to get a raise. The last time I asked what the status was he said "they are considering it" Im sure they are:mad:

Is that it? Seems like I am missing someone. Where as Iris disappeared to???? As anyone heard from her or did she check in when I didn't?

I will bbl to report my workout. It will probably be a shorter run and UB. I am suppose to do a long run this weekend and Im not quit sure how I am going to fit it in. It will probably be done early in the a.m before work and it won't be the distance I am suppose to do.

Lori:)

Hi all! On today’s agenda is Gym Styles: Back, Shoulders and Biceps. I am going to throw in some planks at the end. No cardio today. I am going dress shopping for my brother’s best friend’s wedding next week. This is a kid that I babysat and now he is getting married! Craziness.

Belinda- I love MMA Fusion and I have not done it in so long. I definitely will have to throw it in next week’s line-up. Those core drills rock!

Cookie- I’ll have to try the red peppers. Where are you going on vaca? We are going to Myrtle Beach in 10 days. I cannot wait! There seems to be so much to do there with little ones, I think my kids will have a blast, which means I will have a blast too. Have fun with AS today. For some reason, whenever I do it, I think it is going to be easy, I guess because it is shorter. Then as it goes on I feel like we are never going to get to the end, lol.

Melissa- Low Max is awesome! If you don’t have it, go for it.

Helene- I don’t have IMAX3, but that might be in my future ;). I actually have cousins not too far from you. They live in Saratoga. We visited them last year to see the races. It is so nice up there. As far as counting calories, I do not do that (although sometimes I’ll keep a running tally in my head). Eating clean most definitely did cut calories for me though. My friend told me I was eating too many bad carbs (bread- white, Italian, hero, pasta, cookies, popcorn, white rice) every day. So to continue to lose weight she put me on a regiment that helped. A typical day for me is- egg whites (1/2 cup to 2/3 cup) w/a little ketchup and 12 almonds, protein shake (skim milk, with one scoop of protein powder, banana or other fruit and ice, 2 rice cakes with natural peanut butter (1 ½ tablespoons), grilled chicken (about 4-6 oz.) sometimes with a little olive oil, then grilled chicken or steak (4-6 oz.) and veggies (either ½ potato and green beans, or squash, corn, asparagus). For dessert I used to eat a big bowl of popcorn thinking it has whole grains and hardly any calories, but she said it was still carbs, too many carbs, so I cut it out. Now I will have a glass of skim milk and one of those 60 calorie Jell-O puddings. They are really yummy and satisfying. I love the dark chocolate ones. I normally do have to eat something at night, especially after I workout and this does the trick. Hope that helps. Have fun at the gym!

Have a good day everyone! :D

I’ll check in later.
Kristin

Thanks Lori! Good for you for taking a personal trainer's course. My friend makes good money as a personal trainer on the side and she finds it so rewarding to help someone achieve their fitness goals.

Kristin

Last edited:
Morning, man my coffee is good

My rotation calls for a rest day today but i took one Monday so today im doing Body Fusion with heavier weights

Belinda-Have a good visit with your friend and wtg on your workout

Cookie-LOL at your DD running towards the shoe displays. How old is she again? My DD loves shopping, in particular purses(like me:confused:) Here lately she has been growing up so fast, she's very picky about how her hair looks. She has to brush it before we go anywhere and spray on her fruity body spray. Its really cute.

Helene-My big size 10 foot is ready for kicking;) How was your workout? My DH was pretty calm about the pre-order, he simple said " whatever you spend, I spend" LOL So i guess that means he will get him a new video game or something:p I don't care...i get to pre-order:eek:

Lori-Have a great run and UB workout today. Glad to hear you had a nice time at the park yesterday! LOL, yeah..im still pretty excited this morning about the pre-sale.

Kristine-Have a good workout today and I hope you find a nice dress. My DH's nephew (21) is a military cop right now and has a new born baby. I can remember watching him and his sister when DH and i first got married. It is crazziness:confused:

ok, I will bbl

Good morning ladies!!!

Cookie, the heat is killing me today too!! I heard it's going up to 90. Didn't even bother to dry my hair before work. By the time I got here, it poofed out anyway and I had a huge fro. This summer has been brutal. Also, I do have Low Max, it is a great workout!

Belinda, I loooooove MMA Fusion!! It is tough stuff, esp the part when you roll back and come up in a sumo squat. I love the turtle spins too :)

Kristin, I'm glad you like IMAX 2! That is a great workout. How hard are those genie hops?! Oh and I think it's in the last blast, but I also find those half squat turns to be killers. I second getting IMAX 3. That is really hard but the music is so awesome and the workout is so much fun!

Lori, good for you for asking for a raise! I was terrified to ask for one but I also found out that a coworker who does a lot less is making a lot more. My company has the reputation of firing people who ask for more money, but I didn't care and went out on a limb. I refuse to let people take advantage of me. I got the same speech: "We'll look into it." Hi that was back in Feb and still nothing. I am so tired of it. They also told me I should be thankful I have a job in this economy and threw more work on me! Also, when the economy 1st started tanking, my team got a 15% paycut. They told us they would review quarterly on whether we could recoup some $$ and if we were over budget we could. Yeah we have been over budget for 14 mos and they told us to stop asking about the money so it's doubtful we are even getting that back. It makes me so mad because I know we are being taken advantage of and the company is using the economy as an excuse. So needless to say I'm looking for a new job. It's tough out there though and there really isn't much :(

Helene, what is this countdown calendar and challenges that Cookie mentioned? I'm interested! My fitness goals right now are to eat clean and cut out sugar. My long term goals are to lose about 20 lbs and tone up. I also want more tone. I had a B&N gift card that I just used to buy the Eat Clean Recharged book and Tosca's Diet Companion. You can write down weekly short term goals in the companion so I thought that would be great for keeping me on track.

Last night I did 4DS Lower Impact Step w Shoulders/Core/Calves. My shoulders are having some serious DOMS today!! I am really loving these workouts! Tonight is 4DS Bootcamp/Bi's & Tri's.

Last edited:
Good morning girls,

I feel alittle better each day. Except for the fact I look 6mo. pregnant & my belly is a nice shade of black & blue:) I'm going to start walking on the TM when I'm in less pain.

My Mom's been helping a lot but she's getting mad because I have to follow her around:confused: with 3 men/boys in the house I'm used to doing everything:rolleyes: So, I talked my Mom into taking me to the food store for our big outing today:D

Belinda - Your zooming through STS. What are your plans after your done?

Cookie - Wow, 8:30PM to bed . . . I think your getting much needed sleep after Cathe kicked your butt last weekend:) So is DH as excited about the new workouts. I'm been watching a lot of Doctor shows:confused: and catching up on what I have on my DVR.

Helene - I hope you get to go to the gym at lunch . . . it helps so much with the stress. I wouldn't be too happy either if I came home to dishes around . . . maybe you should leave out paper plates or instructions on how to put dishes in the dishwasher:eek:

Lori - I wonder if your manager even told the new bosses about the raise. Is he still hanging around a lot or did it wear off? Have fun with your run today.

Kristin - In June we went to a wedding for the girl next door who used to babysit my boys who are now 19 & 21 so weird. Sounds like your friend is giving you good advice about eating it's nice to have someone there for you.

Amelia - So you did pre-order;) DH's don't realize but we do get a lot of use out of our Cathe's if you break it down it probably comes out to pennies a day.

Trish - Dr.'s orders are 6 weeks no lifting:mad: basically I can walk on the TM when I am pain free. The only good thing is I don't have an appetite. I forgot you took a Cathe class in NYC. At one point Cathe did say she may have a RT in NYC, not sure what happened.

Melissa - I went to CUNY schools back in the day. Lowmax is a good one if you don't have it.

Hi Iris & Licia.

Have a great day:)

Good afternoon all!! I'm new to this check-in. I was kind of looking around for one and Helene suggested this one so here I am!! I am headed home from work shortly but hope to do some personals tomorrow morning.

A little about myself - I'm in my 30's, work as an accountant and live in Iowa. I love, love, love Cathe's workouts and used them + running 3 years ago to lose 30 lbs. Unfortunately I have gained it all back. I just finished my first sprint triathlon and will be running a half marathon in 2.5 weeks (yikes!!) I'm trying to get myself on a schedule and am having a hard time so the first thing to go are my weight workouts. I'm trying to find a way to fit it all in!!

Evening Ladies,

No time to check in today. I'm trying to get a few things accomplished at work, so I'm limiting my internet time. Should be all wrapped up by tomorrow;) Today's wo was PS Chest & Triceps (3 sets). Surprisingly, I didn't feel a great burn on either chest or tris. Hope to have a little bit of DOMs tomorrow. So, I used my iphone for my wo today. I LOVE IT!! Really makes you wonder whether you need to buy a DVD again (I say this after pre-ordering downloads & DVDs yesterday:confused:). I think when I upgrade my phone I will definitely need the 32GB model.

Belinda - Nice job on your wo. Did you have a nice visit with your friend?

Cookie - I've put the gym on hold for now (and I'm catching hell at work!). I'm thinking about trying STS (again) in September so I will probably go back to the gym then just for the assisted pull up and lat pull down machines. Where are you headed on vacation? We are headed to TX on Thurssday for a family reunion. We'll be there for a week. The girls and I are so excited. If Melissa passes on LM, I'd love to take it off your hands. I had it on DVR but lost it when we cancelled it (we never watched anything we taped).

Helene - Now that I've joined the download crowd, I'm looking forward to the worout blender, too. Oh, that bugs me when adults (or near adults) don't help out with housework:mad:.

Lori - I feel a little more rested today, but still not fully recouped. Seems the older I get, the longer it takes to bounce back from sleep loss.

Kristin - How was GS today? Did you find a dress?

Amelia - My 8YO is a big shopper, too. We started her on an allowance a few months ago, so she gets to save and buy things herself.

Melissa - ^5s on the shoulder DOMs;) I'm hoping for some from my wo this morning.

Deb - So, how was the outing to the grocery store:)? 6 weeks will be gone before you know it;)

Beskinny - Hi and welcome to the check in! Congrats on completing your sprint triathlon! How are you preparing for your upcoming race? I'm 38, married with 3 girls. I've been doing Cathe about as long as you and love her wos. Nothing on the market that I've tried comes close.

Iris - I see you have taken on my lurker role;) Hope all is well!!

Licia - Pop in for a quick hello sometime.

I'm headed to bed by 9:30 today, so gotta jet!

Good evening,

I am having very bad sinus problems again. My head is hurting so bad for the last few days! Awww....... I hope I can finish M2? One more week, than I get a break!

Cookie- sorry, about the sleep. Can you sent some of that heat to Germany? LOL! I like Fusion and it was fun, you need to try to add the pemix! My DH will not say anything about my fitness stuff either. WTG, on your workout today plus abs! I still have trouble with the plate work!

Helene- son will leave on the around the 20the of this month. Time flies! Hope you had fun at the gym!

Kirsten - congrats on your weight loss! That's fantastic! I love the GS's workouts! Hope you had fun with it! Glad you like IMAX 2, that on is fun!

Lori - nice job on your run and UB workout today.

Melissa - I did had to modify on some of the moves, I have back problems. I did like the workout. Nice job, on 4DS LIS shoulder/core and calves today. Love the 4DS series.
How did you like BC?

Debbie - (((HUGS))) hope you feel better soon. Glad your mom is helping out. I looked at my calendar, I will be done with STS around Sep 26. I still haven't decited on my next rotation. I may play around with the 4DS's or CTX? Not sure, what I will do?

HI and Welcome, Beskinny! Congrats on completing your sprint triathlon! That is awesome!

Trish - I am sure you feel DOMS from your PS wo tomorrow. Yes, had a nice visit with my friend today.

Melissa, Kirsten & Beskinny! I am German! I was born & raised in Germany. My husband is in the US military, we met 27 years ago while he was stationed in Germany. We are still together! :eek:We live in Grafenwoehr, Germany (we are stationed here). I have to kids in collage(my DD is 24 and my son is 21).

Waving HI to Iris & Licia!

Good night, girls! See you all in the morning!

Last edited:

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.