Commit to get fit & lean for August 3, 2010

bayerngirl

Cathlete
Good morning,

I will do M2 D19 (chest, shoulder& triceps) today.
Oh, btw! I did worked my abs last night;)

Who is ordering Cathe's new DVD's? Are you getting the DVD's or downloads? Or both? Do I really need more DVD's:eek:?

Have a great day and workout!

Morning!
Belinda, you poor girl, you must be really suffering with your sinuses. Of course, you need the new ones. Did you see one is a total body sts? Now you know you love those heavy weights. Oh and another is an updated-type of Power Hour. Think you mentioned in the past you liked that. Plus, you'll be able to download them so you won't have to wait forever to get them across the Atlantic. I have a little left over on a giftcard from last Christmas so it is easier for me to say, hope you don't mind me encouraging you.
Lori, did you celebrate by running a marathon? What did you do for your big day?
Amelia, I got a new step and lowmax came with it, that's why I was asking. Your neice sounds adorable. Does her fearlessness come from you? OBX is the Outer Banks of North Carolina, and I cannot wait to get there. Look forward to it all year. Just reading and walking on the beach. Maybe even go in the water.
Helene, can't do lunch this week, but how about a light dinner on Thursday? Or maybe I can wiggle out of a Friday afternoon meeting so the two teens could do something. Nice with the doms.
Licia, are you still moving?
Deb, surprised you were already checking in, but then again you watch FitTV. You are amazing. I was exhausted when I got home on Sunday and all day yesterday. Must be have so chatty cause I was tired. Hey, it is an excuse and I'm sticking to it. How are you doing today?
Iris, missing you.
Melissa, thought you were gonna join us. Please do.
Kiristin, you too.
OK, dh wants to do PUB today so told him if we're doing it together it's this morning. So waiting for him to return from his run to do it. Last night at dinner he's complaining about making the kids's tuitions, and I'm thinking how I just bought more weights so I don't have to go lighter cause he keeps taking the ones I want. Oh well, he notice in a little bit, and I'm not gonna feel guilty.
OK, wo, work, eye appt, and visit my mom all on the agenda, so I better get going.
Cookie

Morning

I ended up taking a rest day yesterday, my Niece pretty much wore me out:confused: Besides, i skipped my last rest day and did yoga so I was due one.

The new workouts sound pretty exciting. I can't justify the expense right now though:( Not with all the bills rolling in with one income:confused:

Today is yesterdays workout, a Full body.

Belinda-Have a nice workout!

Cookie-Your trip to OBX sounds so lovely and relaxing!

i will bbl. I've got my workout to do, then laundry, some grocery shopping, then some school clothes shopping for the kids. They start back Monday!!! (and im secretly jumping for joy;))

Morning girls,

So, I never did finish my wo for chest and tris last night. We had such a time trying to get that sofa in, we practically tore the house up! You would think this is our first time ordering furniture...we completely forgot to measure the doorways and other areas. I felt like the keystone cops! Anyway, it's in and my shoulder is aching. Didn't get to bed until 2:00 AM. So, I skipped this morning's wo. I'm beat.

Belinda - I am leaning toward the DVDs + downloads. I always rip the dvds to my iphone so I'm not sure it's really worth it. The issue that I've had with this, though, is that it burns as a single chapter so I can never skip ahead or go back easily. I'm also thinking to buy Pure Strength (I don't own this one, but follow the wos from a post FF put up), CTX, CM, LM & SM (I lost the last 3 when we got rid of our DVR). I am so excited about the low impact option:D Nice job on getting in your abs last night. Enjoy today's wo.

Cookie - I hope Cathe is giving you a commission:p That was a great sales job. How are you feeling today? Back to normal? Enjoy those new weights;)

Amelia - YAY, back to school is almost here! My girls are excited, too. We are headed to TX next week, but will probably do some clothes shopping (and seeing what still fits from last year). Enjoy your wo!

Hello to Iris, Lori, Licia, Deb (how are you feeling today??), and Melissa & Kiristin (hope you join us:cool:)

BBL (I think I'm going to close my door and sneak in a nap!)

Here I am!!! I wasn't on the computer much yesterday; I took a PTO from work to recoup from the RT ;) Now it's back to the daily grind and the computer for 8 hrs...UGH lol.

I would love to preorder the new DVDs, but I'm kinda broke at the moment. Just threw down $600 on much needed tires for my car, so extras are tight this month. I'm not sure how the downloads work though; do you use them in your Ipod, computer, or both? Not sure if I would prefer those or the actual hard copies of the DVDs; I don't belong to a gym, so it's not like I would use them on my Ipod. I am very excited about the new workouts though!!

On the agenda tonight is the high impact step disc from 4DS. Not sure the schedule I'm gonna use for these tapes but I previewed them last night and they look like SO much fun!! I'm way excited about the premixes too; there are a LOT :)

Also, I must say that I've been totally inspired and motivated from the RT this weekend. It really was what I needed to get on track with my eating. My fitness goals are all set, but like I was telling Cookie & Kristin on Sunday, my eating is just all over the place. Yesterday I went to the store and revamped my entire fridge/pantry. Cookie, I copied your idea and bought some sugar snap peas to munch on. I've never had them before but they are delicious!!! I've also been wearing my Cathe motivational bands that I got at the RT to remind myself to eat healthier and stay on point.

Hi girls,

Yesterday was a better day for me then today:( I haven't been able to sleep and more pain then yesterday. I have been trying to walk around the house and do light chores. My Mom comes tomorrow and I'm sure she won't let me get up once, ugh!! She wanted to come sooner.

Belinda - The new DVD's/downloads sound great and Cookie is a good salesperson:) great job with STS today:)

Cookie - Are you and DH fighting over who gets the "new" step:p You'll have to get one of the kids to take a picture of the two of you working out together and send it to Cathe:)

Amelia - Maybe if a job comes your way you'll consider the new workouts:) but understand your reason.

Trish - Nothing is ever easy is it:confused: Even when I measure I can't get it right, but happy you were able to get the couch to fit. Enjoy your power nap;)

Lori - So, how was your birthday?

Helene - I still have to digest the post you wrote about harddrives a lot to absorb especially when my mind is not all there:D

Have a great day :)

Hi Melissa - Welcome to the check-in! I think we've all struggled with our eating. It is so tough to keep in check when there are so many temptations out there. Cleaning out your pantry/fridge is a good way to start and keep motivated. So, tell us about yourself. I'll start, I am a mother of 3 girls, 3, 8 & 22. My oldest is my stepdaughter. My DH refers to all of my exercise as 'jumping jacks'. Doesn't matter if it is a bench press or squat, it's jumping jacks:confused: I've been doing Cathe for about 4 years and love her workouts. I didn't order any of the HiiT DVDs because my high impact days are over, but since these will feature a low impact option, I'm going to preorder.

Deb - I swear, it seems like there is alway something. Sorry that you are feeling a little worse today. Are the pain meds helping? Maybe you need something stronger...like Jack Daniels:eek:

Sigh, I am counting down the minutes until I can escape. I'm so tuckered out. I just want to get under the sheets and snooze.

Hey girls, I got my workout done earlier...decided on supersets. I can feel that every so sweet after burn right now:D:D Love it!

Welcome to the check in Melissa! mmmm, love sugar snap pea's too. Oh that reminds me to pick some up today! Glad you joined us!

Trish-Hope you got your nap in!

Debbie-Thank goodness for moms! Glad to hear she coming to help. Sending you some hugs and some quick healing vibes.

ok. ive got to start on my third load of laundry then eat something. Have a great day girls:)

Joining in

Hey everyone! My name is Kristin. I met Cookie and Melissa at the RT and Cookie told us we should join this forum, so here I am.:D:D:D

Yesterday was a a rest day for me b/c after the road trip, I soooo needed one. I was planning on doing GS Chest and Tri's today, but I also bought Imax 2 and Cardio and Weights at the RT and was dying to try a new workout. So I ended up doing Cardio and Weights the cardio only premix and then chest and tris from gym styles. Can I just tell you, my pecs were shaking on and off by the time I got to the tricep part. I am thinking DOMS for sure tomorrow.

I ate whatever I wanted on the RT and so yesterday it was hard to go back to egg whites instead of eating a yummy bagel like they had at the hotel :(. Tonight's dinner is grilled chicken, 1/2 cup of green beans and 1/2 a potato.

Kristin

I forgot to mention I plan on buying the new dvd's. This will be my first time ever pre-ordering anything. They sound great. The music sample Cathe played for us at the road trip sounded great too. I think Intensity would have turned me off, but she said it would have a low impact premix, so I am sold.

Kristin

Good evening,

Hi and welcome, Kirsten! Why did Intensity turned you off? Was it the impact? WTG, on CW" cardio only premix" and GS Chest & tricpes today.

Amelia - awesome job, on SS today! Can't remember the last time I did that one!

Debbie - sending you lots of quick healing vibes! Glad your moms is coming and helping you out!

Trish - will you just get the new DVD's or both? I will order both!:eek: Sorry, you are feeling under the weather. Hope you get a brake soon. BTW, my eating isn't so clean these day's either:confused: I think the only thing that is helping me not to gain weigth, is all that heavy lifting:D How do you rip the Cathe's dvds to a iphone? Can I do that? What do I need. Sounds like you had a good workout, with moving stuff!

Meliffy18 - Hi and welcome:D Sounds like you had fun at the RT!

Lori - you are very quit these day's:eek: Hope you had a fun day yesterday.

Hope Iris is ok! Miss her!

My sinus is still messing with me! The weather here in Germany, is driving me nuts! And no! It's not normal! It's coudy and rainy! Sleepy weather. I could hardly move today!

Ok, that's it for me tonight! Sleep tight!

Cookie - you are a good sells person! I decited to get both and you? Funny, about the step! What's with the sugar snap peas?

Belinda, at the RT Cathe had said that with Intensity think Bootcamp, HiiT, all rolled into one and I just thought, I cannot do all that jumping in my living room, lol. The lower intensity or impact option made me feel better about it. Otherwise, I would have probably waited for the dvd to be completed to preview the clips and see what is on it ;) Definitely pre-ordering today!

Kristin

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.