Commit to get FIT & Lean for August 2014!

bayerngirl

Cathlete
Good morning,

Sorry for not checking in yesterday, we went to a Retirement Ceremony in DC. Stayed there until late afternoon. Had a great time catching up with old friends. Getting ready to do STS D30.

I will be back to catch up on personals.

Hey girls,

I am done with STS D30. Getting ready to pack up the RV, we are leaving today. I will check later from my iPhone or computer;)

Cookie - I'll pm you the address;)

Have a great Friday and workout, everyone. I will catch up on personals later.

'Morning!
Belinda, are you leaving for your rv vacation? How's your dh feeling? I'd appreciate the stylist info. Having visions of myself looking like Cruella DeVille otherwise!
Amelia, bet your darlings had fun on the rides. Do you also enjoy them? I'll be thinking and praying for your brother (and you!) on the 7th. He must be very anxious.
Kristin, technology is great but so frustrating when not working. I have to find an external hard drive for our desktop. Found out my dh has not been backing it up and he can't remember where the put the external I had used. It's starting to act slow and don't want it to crash w/all my brain inside of it.
Deb, hope everything is okay. Thinking of you.
A couple more episodes of 30 Rock. Going to meet friends for dinner this evening. Meanwhile, work and prepping for workshops before school starts.
Cookie

Hi,

Today I took a hot yoga class. It was packed!!! It is tough when so many people are sweating so close to each other:eek:

A few days before the RT I had went to the dermatologist to have them look at a mole on my face that someone said didn't look right. It was ok, but they didn't like one on my back & took a biopsy. I received the results yesterday & it was atypical which isn't bad now but has a good chance of turning into melonoma. So now they want to go in and make sure they remove the mole & margins surrounding it. The surgery is on Tuesday, they were really so nice to let me have it done before my vacation in October because I will have some restrictions on activity & working out for about 6 weeks:( So as a Cathlete you know how having restrictions on workout is;) I feel better today & whatever it is it is.

Belinda - Have fun on your vacation & check in & let us know all about it!!!!

Cookie - You must be leaving soon too so enjoy!!!

Waves hi to everyone:)

Goodnight:)

'Morning!
Belinda, safe travels and looking to hear about your vacation.
Deb, I'm thinking of you and praying for you. Good thing you went to check the other one checked. One of my brothers has had two rounds of it. We just didn't know about sunscreen when we were younger. Glad you should be recovered to enjoy your vacation.
Doing wts today once dh gets up and moving. He loves pub but I may try to get him to do a different up one. Would also like to get in a long walk w/dogs. Then it is cleaning, packing, and finishing up some projects. Tomorrow we leave for two weeks at the Outer Banks. We'll return late on the 17th, and I'll leave early on the 18th for DC, so have to also pack and plan for that. Yesterday my mom decided to come on vacay w/us, which will be nice. She has a lot of health issues and is good to spend time with her. Just a little anxious about the effect of the long car ride on her legs.
Waving hi to Amelia and Kristin. Have a good next workout.
Cookie

Hey guys. Sorry I was MIA yesterday. Had a lot going on, but did manage to get my workout in. I did Rockout Knockout, the first premix, I added 100 rep challenge triceps, and Xtrain bonus core #2. Today I got my workout in early. I did Cardio Supersets, the long premix with the bonus step added to the original workout. I forget how hard that one is, lol.

We are supposed to get family photos taken tomorrow by the water. I am hoping the weather clears up. Yesterday I was running around. DS had a baseball tournament at camp that I had to go to. I also had to get my hair colored and cut for the photos, and we went to the mall to get new shirts for the photos. We are wearing denim and black shirts.

I took Baxter to the doggy park. Since hearing about it, I have brought him there three times. He loves it. What I love is that he is sooooo tired at the end of the time there. He just lays around for hours after, lol. Perfect for me with his high energy dog.

Belinda- hope you are having a wonderful trip so far. Take lots of pictures!

Cookie- I am currently reading Half Broke Horses by Jeannette Walls. She wrote The Glass Castle. It is a novel about her extraordinary grandmother. Very good read. I am almost done with it.

Deb- Thank God you are catching this early. I know it must be tough to deal with, and I understand how you feel about having to "take it easy" for a few weeks after the procedure, but better to deal with it now that later, right?

Amelia- Good for you for getting your walks in and getting through this difficult time. Sending prayers your way.

Kristin

Hi,

Today I didn't get a workout in TTOM arrived 10 days early :rolleyes: and I was so tired. I also finished all my reports for work so tomorrow will be a better day.

Belinda - You must be on the road by now. I'm assuming your DH does all the driving? Have a great trip!!

Kristin - The photo sounds awesome, the weather cleared up here hoping it did by your too! I wish they had dog parks when my dog was around. Your right, I'm lucky they caught it early because it would have been much more complicated if they didn't. I have been reading alot & was surprised they want you to do monthly self checks if it runs in your family.

Cookie - Enjoy your vacation, wow lots to pack. Do you take the dogs? It's nice that your Mom is joining you. I was surprised when the nurse told me they are seeing skin cancer in lots of young people (teens). I just learned that SPF in make-up isn't enough & you must wear a sunscreen under it as well:confused:

Waves hi to everyone

Hey there! Just finished Lower Body Blast and STS abs, no equipment abs. My legs are toast.

We were supposed to get family photos taken today by the water, but the weather did not cooperate, so we are aiming for tomorrow. I'm not upset about the delay. Now I have time to get a mani/pedi for the pictures, lol.

Nothing else new to report. . .

Deb- DH and I never burn unless we are in the Caribbean or Florida. My boys get tan as well. I never use sunblock :confused: because I don't burn. I only use it on vacation when we go to Florida or tropical places. I guess we should all be using it regardless. I have a moisturizer that is SPF 15 that I use every day year round. I heard that young kids are getting it more often too.

Cookie- hope you are having a good start to your trip!

Waving hello to Belinda and Amelia. Belinda- I'm thinking of you doing STS in your RV. You are so dedicated!

Kristin

Hi,

Today I took a hot yoga class.

I think everyone is on vacation this week so it may only be Kristin, Amelia & me;)

Kristin - Lower body blast is a good one!! I need a pedicure too . . . it's so relaxing. I'm wondering if you don't have to worry because they are usually worried if you burn & have light eyes & hair:confused:

Waves hi to everyone . . . enjoy your vacations too!

'Afternoon!
Belinda, just imagined you working out while your dh is driving! I'm sure you wouldn't do that. Hope the trip is going well and sitting is not aggravating your dh's hips.
Kristin, I am in desperate need of a mani/pedi! Two of my sons and my dh are dark but I am a fanatic about making them wearing sunscreen. Just this morning my dh told her friend, just put it on or my mom will do it! I'd love to see the photos when they're done.
Deb, I'm so glad they found it early. Yes, a lot of 20-30 yrs olds are being found to have it. Wonder how many of them were into going to tanning salons. Rest up and I'll e be thinking of you tomorrow.
Amelia, how's your week going? When do your darlings start back to school.
Woke up super early yesterday and managed to get in a short workout before sitting forever in the car. Have managed to get in about 7 miles walking on the beach so far. Off to the grocery store for items.
Cookie

Hi everyone. Just finished Flextrain. I love that workout.

The weather is much nicer today. We did our family photo shoot by the water. I spent all this time doing my hair, not really thinking about how breezy and windy it is by the water, lol. My parents came too. My living room has bare walls. I am going to take a few of the best photos and get them framed and make one wall the family photo wall. I want to get a mirror for the other wall and eventually a big flat screen tv for the third wall. The tv will have to wait though, lol.

Cookie- lol about the sunblock. I will post pics once I get them :)

Debbie- One day I will try hot yoga. To me getting a pedicure is not relaxing at all because I am beyond ticklish. I laugh the entire time, no joke! It gets embarrassing, lol.

Waving hello to Belinda and Amelia!

Kristin

Hi,

Today I took a yoga class, did about 20 minutes of sprints on the track. I wanted to do Flex Train but decided to watch parts of it to see if I can modify in a few weeks LOL.

Belinda - I like Cookie's idea of you working out while DH is driving:eek:

Kristin - I love the idea of a photo wall. I bet the pictures came out good with the wind and your hair blowing . . . models pay big money for that. If the TV goes in our bedroom I want to get a hanging one. I wouldn't mind sitting next to you during your pedicure;)

Cookie - Great job on your beach walk, you went right to it!! Have a great vacation and thank you for your thoughts. Did you Mom end up going?

Amelia - What are you up to?

Waves hi to everyone

Hi,

It's so quiet here today;) I hope everyone is enjoying their vacations:cool: The procedure went well today.

We stopped by my inlaws house & my FIL was so unreasonable suddenly DH's family decides they are all moving to Florida & if they could would leave tomorrow. It is all they talk about. Our plan was to move in a couple of years, and now it's as if our houses burnt & we have to move immediately:confused: I need time to sort everything out both mentally & physically, I like to make educated decisions. Sorry just need to vent.

Kristin & Amelia - How was your day?

Waves hi to everyone

'Morning!
Deb, I'm so relieved to hear the procedure went well. I was thinking of you. I also like to think things thru and make a plan before action. You've got a lot going on physically and otherwise. It's hard to be your own best advocate tho. Are your sons also thinking of moving? Yes, Mom is here. She enjoys sitting on the porch watching the waves and keeping her eyes on folks. Lots of people watching. Saw dolphins this morning.
Belinda, hope the driving is going smoothly and you're having a great time. What sites are you seeing?
Amelia, thinking of you and your family. Will say extra prayers tomorrow. My mom is here, and she's the one we always have pray for things. At home she'd light candles but staying here, I don't want her near a match. Are you getting exercise in as a stress reducer?
Kristin, you'll look like a model and have your photos on display! How soon will you get the proofs back? Was Baxter in the photo shoot also? Read a Jennifer Weiner book - very light fluff, and am now into Corelli's Mandolin. It's really good, about a variety of characters in Greece during WW2. So far am liking it.
Did lots of 100s and more beach walking. Today we're going to see a couple of lighthouses. I have to be bossy and tell my mom she's looking but not climbing any. She would love to be able to and would try, when in reality it is way beyond her. So to save her pride, I have to be bossy. I've turned into her parent.
Cookie

Hi all. Yesterday was a rest day for me. I did walk Baxter in the morning for 40 minutes and I did some laps in the pool too. Today I did Intensity, the premix with step and lo Hiit. I added STS AC Stability ball abs.

I've been taking Baxter to the doggy park every day. He seems to really like it. The one problem seems to be huskies. We've encountered three different huskies and they all want to hump my dog. He does not like this and growls and goes after the huskies when they do this. I cannot blame him for that. I mean, they are "violating" him, right? I think he is beginning to have a husky complex though. We have met two nice huskies and right away he starts growling at them and it is not pleasant. I take him out when he does this. I guess I should not bring him in when huskies are around, :eek::confused:.

Anyway, today is DS's last baseball game with his in-house team. He is trying out for a travel team for fall on the 18th. I am nervous for him. He wants to try out, but he gets anxiety, and I'm afraid he might let it get the best of him. I cannot hold him back though. Winning and losing is a part of life.

Deb- glad the procedure went well. Try to focus on your recovery. Does everyone have to move at the same time? Can your in-laws go first and then you guys follow if and when you are ready? TBH, I would move to Florida if I could, just to have summer weather year round, lol. Where are they planning to move to?

Cookie- not sure when we will get the proofs. I am hoping by the end of the week :eek:. Cannot wait to see them. I feel like I am my mom's parent all the time. :(:eek: I know how that feels.

Ok bbl

Waving hello to Belinda and Amelia. Amelia- did your kids go back to school? We don't go back until Sept 2.

Kristin

Hi,

I went to work today & am going to bed real soon starting feeling so tired after cooking dinner. It's strange when I don't workout my appetite decreases so much.

Kristen - Wow can't believe you start school so early, I guess because Labor Day is so early this year. I hope your son gets into Fall ball. I rarely see Huskies around here, looks like Baxter is attracting them LOL. Great job with your workouts! My younger son has 2 more years of school, just wanted give him some time before we left. I also didn't want to just spring it on my older ds & Mom. My FIL wasn't very nice to me so it really has me thinking. I also took the time to explain some concerns my MIL had it seems like no one gives a sh*t about her feelings either. We would either buy or rent the condo (Clearwater beach) from my inlaws because they prefer a house.

Cookie - Your vacation sounds exciting someday would love to stay at a house on the beach at the Outerbanks. It seems like your Mom is having a really good time! My sons may someday come to FL but for a few years have obligations. One of the things that came up last night were the holidays it would be difficult not to be with my boys & Mom.

Waves hi to Belinda & Amelia

Hey everyone. Gorgeous day out today. I plan on enjoying the pool after this post. Today I did Circuit Blast. I've been eating clean all week, with one cheat meal and dessert so far and although I haven't gotten on the scale yet, I already see a difference in my stomach. Diet does do the trick I guess. Saturday is both DS and DH birthday so I am trying to stick to my guns until then and then I do not want to overdo it. I feel as though I am finally making progress. They are going to a Yankee game during the day and then that evening we will have some friends over, pizza, and I am baking a chocolate cake with whipped cream frosting from scratch. I also have not had any alcohol at all this whole week, which is hard to do in the summer, lol. I think it is making all the difference.

Took Baxter to the dog park again and met up with a friend at work., She had a German shepherd puppy, 8 mos old. They played very well together and now he is wiped out, lol.

Deb- it is hard to move like that when your son is still finishing school and your mom is still here. Do you mind if I ask why they want everyone to move down together at the same time?

Okay, need to get some pool time in. BBL

Kristin

Hi,

Today I walked on the Threadmill for 20 min. & did squeeze stronger DVD but only could do a few exercises (barre workout) for about 20 min. It was beautiful out today, wished I had gone to the beach:).

Belinda - You must be having a great time!

Kristen - Great job with eating now you won't feel bad about the birthdays! I feel a little better about my eating but your right alcohol does add calories & bloat. I need to find a low cal drink I would like.

My in-laws have always worked together & lived within a few miles from each other including us, Within a few months they are closing the business so they all want to stay close. They also think the cost of living will be less. My FIL will not move unless all his kids go & my ? was what about our children and his answer was they don't come around anyway & he needs his kids to take care of his wife if anything happens to him. They do come around but not every time actually my one son always comes around. He has just not been nice to me lately he has questioned me about 3xs on why I needed a car after 8 years, 2 of his daughters get a new car every 3 years. I take his wife foodshopping almost everyweek & he say's I'm spending his son's money (he has no clue how much I spend & I work!) & always questions if I cook or if we go out. His sisters made a comment about our 25th anniversary pictures costing my husband so much money meanwhile he is lending the company a lot of money for them. I did want to move to Florida but not lately how they have been treating me. I asked DH a few times to either stick up for me or back me up but he hasn't. Are you sorry you asked? LOL. It did feel good to get it out;)

Waves hi to Amelia & Cookie

Last edited:
Just finished a mix of workouts. I did X10 Hi/Lo and FB circuit premix. I added the bonus barre from lean legs and abs, and then the abs as well. We are having an early dinner/lunch and then taking the boys to Adventureland for the late afternoon/night. They have never been there. There are a lot of rides and games and things and it is not too expensive.

Tomorrow is DS and Dh's birthday. I am hoping DH is shocked by his gift. He is turning 40. I think I told you guys already, I got him Inside Experience at Yankee Stadium for the Sept. 6 game. He and Ds will get to get a tour of the stadium, meet a player and get autographs, be on the field for batting practice and have a special luncheon too. Hope he is surprised. DS might have let the cat out of the bag, lol.

Deb- Wow that is a tough situation to be in. Can't the sisters go first and then you guys go in two years? Why everyone all at once? I think your FIL has to understand your concerns about your own mother and your son. I'm sure you'll figure out what is best to do.

BBL

Kristin

Hi,

Today I did 30 min incline walk on treadmill. I also planted more herbs and moved some plants around. It was another beautiful day outside:)

Kristen - That is an awesome gift, you may have told us but not all the great details! I bet that will be the best gift ever. I liked your mix of workouts today. Last night couldn't remember which DVD had the bonus barre work, thanks!

Waves hi to Belinda, Ameila & Cookie

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.