COMMIT TO GET FIT & LEAN FOR AUG 27, 2010

bayerngirl

Cathlete
Good morning,

I am glad I will do UB (D27) today, I forgot to mentioned I have major DOMS in my hamstring/booty :p I am walking like a duck. I think this are the worst DOMS I ever had my my butt:confused:

Have a great workout and day. Today is Friday:D Any plans this weekend? BBL!

Last edited:
Good Morning Ladies

Today I'm torn between Upper Body or a circuit....hmmm....

Belinda- Do you have the "I can't sit down" DOMS? :eek: It's the "I've stood up and can't get back down" doms....LOL! Omg I just made that up I'm so funny.

Deb- So what time were you on the treadmill last night?? These time aren't EST.....never bothered to figure them out...lol. I almost forgot Helene was going on vacation...........:confused:

Amelia- Nice run!! :D My advice to you..........ask Lori.....hehe.

Melissa- I love both names.....so which did they decide on? I"m thinking about starting STS again this fall too......thinking the beginning of October. Who makes chocolate vodka???

So this weekend.....have a wedding tomorrow, and might be going to the track on Sunday....and who can forget laundry, grocery shopping, and work somewhere in there too..... BBL

Morning all,

Belinda: LOL at what Iris said. Nice DOMS.

Iris: You are too funny!!!!! I'm off this afternoon so now you will have to wait until I get back :p

Deb: Don't know the details, but usually DVDs that need decoding means they are for another region of the world. I decoded my player (not the DVD) which you are not supposed to but I have DVDs in French which are a diff region. If it's the computer, they let you go back and forth a few times (maybe 3) until they lock you out so I don't do it. I hope I understood what your problem is if not you can clarify it for me when I get back. If you do it, you can look for codes for your player on the internet, just make sure you set it for multi region otherwise you won't be able to play your US DVDs anymore :eek:

Sorry to everyone else about skipping your personnals! A big hello and have a great week :)

OK, got to go. 1/2 day of schmwork and freedom! It's been a crazy week. I'm ready to do a KCM 30 minute rotation the week I come back.

Good Morning!:)

I'm here:p! This week as not been a good one for "me" time and we all know how I feel about "ME f'ing time"!!!!:mad: I need it in order to function and do be a good person! LOL I don't think anyone really catches on to that though.

Wed night we went out for wings, I didn't eat much b/c I ate supper but I did have a massive drink which made me feel like a ate Thanksgiving day dinner. And I looked like it to! I just got snuggled away in bed, set my alarm for 6 so I could get a good run in before work and the phone rings. I have a flight at 5 a.m!:( (How come there is no crying face? I need a crying face!) :'( If I had known this earlier I could have went to bed earlier and started my day at 4:40! That wasn't possible cause it was midnight when he called. So I got up,did my flight, home again shortly after 6, doozed in and out until 9, back to work again, busy day, came home at 4, did a short workout, then out to supper with the girls! Just non stop and I was sooo tired!

Even little things happened that were ticking me off...like running partner coming over at dinner time with a list of hotels to stay at when we do the next mary. Really? Dinner time?? She as a list of each hotel and how far they are from the start line, finish line and anything else. Someone as a bit of time on their hands. AND my sister just called cause she needs a ride. SEE....no ME time! This is my ME time and its getting interupted! (crying face)

Anyway, tonight we are having a party here for our friend who is now off of house arrest and tomorrow night I am suppose to be going to a bachlorette party but I think Im gonna have to blow it off. Just to much for this home body.

This weekend I am doing a 32k run for the first time in forever. Im trying to wrap my head around it!

Im gonna go give my sister a ride and then I will return for personals!!

Lori:)

LOL, "help, i've sat down and i can't get up" :p

No doms for me this morning even though my inner thighs were sore most the day yesterday after my run

Today will be a full body workout. May do MM but first i will take the doggie for a nice long walk.

Lori-When your running...how do you control your breathing? About 20 mins into my run i had a hard time controlling my breath.

Hello to everyone out there...bbl

TGIeffingF!! Lori, I have the same sentiments as you; this has been such a hell week for me too and yesterday was THE WORST. Did I tell you guys about Nancy Drew at my job? We call him Nancy because he is always trying to solve some mystery that doesn't exist, making things more complicated than they have to be. Plus, he has been here for 3 years and has no clue how to do his job but people pity him so they let him stay here, PLUS they blatantly admitted he is too naive to ask for a raise or find a better job so they know he will stay. Um, WHAT?! :confused: I don't get it. Anyway, there is always an excuse as to why his work isn't done on time and his manager covers for him. Our month end was yesterday so everything needed to be billed. He was supposed to have status to me by Wed at 3. Yesterday morning I'm like "where is your status" and he was conveniently "just getting back to me." My arse you were. So I relay the message to my manager and she calls up Nancy's boss and basically he said it's my fault because I didn't go harass him on Wednesday for status. I sent a damn email Tues afternoon and that morning! I said I'm not babysitting a 33 year old. Such crap.

Then I come home and I have a summons for jury duty. GRRRRRR!!!!! I did finally get in my LIC workout but I went to get my dinner out of the fridge, ready for a nice satisfying meal and someone ate it!!!!!!! AAAAAAAH!! So I had a protein shake w a banana, called it a day, and went to bed.

Hopefully today will be better; I get out at noon (yay!!), then I plan to do MIC, and we are going out for drinks (LOTS of drinks lol) for my friend's birthday.

Belinda, LOL @ the walking like a duck! I was cracking up. This may be TMI but have you ever had DOMS so bad in your legs that you basically had to throw yourself on the toilet when you had to go? It happened to me at work and I kinda bounced off and fell on the floor lol!!! I took about 4 showers that day, being on the bathroom floor and all :eek:.

Iris, they decided on Anabella Rose. I love it so much. She def looks like an Anabella. Have fun at the wedding! The vodka is called Vodka 360. Apparently not only am I doing choc vodka but I also have a cola one. Should be interesting. The bottles look really cool.

Helene, have a great vaca!

Lori, good luck on the run!! Hopefully it will release some of that stress!!

Amelia, have a great workout today!

Kristin, are you getting ready to go back to school? When do you guys start? My mom goes back next week and she is not happy about it lol.

Hi to Cookie, Trish, Deb, and anyone I missed!!

Hi all! Last night I did Cardio and Weights. Today’s workout agenda is Butts and Guts. Got on the scale today (wanted to give me some time to take off anything I gained on vaca). Good news is I weigh no more and no less than when we left, which makes me feel great because I so overindulged last week. Maybe we need to do that once in a while and so long as we get on the horse again, it balances out? No real plans this weekend. Just some laundry, cleaning the outside and preparing for work . This summer was the best ever and I am sad to see it over. The worst part is leaving my little guy. My older son is starting Kindergarten and he is so excited. My younger guy, he is not understanding that mommy is going back to work and he is going back to “school” (a.k.a. daycare). When we tell him he is going back to school soon, he goes “Nooooooooooo.” Uh-oh. Luckily I don’t do the dropping off because I would be late every day.

Belinda- DOMs in the legs are a catch-22 to me. Yea it’s great because you feel as if what you did really worked out your lower body and that you are sculpting some nice legs. However, unlike DOMs in your abs or upper body, lower body DOMs can cause you to move sloooooowwwww and make it painful to sit, get up, walk, etc. Whenever I get bad DOMs in the legs and move a little slower my little guys seem to catch on and do things that require me to run after them, lol.

Iris- I was torn between UB or a circuit and opted for cardio and weights. I always think that it will be easier than it is. The pace is really fast, no time for water, I think that’s what gets me. Let us know what you decide to do!

Helene- Enjoy your vacation!

Lori- I think me time is a necessity as well. Hope you get some soon 

Amelia- I love MM and I think I might put that on my agenda for Sunday. Enjoy! My favorite part is the tricep work. It always gets a good burn there for me.

Melissa- Even though I am not in business, I find that if a male colleague is not doing his job up to par, no one really addresses it. If it is a female colleague. . . that is another story. What’s most interesting is both my principal and director are females. I am not some neo-feminist or anything, but I think men do get away with incompetence much more than women. I dunno. . . Yes, I go back on Thursday and for the first time ever I am so unprepared. I wanted to start the year off with a different unit and I have not even started planning it. I might go to the library this weekend to get some quiet time to get more work done. The summer went by so fast and it was such a great one, I just am not ready for it to be over. The good news is my fall clothes from last year do not fit at all (way too big), which means SHOPPING! 

Hello to anyone else I missed for now. I actually finally had five minutes of quiet to read posts and write this. Thank you, God. Now off to make breakfast for my little ones.

BBL
Kristin

47 mind dog walk + MM timesaver done! I had to back off from the legs in MM..they were cramping:confused: I did manage to get in the squats and lunges..

got to get in the shower then see what i can clean around here:rolleyes:

have a great day

Good morning girls,

Back on the TM this morning 45 min. w/incline. Last night not sure if working out before bed was a good thing couldn't fall asleep and my legs were killing me . . . think it was dehydration:confused:

Tonight going out with my SIL and our 2 friends from growing up. I'm making red velvet cupcakes (from the box) it's my SIL's favorite to bring:) Tomorrow we have DH's Aunt's 75th birthday party in Long Island. I almost forgot to put the Aunt part so it would have looked as if DH was "75":eek: He's having a hard enough time turning "49" this year:)

Belinda - Too funny about walking like a duck. We'll be worried if you start splashing in puddles:D I could see how working out would help your sinuses.

Iris - It was around 10PM too late for me. Have fun at the wedding:) Do you work the gym on weekends?

Lori - I thought I was busy this weekend but looks like you top it:) It seems like everybody tries to fit everything in before summer is over.

Amelia - That's a good place to have DOMS it's so hard to get the inner thighs.

Melissa - Interesting how they use fruit etc. . . to appeal to the healthy people:) Just think you can knock another week off till you start school:)

Kristin - Looks like there are a lot of days off in September, do you get those off too? I remember sometimes the teachers have to work.

Helene - Enjoy your vacation and thanks for the decoding info:D

Cookie & Trish - What are your plans for the weekend?

Have a great day:)

Howdy girls,

We came back from our vacay last week, but I've dragged my feet about getting online:eek: (I didn't even lurk!). It was over 100 pretty much every day we were in TX :eek: but, we had a great time and I even managed to fit in a few wos. Today is the last day of my rotation but I liked it so much, I'm thinking I will do it again:cool: Today's wo was iClimb 9, 40 mins, 440 cals.

Belinda - WTG on those DOMs - will definintely have to check out your wo from yesterday;). My LB wo on monday killed me (esp my inner thighs). I'm finally feeling better today after a whole week:eek:

Iris - I'm giving STS another go this fall, but sure whether to it will be Oct or November. I'm guessing Cathe will post a STS rotation which will includes STS Total Body so I may wait on that. How's DC these days?

Helene - Are the kids ready for school? Not sure where you're going, but enjoy your vacation!

Lori - (I'm always looking for a crying emoticon!!) What a rough couple of days you are having. I hope things turn around for you this weekend.

Amelia - How are the kiddies doing at school? My girls have one more week to go before they start. Nice job on your wo today!

Melissa - LOL @ Nancy Drew!! That was a good crack up! Damn, I'm not sure who's week is going worse..yours or Lori's! I'm an oddball who likes jury duty. I do a happy dance whenever I am summoned. I guess it's the getting out of work part. Ok, you're on a roll..laughing at you bouncing off the toilet now! Heehee! I have had to thow myself on the toilet, but thankfully, I've always stayed put. Have fun tonight with your friend.

Kristin - ^5 on not moving the scale;) I was up only .6 pounds the day after I got back which I can live with. Like you, I ate a ton and really expected the scale to be up at least 5 pounds, but somehow it isn't. Happy shopping:)

Deb - how are you feeling these days? Looks like your wos have picked up! Have fun with your SIL and friends. No big plans for the weekend. Just taking care of loose ends before school starts.

Cookie - Hope you're doing well!!

Ok, I'm debating on taking a pilates class @ 11:15.....it's the one I really like but haven't been to in months.....TBD.

I am done with D27 (Shoulder/Biceps & Triceps). I don't feel my shoulder anymore, they are fried. And my butt still hurts:(

Warm up : 1 set 15 reps/ 2nd set 12 reps
Standing BB front presses/45#

Standing BB front presses/45#
BB curls/55#
Flat bench tricep extensions BB /37#

Seated lateral raises/ 14#
Incline curls on the bench/19#
Seated overhead extensions on arm /19#

Seated rear delts /18#
Seated Concentraion curls/20#
Cross body kickbacks/15#

Had a great workout.

I will be back with personals, have a good one!

Okay, butts and guts done. My legs won't stop shaking now ;). I plan on taking the boys to the park and maybe even walk around the track they have their while Nikolas rides his bike and Chris rides his tricycle (that I push with a handle).

Trish- Welcome back. Yep, I had no willpower last week. I guess we got off lucky :D. Have fun with pilates.

Kristin

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.