Commit to get fit & lean for Aug 25, 2010

bayerngirl

Cathlete
Good morning,

I have M3 D37 Legs - Squat Rack on tap today.

Happy Hump day and have a great workout/day! BBL!

Good Morning Ladies

Yesterday I did end up coming home after my first session, and did D20....and boy my booty is sore today....:) I wasn't going to have a rest day today, but I've been going back and forth with a friend to do breakfast this morning, and he coudlnt' go any later than 9.......so I dont' want to rush a workout....and it's going to be another long day. :confused:

I can't believe I almost forgot....guess who called last night?? yes yes...DG....and you know what he did?? He got mad at me and hung up. :mad::mad: I'm still so pissed. You know, he asks me questions, and then instead of discussing the answers, he just gets mad at me. Ugh.... I even told him it's not like I didn't try, I invited him places, try to talk to him, but he always just closes up and reacts by being a smart ass or a jerk. I really dont think deep down he IS a jerk, I just think that's all he knows how to be...lol. And I even went as far as to say to him that I feel just as by myself when he comes over as when he's not there. And I know that's a hell of a comment to make, to anyone, but it had to be said. He didn't like it............ :confused: The conversation ended shortly after..........*sigh*.

Belinda- Great workout today.....what run through is this of STS for you? 2nd, 3rd? Just wondering how it's changed for you from each time of doing it. And have you ever tried the undulating rotation? And no, my client didn't curse at me, but said he wants to be worked to the point that he does...LOL. So I did......ha.

Helene- When do you leave again? Gonna miss ya! If you need someone to watch your trees, lemme know....lol :p

Melissa- I think it's what you said, it just feeds the apprehension you already have. I'm guessing you've already questioned yourself more than 20 times.....been there done that. Still questioning myself on some days.....lol.

Amelia- so the yoga was intense, eh? Sorry the sun went in on you! Go figure, right? lol

Deb- Mmmmmmmm....hope you enjoyed your latte!! How are your treadmill workouts going? lol @ getting out of tickets....yeah I guess I don't have to worry about it. :)

Kristin- Dang, those are two max workouts in a row! High fives on that!! ;)

Ok....off to shower and get ready for the day....have a great day ladies!

Good Morning!

Seems as if I haven't checked in in forever!!! I did my coworker a fav last night and went into work for her. I didn't get home until 2'ish!

I went to my parents house Sunday evening and came home again Monday evening. When I woke up yesterday morning, it was straight to DS's appt so there was no time to check in and if I don't check in first thing in the a.m, it doesn't get done.

We had a good visit at my moms but when it was time to go to bed, DS wanted to go home:confused: He napped on the way so it was 12'ish by the time I got him settled. His appt yesterday was pretty good. She gave us some activites to do at home.

My sister and I did MIC (insanity) on Monday and I think it was the first time I did that workout. My whole body was sore yesterday and yesterdays workout was a 10k run. I was hoping to get weights and cardio in today but that doesn't look promising,unless I do a circuit on the TM.

I think that sums it up, those were my days off. Hopefully I will get to catch up on personals some time today.

Belinda** Enjoy your workout. How are you feeling?

Iris** What a tool! I can understand why he acts like a jerk but may not really be one. I know a few people like that. They would rather be cocky then nice....So NOW do you think that's it? LOL I don't. I think he is gonna sit on this and then call again:eek:

Oh...I got 100% on my last exam. Strengthening the UB and LB! Now I have 3 more books, another exam and then its on to designing programs and I can't wait to read that one!!!

I will bbl!

Lori:):)

Good morning all! Today is my 10th wedding anniversary! Ten Years!!!!! And we are both still alive, so it must be going well ;). We are celebrating low-key because we just went on vacation. We'll be going out to dinner at our favorite restaurant and I will do my best to try to eat clean, except for dessert (chocolate lava cake, and it is sooooo good). ;)

Today's workout will be CCC:eek::eek::eek:. I have only done this once before and I am a little scared. . . okay very scared :eek: I'll be back to report how I did. . . if I survive :p

Belinda- I have been thinking about getting STS forever. I want to ask for it for Christmas. Are the sqat rack legs extra? I see on the website that you can get the 36 dvd or 40 with squat rack legs. Do you need a squat rack? I checked out the plyo legs clip, do you do that instead of squat rack?

Iris- Don't let DG get you down. Hanging up is a bit immature to say the least. Enjoy your rest day!

BBL,
Kristin

Happy hump day!!!

I did KPC last night and my abs are so sore even though I didn't do the abs part (I did abs Monday). My arms always get sore from that workout too. Love that it's high intensity, low impact. I also kept to my 1600 calorie goal!!! That's 2 days in a row :) This is so lame but I got little smiley face stickers to put in my food journal on days that I hit my caloric goal.

I want to give big THANK YOUS & hugs to everyone for your advice and support in my decision to go back to school. It really means a lot to me. Tony (my friend from college) was really the only person who is not so supportive of it. I was talking to my mom about it and she said just what I was thinking; maybe he's jealous? I know he HATES what he does and he works 100+ hrs a week for crap pay but he is stuck because his wife is pregnant and doesn't get maternity leave, plus they have 2 kids to take care of as it is. I know he's been wanting to go back and get another degree but he can't.

Belinda, I made up my own rotation using 4DS and mixing in some other Cathe videos. It's 6 weeks long cuz I got a little planning-happy; I'm in the 2nd week so far.

Kristin, wasn't Broadway at the Beach awesome?!? Now I want to go back down there!! There is so much to do. I went about 7 years ago when I was dating this huge DB; he acted like an 90 year old man, didn't want to do anything!! All he did was sit in the damn hotel room so I did things by myself. Now that I'm with someone way more fun, once we have money I'd like to go again. I couldn't believe all the mini golf they had too! WTG on BM2!! That is a tough workout. When Cathe reminds me that it's a 90 min workout during the warmup, I'm always like "WTH did I get myself into?!" Congrats on your anniversary!! That is so awesome :) Hey it's a celebration, a little lava cake is definitely called for.

Iris, who is DG? That was really immature to hang up on you! I hate that soooooo much!! You didn't call him back did you?

Amelia, this is a weird question but what is the music like in MTV Yoga? I want to do yoga but something about the pace & the music makes me want to take a nap. How long is the video?

Lori, MIC is INTENSE!!!! That workout has a huge initial dread factor for me but it feels so good when I'm done! I have that scheduled for tomorrow :eek:

Hi to Cookie, Trish, Deb, Helene, and anyone I may have missed! Off to get some work done...yesterday was extremely unproductive :eek:

Last edited:
Good morning,

I'm going to go to work 1st today because I have a big set-up in one of my stores. Hopefully I will get at least 30 min. on the TM when I get home. I tried to watch a movie on our laptop yesterday but it's saying I need a DVD decoder . . . WTH is that:confused:

Belinda - Do you use a squat rack for the DVD . . . I was only using the weight vest?

Iris - Why do I think DG will visiting you on Fri.?:D

Lori - Great job with the exam:) Is your family supportive of your doing PT?

Kristin - Happy 10th Anniversary!!! Yum, chocolate lava cake:D Is Broadway on the Beach live actors?

Melissa - Your friend is in a tough place now but he'll have the chance when the kids are older . . . unless he keeps increasing the size of his family:eek:

Amelia - What are you up to today?

Hi Cookie, Helene & Trish.

Have a great day:)

Hi Girls!

So happy that I came to work and there is no one here;) Manager is gone to a doc appt and refueler is refueling!! :eek::)

My workout was some UB work I did on my own. I did 3 sets of the same exercise for all UB parts 2x's and then I did 2 set of something else to failure. Im not sure if I will have DOMS tomorrow or not. It just felt good to lift something. I also did 5 miles on the TM.

Kristin** 10 yrs...congrats!!! It will be our 9th this yr. I think we are doing pretty good considering most of the marriages around us seem to be falling apart. I only know one couple that is truly happy, unless they have recently been married. Sad really. I am assuming you had a good vaca??

Deb** Everyone is supportive of what I am doing. I think they would be no matter what, unless I decided to go to University and had to leave the kids and DH at home. That wouldn't go over very well and I don't think I would last long! LOL Hope you get your workout in tonight.

Melissa** Sounds like your friend is jealous as well. Why wouldn't he be supportive? It doesn't make sense? It as nothing to do with him, right? I think you will be so much happier doing something you enjoy. I do enjoy my job but the hours are kind of all over the place, but its not consistent. I may have a bad week and then good for a month. But a bad week usually means more pay so you take the good with the bad. I also don't mind working every 2nd weekend. I like the time to study, plus I only work 2 days the following week. Sometimes I feel as if I only work part time.

Alrighty....thats it from my neck of the woods. I should do something so when the boss comes back it will look like I have been busy!:rolleyes:

Lori:)

'Morning!
Traveled home yesterday and just read over the missed posts.
Belinda, hth did you do hiit and imax3? What are you eating/drinking? Are you and Lori related?
Lori, glad you had a nice time with your mom and ds appt went well. Are the activities to develop his speech? JK. All of my younger brother had speech needs and had thought mine would have some. Only my sons's have to learn not to talk so much and to think before they do.
Kristin, congrats. Ten years is to be celebrated - don't worry about cake. Sounds like a wonderful vacation. Traffic is so frustrating.
Melissa, I agree with the others that your friend is probably jealous. My sisters are huge fans of Absolut - all its flavors, they don't play favorites. Lately when I drink wine, I wake up in the middle of the night. Do you think it is a coincidence or a consequence?
Amelia, are you dogwalking, childsitting, or which of your various roles today? I need to read your blog.
Iris, was the cop swearing at you? I bet you are very good at your job.
Helene, only a few more days til your vacation. Bet you can't wait.
Trish, are you back yet.
Well, got in late last night, did 6 instead of 5 this morning and 30/30, since I missed that yesterday. A friend came by for coffee and to fill me in on the neighborhood going on. Lots of goings on. As I'm typing this, work called and asked to call asap. Geesh! I'm taking a shower and eating first.
Cookie

I am finally done with my workout.

This is what I did:

Warm up: 2 sets/10 reps

Workout: 4 sets/ 8 reps
Squats - 85 #
Deadlifts - 55 # (this was a perfect weight, my back didn't hurt)
Front Squats - 55 #
Static Lunges - 85 #

Kirsten - I am doing the squat rack rotation, I do have a squat rack. I couldn't lift 85# over my head without a spatter:eek:

I will be back with more personals! Need to shower and eat dinner, I am hungry!

Last edited:
Morning girls

I woke up this morning and as usual, had every intention of staying up. But what do I do? Go back to bed and wake up two hours later like a lazy butt;) :rolleyes: Seriously, don't know whats going on with me this week? Maybe I'm just enjoying the silence?

I want to get back into running. I love running at a local park early in the morning. So Tomorrow's plan is to do just that!!! Now more excuses!!

so for the first time is 5 weeks i ate an unplanned indulgence meal yesterday so i have to be super good for a while if i plan on losing anymore weight/inches this month :confused:

Melissa-The music in that MTV yoga workout is at a faster pace, to me it sounds like pop style music! .It 45mins long & the one i have also comes with a 10minute core toning pilates workout so 55mins all-together!! Im going to do it all today so i can tell you more about when i get back!!:)

Hello to everyone, to get my workout started if im going to get it in today. bbl

Just finished CCC and once again I felt like I was going to puke halfway through. I feel good that I finished it, lol. I wasn't sure if I would. Now I am off to clean up and get ready for a night out.

Lori- Thanks. In the ten years of marriage we have had real highs and real lows, but thank God those lows made us stronger. I know people who married after us and got divorced already. It is sad. Sure there are times I want to punch him in the face, but I still love the guy ;). BTW, I dread it if my son takes a nap. I know it means it will be a real PIA to put him to bed that night. Luckily he rarely naps anymore.

Melissa- Good job on day two of your 1600 cal plan. It gets easier each day to follow a plan once you stick with it for a while. i don't have KPC and had no idea it was high intensity/low impact. I always thought it was high impact. I opted for Kickmax instead, but now I'll have to put this one on my wishlist ;). Broadway at the beach was just awesome. I wish we had something like that over here. BM2- I always feel like it'll take forever to get through, but once I get started I feel it goes so fast. I love the ab work at the end.

Debbie- Thanks. Broadway at the Beach is a deceiving name (a. it has nothing to do with Broadway musicals, and b. it is not even at the beach, lol). It is basically a large circle of shops that surround a lake (with big giant fish that you can feed). They have cool novelty shops and fudge shops, candy shops, little food vendors, rides and inflatables for the kids, they have cool restaurants like the Hard Rock Cafe and bars. Every night they have something else (fireworks, live band, etc.). It was great. They have an IMAX 3D theater and the Ripley's aquarium and much more. We had the most fun there.

Cookie- Welcome back!

Amelia- enjoy your workout. I hope you have good weather for your run tomorrow!

Okay, I really have to get off the computer now.
BB tomorrow!
Enjoy the rest of the day,
Kristin

BTW, Belinda, 85# wow! That is incredible. i have never gone over 40# for squats. . . makes me more curious about STS, lol.

Great job!

BTW, Belinda, 85# wow! That is incredible. i have never gone over 40# for squats. . . makes me more curious about STS, lol.

Great job!

She's amazing isn't she? Congrats on your workout as well!!

On a side note:
Finished my power yoga workout earlier, did MTV power yoga + Core Pilates. Fun workout, nice upbeat music...i will definitely be doing this one again!

ok, just a quick check in...i will catch up with everyone tomorrow:) Awesome workouts BTW!!!!

Deb, sorry I got distracted and forgot to tell you more about Mark Bittman's books. He's a food writer for NY Times, does the minimalist column, and most recipes call for a few ingredients and don't take much time. I like how fresh they are and allow for lots of variations.
My glutes are killing me. Love doms. See ya in the am.
Cookie

Good evening,

Cookie - welcome back, girl! You worked those glutes goood, wtg! LOL, I think Lori is rubbing off on me! Awesome job, on 30/30 today.

Amelia -awww, thanks for the compliment! That is one tough yoga workout, wtg today.

Kirsten - aww, thanks for the compliment. ^^^5's, on CCC today. That one will get you good. Happy 10th anniversary! I agree you have highs and lows in a marrige. Takes a lot of work. I am married 27 years. Lots of highs and low.. I have to agree with the others, your friend is yealous. I preorderd STS, the squat rack DVD was included. I am not ever crazy about the plyo legs wo, I love the squat rack workout. STS is an awesome program, you will not be dssapointed.

Melissa - great job, on your eating and KPC. You are doing great. Keep it up. I am proud of you, for going back to school. You go, girl. You know, Cathe has a 4DS rotation posted?
Lori -thanks for asking about me! I still don't feel any better, the antiboitic are not working. I am taking it for the last 16 days, still no improvment. I have 2 appt set up to see 2 diffrent ENT doc. My first one is on Aug 31 and the 2nd one is on Sept. 15 in Landstuhl. Glad you had fun with your mom and your son appt went well. I'll bet your UB is fried after that workout.Congrats on your exam, that's awesome! Hope you had fun on the TM today.

Debbie - I am using a squat rack. Did you get your walk in today?

Trish - hope all is well.

Hope I didn't miss anyone, if I did I am sorry!

Good night, girls! See you all in the morning.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.