Commit to get fit & lean for Aug 23, 2010

bayerngirl

Cathlete
Good morning,

Today I will do M3 D25 (Chest & Back):D

I will be back to report my workout.

Have a great Monday and workout, everyone!

I am done with Meso 3, Week 1, Disc 25, Chest and Back. I love Meso 3:D I also did the Extended stretch.

Warmup:
Flat Bench Press - 45#/12 reps
Flat Bench Press - 45#/12 reps

Workout: 4 sets
Flat Bench Press - 75#/8 reps
Barbell Rows - 75#/8 reps

Flat Bench Chest Flyes - 22's/8 reps
One Arm Row - 26#/8 reps

Incline Barbell Bench Press - 75#/8 reps
Leg Curls instead of Deadlifts - 45#/8 reps

Incline Chest Flyes - 22's/8 reps
One Arm Horizontal Row - 26#/8 reps

?????? My DD bought a few bags of bulgur wheat the last time she was here, the exp. date is 5/5 2010 .I totally forgot about them:confused: Can I still eat it:eek::eek:

Have a great day, everyone!

Last edited:
Good Morning Ladies

Today will be Step Moves..yesterday did Muscle Max, and having some doms today! Yesterday spent most of the day doing program design and meal planning (for myself...lol). I'm back to using FitDay (I like that site the best for some reason)....it helps me keep track and stay focused!
I start with 2 new clients today........why do I get so apprehensive about it? I've felt that way a LOT. I think I overthink it sometimes...........like my mom said yesterday, I can't be all things to all people.....*sigh*....but I wish I could and I wish every program I dream up I knew was the absolute right one. But it's not a perfect world, I guess.

Belinda- Nice workout!! Dang, now I want to start STS again, I keep talking about it.

Amelia- So how was the yoga? Where did you pick that up? I'll take lost inches over lost pounds any day! And awesome workout yesterday!! High Fives.

Lori- Have you thought about insurance yet? It's the first thing I did when I got certified. Figures now I'm covered at the gym I'm at, but regardless, I highly recommend! Ugh...I love Lia Sophia! Makes me want to have a party now.....:cool: Hope I was on your christmas list! lol

Deb- That's awesome about the owner of the restaurant...what a thoughtful thing to do! :) Looks like you are feeling a lot better??

Helene- So when is Vent Time??? Maybe sometime this week/weekend? Hey, how's your DD been feeling? You know, I really just want to come up and visit with your kids.....lol. It's funny...my family and friends comment time to time that for someone who doesn't want kids, I certainly make an impression and become close with everyone else's........ So I'm guessing your company is gone??

Ok I think that kinda catches me up.....BBL

'Morning!
Sorry I've been MIA, a lot of things going on. Kids back to college, husband's uncle passing, exchange students, blah, blah, blah. Ended up with lots of running around and no time to check in. Just skimmed over past posts and realized all over again how much I missed everyone.
Belinda, it must be so hard having your children in a different country. My dh's uncle was in Oldenburg, so I was thinking of you last week. That is so bizarre about your sinuses - hope they can figure it out soon.
Lori, still lol at your camping story. I'm w/Helene in not caring for those home parties, but people should rsvp. You'll be awesome as her personal trainer.
Amelia, so are you now in the dog walking and child care business? I need to make the time to check out your blog. How is your ds liking school?
Deb, so glad to hear you are doing better. Doesn't the incline get ya good in different areas? What are you going to make with the veggies? I love Mark Bittman's cookbooks and can't wait for dinner tonight!
Helene, did the guests leave yet? Hope your neck has recovered. Still no cookies but this past wk with all the various things going on was tough. Even thought about making some and just eating the dough, but then thought of the prob with raw eggs - ugghhh. How are you doing?
Iris, you sound super busy. Glad to hear you keep getting new clients - your reputation is spreading.
Melissa, so you're going to do it. Congrats. Have you started the four-month countdown already? I love kpc - definitely one of my very favs.
Kristin, hope you're enjoying your vacation.
Trish, how are things in Texas?
Ok, here are a few books read on vac that I highly recommend: Born to Run - it's about running, physiology, interesting people and all written with great style; The Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks - about a woman whose cells have been used to make numerous discoveries and improvements for all, but also covers social issues, esp. race; What the Dog Saw - always enjoy Malcolm's Gladwell's articles; The Book - a novel about a future where all knowledge is controlled by e-readers which are censured , really thought provoking.
Have managed to squeeze in sts with all else going on and traveling!
Cookie

Good morning, finally back!!:eek: This weekend was pretty crazy; I was booked with promos (Absolut and wine this weekend), and yesterday we went to a brunch and a wine tasting for my friend's birthday. The wine tasting was so much fun! We went to the vineyard in NY that supposedly supplied the wines for Chelsea Clinton's wedding so that was pretty cool. They had this dessert wine that was so amazing and tasted just like blackberries. YUM!!

Needless to say, my eating wasn't the best this weekend. I was also feeling really run-down and I realized that the last time I took an active recovery week was almost 3 mos ago, so I just did some walking this weekend. Can't wait to start up the workouts again though; tonight is 4DS Higher Intensity Step Circuit. LOVE that premix sooooo much!!

Lori, I love Lia Sophia!! They have such nice things. You are like me; I plan what I'm getting people for Christmas starting in Sept!! I hate trying to think of things at the last minute, plus this spaces out my expenses a bit which is very good.

Deb. we had massive rain here too yesterday but it was definitely needed. The leaves are already starting to turn and it looks like fall just cuz everything is so dry and I guess they are going into panic/hibernation mode.

Belinda, awesome workout!!!! I love Meso 3.

Amelia, congrats on your inches lost! That is huge progress. You inspired me to start a weight loss blog. I haven't written anything yet; setting up the templates and how I want it to look is taking forever! I'm hoping it holds me accountable. I want to lose 15-20 pounds by Christmas. I think it's doable, just as long as I keep myself on track!! :eek:

Iris, I am the same way: I always try to be all things to all people too and all it gets me is exhausted! It's hard to just say "This is the best I can do and that's that" but in the end it's for the best. Otherwise, it's way too stressful trying to be perfect!!

Cookie, OMG you have no idea how much I am counting down the days!!!!!!! I can't wait to get out lol. It's nice to know there is a light at the end of the tunnel. I'm sorry to hear about your husband's uncle. Good job on the no cookies!!!

Good morning,

I'm going to work 1st this morning and I'll do the TM afterwards. I'm feeling DOMS from using the incline button so maybe I won't turn to mush not using any weights:)

Belinda - The only thing I would check with the bulgar wheat is to make sure there aren't any mealie bugs (look like nats) when you open it. Ugh, that recently happened to me when I opened quinoa, scary.

Iris - I can see how you worry about designing the perfect program but most people are happy just having someone else do that part for them and the rest is really up to them (diet & just doing it:)).

Cookie - You hit the floor running when you came back from vacation . . . I guess no chance to slowly get back into the real world:confused: Happy your back & kudos for getting in your STS with a full plate. Will have to check out Mark's cookbooks.

Melissa - You must be a wine expect:) Do you get headaches from wine or do you know the right ones to drink?

Lori - I have a few pieces of Lia Sophia . . . I'm wondering if the jewelry is the same in Canada as the states? I love the fact that my SS bracelet hasn't tarnished (knock on wood:)).

Amelia - What do you have planned for today?

Helene - So now I bet your doing the countdown for your vacation. We were trying to find a room at the shore for a few days this week but everything was sold out and it's a good thing because it looks like rain . . . would have been stuck in a hotel room:eek:

Hi Trish & Kristin - How were your vacations?

Have a great day:)

Good Morning!!

Im taking a rest day today...and laying in the sun in the peace and quiet;)

Belinda-Your weights are just :eek: Maybe i will start buying STS little at a time. Ive seen Meso 1 go for a reasonable price on ebay! I bet your getting some nice results too. How's your sinuses doing? Still clogged?

Iris-yay on the new clients!! Im sure once you get them started you'll feel better about it. Have a great workout today! Haven't tried that yoga workout yet...plan on doing it tomorrow.

Cookie-Those books sound interesting. I will put them on my library list..i heard about What the Dog Saw. DS seems to really like school, im glad because he had a hard time starting last year:) Sounds like you had a great time on your vacation!!

Melissa-Blueberry wine..yummy! Have a great workout tonight with 4ds! Glad to inspire you on your blog!:) Whenever I'm blogging i always spend too much time on there, constantly changing my template's and backgrounds. Im starting to get some followers and there comments are so supportive..really encouraging:) your going to love it! I look forward to logging in there.

Debbie-high fives on the doms. I'm sporting some calve doms...those always feel so weird to me, im walking all funny:rolleyes: Have a great day at work!!!

Hello to everyone!!! Have a great day

Haha, Deb I'm not really a wine expert. I do know what's good to pair with what meal but I don't know much about what tastes like melon or what tastes like chocolate (I can NEVER taste the chocolate undertones the wineries claim their wines have!!!). I just know what tastes good and what is nasty. Also, I don't get headaches from wine; basically I stay away from the ones that smell like vinegar or with really really high acidity since those are usually the ones that don't agree with me. I also have to limit myself to 2-3 glasses MAX; wine hits me like no other alcohol can!

So I have to vent; I was just talking to my friend from college and I told him about me going back to school for physical therapy in the spring. There was this huge pause and I'm like "What's up" and he goes "Let me offer you some words of advice; just remember how much you liked marketing when you were in college and now you hate it. Do you want to take this risk and have the same thing happen?" He is right but the difference was I only liked mktg in college because I was good at it. I didn't know what the work was going to be like or how unhappy/bored I would be once I was doing it all day, every day. I just know that I was the happiest when I was training in the gym, even though I didn't make much money. PT is similar, with a similar work environment, and I want to go back to being that happy person again who couldn't wait to get up, go to work, meet with clients, and help them achieve their goals. Not that his comments will make me change my mind about the PT thing because it still is really REALLY what I want to do, but it does make me feel not as confident in my decision. Kinda put a damper on my day :(

Last edited:
hi all!

Vacation was fantastic. It was the best vacation we have taken in a long time. The kids were happy with the pools and beach, and we loved the beach balcony and Broadway at the Beach. We had a blast. Clean eating, not so much :eek:. I ate soooo much tasty crap, not even funny. We came home yesterday. It was the never-ending ride from hell. We left at 7 am and did not get home until 1:30 am. We made great time until we got into Delaware and Jersey. then LI was just traffic hell. Everything was flooded. So I took it easy today. I am hoping to get in a workout tonight, if I can muster up the energy. I only worked out four times during the week. Twice I did Travel Fit (love it) and twice I did a treadmill workout. Need to get back in the swing of things.

I'll be back tomorrow for personals and if I can figure out how to post a pic on here, I'll do that too!

Missed you guys, ttyl,

Kristin

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.