Commit to get fit and lean for April 9, 2010

bayerngirl

Cathlete
Good morning,

Not sure what I will do today?

Miss Lori, How do you train for a 10 miler? Never ran a race or that far:confused: I don't have a clue on how to train?

Happy Friday!

Good Morning!:)

I can't believe I didn't get back here yesterday. My day got super busy around lunch time. We finally got prices we were looking for so there was about 50 invoices that needed to be written up and then they have to be entered into the computer....I never did get that far. My head was spinning by the time I left work b/c the phone was ringing non stop, either with actual people or the phone company was trying to fix something with our phones and phones ringing are enough to make my head spin.

My workout yesterday morning was 14k outside. It was a really nice morning. The temp was perfect. I am thinking about going again shortly before DH goes to work b/c OF COURSE I have a few things to do today. My sister wants me to go shopping with her, I have to pick my niece up, I am suppose to be meeting friends for coffee, then another friend and then we are going out tonight to celebrate my inlaws 40th wedding anniversary.

I just checked and the prices to cuba all inclusives are going down again!!:D There is only one week left to go and thats the 28th week. We shall see what happens.

Belinda** I have never trained for a 10 miler but I will see if I can find a training program for you. When I signed up for my first 10 miler, I was already running 15k a day and 16k is 10 miles. I still didn't think I could do it though, mind over matter. And now a marathon doesn't even seem that long! Thats what I have to keep telling myself anyway! hehe!

Iris** Oh my...the drama! What is wrong with the two of them? What do you think will happen to DJ now? Have you been talking to him since? It must have been pretty serious if they fired him over it. And as for DG, what kind of fuss did he kick up? Is it official over NOW?;)

Trish** I put milk in my foffee no cream. I hate cream but my SIL loves it. So I can't help you out. Im guessing you would have to gradually ween yourself? I would like to cut the sugar out of my coffee. Its not a lot but Im thinking starting my day with sugar is probably not a good thing!:rolleyes:

Ameila** Sorry to hear you didn't get your workout in but what a nice girl...keeping her MIL company! You should have asked her if she wanted to workout with you? LOL If she is anything like my mother...that would have been quit the site. My mother actually said to me the other day "you should be happy that your mother has a figure like this" I think she is slowly losing her mind. My sister even said that she is getting worse. Not that she is losing her mind but the things that she says. My dad just sits there shaking his head. My sister said the other day my mom was telling my dad to let the dog out, while she was walking down the stairs, my dad was upstairs and she was going where the dog was anyway. Does that even make sense?

Helene** I love relaxing mornings as well but they are far and few between here. I woke up at 6:40 and thought about getting up and then DS woke up at 7 anyway. So far I must have moved 3 x's since I starting typing this.

Deb** Don't be bummed out! Things happen for a reason:) Thats what I keep telling myself when I don't get my own way! LOL I would love to see people fighting over spin bikes! That must be hiliarious!

Cookie** You went BACK to BED? Who does that?:eek::D I remember going back to bed when I was pregnant but I would stay there all morning. Thought I was sleeping my time away but what else was I gonna do? Waddle around the house?

I will bbl to report my workout.

Lori:)

Morning......

Belinda: Happy training. I signed up for that 5k and haven't been running and with the back I'll wait another week before even thinking about it :confused: Now remember, now is your rest week. But it will soon be over.

Lori: LOL, I couldn't get up for my quiet time and workout time. DD got up 5 times last night. I really am tired......

Iris: Oh no, you have more drama happening than anybody I know. This is insane. What the heck happened and how on earth do you get fired by your own cousin?! And here I was thinking DG was going to move simply on .......

Deb: Sorry you missed the RT sign up. But I am seriously thinking of Daytona so maybe we can all meet down there. That would be awesome!

Cookie: Hope all is well. Hope to hear good news from you soon.

Trish: Busy busy, but great you checked in.

Amelia: Farming are you? I've had invites for this, but since I haven't checked in to FB for several month, I'd have had the farm taken away by the bank for sure by now. :p

OK, sorry so short but gotta go to work,

Morning!
Belinda, did you check out that site? Ohhhh, it sounds like you're thinking of doing the 10 - you can do it. Heck, you've done sts, amazed drs, and wear out those poor dogs - think of the bragging rights you'll have.
Amelia, you sure I can't have you for a dil or an adopted daughter? What a wonderful person you are, and I hope she appreciates it. It's almost been a yr since my mil passed and I miss her.
Lori, yeah, I fell asleep on the sofa! I'm a slacker. Didn't get in PH last night either. Waited for dh to come home to eat and it wasn't until after 8, so I'm blaming it on him. Of course, if he had let me known, I would have worked out before he got home. Guess those blackberries are sometimes for decoration.
Iris, wow, now that some drama. Poor DJ, hope they reconsider real quick. DG sounds like he was having a temper tantrum; is he used to getting his way? How's his mother doing? How's yours?
Helene, you animal throwing around the wts like that, and even more than you're supposed to. How's the back handling it?
Deb, any word yet on a number? I checked the calendar for October, and will try to keep it clear. Re the $1 to hold a spot - who gets it? Do they donate it to charity or what? Things are a little competitive, huh?
Trish, thanks for checking in - we miss you when you don't. So who would drive on your rv rt - you or the stepdaughter? My stepmom and I have spoken about a walking tour in Greece, but that's all we do, talk about it.
Okay, today I am doing PH! Took today off for mom's dr appt and continuing role of chauffer to dd. She's got her permit but thinks it means she's getting ready for the Indy. What a leadfoot. Increases her speed before going into corners. Even my normally very mellow dh yells and he never did at any of the boys when they were learning. Oh, and ds bettering be bringing me home a fabulous gift when he does get home from Mexico, cause I've sure earned it. Six weeks to go.
Cookie

Just a quick check in! Went for a 3 mile run + 1 mile walk with DH! My weight is still going down:eek::p keep going down, baby:p:p so far I lost 10 lb since starting M3. I still keep tracking until Sunday! I have 2 pieces of chocolate every day since a month now, I don't get it?

Lori, thank you so much! That really helps!

Helene and Cookie, thanks for cheering me on:p

I will be back later!

Good Morning Ladies,

Even though there's nothing great about it this morning! It's cool and damp out this morning, and no DJ .... He emailed me telling me, asking for my phone number, asking if he can still stop by, and then I don't hear from him. :confused: Well today is a rest day, I should have gotten up a bit earlier for some yoga, I sure need it! I ended up running yesterday....some intervals at 7.0 yesterday! I've never run that fast!

Belinda- That's awesome about the 10 miler! I'm also going to check out that link from Lori, see what it all entails! But for now I think I will try and master the 1.0 mile....:eek:

Amelia- LOL @ farmtown....I see a lot of people play that! I'm going to have to check that out. Ummm....the team is the Yankees, I'll be more than happy to remind you. Unfortunately this year, now 2 out of my 3 men don't play anymore. :( Almost not worth watching!

Lori- Wow, busy girl! Enjoy your day, you social butterfly. I have no idea what is going to happen to DJ, this is just so weird. I can't imagine what happened. As far as DG, he talks really loud like he's yelling to cause a scene. Like yesterday, he said "what's your problem?", but realllly loud, and then he said " We were watching the game!" I said in a reallllly low voice to watch the game somewhere else now! I guarantee it's not over, I couldn't be that lucky!

Deb- I am so so sorry about the RT! I really hope you can get in on the waiting list! But look at it this way, we can ALL go to Daytona!!! I can't say enough positive things about that RT......:) Think sun, fun, hanging out with Cathe and the girls by the beach, working out on the beach, cute boys (I'm sure there will be some somewhere), the list goes on and on! :D I don't feel bad about DG anymore, not after yesterday! I run on the treadmill for now. ;)

Trish- I did not do LM, I went for a run, I got these new shoes and I'm really psyched about it again! Nice workouts! You're really rocking it at the gym! I hope you enjoy your Pilates class if you can go!

Helene- Where and when are you running the 5k? I want to do it?? The drama only happens when I'm thinking it's gonna be a smoooooth day! LOL That's great about your weights!! Glad you felt strong today! How are you feeling today? Any DOMS? Have you ever eaten at the Melting Pot? DJ can be cold and heartless, but the property manager can be a royal b****! I said something to him about it before I even knew they were related...lol So I can only imagine the argument between the two of them, and she's such an Ice Queen, Skinny B**** she probably got her way......:mad:

Cookie- Ok now I missed something, did you get into the RT?? And yes of course you're going to Daytona, I can't believe it's even up for debate....:p Yes DG is absolutely used to getting his way, all the time....and now I think he's just pissed, and now acting out thinking he's being funny. My mom is doing ok, however she was forced into retirement, I just handed in the letter yesterday, effective for May 18th. Her Sick Bank time ends on the 17th (I know you know what that is). She went over a year with her time and the sick bank and still got a paycheck, THAT'S how much time she's accrued. And the good thing is, her benefits carry over 100%, which is a huge load off her mind. So...good luck with your mom today!!! I'll be praying for you. (((hugs)))

Ok I think that catches me up, I'm going to go make breakfast now! And deal with this day..........

Morning girls

I feel about three inches high this morning,argh...ARGH! I keep yo-yoing with my diet plan...just can't seem to stay focused lately:( and i feel even worse when I don't workout:confused: What i really need is a good swift HARD kick in the BUTT!!!:mad: I know better than this crap....

so with that said,I plan on doing something today...i may go ahead and just do cardio until i start that new rotation monday. (FF's getting ready for summer 07, i think its called)

Ok Belinda,your losing weight...don't have to rub it in:p GOOD FOR YOU GIRL! AWESOME JOB on the 10lb weight loss. Can i borrow some of your motivation please?

Lori-LOL about your mom's comment! i feel bad for my MIL because she had so many strokes over the past few years and she can't really get around too good. Sometimes she doesn't make alot of sense when she talks:( We haven't had a great relationship over the years but i think she and I have learned to tolerate each other for DH's sake...

Cookie-Your so sweet...i would love to be your adoptive DIL:D Im sorry for the loss of your MIL, i remember her passing:(

Iris-oh yeah, the yankee's. What a minute...didn't they win last year:eek:(im a Baseball fan but i don't really 'pay attention' to everything like DH does:confused:) and I know what you mean when they start trading or getting rid of our favorites. My favorite on the Braves is Bryan Mcann (catcher) now if they get rid of him i will be highly pissed, i think he has a 5yr contract though. I forgot to congratulate you on getting rid of DG...WTG girlfriend!:D

Hello to everyone i missed...BBL to report my much needed workout!

workout done, decided on 4ds LIS..it was really fun, love the music in that one!

Before my workout i took the kiddies to walmart to get a small pool, there out there in it right now...so cute. I remember being a kid and getting into those (heck i do it now:p)

ok, later gators:cool:

Hi girls,

Back with personals!

Amelia, Debbie (FF) is gonna post another new "Getting ready for Summer" rotation on Sunday. I think I will do that one on Monday. Hang in there! You are doing great! We fly from Germany to ATL from there will fly to El Paso. We are taking our RV a few weeks later on a RT, that's when we will meet. I will let you know when we are driving to ATL. I did sent you my cell #, I will call you as soon as I am in the US! Sorry, about your MIL! Hope the app. goes well with your mom today.

Cookie, how are you feeling today? Hope you got some sleep! When does DS semester ends? If I get a spot, I will run the Army 10 miler, if not I am gonna be in good shape:p:eek: That all depends on the cost of the flight/hotel too? Are you going to the RT? LOL at your DD!

Debbie, sorry you didn't get in:confused: Hope the spin class helped a little! Nice job on D31 last night!

Trish, we own an 11 feet long RV:D We bought the RV for the dogs, this way they could come with us:p Nuts hah? I love it, we got everything we need. It's huge! You should give it a try! BTW, nice job on D21! Let me know how you liked Rock Solid Pilates class @ the gym today.

Helene, how was your yoga yesterday. Nice job on D27 last night. How is your back, girl?

Iris, sorry you had an awful day yesterday.Grrrr... I would be mad at them too. Have fun with your yoga and rest day today. Nice run yesterday, BTW!

Lori, thanks again for the link today. Looks great! Have fun with your workout today.

I will try to came back later, if not see you all in the AM!

Hey Belinda-so it will be towards the end of may/ beginning of June? Let me know when and where and i will be there girl! Can't wait to finally meet you:confused:

Hey Belinda-so it will be towards the end of may/ beginning of June? Let me know when and where and i will be there girl! Can't wait to finally meet you:confused:

Yeah, sounds about right, Amelia! Once we lock in the flight I can tell you more, I will PM you soon. I can't wait to meet you too. ;) BTW, nice job on your workout today.

Hi girls,

Hey I'm late to the party. Boy you girls are up and about today:) I took a Zumba class today. I'm going to do leaner legs after I'm back from driving DS to work. We have a birthday party to go to tonight, one of my SIL's & BIL will be there and she said she's going to hang out in the bathroom and read here book:confused: She doesn't drink & doesn't like music.

Belinda - You will probably lose even more weight training for the race.

Lori - So Cuba is still on the table:) Great job with your run yesterday. See you miss all the "gym" drama :eek: seems like someone's always complaining.

Iris - I hope thinks work out for DJ. Did you need to rent a car in Daytona? I hope sign-up for Daytona won't be so hard.

Amelia - That was so nice of you to spend the day with MIL. Have you thought about "Fantasy Baseball"? My son loves it. It's similar to your farming game.

Helene - Sorry DD kept you up last night. I'm thinking about Daytona and meeting you guys would be great:)

Cookie - I hope all goes well with your Mom today. I hate driving with DS's it's like being on a roller coaster . . . I hold on for dear life:eek: No number yet.

Trish - I know we can visit Cathe anytime but I'm not crazy about driving on the Turnpike. Keep on checking in . . . we miss you.

Have a great day:)

Afternoon girls,

What a day...started with D3 (with the leg drills & extended stretch - burned 494 cals) then did the pilates class during lunch - it was KILLAH!!!! Definitely going back:eek: and not on a leg day! The instructor was so phenomenal - perfect form; perfect queues & direction. I sweated buckets and I LOVED IT!

Belinda - Nice run/walk today! How much time do you have before your race? I'm soooo jealous on your weight loss...apparently some of us can control their eats! I suck, although this week is slightly better than last week:eek: Haven't been on the scale since the end of Feb so I'm not sure how awful it is, but I'm sure it's awful! Wow, your RV sounds really nice! I don't know if I'm up for it...we'll see.

Lori - Cuba sounds like fun! Have you ever been? Think I will pick up some of the fat free cream this weekend. I managed to get off of sugar with splenda, but now want to get off of that too:rolleyes:

Helene - When is the Daytona trip? DH would look at me cross-eyed if I told him I skipped a trip in NJ to fly to FL! LOL! Think you'll be able to wo this evening?

Cookie - If we ever do go RV'ing, DSD definitely will not be driving! Like your daughter, she's a bit of a lead foot and also likes to sideswipe cars which I imagine would happen more frequently with an RV! Enjoy PH today!

Iris - What a bummer about DJ...no sympathies for DG:mad: Hey nice run yesterday!!! Did you ever complete the couch run program? Your new shoes are reminding me that I need new shoes. I'm too embarassed to even say how old they are! Hope your day is restful.

Amelia - I'm in the same boat as you...can't seem to stick with my eating plan. **Big Sigh** But, each day is a new beginning, right?? So we'll do better tomorrow. I'm one week into FF's STS/GS Leg rotation and it's just what I needed:cool: Nice job on your wo! Have fun with kiddies.

Deb - How was zumba today? LOL about your SIL reading in the bathroom! Priceless:p

Tomorrow's my rest day, but, of course, it will be anything but restful:rolleyes:. Dance in the morning then kid birthday party in the afternoon. Will try to check in. Have a great weekend!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.