COMMIT TO GET FIT AND LEAN FOR APRIL 27, 2010

Morning!
Belinda, wow, what wonderful compliments from the dh! Good rewards for your hard work. 800 cals is a lot. Nice job.
Amelia, of course, your niece is adorable - it runs in the family. Gee, two years old already. How were the eats yesterday? Mine were fantabulous all day until I made cookie dough last night for a mtg on Wednesday. Good thing is once they bake and cool, they do not appeal to me at all. Today's another day.
Lori, what do you put in your fuel belt? Did I tell you about the race where some of my friends had tequila in theirs?!!! Hope your boss isn't around too much today.
Iris, how was the webinar? Two hours on abs? Boy, you just have d drama all the time and everywhere. How did your mom handle the treatment?
Helene, Manchester is beautiful and you had great weather. Do any shopping while you were there? Yeah, my drive is just about 70 mins, plus I drive around during the course of the day, so TG I can use the other car. Do you think the heavy wts with sts could aggravate your back?
Deb, did you figure out how close you and Trish are? Do you go to her malls? And what the heck is bum bum? Or did I read it wrong and it is burn burn?
Trish, did you send us this rain? Miss all the walking done when living in NYC. Now I'm in cow country but it is rapidly changing. On Sunday's walk, we went past three small family farms that sold off their cows - the low milk prices are driving them out of business.
Well, tried yoga this morning, and that did not work. Now I wonder what the heck was I thinking! Got a few extra mins this morning since have a mtg at RPI, and that's not til 9, so may hop on the treadmill.
Cookie

Good Morning Ladies

Today is D23 Legs, Abs, and Stretch. Been off track the past couple of days, but that's ok, next week is my rest week anyways, I can fit in missed cardio's wherever I'd like, as long as I finish the weight workouts by week's end. :)

Wow, I learned a lot about training the core last night! It was a very informative webinar! I'm glad I took it!

Belinda- Nice workout yesterday!! So your hubby is back? Those are great compliments! (especially when they come from your man ;))

Cookie- My mother is handling this treatment very well. The side effects are things she needs to "look out" for. It's not the usual kind of side effects. General tiredness still, but nothing constant or debilitating. Hope you are gettting some time in in the treadmill as we speak! Have a good meeting!

Trish- All I want to do is be "D" free! LOL Funny how I drag you out of lurk mode.... :p I still think you had a great workout yesterday! Any day you do some cardio AND weights is an accomplished, well-rounded day, IMO. ;) I can't remember what I made for dinner last night, I'll get up and look in a minute....lol :eek:

Lori- Dang, those are some crazy hours....so you went in at 12:30 last night? and had another flight at 8 this morning? that's nutness, not many hours of sleep in between! How does your keyboard go into french mode?? lol

For dinner last night I made Wild Grain Rice Pilaf.....omg what a pain right in my a$$ because I went and got the wheat berries and wild rice in bulk at the co-op and realized I had no idea how to cook them!!! Somehow I came through the other side, but I doubled the recipe, which ended being enough to feed an army for a week! *sigh* But it's soooo goood! Ok BBL

Hi girls,

I didn't go to the gym this morning, I have a pain on my right side/lower back which started over the weekend. It's weird I always get hurt during a rest week or vacation:confused: Everyone is going to be out tonight and I want to take "Will, Power & Grace" class at the gym since it is only offered on Tues. nights . . . we'll see how my back is:(

Bum, Bum is from Beach Body's Brazilian Butt Lift. I'm not sure about the program yet. So far it seems like it is a lot of lunges & squats, low weights & floor work. I think it's going to be more like Physique 57 & squeeze workouts so we'll see. I'm thinking it may be good to throw in now & then but I can't see given up on weight w/o's.

Belinda - Now that's great when DH notices the changes:) You do work so hard even when you have had bumps in the road.

Lori - How were the flights last night & this morning? The reunion was more of a neighborhood reunion. In Brooklyn/Queens a lot of us went to different high schools but hung out after school & weekends in the neighborhood. It was weird seeing everyone because we all look older & gained some weight. The only thing going for me was I was 95lb. in high school so 20lbs. didn't seem so bad:eek:

Cookie - Do you drive 70 mins round trip? Wow that's alot of driving either way. I live about 30-40 mins. from Trish. I don't go to her malls even though my boss has hinted sometimes.

Iris - Wow that's along time for your Mom's treatment. Does she have much more? Funny about running into another DD:) Will you tell the D's if you switch jobs;)

Amelia - What are your plans for today?

Helene - Are your parents still at your house?

Trish - I don't go to your malls. I was wondering how you felt about the blue laws. I go to Willowbrook mall and that helps the business there a lot on Sunday so I'm sure they don't want the blue laws to change.

Off to work, Have a great day:)

Hey girls

It was our Anniversary today so DH and I went out for a 4 and half mile hike. We went to our favorite park this time. The trails have huge rocks and steep hills...really fun. I can't find my camera right now :)mad:) or i would have taken some pics for you guys..

Well,my heart is pounding again:confused: man, i don't know how much more of this i can handle? Im talking about an interview tomorrow at a minor emergency center :)eek::eek:) im not going to get excited though because i don't want to get upset again if things don't work out. The job is part time, only three days a week. which is perfect...

Deb-I hope you were able to go to your gym today...hopefully your back is better!

Belinda-That is some calorie burn girl...wow,wtg!

Iris-Will the pilaf freeze ok? Maybe you can freeze it in serving sizes? Nice going on the cooking and the workout!!!

Cookie-The eats were good yesterday, today is a different story...at least i went for a long hike:eek:

Hello to Lori,Trish and Helene

I will bb tomorrow after the interview..wish me luck!

Hello!

Amelia: Yeah, great news. Your perseverance will pay off just like for how fit you have become :) Look forward to the news! I'll cross my fingers, especially if this would be better since part time!

Belinda: So nice that your DH gives you compliments like this! That's great.

Trish: What do you do for cardio since you can't do high impact?

Deb: Your gym classes have fun names :eek:

Iris: Yes, I am very proud of you going by yourself to the Coop.

Lori: How is work this week besides the schedule. Is your boss still "hanging" around?

Cookie: How are you today? I think I have to be careful with what I do and it should be OK. Since I know what is in each DVD now then I can choose a bit easier. I am really taking it easy this past week and this one anyways due to my schedule. Maybe too much, but there is so much going on.

Well, this week is busy and I will lay low. My back is feeling OK and I am going to take it easy a bit more. I am thinking of taking another yoga class Thursday night. I'll stick to some STS, yoga and low impact for a while though. When I can. I have a lot of work, my parents are still here and my brother and his wife are coming this weekend too. TOM is right around the corner and I am a bit stressed :( But all is well otherwise and I am focusing on my eating. I feel like a slacker not reporting some good workouts though. Why does the brain work this way that it fights you even as you are trying to get better? Excercise is an addiction isn't it? :rolleyes: All right, I am done grumbling.

Have a good evening everyone.

Evening Ladies,

My wo today was CC4 (I think I burned about 450 cals in 40 mins and travelled a little over 6 miles). I am giving myself 10 mins to complete this post before hitting the bed! I am not getting enough rest and it's taking a toll. So...on to personals;)

Belinda - ^5s to DH on that compliment!! That would have me on cloud 9 for weeks:cool: My eating has sabotaged this rotation a bit, but I can still see some results. Like you, I'm a little tighter and leaner. I think this last week will have a good showing if I keep my eating in check. Looking forward to getting back to full body wos though. Awesome wo today girl!! You really worked it:eek: Can you believe I still have not purchased CCPP?? I have all the others but that one...I guess one day I'll get it.

Cookie - Unfortunately, I didn't send you guys ALL the rain...saved a little for us:p But the weekend is looking so fabulous I won't complain! Ohhhhh, cow country...how nice! I have dreams of moving out of here to TX cow country! *sigh* Yoga was out for me when my shoulder was bothering me and I remember warrior pose really bothered my knees. Are you doing any kind of therapy?

Iris - Dinner sounded yummy! Was your webinar offered through ACE? My abs are a mess...have any free time on Sunday mornings?

Deb - I have mixed feelings on the blue laws...When it's all said and done, I think I'd prefer to keep them in place. There are enough places I can get to on Sunday if needed. Did you make it to your Will & Grace wo? My pilates class is based on Grace this month. Not sure what next month's theme will be.

Amelia - Good luck on your interview tomorrow and congrats to you and DH! How many years are you celebrating?

Helene - Pretty much all of my cardio is on the elliptical. I tried to get into the treadmill, but anything more than a walk is too uncomfortable so that wasn't really enough. When I'm feeling especially good I will throw in some kickboxing or low impact step, but that's not too often. I hope your week turns around. Work out when you can.

Ok. Off to bed...I'm over my ten minute deadline, of course. I have M1 or M2 legs on tap for tomorrow (the rotation calls for plyo, but of couse, there's no way I can do that!). TTYL.

Hi girls,

I should be going to bed too but since DH is out with BIL and boys are out decided to stop by. I did do the class at the gym because my back stopped hurting during the day. It seems to hurt when I'm sitting:confused:

Amelia - Wishing you good luck tomorrow:) Let us know how it goes.

Helene - My pain comes and goes and is only on one side of my back if it doesn't go away I'll have no other choice but rest it. So you are doing the right thing by resting.

Trish - That's great that they change the theme of the class every month. I heard that people in your area like the fact that there isn't traffic on Sunday's. I can see that. Does it apply to foodstores too?

Good night everyone (need a sleepy smilie)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.