Commit to get fit and lean for April 22, 2010

bayerngirl

Cathlete
Good morning,

My plan is to go for a run :eek: I hope the weather will warm up! I swear, winter came back yesterday. What is going on? One day I need a winter jacket the next day I don't? Where is spring? Haven't seen it yet?

My best to all. BBL!

Good Morning!:)

I soooo did not want to get out of bed!:confused: I am looking forward to sleeping in a little tomorrow morning. I'm sure DS will decide to start his day at 6:30, I think that's what happened Monday morning.

I haven't figured out what my workout is going to be today. I may do a circuit using the TM and BC.

WTH is that noise out by my house??:confused: Jump'ins! Big 'ole town truck out cleaning the sidewalks....at this time of day? I didn't think any noise was suppose to be made until after 7 :mad: Im willing to bet that DS will be up soon.

Belinda** I love GS legs. I use to do it once a week and saw some nice results with it. Enjoy your workout today!

Ameila** Are you feeling any better today?

Trish** My eating as been better but my weight his holding steady. I gained a couple of pounds back so now I tetter between 123-124. Oddly enough I feel my best at 122....the difference 2-3 lbs makes is weird.

Cookie** I think its a known fact that working out gives you more energy. Whenever I don't workout first thing in the morning, it takes all day for me to feel energized. But once I got that workout started, I feel great. Sorry you aren't getting your workouts in! I feel bad for people who can't do anything. Sometimes there is a reason why they can't do stuff.....but I was talking to a girl at the grocery store the other day and I haven't seen her in a couple of years. She was looking at the special k bars and telling me that she is having trouble with her feet swelling so she isn't suppose to stand on them for very long and b/c she can't do anything the weight is piling on. Im thinking...why aren't you allowed to stand? And why are your feet swelling? Is it b/c you are overweight? It all kind of defeats the purpose doesn't it? In the meantime that may not be the reason why her feet are swelling but for most people it is.

Helene** We miss you. Hope you are enjoying your fam!

Deb** I think we posted at the same time yesterday. Happy to hear you got the bike you wanted yesterday!:D Oh no...the PMS monster is on its way??? Look out everybody!!!:eek:

I will bbl to report my workout!

Lori:)

Good Morning Ladies.

Yep, the nerves are kicking in! :confused: I'm feeling somewhat confident, though. It's not like I've never looked at the material! If anything, my brain is on overload of information, and I'm just afraid of the lines getting crossed. :eek:

No DG yesterday, even though I saw his car when I was leaving. So either I just missed him, or he hid. lol One of my customers came in yesterday (who was also their Tuesday), said DG was on the edge, and also thought it was because my ex was there. So I wasnt' the only one! When DG finally left on Tuesday, my ex said to me "at least you wont' have to deal with him the rest of the night!" I said "wrong! He'll be back!". My ex seemed kind of surprised at that, but he doesn't KNOW...............................:eek: In case my ex is involved in any DG stories from here on out, we'll refer to him as DB. :p Stay tuned ladies, another new episode tomorrow....LOL

Belinda- Have a great workout! Sorry the weather's been so crappy over there! Is your DH home yet?? What a mess with that volcano, I pray the other one doesnt' erupt, even though I heard it has a history of doing so! I'm glad your dog is doing better and your accounts are getting straightened out!

Amelia- (((((HUGS))))) Omg........I wouldn't have finished out the day! I would've told them to BITE ME. :mad: I know it's hard (because I would have been pissed), but it probably means there is bigger and better out there for you at some point. Maybe it was meant to be for you to have the experience of going through the motions again, so next time it's not as nerve wracking! Look at it this way, in the short time in between, you can really kick your workouts up a notch and go after those goals you're always so good at reaching!!

Trish- Ha! @ losing your post. :p Nice workout yesterday! I love working out ALL my upper body now, but biceps used to be my least favorite too! And always because they were the weakest! Now that I've seen some results, I guess they're ok....hehe.

Cookie- I'm sorry you haven't gotten a workout in! It's been awhile since I've missed one, that I forgot the comparison. I sometimes say I'd really be one hell of a whack job if I didn't work out. Because even though I do, I know I'm still a nut job, just not completely off the deep end!

Helene- Geeez, hope you're ok????

Deb- I'm not letting him! The only reason I started to is because of the PMS monster....which is still hanging around.....*sigh* Glad you got a bike yesterday!

Lori- I think you deserve a raise too!!! That would kinda piss me off if that lasted for a substantial amount of time. And DG, I just don't know....there's no way to avoid him most days. Unless he opts to stay away from me...........fat chance of that happening. :( I can't bring myself to just tell him to stay out of my life. I don't want to cause a scene......:confused:

Ok ladies, thank you for all your well-wishes on this exam!!! It's in two hours, and I"m going to go hop in the shower. I doubt I'll get a workout in today (or tomorrow), but whatever, for two days I think I'll be ok! Unfortunately I have to work tonight ( and a double tomorrow...blahhhh) BBL hopefully!

Morning,

I was going over yesterday's posts and ........ I can't find mine. Now seriously, where is my post from yesterday morning? :mad: How could I do it twice in a week when I never do it? Moving on......

Belinda: So I was saying yesterday that when I was young we had a dog, and all his life my mom made his food: meat (left overs from the butchers) that she cooked, rice, lettuce, oil for his coat and yeast flakes or wheat germs (can't remember) for vitamins. :eek: He was a lucky dog.

Lori: SOrry you missed me. I lost my darn post again! Can't believe it. I don't have much interesting or fun to say though. This week is really busy and DH and I are going away for the weekend. Can't wait.

Iris: You are going to do great. Get rid of those nerves. Now is the time to thing differently: It's almost over and that should make you smile going in to the test. I'll be thinking of you.

Amelia: (((((Hugs))))) again. I hope you did have a good day. That was not nice at all from them. But keep looking. I hope you can enjoy the time with your children. :) Please keep us posted on how you are doing!

Deb: Zumba and cycling are always your favorites aren't they? That's a good thing. Did DS ever get a new car by the way, or are you still chauffering?

Trish: All is good. But my back is still hurting so I am trying to keep it really low key and do a lot of yoga. All I want is to jump on that step but I can't seem to find the time this month.

Cookie: Keep us posted about your shoulder. I am so sorry you are still having so much pain and that they couldn't take a proper xray the first time. Yes, I haven't been working out as much and I feel more tired. But I don't know if I'm not working out as much because I tired :eek:

Anywho, got to get myself to work. This weekend DH and I are away. So you won't hear from me much :). Today I have yoga for lunch. It's been so busy with my parents here. We chit chat too much and I don't have time to workout as much. Maybe I should put a stop to it ;) But I am enjoying myself with them. DD is all over her grandma and it's really cute!

Girls, i just wanted to thank you for making me feel better:)

Belinda-So glad to hear Bowler is doing better and your accounts are getting straightened out. Enjoy your run today..

Lori-7am street sweeper? good grief:confused: Enjoy your workout today!

Iris-GOOD LUCK ON YOUR TEST! YOU CAN DO IT GIRL! lol at the next episode comment & thanks for the hugs!

i will bbl to report my workout, i think im doing as much as possible of IMAX2...i feel like stepping it up a notch today;)

Hey Helene! Glad your post came through this time...enjoy your time with your parents! Sounds like you guys and a little getaway planned for this weekend! Have a wonderful time!!!!

Hallo girls,

50 min run is done! Had an great run. I also did the stretch from GS legs! I still have to work my abs.

Iris GOOD LUCK TODAY, GIRL:D i WILL KEEP MY FINGERS CROSSED. DH isn't home yet? maybe next week:(

Amelia so glad you feeling better! You go girl, kicking it up a notch!

Helene I saw your post from yesterday. I am glad I am not the only nut with her pets:p I do beleive is better for them. They love it. I cook like 4 chicken breast with rice, they ate yesterday and will eat today. Not bad. I lost my posts so many times:confused: Glad you getting a nice break this weekend. Good for you!

Lori that's sucks! I would be pissed too! Enjoy your workout today.

Waves HI to the rest of the gang! BBL!

I rocked Imax 2

Nice run Belinda! WTG!

Im done with my workout. I took the dog for a 40min dogwalk then I did all of Imax2. So thats 94mins total and 624 calories burned:D MAN DO I FEEL AWESOME!

MORE GOOD LUCK VIBES TO IRIS!

Wooohooo! I passed!

Wow, this check - in is ROCKING IT today. Nobody can stop us today! :D

It took me about 2 hours to take the exam, and I found out right then and there that I more than passed. :) Then I went and had a cup of coffee with my mother and father, then came home, ran 3 miles, and did some of the floor work from GS, and of course the stretch. Took a long shower, shaved my legs ;) LOL, and now enjoying lunch. Girls, thank you for all your crossed fingers!! :cool:

Belinda- Nice run today!!! I'm sorry DH isn't coming home until next week...why so long??

Amelia- Holy moly, Nice Workout!! Keep it up!

Helene- How did Belinda see your post and I didnt'?? I will have to go back and look, now. I actually texted you yesterday! Maybe you don't get text? So where are you off to this weekend??

Ok I might be back with my cooking/food questions of the week! lol Unfortunately I have to work tonight. Part of me can't wait to stuff it up DG's *ss.......:eek:

Iris: WOO 2 the HOO!!!!!!!!! Yeah, I have texts blocked, sorry, the kids were messing with our phones too much and we have just the basic plans. But I can get voice mails :) About the test and DG, I think you should mess with him. Tell him he got you all upset stressed and nervous and that you think it factored into you not passing. That means the rest of the bar would play along. Alright, I'll stop here b4 everyone things I am just a mean old lady. What time do you start?!

.....back to work.

Food/Cooking Questions of the Week :

Where can I find..............

Rice Vinegar?
Toasted Sesame oil?
Fresh Corn Kernels? (wth?)
Avocodo oil?
Wheat berries?
Pine Nuts ( not as important, I've been subbing almonds, I love almonds)

Helene- Ok next time I will call you! I just hate to bother at work with a potentially loud ring...lol So about DG, I can play it like that , but it will all be timing! If he comes in later tonight, I can do that, if he's already there, it's going to be hard to hide because a.)my boss already knows and I'll tell Annie and etc when I get there, and b.) The general bar doesn't know my love/hate relationship with him, and I'd rather it stayed that way! All in all it's an awesome idea! Just to see the look on his face.................. I don't think you're mean at all! That's right up my alley! LOL Anyways, I start work at 5.........blahhhhhh, and it will probably be slowww...:(

Evening!

Iris: Ya lurking? :p How is the evening going? Good I hope.
Wheat berries (love 'em) you can find in the bulk section at the food co-op.
Actually you can find everything there I would think.
The fresh corn kernel I would assume you have to cook a corn on the cob and cut off (probably best with a pearing knife) the kernels when ready.
The avocado oil they likely have at the food co-op as well, I think by the bulk section but it is going to be in a fridge because I think it spoils otherwise. I know they have a bun of different oils in a fridge over there.
pine nuts are very different they are really small and they taste good (almost buttery). Here is a link to pictures: http://www.purcellmountainfarms.com/PINE NUTS.htm (I think I have seen them in small packages at price chopper). Rice vinegar you might also find at an asian market or asian section of the grocery store I think. As a side note, recipes are great but make sure you don't fill your pantry with things you are only going to use once in a blue moon. There are always good substitutions for a lot of things.

OK, see you all in the morning! :D Tomorrow is Friday, I got dinner with DH and the blue collar guys in the evening. :eek: Then Saturday we are off until DH until Sunday to VT. :)

Evening girls!

Iris: YESSSSSSSSSSS!!!! You passed!! I knew you would;) CONGRATULATIONS Ms. Trainer:D So, did you stick it to DG tonight at the bar? What's your next step now that you have your certification??

Today's wo was D14 (Legs). Had a great time...my hiney is already hurting:) I don't know if mentioned that I started back walking to work this week. So, that's 2.5 miles in AM and, if I can get out on time, I may do the same when I'm leaving, but, I will probably be too eager to get home to do that. Tomorrow will be cardio in the morning and pilates during lunch. Really looking forward to pilates again:)

Belinda - So sorry to hear winter won't leave you guys alone :( Maybe the weather will turn shortly. Glad Browler is enjoying his treats. Great job on your run today!

Lori - You are so tiny! How tall are you ? My teetering range is about 5 lbs:confused. I wish it were only a pound! Sending you sleep-in vibes!

Amelia - ^5 on that wo today!! I know that had to feel good! WTG girl!!

Helene - Lucky girl! I would love a weekend with DH right now. Weekends just aren't cutting it. I am looking forward to the summer. I don't think I will make any Saturday commitments since the girls will get swim lessons in summer camp. How good it will feel to sleep in on the weekend!! I like your way of thinking...DG needs to be messed with!

Deb - What are you up to today?

Cookie - Hope our shoulder and knee are on the mend!

G' night ladies

Hey Girls!

I haven't been back here since this a.m? Thought I checked in...guess I didn't:eek: I know I started to read thread but I guess I got busy again.

Today's workout was CC#7 (I didn't do the last seg). So I ran 6 miles and only did 3 seg of BC.

Belinda** Good job with your workout!

Ameila** Wow! You were a busy girl today. No wonder you feel awesome.

Helene** Enjoy your weekend get away with DH! I am sure you will have an awesome time.

Iris** WOO HOO!!!! I knew you would pass! I didn't know that you were going to get your mark back right away though. After I do an invoice I give it to my boss to review and when I am standing in front of his desk, I feel like I am in school again! So are you going to do anything to celebrate!!!???

I will bb in the a.m!

Trish** I guess we were checking in at the same time. I am only 5'4"...not that tall. Average I guess. My inlaws had a cake tonight for my FIL for his b-day. I couldn't make it b/c I had to go back to work. When I got home, half of the cake was sitting on my counter! Great...just great!:eek:

Hi Iris,

I was thinking about you today and wondering how the test was going.

Congratulations!!! you earned it:) and now the fun begins. I can't believe you received the results the same day that is great.

Hi girls,

Some crazy changes at work today, my boss actually sent an email today but not before I was :confused: will call her tomorrow and let you guys know when I have it straight. I'm glad I was able to spin, still deciding what I will do next.

DS's gf brought over Avatar and asked us if we wanted to watch it but it's almost 3 hours long. Looks like a great movie . . . may have to buy.

Belinda - Any word when DH can come home?

Lori - Aw, the temptation of cake on the counter;) your workouts more then make-up for it:)

Amelia - Wow, some calorie burn today:)

Iris - Can't wait to hear DH's reaction. You had me cracking up with the intro of the new "D" in your life:D

Helene - Perfect time of year for a getaway:) Have fun! My DS did get a car and it takes the pressure off.

Cookie - Your better off resting your shoulder before attempting anything.

Trish - Wow, adding 2.5 miles is alot to your busy workout schedule. When I worked in NY I always walked everywhere but here in NJ there are places that don't even have sidewalks:confused:

Good night:)

Hi girls,

Some crazy changes at work today, my boss actually sent an email today but not before I was :confused: will call her tomorrow and let you guys know when I have it straight. I'm glad I was able to spin, still deciding what I will do next after STS.

DS's gf brought over Avatar and asked us if we wanted to watch it but it's almost 3 hours long. Looks like a great movie . . . may have to buy.

Belinda - Any word when DH can come home?

Lori - Aw, the temptation of cake on the counter;) your workouts more then make-up for it:)

Amelia - Wow, some calorie burn today:)

Iris - Can't wait to hear DH's reaction. You had me cracking up with the intro of the new "D" in your life:D

Helene - Perfect time of year for a getaway:) Have fun! My DS did get a car and it takes the pressure off.

Cookie - Your better off resting your shoulder before attempting anything.

Trish - Wow, adding 2.5 miles is alot to your busy workout schedule. When I worked in NY I always walked everywhere but here in NJ there are places that don't even have sidewalks:confused:

Good night:)

Good evening,

CONGRATULATIONS, IRIS!:D:eek::D I knew you would pass! That is fantastic, girl! Now I can ask you for advice, my own personal trainer:p;) I am so proud of you! You can find:

Rice Vinegar? in Target asian section
Toasted Sesame oil? Target backing section
Avocodo oil? Target, they have small bottles, oel section
Wheat berries? I don't know!
Pine Nuts Target by the backing stuff! after you open them put them in the freezer!

Cookie, sending your lots of healing vibes! Hope you are resting your shoulder.

Amelia, nice cal burn today. Glad the walked helped.

Trish, nice job your leg wo plus walk today. Are you adding more cardio?

Lori, nice job with your 6 miler today. I always pictured you taller:eek: I am only 5'3:eek:

Debbie, keep us posted about the changes! I hope they are not bad ones! Nice job with your workout today.

Helene, have fun this weekend! Lucky girl!:eek: Nice job with your workout today.

Good night, eveyone!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.