Commit to get fit and lean for April 1, 2010

bayerngirl

Cathlete
Good morning ladies,

Today I will do cardio, not sure what I will do. Can't run outside , it's raining.

I will be back to report my workout and personals.

My best to all.

'Morning! Woke up early and couldn't get back to sleep.
Belinda, yeah on finishing sts! It's quite an accomplishment. Did you decide on a rotation?
Amelia, you've done so much, you'll figure out how to get those workouts in. Working and family are like three full-time jobs tho.
Deb, hey you're sounding like me with running around, vehicles, and sons. Did you get your wo in?
Lori, at first I thought you were having twins! Guess I was skimming over the past few days threads too quickly. Warm weather vacay sounds awesome.
Iris, Miley, Hannah, who's next Lady Gaga?
Helene, Insanity is crazy! I do like the plyos tho and feel my core working. 10 days in Disney will be heaven.
Trish, hope all is well.
I've just been swamped with work, family, and other things wearing me out. Also my mom is having another procedure on Friday, so I'm not sure about meeting Iris and Helene. I'll have to see how it went. Still getting workouts in, but I'm really just beat.
Cookie

Good morning Cookie,

(((HUGS)))) sorry you swamped with everyhing. I will keep your mom in my prayers! I am glad you still getting all your workouts in. I will do Debbie's STS/Leg rotation after my recovery week. I still get to do STS:eek: When was the last time you took a recovery week? Hope things get better soon.

Off to my workout! I slept in this morning, slept until 8 AM:D I am still tired. The meds are making me sick every morning:rolleyes: maybe I need to start taking them in late afternoon?

Good Morning Gals!:)

I decided to start my day early rather then not work out at all.....are you surprised??:p For some reason I don't feel tired even though I should. We didn't go to bed until 12'ish and then DS woke up and got into bed with us:confused: I wasn't sleepy at all...I think it was the diet pepsi I drank. I finally got to sleep and up again at 6. There will be enough going on at work today that I shouldn't get tired.

I check in late last night and nothing new has happened since....

Belinda** When I use to have to take meds that made me sick I would take them at bedtime. That way, if I got sick I would sleep right through it:) There were meds I use to have to take when I was pregnant with DD b/c I was so sick. If I didn't take them at night, they didn't stay down. The downfall with taking them in the night was that by 7 the next evening, they would be wore off and I would be sick all evening long!:confused:

Cookie** Yes...you read through the threads way to fast! LOL No twins here...I should knock on wood I suppose!

I will bbl to report my workout. I am not sure if i will get to sneak in from work at all. Tomorrow is a holiday so I should be able to slip into work a little later. I have a feeling my boss is going to be around all the time now, something we aren't use to!

Lori:)

Good Morning

I plan on getting in a workout after work this evening, not sure what exactly.

I checked in kinda late last night so i don't have much personals to catch up with..

Cookie-Your mom is in my thoughts today, i hope everything goes well.

everyone have a great day and I will bbl:)

Morning,

Belinda: So many workouts to choose from :eek: Another rotation sure sounds like a fun thing to do. There are so many good ones. Enjoy your cardio today. Are you taking iron pills? That stuff always upsets my stomach so I take it before I go to bed.

Amelia: I hope you get your workout done and enjoy the day with DH. Yeah on getting all these work calls. The only time that I found truly works is to get it done in the morning. Then nobody can take it away. But if your DH and kids are sleeping, it might be tough.

Iris: We are still on for tomorrow. I'll try to remember to bring my Tosca cookbook. Would you bring yours? So what do you think of running? Anyways, we'll touch base tomorrow Woohoo! :eek: I need some DJ or DG drama in the meantime.

Lori: Disney will be fun. 10 days will be awesome. It's such a calorie burner too with all the walking! OMG I was so sick with DD I don't want to think about it again either! They had to put me on meds too. It was one meant for people having surgery or chemo to help with the puking. I was a royal mess and was sick all the way into my 7th month :confused:

Cookie: Take care of yourself and your mom. You really have so much going on. So if you can't stop by we will miss you but that's OK. Lot's of Hugs and keep on trucking. I think that must be the term. Did the governor's announcement about not giving the money to schools yet have an impact on what you do? I hope insanity can help you stay sane. Hugs again.

Deb: So was your day as crazy as it sounded. I think the weather is finally turning. So we will be good for the weekend. Enjoy your day!

Well I got up early to work out, but it turns out, I am still pooped from last night's workout. So I'll try for tonight instead although I usually don't do good with that. In the meantime, gotta go to work.

Good morning,

Lori, have fun with your wokout today.

Amelia, have fun with your workout tonight and work.

Helene, you take iron pills? I need to start taking them at night too. How many are you taking? I am taking 2 pills a day:confused:

I am done with STS Cardio: MMA Boxing- Heavy Bag Bonus Only= 20 Min plus HiiT 40/20= 30 Min and Ab Hits "PS Legs & Abs from S&H Chest/Back 14.5 min.

I will be back later!

Omg I lost my post! S&*&*(!!

Good Morning Ladies

Rest day today because of the double yesterday, which really was awful, it was so dang slow. :mad: DG stopped in twice. First time to see what we were doing last night, obviously I was going to be at work, and now my schedule is interfering with his life....LOL Second time, to see what we were doing after work, which of course was nothing, and since he wasn't happy with that, he wants to know what he has to do to be a proctor at my a.c.e exam....great....LOL :rolleyes:

Ok so a couple of cooking questions.....
1. What is the trick to cutting a pepper? Does it require a degree? I think it does.
2. Still looking for the bee pollen *helene*
3. Can't find whole wheat orzo (just regular), I am going to sub brown rice...yes?
4. Isn't a scallion like an onion? Can't find it.....I need a map for the market seriously.

Just for an f.y.i. I will have weekly questions from now on! I'm sick of being in the dark! :(:confused::eek::p

Belinda- Sorry your meds have side effects! I hope if you take them in the afternoon they wont' get you up at night feeling sick. WTG on sticking it out with STS!! I think after I finish this rotation, I will also do FF's STS rotation. I am excited to hear your results and what you think!

Amelia- I hope your day at work goes well!! Have a great workout today. My mom's treatments are going better this time around. :) We'll know more in the next couple of weeks.

Lori- I thought I was the only one who associated a particuluar workout with a tragdedy. Looks like it's DM for you. LM for me. So your husband's store got robbed???? You know you gotta tell me that story. It doesn't surprise me that you woke up early to get a workout in!

Deb- Boy I hope you got your workout in! No way your DS could be mine. I hadn't even hit puberty yet when he was born....:eek: lol I don't have any Cardio Coach's....I would have a very hard time letting go of my own music!

Helene- Here's a tip! ****Nothing is too slow for me when it comes to running**** LOL . Especially on pavement, because I haven't done it in so long. I need to work myself up that. I'm going to start definitely on the treadmill for a bit, and then when I venture out, maybe we can go out on a Sunday or something and we can both take it nice and easy. :) That's awesome about your trip!!!

Cookie- (((((Hugs)))))) Maybe we can re-schedule? I'm so sorry so much is going on for you. I'll be thinking about your Mom, I pray it all goes well. Take care of yourself. And just so you know, I'm a huge Lady Gaga fan. Miley Cyrus? not so much, but I like the pants and the glasses....lol

Have a great day ladies...I may BBL

Iris,

a scallion is a green/white long onions, they usually come in a bundle 6 to 8. Here is a pic.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scallion

I cut my pepper, I cut it in half, shiny side down and cut! I fould this is the easiest way to cut it. Don't forget to cut the while part off the inside;)

Hope this helps! Happy cooking!

Last edited:
Hi girls,

I did get my workout in yesterday:) chest & back. I'm going to take a spin class this morning. I'm staying home to do computer work, so I will be be back later with personals.

Boy, everybody is up and at it today:) Have a great day!

Hello again ladies.

Belinda- Thanks!! That helps (about the scallions). Great workout today!

Helene- Okay I will remember the cookbook! And your little container. :) Well, hopefully I'll remember. Well DJ has been over already, and I know he'll be by again before I leave. But I just have this nagging feeling it's not over with DG :confused: I missed your post before, actually....lol So we'll talk more about the running thing tomorrow. I might actually change this time and wear a tank top out if it's going to be warm!

Deb- That's great that you got your workout in! Have a good day. :)

So I ended up just using Penne instead of Orzo...whatever...lol So I'll have that tonight with Salmon :D I cooked it now, so I could run later and then just throw the salmon on the george foreman, and voila! Have a great day ladies!

Hallo girls,

Cookie, you and your mom will be in my prayers. Take care of yourself!

Helene, awesome job with M2W4 chest and shoulders plus LM "7 blasts". Disney sounds exciting! Have fun with your workout tonight!

Lori, nice run yesterday. What did you end up doing with work? How is the new owner? Have you decided on where to go for vac? You are so funny, about the meds! LOL! That's good one!

Amelia, we know you have a lot going on! Glad you got to spent some time with DH. I agree, Debbie knows her stuff. I will do her STS/leg rotation next Monday.

Iris, nice job with your double wo yesterday. Enjoy your rest day today. So what are you cooking? Any time you need help, let us know! I always called my mom, miss her! I am defiantly gotten smaller in M3. I lost over 7 pounds in M3, so it did something. I just didn't see much in M2.

Debbie, nice job on your bi/tri wo yesterday. Enjoy your spin class today.

Trish, how you like Debbie's rotation? Come back, girl!

I will be back tomorrow! Good night;)

[FONT=Courier New, Courier, Monospace][/FONT]​

Hi girls,

I ran a bunch of errands will finish tomorrow. I also started to clean up around here. I may sidetrack and get B&G in today.

Cookie - My thoughts are with you and your Mom.

Belinda - When I was looking at FF's rotations I saw Sept.08 Leg Blast that caught my eye because it has some workouts I haven't done in sometime. I may do that one. I would try switching your meds to nighttime.

Amelia - Can't wait to hear how you day went.

Lori - So will the new bosses be around all the time too? Did you get your workout in before work?

Helene - Your right the weather has turned around:) Your back must be feeling better great job with your workout last night.

Iris - I don't think I ever saw ww orzo but it sounds good. Your becoming quite the cook:) I bet DJ doesn't want you to do personal training because then he won't be able to pop in anymore.

Trish - Hi

Enjoy the rest of the day:)

Hey girls...I just finished my workout,yay, i was tired but i made myself get dress and start it! I did 4ds LIS. My day at work went pretty good. It was kinda hectic at times because i didn't know anyone's name but at least i only have one more day up there then i don't have to know anyone's name;)

ok, i will catch up with everyone tomorrow:) have a good night!

Hey Girls!:)

Late check in for moi. DD is out, DS is in bed and DH is going to hockey! Its pretty quiet here now. Great time to catch up on personals.

Work was good today. The new way of doing things is pretty easy! I actually "listened" which makes things easier to remember:p Now I have to show everything to my coworker. It seems as if she isn't going to have that much on my plate which means....more money for me?? Why you ask? LOL She use to do the accounting so she made more money then me. Now that it appears she is relieved of her duties they aren't going to bring her down to my pay. They will be more likely to bring me up to her pay. I will let it go for a couple of weeks, feel things out just to make sure before I bring it up.

My workout was 3.5 miles on the TM, DWP and abs. I will have more time tomorrow cause its a holiday and no one will be around.

Belinda** Good job with your workout today. No descisions made of vaca, if there is even one! Oh well....next yr we will definitly be going to FL again.

Ameila** I am sure you will the hang of it and names will come naturally! LOL Im not good with names anymore either. Good job getting your workout in. Its tough when your not in the mood.

Deb** The new owners won't be around very often, if at all. They may phone from time to time but that's about it. The company is so big with other projects that we are just a small portion of it.

Iris** I cut my peppers the same as Belinda, I usually cut around in the middle first to get the stem and the seeds out. Of course some of them end up on the floor and then I end up stepping on them! Ugh! Yeah so DH's store was broken into about 3 yrs ago now. They cut the phone lines from the outside, which are linked to the internet which sets off the alarm. They cut the wires and then left for a bit, just to make sure no one would show up. Then they went across the st, hot wired a moving van and loaded her up. We watched the video of them walking out with piles and piles of clothes but of course we couldn't see their faces and they were never ever caught! Insurance covered everything but of course it took DH away from here for days b/c he had to do a complete inventory count in order to get their money back.

Helene** We are on the same page...pregnancy sucks! LOL I know disney is awesome but I am not sure I did enough walking to burn off those cinnabons! Yum! I came back 2 lbs heavier I think! LOL

Oh, so I signed my tax return forms today so they could be efiled. I looked at the return after I left and realized that DH didn't give him the receipt for child care...Hello?? So I have another $1520 to add to my claim yet. At the same time Im not sure how was getting back so much with no child care added in. I will be interested to see what the adjustment will be.

BB in the a.m!

Lori

Hello!

Belinda: I never had to take Iron alone, but when I was pregnant they recommended vitamins that were higher in iron and they made me really sick to my tummy (like I needed any help....). That was quite a workout you had today!

Iris: OK, I'll show you tomorrow how to cut the peppers. Maybe you can bring one and a knife :eek: The bee pollen I have I found at the green grocer on route 9. The health food store on western has it I think and maybe if you try at the coop. I saw it was cheaper at amazon too. Good job on the penne sub. Another thing that goes well with Salmon are other types of grains (wheat berries, bulgur etc).

Deb: Great you got your workouts in. Have you done enough running around for the week ? I imagine you wish you were still on vacation :eek:?

Cookie: Thinking of you and hope you are doing well. Huggs.

Amelia: Awesome job getting your workout in and going to work. WOOHOO! Too funny about the names you won't have to remember.

Lori: I am doing a late check-in too and maybe tomorrow morning I can not hang around too much and get a workout in 'cause I know it won't happen in the evening. I have a favor to ask you: would you do my taxes :eek: because my DH doesn't seem to come up with the same kind of number you do. :p That sucks about the store and the robbery. They knew what they were doing alright! Sounds like you should have a nice day tomorrow.

Trish: Are you lurking? I hope you are getting your workouts in.

Well the weather has finally taken a turn for the better. They say we are supposed to make it up to 77 tomorrow (that's 25C for you Lori :p). I am so excited.

Just did Circuit Blast and had a Blast. I think my back is all good now. My eating has been under control too. I hope it lasts. Iris, you keep me in check tomorrow night ;) I also did 45 minutes of yoga at lunch. All good!

Got my new workout clothes :D:D:D They are really nice, I was nervous about the one size fits most but they work out great. More motivation for me.

See you all in the morning!

Good evening or should I say Good morning to me:eek::eek:

Helene, I am suppose to take the meds early in the morning:confused: that's a great idea taking it at night Where can I find !wheat berries:eek: I tried to order some stuff from amazon, but the shipping was crazy. I ended up ordering from Vitacost.com instead. You having some nice weather, I wouldn't mind having 26C:confused: it's frezzing here today!

Amelia, yeah! You got your workout in! Good for you, girl! I have a hard time remembering names:(

Lori, hope you enjoyed your quited time today. Nice job on your workout today.

Debbie, yeah! you got your wokrout in today. Now you can relax!

I iwll see you in a few hours! I am still sitting here drinking my coffee. Will get my workout in soon. Last disc of STS:(

Good night everyone!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.