Commit to get Fit and Lean for 7/2

bayerngirl

Cathlete
Good morning,

I have M1 D9 (legs) on my rotation today.

I will be back to report my workout.

Any plans for this weekend?

Have a great Friday and workout today. You all rock your workouts, wtg!

Hallo girls,

I am done with STS Meso 1, Week 3, Disc 9, Legs :eek: Still can't do deadlifts, they hurt my lower back. I did leg curls instead;) Had a great workout. Need to start my workout at 7 AM, it's getting to hot in my workout room. I am one sweaty mess!

Squat Lunge Sequence 8/4
One Leg Sit 'n Stands - 16#/15 reps each leg
Lateral Step Ups - 21#/15 reps each leg
Leg curls – 50#/15 reps
Side Lunge onto 6" High Step - 28#/15 reps
45 Degree Lunge – 18’s/15 reps each leg
Narrow Stance Front Squats BB- 65'/15 reps
Static Low End Lunge BB – 55# /12 reps each leg
Plie Squats - 26#/24 reps
Leg Curls - 50/15 reps
One Leg Slide Back Lunge - 16's/16 reps each leg
Front Lunge BB– 65#/15 reps each leg
Squats BB– 65#/16 reps
Calf Raises BB– 65#
Leg Press - 20#/15 reps each leg
Leg Curls - 50/15 reps
Wall Squats Double Leg - 15's/8 long reps, I keep the weights in my hands, lol!
Leg curls - 35#/12 reps

Bonus workout:
Leg raises (r + L) – 24 reps
Outer Thigh – 24 reps
Hamstring and Glute work with Plate alternating leg – 8 reps
Hamstring and Glute work with Plate Both legs – 8 reps
Adductor Glide Ins – 8 reps
Adductor Hamstring Glide Ins – reps
Glute Pesses – 24 reps, these burned!
I will be back later! have a good one~!

Morning all,

Belinda: I got your PM, sent it on Wednesday. Did you not get it? Check your spam and trash boxes :p Let me know and I send again. Nice job on your workouts. Glad you have DS.

Deb: I'll come back to the orchids this weekend. Got a new one yesterday from DH. Good boy! I hope your hip think goes away REALLY quickly. There, now that I said it, it is bound to happen!

Licia: What rotation are you doing? I bet you are busy with all those animals too.

Trish: Wow, that is a good commute, but if you have the DDs part of the way that's nice. It sounds like this was one crazy week for you. TF is turbo fire. It's a new workout series from Beachbody. Like everything they do, it's expensive and I always feel taken for a ride, but I do enjoy the workouts they are fun. But when I compare to what you get for half the price with a Cathe series....... well it doesn't feel like your money is as well used. Anyways, the short of it is that I like them. So there's always that :rolleyes:

Amelia: The scale was way down yesterday, and way up this morning :rolleyes: but I am getting thinner, my clothes are bigger. I was not good with the food yesterday so it's probably a lot of water weight. Why are the up whooshes always bigger than the down wooshes? :eek:

Cookie: LOL at having them sign the agreement. You are going to get everyone doing that! You have been checking in a lot lately, are thing calming down a little bit lately. I hope so, you are soooooo busy. How is the streak going? You know I had to ask right ? ;)

Lori: So how was yesterday? Too funny about the dog not being able to keep up with you, or keeping up but only for the run. He probably got home and told your DH about the longest run of his life....... Are you making progress with the studying?

Iris: This PT thing is so exciting. You almost have me wanting to drop what I do and do that ;) It's going to be so much fun. And you are going to be such a great source of info. I think we'll be peppering you with questions. Hope you won't get sick of it.

OK, so yesterday was my and DH's 10 year anniversary. Food was horrible. Well it was good, but you know what I mean. I tried to eat little all day to have extra for dinner and it backfired because I had like 2 dinners. LOL. Better go burn some calories this morning. Well they do say you need a calorie surplus to build muscle. Think I'll look like Arnold after this one.

BBL

Morning Ladies,

Quick check in before hitting the shower. Took it easy this morning although my knee/shin feels a little better. Still going to hold of on LB and cardio for a few more days. I did Crunch Fat Burning Pilates. Didn't burn much, 186 cals, but it was fun and I like the vibe of the instructor and the music. Always meant to get more Ellen Barrett but never got around to it.

Belinda - Rockin' wo again! Very impressive weights for M1!! How was DS's trip? I'm sure he's happy to be home for some of mom's cooking:) Enjoy your day!

Helene - Happy Belated Anniversary!!! Ah, turbo fire! I think I read about it on the OD. With a name like that, I'm guessing it is high impact/intensity. Glad you enjoyed them and ^5 on feeling thinner;)

Off to the shower. Catch ya later at work.

Good Morning Ladies

Today starts the Cathy Savage training. I'm going to the Community Center with my mom (she's taking water aerobics)...I'm goign to try their weight room for Legs. I will bring ankle weights because I dont think they will have a Butt
Blaster Machine! So I will do prone leg raises/pizza presses in place of. I'll report the exercises later...this will be so different!! But first! I will go for a run and do abs. This training has me doing 5 days of cardio for 30 minutes!! :eek::eek: And a 4 DS strength routine. Today I will start with the B Workout for legs.

My intern hours got cancelled last night. :( I didn't know what to do with myself! I find that I can't handle big schedule changes.......I get depressed and more overwhelmed...LOL

Belinda- Great workout!!! I aspire to one day having your strength in Meso 1. ;)

Trish- Any doms from S&H?? Yes it is exciting about having clients...but nerve wracking at the same time!! How are your shins today? Is it just one side?

Cookie- lmao...NO I didn't hide the charger!! He had me all over my apartment looking for it over the phone...and THEN I had to wait for him to come back before I got in the shower *sigh* Another reason i just decided to take a rest day....:confused: I couldn't start anything until he came and left again, then it was going to be too late. You did the original Imax yesterday?? That one slays me....

Deb- It's funny DG was just saying he's been walking every night, and that eventually he'll try weights again. :rolleyes: Puffy face, huh?? You retaining lots of water for some reason? Stress? I'm glad you had a good time with your SIL's! There's nothing like good laughs with the girls!

Lori- Nice workout yesterday! How was the rest of your work day?

Amelia- Hmmm...I want to go on a trail, now!! So much fun. :D

Licia- Did you get your bike out?? I just think it's so awesome. I wont' get on one anymore, but understand why so many people ride them! I dont think our situations would be that much different. I work in a small gym in a "smaller" community I guess you could say. The gym is so small, I could never run even a 2-3 person bootcamp class...:confused: There's only one stability ball and one resistance band. THAT will be changing soon! lol

Helene- Are you kidding me? Sick of questions? As much crap as I ask about?LOL And you guys havent' gotten sick of my nonsense yet.....lol As fun as PT will probably be, it's stressful, because i feel like I have so much to prove! For example......my new client that starts next week *the only woman I have*, will be working out with me twice a week for 30 min. And really wants to concentrate on strength training on those days and cardio on her own. That's great, but there's a thousand and probably one ways I could work this. And It's HARD having only 30 min. to maximize strength routines and HOW will I work this 2 day split effectively. :confused: These things stress me out. And I tell you all of my insecurities with this because you all knew me "when", and I have nothing to hide or prove....LOL DC...he wants to run 5k....but gets bored so easily on the treadmill, even with intervals to start him out running....:rolleyes: He secretly drives me nuts (as my client). I can only imagine what the other two guys will have in store for me....lol

Ok off for a run and abs and shower before my mom gets here....I will report my leg workout later!!!

Be Well! (Snap Fitness Motto)....so cheesy...........but catchy....lol

Good Morning!:D

I had a wonderful sleep last night! We didn't get up until after 9!!:D I needed that I think.

I was irritated at work again yesterday. Sooooo....its a holiday...who comes to work on a holiday? I had a lot of work and can do it so much faster when there is no one talking to me.I think my coworkers and former owners don't really realize that we are busier. The old man comes in first that use to own and it and Im like "seriously dude....you need to get a life" Its a shame I guess b/c that was his life! Then of course my manager as to make an appearance, for no good reason. Then my coworker is around,drops a glass plate on the floor:confused: Then the old guy, who is home (he has a scanner at home and he can hear all the planes coming in and out) as to call me to tell me that I have a flight coming.....UGH!:mad::mad: Do you not think I know this already?? I just wanted everyone to GET!

I didn't have to go back last night which was great. We went to my MIL's to celebrate the holiday, kids everywhere and we had a bbq.Again I ate to much!:confused:

We are suppose to be going to a party tonight but I don't think I really want to.I think I would rather stay home and do nothing.It seems as if we have been on the go a lot lately.

Belinda** Your fun sounds like a treat! I make cookies at work in my down time and we aren't that busy with private planes but whenever I go back to work after days off, there isn't a cookie to be seen! So I wrote a big note the other day about laying off the cookies and all of the reasons why they shouldn't be eating the cookies! LOL My manager is probably the worst. He takes off with handfuls in his office. He must have went to the fridge about 20x's the other day, looked in it, mummbled b/c he couldn't have any cookies and walked away again! LOL

Iris** I can find lots of things to do with my time when I have a few hours to myself. Just relax if you have nothing else to do!;)

Deb** Hopefully your hip won't be causing you much grief anymore. Knock on wood, I haven't had an injury in a while but it can happen so quick!

Now....I read yesterdays thread and I have totally forgotten what I read!:confused:I am lucky I am even getting a chance to check in! LOL I have my two neices here again for an hour or so. I plan on going for a run later and doing LB and abs.

Lori:)

Morning,

Im trying to find another rotation to do. Yesterday i was skimming all the rotations and couldn't really find anything. I want something this is going to lean me out, particularly my legs. I don't want to build anymore muscle right now,just maintain what i've got. Guess i will just have to make one. I want yoga in there at least twice a week too. I was thinking about something like this:

Cardio + yoga
upper body
cardio +abbs
lower body
cardio + yoga
fullbody
rest

What do you guys think? On the days i do weight work im going to keep my weights at a moderate weight.

So anyway, I've got to go to the tag office sometime today, im going to wait until DH wakes so i don't have to bring the froggies with me;)

No workout yesterday, i just wasn't in to it. Took a rest day and it really helped. I feel pretty good this morning. Today will be a cardio and some yoga...

Belinda-I am always impressed with your workouts! WTG girl!

Iris-Have a good workout today

Trish-Nice job on your pilates workout

Helene-LOL at the Arnold comment. Yeah,that water weight will bite you in the butt,lol. I haven't weighed yet and im proud of myself for sticking to my guns. Not weighing until Sunday.

Hello to everyone...i will bbl to report my workout.

This is just a quick check in
I have decided that I need to make this an active recovery week. I am still having sinus headache troubles and with the medicine it is really difficult to do an entire session.
This morning I did 35 min of SPJ.

I was in the second week of Cathes December 2007 rotation. It is designed with the BB series. I think that I will be starting the second week over and modifying the days that have 2 strength workouts to be cardio and strength. That will be better for me.

Iris: We got the bikes all cleaned up and ready to go, then it started raining:(
I think that it is cool that you have such a great opportunity in your small town, I think that I will definately pursue my PT certification as planned:D Things may go as well for me as they are for you!

Belinda: I love your numbers! They get me excited about STS!

I know that I missed someone...Sorry.

My sister is coming from Oregon today. She is bringing my 2 young neices and my great nephew...I am excited.

Licia

LIS + level one of yoga meltdown done. Have a good day!:)

Licia-Have a great day visiting with your sister and nieces/nephew!

Hi girls,

I took Zumba today with a sub but she was pretty good. I have DOMS in my legs from my last 2 workouts. My hip actually hurt alittle more today . . . I guess that's what I get for shaking my hips:eek:

Just finished helping my younger DS pack for the Jersey Shore. He's going with his gf & her family for a week. So DH & I are going to dinner tonight since my older DS will be at work and staying with his gf tonight. A peaceful night:)

Belinda - Great workout! Do you do leg curls with a machine? if not how?

Helene - Happy Anniversary!!!! After 10 years of marriage you deserve a cheat day:) maybe even a week.

Trish - When I 1st started doing step I would get the worst shin splints . . . I hope yours feel better. I guess if we didn't workout we wouldn't need as much sleep:)

Iris - I wouldn't take it to much to heart with your clients you can show them the way but they have to put the work in to get results. From what I hear success depends on both factors it's not all on the PT, but I totally understand how it would be stressful for you. Wish I could find the perfect job/life without stress;)

Lori - I think your getting enough sleep for all of us:) Too funny about all the cookie monsters at your job:D

Amelia - I like the rotation you made, may want to give it a try. I'm wondering if you did running on one of your cardio days if that might help with your legs.

Cookie - I hope you had a good night's sleep:) Great job getting IMAX in. I had an appointment for my hip but needed to cancel it because I have to take care of something with DS.

Licia - Belinda is our expect on sinus problems:) I bet if we told non-cathletes about active rest weeks they would think we were crazy:D

Have a great day:)

Good evening,

Helene – no I didn’t get your PM! Did you sent it to my hotmail account? I think the price is stopping me from buying TF, lol.

Debbie – sorry, you still dealing with the hip issue. Make sure you do lots of hip flexor stretches. Nice job, on the Zumba today. Hope you had a great evening with your DH. My squat rack/weight bench came with a leg curl. You can check out my profile I have a picture posted. The leg curls work your hamstrings good. I can’t do any deadlifts, still too painful on my back.

Lori – why I am not surprised your dog couldn’t keep up with you, lol! Glad you had a good night sleep. Sorry about your work issue, must be frustrating. Have a great workout.

Trish – glad your knee/shin feels a little better today. Nicely done with the Pilates wo. Don’t worry about the cal burn, you still working hard. DS can’t sleep at night and during the day he sleeps, takes a few days for his body to get used to the German time zones.

Iris – how did your run go? Like your workout plans. Let’s see if I can keep up those weights in M2, lol! Why don’t you ask the question about your client on the OF?

Amelia – you rotation looks great, girl! I think you need to work abs twice, your choice! Awesome job with LIS + Yoga Meltdown.

Licia – sorry about your sinus headache troubles. Are you using a nasal rinse? Nice job, on SJP. Have fun with your sister/neices and your nephew.

Good night, girls! See you all in the AM!

Last edited:

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.