COMMIT TO GET FIT AND LEAN FOR 4th of July

bayerngirl

Cathlete
Happy 4th of July, everyone,

I will do some stretching today, that's it!

I will be back with personals, I promise!

Good Morning Ladies Happy 4th of July!!!

I'm going to attempt a run outside this morning (after I start laundry). I think I will lay off the weights today. I have no DOMS from my workout yesterday.....I think I will do my own weight workouts from now on. But will absolutely follow the Savage diet and cardio recommendations (starting tomorrow...lol) I will eat clean today, that wont be a problem (brining my own dishes to a party), but I wont eat at exactly every 3 hours! Or the exact macros!

Licia- Glad you enjoyed your hike!! I'm wondering if you'll have to resize your picture to get it to upload to here.

Belinda- So what stretching will you do? A Cathe or your own, or yoga? How does your son like being in Germany?

Helene- Wooo hooo!!! Maui here you come!! I can't tell you how excited I am for you. :) And I can't tell you how jealous I am of your calorie burn yesterday! lol

Deb- That's awesome that you make your own sauce! So what is different about your new bedding? Is it bigger so he doesn't steal ALL the covers? The waiter bought you drinks?? Oh boy! He must have liked your table! lol

Amelia- How's the weather down south? It's gonna be brutal up here today. I always think of living in SC when it gets hot like this, when it was like this most of the summer!

Ok ladies...have a wonderful day!!

Good Morning!:)

Another good sleep:) I love weekends like this and I hate weekends where I am tired when I go back to work.

I am not sure what today's workout will be. I planned on doing a long run outside, 20 k or so but DH has to do inventory and I didn't know that. I could get DD to watch him but she watched him yesterday and 20 k will take a while to do. It's also very dark outside....looks like it's gonna be a rainy 'ole day! So I'm not sure what we will do if it is actually yucky and we can't do anything.

Belinda** Hope you have a good stretching day!;)

Iris** Im not sure how you have the willpower to stick to such a strict plan. I just don't have it in me and when I tell myself I can't have something I am 10x's worse! Maybe if I were competing it would be different I suppose...especially if I signed up and was committed to it.

Ameila** Nice workout yesterday. I am sure you could switch up your workouts for a month just to see what happens. Do 4DS split one week, then something else the next.

Licia** Sounds like you had an awesome day yesterday!

Helene** I gots to find myself a friend with a pool!:D;) I called my "friend" yesterday for the first time in a long time. I knew she was having knee troubles when running so I told her about this supplment I use to take when I was training for the marathon and I didn't have any pain at all when I was training. I meant for her to buy it herself not for me to buy it for her....she says "o.k...you order some for me and pay for fast shipping" and I'm thinking there is a reason why I told you the website and the name of the product.....use your own cc! So I think I will hold off on buying some more until I have to train for the marathon b/c she can order it herself. It's one of those things where I probably won't see my money. Not cause she's not good for it, but b/c she will probably forget.

Deb** The door doesn't revolve here to much yet b/c when she goes some where she is usually to far away to dart back inside. The race I want to do is just a 10 mile one, nothing crazy but its pretty big here and they always have a good turn out. I think this is the 83rd race and this will be the 3rd year I have done it, if I do.

O.k....I think that catches me up with personals. Im sure you guys will be having a great holiday!!

Lori:)

Morning Happy 4th of July!

Today's workout is a cardio,im sure it will be step and some yoga, this time im doing Rodney. Probably walk the dog this afternoon too..that was nice yesterday.

Well, its been about two days and the water in my pool is still GREEN:mad: Anyone have any experience with this? We put a bag of shock in there, then a pool supply store said I needed some algaecide, so i got a bottle of that and still no change...its a lighter color of green:rolleyes: so today's agenda is to get the pool crystal clear again. Its so frustrating...

Lori-Hopefully the weather will clear for you and you can run outside today! Switching up my weights sounds good...thanks for the advice.

Licia-Nice avatar! Nice hike yesterday!

Iris-Enjoy your run. The weather has been in the 90-95 degree range for the past few weeks, but yesterday a cool front came in and its pretty nice out...

Belinda-Have a nice stretch and Great 4th!

Last edited:
Morning Ladies,

Another good night sleep for me. I woke up a litte earlier than yesterday, but I got to lay around which was nice. I did do PUB last night with my new dumbbells (oh what a difference new weights make!!). I'm hoping DOMs kick in by the end of the day. I really worked my chest and biceps hard! I skipped on abs since I did a pilates core workout yestday morning, but I'm not feeling a thing this morning so I think I will do PUB abs after cardio later today.

Belinda - I was just searching netflix for stretch DVDs. Didn't find much that I am impressed with. Which one are you doing? Did you make it to any parties yesterday?

Iris - Be careful out there. It's going to be a hot one! Do you carry water while you run? Have a good time at the party.

Lori - You and I are both getting good sleep! As a matter of fact, after I finish this post, I'm headed back to bed;) What a lazy bum!

Amelia - Oh man! Green water in your pool?? I don't think I could ever have a pool..too much maintenance. But I guess in the south, it's a must! Enjoy your cardio wo today! Still haven't gotten my Rodney DVD yet:confused:. Maybe by next weekend. Any plans for the holiday?

Helene - ^5 on the movement on your tape measure. I picked up a new one yesterday and hope to re-do all of my measurements either today or tomorrow.

Deb - Today will be my laundry day. Yum, what kind of sauce did you make? I am hoping to get my cooking out of the way today and tomorrow. How was ME yesterday? Any DOMs? I'm doing my best to stay out of malls, stores, etc. You're right, though, free time could lead to a lot of extra spending!

Licia - Love your avatar and DH's(?) cool hair! Enjoy your stretch today.

Cookie - How's your weekend going? I'm worried about your hair again:p

Hope I didn't miss anyone. Have a happy 4th!! The girls have a Toy Story 3 playdate. After that I will do some grilling and put my feet up!

Just finished my workout. I did 4DS chest and back, then a 11 k run outside in the rain! Temp was perfect. I had a bowl of All bran with strawberries and bananas about 4 hours ago and would you believe Im still not hungry! Maybe that's what I should eat every day!!

Ameila** Hope you get your pool prob fixed! We don't have a pool. We use to have one when we were in our other house and I think it was bother then it was worth....of course, I didn't do anything with it! Im only going by what I heard;) We were looking at old pics the other day and there was the pool, in this tiny back yard. DH didn't want to put it back there but when else were we going to do with that backyard. There was barely enough room to turn around. I would like to get one of those blow up water slides, have you seen them. They are about $300 or so...i think DS would really enjoy it.

Trish** GOING BACK TO BED?????:eek: Get up!!! LOL I don't feel the need to go back to bed and b/c I started my workout so late, the day feels like it is almost over. Its almost 2 in the afternoon! Time off goes by so fast. Back to work tomorrow and DS's first day of preschool!

Lori:)

workout done. I did 4ds HIS then some Rodney power yoga. My wrist were really hurting during that yoga..weird?

Lori-I've seen those pools your talking about, DH wanted to get one so he and the kids could play in it...they look fun.

Trish-Yay on the new dumb bells. I need to get some twenties...i've got up to 15lb DBs. And yes, I'm starting to think that this pool is going to be a lot of trouble and the up keep is getting to be expensive. It sure is fun though..lol.

ok, so off to walmart again to get some ph leveling stuff after testing the water im pretty sure that's the problem. Cross your fingers for me...

Nap over. Workout complete. iClimb 25 (42 mins, 5.9 mi, 486 cals) + PUB abs. Off to Toy Story 3. What a great Sunday!

Lori - I am being kind of a lazy bum. Having Saturday off has made me into a lady of leisure. Plus having Monday off means I can delay a lot of house work ;) Nice job on 4DS + your run...in the rain??

Amelia - ^5 on your wo!! Why do you think your wrist is bothering you? This is a wo that you've done before, right? Hhhmmm...may need to give it a rest for a couple of days. I got 15s and 20s and now have my eye on 25s:confused:, but first I need a dumb bell rack so I can keep things organized! Fingers crossed on the ph stuff;)

BBL

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.