COMMIT to get FIT and LEAN 1/30

punka274

Cathlete
Morning, i have no idea why I'm up so early on a Saturday morning:eek:

My official weigh in day is tomorrow but i was smiling this morning...down 1.4! Exactly what i needed to meet this months goal.. feels so good.:) lets hope it sticks for tomorrow's WI so i can change my ticker.

I'm not sure what today's workout will be, i haven't had a rest day this week so maybe i will take one today.

Trish-I pulled out my crockpot yesterday for a 15bean spicy soup..it was good. Chili sounds good right now...

bbl

Good Morning Ladies

Today will be disc 7. I'm pumped going into my second month of STS. :D I haven't lost any weight, but that's ok. I haven't gained any either! I will tell you one thing, though, if I get anything out of this it will be some ripped arms...lol. I've already noticed a big difference, and I'm only on Endurance! So I'm excited about that.

Amelia- Congrats on the loss!!! Take a rest day, you've worked hard and have had a lot going on!

Lori- How's the stomach holding up? lmao @ poopy bum. I hope your DS wasn't too rambunctious yesterday....;) And yeah in the grand scheme of life I make decent money for a single girl compared to others. The down side is no benefits.....and I don't come close to making what I used to since the economy has gone down hill. But I still do ok to make ends meet and a little extra, and Im happy with that!

Deb- Shoveling takes a lot out of you! It's a whole workout in itself! Hope you got the workouts in you wanted yesterday.

Trish- Pole party?? Did I miss something? Are you dancing? :eek: yeah dust off that crock pot Im going to post the recipe (that I dont' even follow exactly)...LOL

Hi to Cookie and Helene...where are you neighbors? Ohhh I remember Helene is away...

and Cookie- Did you see our thing about wanting to go to Barcelona's sometime when Helene gets back?

Ok gonna go grab the cookbook!

Okayyy...Tosca Reno's Crock Pot Porridge

INGREDIENTS:

1/2 cup / 120 ml Cracked Wheat

1 1/2 cups/ 360ml Steel-Cut Oats

1/2 cup/ 120 ml Rye Flakes (don't know what the hell these are, so I picked up a 5 grain plus Flaxseed mixture that had rye flakes in it?, and used that instead!)

1/2 cup/120 ml Brown Rice

1/4 cup/60 ml Wheat Germ

6 1/2 cups water or any combo of liquids including rice milk, soy milk, almond milk, goats milk and/or water to equal 6 1/2 cups.
*** I use water....and add a bit of milk when i go to eat it! I also use 7- 71/2 cups because my crockpot cooks it a bit fast overnight and the first two times were a bit dryer.

1/2 cup Raisins
1/2 cup Chopped Dates
1 1/2 tbsp best-quality Vanilla
*** This past batch I also used Almond extract
Pinch Nutmeg
*** I love nutmeg...I go to town with it...:eek:

PREPARATION:

1. Place all ingredients in a 3 quart or greater crock pot. Stir well to combine all ingredients. Cover.

2. Set on lowest cooking temp and cook overnight. If your crock pot cooking time is set by length of cooking time, set for the longest cooking time and lowest heat.

3. Spoon into cereal bowls in the morning and serve piping hot.

NUTRITIONAL VALUE PER SERVING:
** 8 one-cup servings**

Calories: 313
Calories from Fat: 29
Protein: 10g
Carbs: 63 g
Dietary Fiber: 8g
Sugars: 12g
Fat: 3g
Sodium: 3g

Good Morning!:)

Not sure what the plans are here today. I am off this weekend and all we have all the go today is a hockey game tonight and a party after wards. But I have already made up my mind that I am not drinking. I will probably have 2 drinks and that's it. I'm hoping to get a good cardio workout in today and disc 12.
Does anyone else do all the deadlifts on the high step? I never do any of them on the floor. No matter what kind of deadlifts Cathe is doing I will do the ones like what is in ME. Working from the bottom to my knees then back down again. That really gets my hamstrings good! So those are the ones I do all the time.

Ameila** I remember my weigh in day use to be Sat but if Fri's weight was lower then Sat's I would log it in anyway! LOL So my weigh in day would vary from a Fri to a Sat depending on my weight loss! So I would consider it a loss if I were you. But then again , the scale may be down 2 lbs tomorrow morning.

Iris** The porriadge sounds good but it makes me want to use to the washroom;):p Then again, everything makes me want to use the washroom these days! LOL Are you working this weekend?

I need to read yesterdays thread to see what I missed. I did a 6 mile run on the TM yesterday and that was it.

BBL!
Lori:)

Deb** I'm sure you will get disc 11 in today! Shoveling is a good workout as well. Everyone here is starting to feel better, although my nose feels more stuffed up then it was before.

Trish** Sounds like you are going to have a interesting night! You may have to get a pole installed in your bedroom;) Im sure your DH wouldn't mind!!! Hope your day isn't to crazy!

BBL!
Lori:)

Good morning girls,

I did get Disc 11 in yesterday. Today I'm doing Disc 12 legs last workout before my active rest week:) So DH hurt pulled his hamstring stretching before running. I'm not an expect but I told him I don't think your supposed to stretch cold muscles even though he has been doing it for years:confused: We're going to dinner tonight will try and be good:)

Amelia - I bet you can't wait until tomorrow . . . can't believe it's the end of January already but very happy:)

Iris - I need to crack open that book the receipe sounds so good. I agree I think STS really gets the arms good.

Lori - How was your Grandma's party? You must be so excited to have the weekend off:) I too am going to watch what I drink, have fun at your party.

Trish - You'll have to tell us about your pole party.

Cookie - I hope you get to relax this weekend.

Hi to Belinda & Helene.

Have a great day today:)

Hey there! How's everything this freezing cold day?
Belinda, glad to hear you are out of the hospital. Sure wish they knew what was at the heart of the problem, but am glad they're still investgating. Please do take it easy.
Iris, lol at u with the wth re rye flakes! Talk about understatement - the first two were dry - one was roasted! I've never made that crockpot one but have done her baked one. Made her broiled grapefruit from her other book again this morning That's yummy. The boxes were very heavy, but I think it is the awkwardness of the angle of the lift that aggravates the traps. That, plus I tend to hold stress in my neck and shoulders.
Amelia, very sorry about your dh. Congrats on the wt loss. How big is your lake? Did you take a rest day?
Trish, don't know about the others, but I sure want to hear about this party! Have fun.
Deb, my dh never stretches. Gets up and runs or does NordicTrack - just crazy. How long will it take his to heal? Still haven't taken a Zumba class. Have fun.
Lori, hope the poopy bum time has past. I like doing deadlifts on the highstep also, but do whatever Cathe is doing. They're one of my fav exercises. Are they one of yours?
Helene, hope your vacation is warm and sunny.
Did sts this morning. Felt good to do wts, but am feeling it a bit in those poor traps. Need to get in cardio this afternoon to try to catch up on workouts. Friends over for dinner this evening and tomorrow is the home show. Want to get some ideas for kitchen, baths and flooring. I can dream!
Cookie

Thanks Cookie and Debbie!

I am so glad I am out of the hospital! I was hooked up to IV's the entire time. Next week I have to workout full speed, I am getting a 48 hour holder monitor. Can't slow down now! I posted on the OF! DH and I arvery excusted from the hopital/ test they been running on me! I have so many needle holes, it's not even funny!

Last night I did D 11, since I am still very dizzy/nausea I took it easy. Today went to the gym, ran slow for 2.50 miles + walked 1/2 mile!
Tomorrow I will do D12! Next week is my recovery week, since I do have to go full speed (doctors orders), I will repeat STS W 4, than take a rest week. I will check in again tomorrow!

Thanks for your support and prayers!
Hugs,
Belinda

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.