Cold Coolers Week of Dec 15th

lvnascar

Cathlete
Today I'm hoping to get to the gym for a swim. Oldest DD has an English paper due tomorrow, so she may not be coming with me. If that is the case I will drag my youngest with me. :D

Patricia, Oh I think that you will like Imax, it is a tough but fun. I don't have that problem with my DH, he doesn't like to drive. Most of Kimberly Spreen's workouts are kickboxing. The Cardio Camp workout is a combination of Hi/Lo and Kb. She does three cardio segments which include a Hi/Lo then a Kb. At the end she combines all the cardio and then all the Kb segments. I think she is very good with the lower body none weighted type work.

Jeanette, If I'm able to follow Kimberly on her Hi/Lo then it isn't to complex. :eek: We went shopping for Cami too, and I'm sure she will love her new deer squeakie toy! So now she will have her squirrel and deer! Wonder why they don't make squeakie cats! :eek: LOL! Because those are the animals that make her prey drive go into overdrive! :D

Laurie

Last edited:
Evening

Laurie - you're right about COLD. Well, it started out warm, we had rain and all the snow on the road melted but by day's end WINDY and COLD. Our driveway is a skating rink.

I did Results - Upper Body circuit routine, so 2 out of 10 days of the rotation done. My outer thighs and calves are sore from yesterday's w/o.

Morning,
No workout for me yesterday as it was my rest day, but today's workout was a premix from Cardio & Weights.

Patricia, yuck on the skating rink driveway. We have a little snow. DH plowed the driveway with our 4-Wheeler that has a plow attached. Works great.

Laurie, did you get that swim in? Wish we still had a pool here, but it closed about 5 years ago as it was old and dangerous(?). No funds available to rebuild I guess and the taxpayers keep voting it down.

Morning!

I have gotten a BBC Cardio workout in so far, and will tackle Back & Biceps at the gym tonight.

Patricia, Sorry to hear that you got the ice on your driveway. We started out with the rain, and then it got cold. Just happy we didn't end up with the ice problem.

Jeanette, Those pools are expensive, so can understand why they didn't want to pay for it anymore. :( But it is nice to have available.

Are you both visiting family for Christmas? We will be heading to my parents on Christmas Eve.

Laurie

Well, DH took DS out for dinner and a haircut so I got my w/o in right after work. 3 out of 10 done now. Results - Lower Body circuit. Just as I was finishing up DH called to say the truck wouldn't start again. So went and picked up DS and brought him home as they were only 5 min. away, had just enough time to eat my dinner when DH called to say the tow truck had arrived, so out the door we go again (did I mention its COLD out) to pick him up at the mechanics - about 15 min away. Been expensive week for this truck, just glad it isn't happening over the holidays.

Busy at work trying to get things done before the holidays. Always stressful as people are wanting to get paid before the year-end and hard sometimes to get all the paperwork pushed through to make it happen.

Laurie - yep, going back down to T.O. for Xmas/Boxing Day to visit my family and then DH's. Have invited some friends up from T.O. for the last week of Dec. as we haven't seen each other since we moved 1.5 yrs ago.

Have you all finished your Xmas shopping yet and wrapping? Still trying to decide what to get DH for Xmas. I got him a GC for Bass Pro Shop and some stocking stuffers and trying to decide what else to get him. I usually leave the wrapping to the last minute but will try to tackle this weekend.

Have a good evening,

Morning!

Todays workout will be Quads & Abs plus the Quickie workout on PY4H.

We are supposed to be getting a major snow storm or rain, depends on how far the front gets pushed. My DD's are hoping for the snow! :rolleyes:

Partricia, Oh you are further ahead on your shopping for your DH than I am. I still don't know what to get him. I have an ornament! :eek: I didn't want to venture outside yesterday either, but sometimes you are forced to. :rolleyes: Sounds like you will be having fun over the holidays, and driving like us too! When is your last day of work before the holiday?

Laurie

Did everyone see the packaging question that was posted on the STS forum. We are suppose to be getting a 100 page user guide.:eek:

Laurie

Good evening,
Had no time to post my workout this morning as I had to get to work earlier for a breakfast at my DH's workplace. I made a French Toast Casserole for it. Yumm! My workout this morning was Push/Pull. This evening was supposed to be the Garage Boys spin session, but it was just too cold. I just wanted to come home and warm up by the woodstove (which I did). Maybe next week will be warmer, but I'm not seeing that in the forecast.

Laurie, I told DH he could buy a TV to put up on the wall in our bedroom for his Christmas present). We've never had a TV in the bedroom, but it would be nice as I'm usually using the TV in the living room every morning with my workouts. Then maybe I wouldn't feel like I had to shorten them so he can watch TV too. Hmmm, I'll have to get DishTV set up in there too.

Patricia, I have wrapped nothing yet. I always procrastinate on that. Hope the vehicle problems are behind you. Our Jeep is still in the shop and I'm missing driving it on the ice. The heater in that is so much better than the heater in the 1985 Ford Ranger I've been driving on the snow/ice. Asked DH to check on the Jeep tomorrow.

Must run,

Good Morning Coolers

Did my Results Dvd - Upper Body and HIIT. Gotta love these 30min w/o's. Anyhow 4 out of 10 done.

After dinner went outside to play in the snow with DS. It was somewhat warm out so thought better to get out while its nice.

Going out for drinks after work for the co-op student send-off. Probably won't be out too late and still need to get my w/o in tonight.

Laurie - I saw that post about the packaging. I'm glad to hear it as it sounds like we might need extra help to figure out what to do.:D Still on the fence about doing 1rm. I'm wondering now if I have enough weights. I don't own a barbell and 20# is my highest dumbell. I just don't think I want to go heavy on my legs. I indicated to DH I wouldn't mind a weighted vest for Xmas but he didn't seem too keen on it. (He never buys me fitness stuff that I request:() I'm working right up to Xmas Eve - only 1/2 day. DH is making breakfast for everyone here at work and I'm bringing DS in with me so will be an easy a.m. for sure. Then a 4hr drive south to my sister's.

Jeanette - what is a french toast casserole? Just the name sounds like something I would want to make. The truck is all fixed again (fingers x'd). At least the last repair was free too. I've been sitting in the basement watching t.v. after my w/o's each night with the gas fireplace going. Nothing like it.:D

Have a good day all.

Morning!

Todays workout is Chest & Triceps.

We are suppose to be getting lots of snow starting around midnight and continuing through the day. Chicago is suppose to get more than we are, so I'm going to count us lucky! :eek: LOL!

Jeanette, That casserole sounds really good. DH and I would like to get an on the wall TV for our bedroom too. I would like to have more floor space, and it would be so much nicer when you are lying in bed to watch a TV mounted on the wall. :)

Patricia, I have not wrapped anything yet either, will have to get my DD's to help with that. :D Your drive is just about as long as mine will be on Christmas Eve. Ours will be about 5-1/2 to 6 hours depends on how the roads are. You are heading south, and I am heading north so we will probably be around the same latitude. :D

Laurie

Good morning,
Today was the up premix from Pyramid Upper Body, without the abs, then added on Christi Taylor's Fit To Dance Cardio abs. Yesterday was Fit To Dance Cardio for about 50 minutes.

Laurie, are you buried in snow yet? Wind sure blew here last night with some snow, but not much. The thermometer is at 35 F right now, much better than the 3 degrees a few days ago.

Patricia, here is the link to the French Toast Casserole recipe:
http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/...casserole-with-maple-syrup-recipe2/index.html

It sure is a goodie. You can eat it without the syrup and it's still good. Glad all is well in the vehicle world with you.

We had a potluck at work. I didn't pig out too much so that's good. Glad it's Friday!

Morning

Yes we are burried in snow! I didn't go into work this morning because of it. When you have a snow drift in front of your garage door, and the snowplow makes a two foot pile of snow at the end of your driveway you really can't go anywhere fast! :rolleyes: LOL! DH and the girls just finished with the second pass of clearing the driveway, because of course they all had school/work cancelled. I called in, because it was not necessary that I go into work today.

Don't know what my workout will be, but it will be some type of cardio.

Jeanette, Have a great day today, and I'm glad that it has warmed up for you. Right now I think I hear a snowmobile going through our neighborhood. They should have a great fluffy base for running those machines.

Laurie

Good Saturday Afternoon Coolers

Lets see, did my Results DVD last night - upper body HIIT. today will be the lower body HIIT. Once that's done it will be 7 out of 10 days done. I'm maintaining but not losing but who expects to lose at this time of the year:D:D

Laurie - I saw the news reports last night of T.O. and can only imagine what you guys are getting down there. We're having a sunny day here but -25. DH has gone out snowmobiling this afternoon and don't envy him;) Has the snow finished up with you now?

Jeanette - love the look of that receipe and it pretty much has everything that I stock in my cupboards. I think I'll be making it sometime over the holidays especially since it can be prepared the night before.:) Are you off over the holidays? I'm off from Xmas Eve at lunch until Jan. 5th so a nice long break.

Okay, off to try and get DS to nap.

Hi Coolers,
No home workout this morning, but did go to Garage Boys at 10:30 this morning. Had a good spin. The fellas did a Spinerval and I did a Cardio Coach. CC#5 to be specific. I enjoyed it much better than any Spinerval. After that, I left and visited my DS#1, then purchased a couple of gift certificates at the local bow shop (bow as in bow and arrow). Came home, watched some of a golf tournament on TV, vacuumed, did dishes and just puttered. DH went to Reno today to finish up some Christmas shopping of his own. Tomorrow, he and I are going to church to watch the grandchildren sing Christmas songs. I plan on doing some grocery shopping in the evening and maybe even wrapping some presents, though it's still early :p. I did go thru my recipes to pick out the ones I'll be using for Christmas Day. DH is making chili for his co-workers on Wednesday and wants me to make my cornbread.

Patricia, I'm only off on Christmas Day next week. Have to work on Friday. The following week, I'll work M-W, then off until the following Tuesday. I'll trade your time off for mine, okay? We were just notified that all State workers (we'll see which ones are really affected), will be required to have a 2 day a month furlough. Means no pay for those days off. This will start in February and go thru part of 2010. It comes out to a 10% pay cut. The good thing is I have a 5% increase coming this next month so it will really be a 5% decrease from my current salary. This is our governor's way of helping balance our terrible budget. Things are not good. There are supposed to be layoffs coming too, but I've got 18 years of seniority so shouldn't be affected.
Hope you like the casserole. My family loves it!

Laurie, that snow does not sound like fun at all. Do you ever snowshoe or ski? I was thinking of doing that today, but had too much puttering to do. I really don't like to go by myself out in the country as I'm always thinking about mountain lions. Now in a group I would be less scared. I've been out X-country skiing before and started wondering, hmmmm, I wonder if something is watching me.:eek:

Must go, not sure what workout I'll do tomorrow before church. Maybe a kettlebell workout.

We're home! Not sure whether to put a happy or sad icon. :D:( Great vacation and loved the tropical weather but so glad to be home. The Minneapolis airport was closed due to the snow yesterday so our flight was cancelled out of Orlando. Took us 24.5 hrs to get from Orlando airport to our home airport. :rolleyes:

My goodness, the snow we have here, it must have snowed non stop the whole 11 days we were gone. We went from +30 to -30 temperatures today. (Celsuis)

I picked up the mail and didn't notice any STS in there. :rolleyes: I have the whole week off so will be back to catch up on personals should go pick up some groceries if the car will start. (of course will need to shovel first)

Evening Coolers

Stayed up until 3am last night to finish watching Season 2 of Heroes so no w/o for me today. Drove about 1hr to a nearby town to run a couple errands then home and relaxed.

Kim - A big hello. Oh my 24.5 hrs to get home. I could have driven home in that time from there:p Well, glad to see that you're off and not having to rush back to work. Yea, doesn't sound like STS will be shipped out until Jan and I find it takes longer to x-border so I'm not expecting it until end of Jan. Seriously thinking about ChaleneExtreme in the meantime.

Jeanette - I made the French Toast casserole and really loved it. Neither DH or DS wanted any of it. Oh well. I think next time I'll make a 1/2 size and skip the topping b/c of all that sugar. I think it's a really good receipe for company. I probably wouldn't be off so much except DS's day-care closes Xmas Eve until Jan. 5th so I just matched it.

Laurie - did you dig your self out yet?

Off to get some Xmas wrapping done.

Coolers,
This morning's workout was The Kettlebell Way - Empire State. I got a good little workout, but I've found that the weight of the KB (and I'm talking an 18#er here) stretches out my left elbow, leaving it a bit sore. Doesn't bother my right one, but I have a bit of a problem with the left one anyway, I'm thinking hyperextension. Afterwards, DH and I went to church, then came home and shoveled a bit of snow. I did get my Christmas grocery shopping done so glad that's out of the way.

Patricia, glad you liked the casserole. Think my sister is making it for their Christmas breakfast for all her family. I'd love to have more time off for Christmas, but think I will just hold off to take time off during better weather. Besides, the other gals had beat me to the schedule already.

Kim, so glad you had a good vacation! We missed you on here. Did your Mom enjoy the trip too? Hope you can get the car dug out. I had to finally do a little shoveling this afternoon and my back was a bit tired from it. just not used to it I guess.

Laurie, hope you didn't get stuck in a snow drift somewhere!

Jeanette

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.