(((( :: clean-as-a-whistle wednesday :: ))))

CollinsMom

Cathlete
"Clean-as-a-whistle" -- Is that even an expression? Or did I just make that up?

Katie is late, be back after my shower!

Love the title, Katie!!!
Have a great WO this morning???? Enjoy that shower!

-
Quick hello then i'm off to the races!

How'd everybody do on the challenge yesterday? I'm doing core today so I'm late....but I will get it done!

Cardio on for today while Isabel is at school & J naps. Im thinking Imax 3! sweaty fun!

Meeting Wednesday, Colleen????

from last night....

Lisa, Planning TWO WEEKS ahead?! You're good! I try to get a game plan on Sunday when the grocery ad comes out and shop accordingly. Then I can add on any wierd ingreds I might not have.

Better jet....

I slept late and so I only had time for half of my wo (meso 3 week 3 chest and back) but I ROCKED it. I will squeeze in the other half sometime later this week I promise.

Weight is holding steady so it looks like I've dodged a bullet with yesterday's minor indulgences. Today will be CLEAN AS A WHISTLE!

Be back at lunch time -- hopefully!

good morning!

katie, good job qith your wo. i hate it when i only get half done. enjoy your day.

kate, i love imax 3 blasts. may have to do those tomorrow.

yesetdray's challenge was great - load s of veggies, and did 2 sets of 100 sec planks, 100 weighted crunches, 100 of a combo of rollins (1legged and 2 onto toes), walk outs, hanging knee lifts, and 100 bicycles. ran this am but planning on ub later - maybe bm2 2x's? i need to use my weighted gloves to up my weights slightly. eats will be clean. yesterday was really squeasky, so i am motivated. bbiab

Today I have to clean out my whistle for sure.
Y-day was cheat-myself-day. Shame on me.

Katie you are up to week 3 :D how do you like it? I'm going to do my 100 count planks today and some figure 8s with medicine ball.

Is it possible to lose 4# of water weight over night? I did.

w/o Amy KB surge premix...I'm surprise I don't have Tracey kickbox strike.

b-egg frittata with broccoli, cheese, peppers
l-tuna sandwich and apple
s-peanuts and protein water
d-1 cup baked ziti and lots of veggies
s-?

good morning!

katie, good job qith your wo. i hate it when i only get half done. enjoy your day.

kate, i love imax 3 blasts. may have to do those tomorrow.

yesetdray's challenge was great - load s of veggies, and did 2 sets of 100 sec planks, 100 weighted crunches, 100 of a combo of rollins (1legged and 2 onto toes), walk outs, hanging knee lifts, and 100 bicycles. ran this am but planning on ub later - maybe bm2 2x's? i need to use my weighted gloves to up my weights slightly. eats will be clean. yesterday was really squeasky, so i am motivated. bbiab

Great core work!

Morning!

I love the title too! Another low key day here-just cleaning and cardio on tap. I'm thinking an incline walk on the treadmill. I did some core work last night during DWTS-25bicycles, 25 froggies, 25 crunches, 25 hip lifts, and 2 2minute planks! Thanks for the motivation Katie!

Way to lift Katie! I really need to get Darrin to spot me-I'll be using 35#db for bench next week and I'm scared!

Kate, hope J naps better for you this time so you can get ALL of Imax 3 done!

Good Morning!

Well yesterday my boss and I had it out so things are better for now. I was really busy so I didn't get a chance to post. I got home late and then I had to make dinner since Chris made it Monday night. By the time I finished everything I was tired. Sorry I didn't have a chance to participate in the core challenge. I am focusing on getting my physical therapy exercises done this week and I am struggling with that.

Katie, sending you lots of clean eating vibes. Hope the extra sleep this morning helped.
Kate, I love good sweaty workouts.
Klaudia, good job on the core work.
Morris, good idea using the weighted gloves with BM UB.
Robin, Wow 4#'s overnight? Drink lots of water today.
Lisa, I used to grocery shop 2 weeks in advance but then we decided we wanted fresh meat and veggies so now we are going once a week.
Anne, hope you are having fun in Ohio.
Angie, are you back yet?

w/o was HISM
b: oatmeal w/ almonds
s: almonds
l: grilled chix parm w/ ww pasta, cucumbers
s: strawberries & yogurt, mixed veggies
d: date night

Ended up going out to breakfast-had a pancake and a half, a strip and a half of bacon, and a bowl of fresh berries. My friends had white chocolate chip pancakes (4!) with raspberries and whipped cream! Dessert for breakfast:)

Morris, great job on the challenge!

Robin, don't be too hard on yourself! Your menu looks great today!

Colleen, glad you could resolve your work issues. Have fun on your date:)

Did half of Imax 3 then 10 min on the versaclimber. My legs were feeeling BLASTED already from Plyo lEgs last night!

Katie, OOh, I HATE only getting in half of a weight WO! Good for you for giving it your all tho! Yay on the scale!

Morris, HOORAY for you and your clean eating!!! Once the ball is rolling its not too hard....It's just getting the momentum going that can be so challenging sometimes!

Robin, I'll take a 4# loss! Pass osme of that over here!
Have fun with your new WO!

Klaudia, Great core owrk!! Hope your walk today is a good one too!
OMW on the panckaes your friend had! GUT ACHE! I bet they were delicious tho!

Colleen, YIKES on your day yday! Hope things stay smoothed over w/ your boss!
^5 on your WO today!

Angie, Are you home yet?
Lisa, Hows it going?
Anne, Hows Ohio?

Klaudia next week will be week 3 for you?

Colleen enjoy your date night. what kind of physical therapy exercises do you do...stretching?

Kate what STS week are you up to?

hi everyone. what a morning. finn woke on the worng side of the bed - even dumped his milk on the floor at breakfast! we went to the wild animal park, and now he says he wants to take a nap. lets hope so! got my weights done, and eats are good so far, but i am in snack mode. just ate 100cal popcorn and 1/2 apple (extra snack), but i can now not reach for choclate or cookies:)

klaud, good plank work yesterday! nice break too!

kate, great wo. i bet your legs are smokin.

robin, so did you lose 4lbs or gain 4 overnight?:confused:

colleen, date night sounds fun. what is on tap?

angie, how are you?

katie, hope your day is clean.

lisa, i usually have trouble planning more than 4 nights in a row:(

time to hit the books - aidan, please let me study! and i desparately need some plate weights - even with the gloves, i need something between 16lbs and 20

Robin, next week is week 3! I can't believe I'm almost done!

Spent the last hour dealing with my insurance company and the urgent care/hospital that treated Milla a few weeks ago. The hospital billed it as an emergency but diagnosed it as gasteritits which our insurance doesn't consider an emergency, despite the fact that the kid had an iv bolus (sp?) for 2 hours! Now I have to write a letter to the appeals dept. telling them why we took her to what we thought was urgent care-her symtoms, etc. so we can appeal the $660 bill!! Good stuff.

Lunch was good-leftover blackened tilapia, brown rice and a bit of broccoli-need a few more veggies:) Snack was peanuts. Not sure on dinner. I'll workout in a bit.

Morris I ate like a pig y-day and felt bloated so last night I weighed myself and was 4# too heavy but this morning I was back to normal.:rolleyes: So maybe I went sleepjogging last night. You can also use 1 or 2# wrist weights to help increase your weight load.

YAY Klaudia you are almost there. Don't worry about next week is really not that bad ;). You only have to do six reps at 90%.:) really I think week 4 was harder.

I had to pick up my son from school. His chest felt tight so I had to give him an asthma treatment. This happen every time he catches a cold.

Hey friends!!! I'm home!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

I'm so glad to be here. Our flight was long. We sat in the "bulk-head" row so we couldn't lift up the arm rests so the girls just could not get comfortable - especially Ellie. I felt so bad for her but was so frustrated because she was like have asleep and crying and just wouldn't settle down so I was about to rip my hair out. The drive home from the airport is almost 2 hours and we came home and all climbed in my bed and Ryan went to work. He came home 5 hours later to find us all still in bed. :eek: Oops... so much for taking care of jet lag. So, it's 10 pm and the girls and I are still up but I'm hoping to be in bed in about an hour and a half or so.

So, despite my initial goal of not gaining weight while in IL, I gained 5 lbs! It was just so ridiculous and we were constantly eating. But, both Ryan and I are determined now and he's been working out consistently the last 2 weeks so I think we'll be on track. So, I'm tired of talking about getting into shape and ready to just do it.

Katie, saw your post on fb about your WO! Way to go! You're a rock star!

Kate, I've only done Imax3 once and I want to do it again but it's going to take me a bit to work back up to it, that's for sure!

Morris, your ab workout sounds great! Keep up the great work. What's the move date?

Robin, isn't it crazy how our bodies react when we eat junk? I'm so ready for a detox. Sorry about your son's asthma! :(

Klaudia, I need to take your advice and do workouts while watching TV! It would be so beneficial, I'm sure!!! Sorry about your insurance issues. What a pain!!

Colleen, what did I miss? Why are you in PT? Is everything OK?

Anne, what are you doing in Ohio?

Hi Lisa! How's it going? Did I see that you plan for 2 weeks worth of groceries? That's crazy!

So, I need to figure out how to get my eating worked out. I had dinner with my friend in IN who eats pretty well and she had sweet potato fries that were so good - I can't even find sweet potatoes here. :( How many of you count calories? They stress it so much on the biggest loser. I also don't quite understand how to up/modify calorie intake in accordance with calories burned during a wo.

Anyway, have a few things to unpack before I head to bed.

It's so good to be home and back to "normal."

XOXO
angie

Kate - Yay for getting your wo done. I normally do once a week, but I'm trying to cut down on my grocery shopping time. I do a lot of chix and that is bought frozen so I figure I can stretch it for two weeks menu wise, but we'll see. I might still need to do a short shopping trip for fresh veggies and fruits, but not for anything major.

Katie - I forgot about my planks! Duh, ok, for sure tonight since I have weights anyway.

Robin - 4lbs overnight! Did you eat a lot of sodium prior?

Morris - I have those days like Finn also, lol! I'm trying to do the menu. I really need more organization in my life.

Angie - Glad you're home and sorry about the flight. I used to count calories on an excel sheet. It did help me lose the extra weight because it helped me to see portion control. I don't do it anymore though.

Colleen - Sometimes a hashing out with the boss is good. I've done that many times.

Klaudia - Hope the insurance issue resolves. That stinks!

Hi Anne!

Busy day again. Does it ever slow done? Gotta go to the store before kids get home from school then off to find a dress for dd's school program. I have weights in store tonight. I'm thinking a premix of something. We'll see.

Lisa

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.