<><><>Clean-it-up-Weekend<><><>

angie_mitchell

Cathlete
Morning girls,

I had a massive stress eat breakdown last night... I shoveled food into my mouth as though I was never going to eat again. Thankfully I don't feel that gross this morning. Unfortunately it's our day we're celebrating Mother's Day and Ryan's making eggs benedict which is SOOOOOOOOOOO good but I'm not really all that hungry.

I'm going to try to get that power yoga video in sometime today. We're going to a church "fete" (party) as well. Hopefully that will be fun. My foot is still sore but not as bad as last night. Won't be doing that walk again for a while.

Kate, sorry about your cooking/snacking. I agree with you and Patti, I love to eat fruit while cutting it up!!!

Patti, glad you found a new snack you like. I really miss Trader Joe's and Whole Foods! Nothing like that here! My MIL just sent us a box of stuff and now at least I have Clif bars, Kashi cereal, and the kids have their Annie's products that I don't feel so bad about. Everything here is JUNK. Oh, and please explain your screen name!

Colleen, so sorry you had an awful week! Hope you get some rest and relaxation this week.

Anne, sorry you couldn't make dinner with your friends. That probably would have been good for you. I know I could use one right now!

Katie, how's the cake baking? Hope you enjoy CS!

Robin, sorry about the snickers attack! Hope you have a good weekend!

Morris, I'm sending you house selling vibes. What are your thoughts on my foot? It's like it was rolling to the outside. So it just hurts on the edge... like a bruise more than anything. No swelling and it doesn't at all hurt to the touch. Hope your time in bed with your book was nice.

Good night Lisa, sleep tight! Hope your swim went well. Is your birthday today or tomorrow! HAPPY BIRTDAY!!!

Klaudia, so sorry about the redwings! I hate it when teams lose at the last minute. We have had to watch Illinois lose bball at the championship, the Bears lose at the superbowl, and the cubs have multiple really good seasons only to blow it in the playoffs! UGH. I hate to love sports.

Ok, have a great weekend all. I'll check in later!

Morning Angie! Sorry to hear about your tumble off the wagon last night. You seem to have a good attitude about it, though... Just forgive yourself and move on!

Cake stuff is going alright - I didn't get as far as I wanted because I ran out of stuff. I need to head to the store for a couple things after the grad ceremony this morning.

So that plan for today is - run (7ish miles) - grad ceremony - store - nap - grad party - cakeMAX alllll night long!

Headed out for a run - bbiab!

Tried to do Brian Kest's power yoga and I hated it. I can't find a yoga I like. I haven't tired to many to be fair but I just don't get into the "find your inner self" stuff. I just want to stretch. Now just considering stretch max or CS... I don't know.

Katie, good luck with your run and with cake max!!

angie, way to catch up on personals!:eek:
sorry abt the food last night...:( enjoy your eggs & the rest of the day keep it clean! have fun at the fete & remember your goals.... cruise, baby!!!
ick, i dont like that spiritual kind of yoga either.....

katie, sorry abt the cake progress... i have stayed up too late too many nights ... i feel your pain!
have a great run!

-
we'll be at libby's open house all afternoon. planning on no cake!!! all of our meals will actually be at home so i just have to keep my nibbling in check. i can do it!!!

not sure what my wo is! its raining so i dont know abt a run:confused::confused:

good morning everyone! happy saturday.

angie, sorry about last night. as far as the foot, i get paranoid b/c i am so active. i cannot stand being laid up without a good reason so i would go to the dr to rule out a stress fracture or something really awful. just my 2 cents.

katie, good luck today. what a busy day you have planned!

kate, what kind of granola did you make? that sounds good. have fun at the open house, and sorry for the rain. we had 1 week staright of rain, but today looks gorgeous, thankfully.

colleen, sorry for the bad week. anything fun this weekend to take your mind off it?

patti, what are you guys up to this weekend?

lisa, how is the ankle?

hi robin - what was your meatless meal?

hi anne, what are you doing other than diriving?

fun easy run this am and kb hi intensity drills from kpc and abs. time to clean amx. uh oh, naughty behavior from boys. bbiab

Good Morning Everyone,

I only a few minutes because I want to wrap up some work stuff this morning - I was tired and grouchy last night so who knows what my emails would have said if I did it last night. Then I am scheduled to do MM (I did get all of my workouts in this week) and maybe through in some kb's or cardio. Eats were okay this past week but the scale is down probably because I didn't have time to snack.

Angie, sorry about the stress eating last night. Enjoy your Mother's day breakfast. I agree with Kate - keep reminding yourself of your goals - it really helps.
Katie, sorry about the frustration with the cake - I have been there too and it sucks.
Kate, I love it when my meals are at home so I don't have to figure out what is safe. Enjoy the open house today and I am sending you no nibbling vibes.
Klaudia, sorry about the red wings.
Morris, great workout as always. I really hope you find a buyer for your house.

BBL!

mm ub done! i worked HARD..... and my vein was POPPIN!!! love it!

daaaaang, katie! way to work it!!!:D:D:D

colleen, wtg w/ the wo's despite the busy week!!! awesome!

morris, pb granola in the recipe section here.
glad your wo was fun!:D

-going out to do a few errands... m staying home w/ all the girls!:eek::D how am i gettig such good fortune today?:D

Morning! I did Muscle Max this morning. I haven't done this one straight through in a loooong time- usually use it as an UB premix. Holy night, I forgot how many reps she does for squats and static lunges. :eek: I only had 60# on the BB for the lunges and barely made it though.

Kate: Sending you no munching vibes! I do that at parties like that at times- hopefully there is a veggie tray. Thanks for the heads up on the granola- Jeff wants some! I'll try it today.

Katie: Good run! Have fun cake maxing today.

Lisa: How is the ankle today? Do you have more UB work on the agenda?

Colleen: Way to get those WOs in despite a busy week. Enjoy MM- I did, except that beginning leg part! I think I went too heavy. :eek:

Angie: Oh I have been there on the food! I feel ya. I like your attitude of moving on, though. I would try CS- good stretch and no touchy feely stuff. I think Brian is kind of weird too.

Morris: I like those drills from KPC- I think that one is on my rotation next week. It's been a while for me on that WO.

Robin: Snickers makes MUCH more sense to me than sneakers, lol. Hope you are A-OK now.

Anne: Are you having fun with your parents? I hope so.

Klaudia: What are you up to this weekend?

We have to go buy a mattress for Max today- the crib is over. He escapes. :) ILs are coming to watch the kids so Jeff and I get to go buy a mattress and then have lunch out by ourselves! Ahh, the bliss. I think we are going to City BBQ- they have a great salad with excellent grilled chicken. That's safe and yummy. Other than that, we are low key this weekend which I love. Oh and I think I have a 5K tomorrow that I forgot about! Oops. I can do it, but I'm the girl that runs an 11 minute mile. :p I am such a slow runner! Anyway, it is an all women race- called the Dirty Girl!

BBL!

Morning

Angie enjoy your mother's day breakfast. Classical Stretch has my vote. Kate turned me onto it and I love it. It's true stretching with muscle work also.

Katie busy morning and let us see how the cake turned out. GREAT run. You are doing so well.

Kate enjoy the open house and try to portion out your snacks.

Morris LOL my last meatless meal was a pasta with white sauce and corn bread. My next one will be a bean-type meal. Not sure what.

Colleen good going with the w/o this week. MM is one of my fav and it always makes me sore.:)

No w/o so far except yard work for 1/2 hr. The landscaper is coming on Wed so I don't want him to think that I wasn't taking care of the land...even though I wasn't. I had to come inside because I was getting over heated.

Only plans for today is to go to the park.

Hey all,

Just got home from the fete and it was really nice. The weather today was gorgeous. I got introduced to an Australian woman named Rebekah and she has a 3 year old little girl. She was sweet as can be and the closest person to my age that I've met since we moved here. I can see her being a good friend and our kids playing together. It was a huge morale booster. I didn't really even feel like going out and I'm so glad I did.

Katie, awesome run! You are really getting good! I'm so jealous!

Kate, thanks for the reminder of my goal! Sometimes it's so hard to see long term - especially when you don't see results! Today is a gonner because Ryan is making fet alfredo for dinner which is my all time favorite so I couldn't say no. I'll be good this week and get all my WOs. I miss cardio though! I really do. You are really having good fortune today though!

Morris, glad you had a good workout! I love high intensity drills. I promise I'll get my foot checked out soon if it continues to bother me. I'll have to b/c I miss working out!

Patti, sounds like a fun day. I would love a date with Ryan! And LOL on forgetting a 5K - I'm a slow runner too! Good luck!

Robin, the park sounds wonderful. Stay cool! Thanks for the CS suggestion! I'll probably check it out.

OK, gotta get dinner started for the kids. PBJ for Annabel... not sure for Ellie. BBL

did i say something about getting to be alone???? dds came w/ me! :rolleyes::rolleyes: i'll be thankful they love me & want to be w/ me! :p

patti, im jealous of your lunch w/ your dh!!
good luck w/ the 5k!
does it make you sad to get your baby out of the crib?

robin, boy, do i hate yardwork!:p

angie, so mnice r cooks so much! wow!!!

outta time....open house....bbl

kate, have fun at the open house!

angie, enjoy dh's cooking - so nice!

robin, do the kids do yard work with you?

katie, great run! you must be cakemaxing it.

hi patti - enjoy lunch with dh. i lovvveeee date time with dh.

well, 1 showing down, 2 to go. finn is in bed "tryin" g to nap. aidan will go down soon, and i am going to do some leg work. we spent the morning in the sandbox and at the playground. it is so nice out today. hope to go for a walk later or maybe to the beach. bbl

Seems like MM is the workout of the day! Maybe I'll do that one too today!

Angie - Sorry about the binge fest last night. I hope you're feeling better today. I have btdt before also. Glad you met a new friend and your spirits are up.

Katie - Wow, great run. Sending good cake vibes to you!

Kate - DH is watching the kids for me right now while I'm supposed to be balancing the checkbook and paying bills. I'm taking the girls with me after this to do some shopping and DH will take ds. My girls want to be with me also so I know how you feel. Hope you do get some alone time maybe later today?

Morris - Fingers crossed on your open houses today.

Robin - I loathe yardwork, but love having a nice yard. Have fun at the park.

Patti - Have fun mattress shopping. Oh and I'm a slow runner also. I'm at the 10 min mile mark on good days and 11 min mile on not so good days. I'm sure you'll do awesome on your 5K.

Colleen - Yay for the scale being down! Isn't it funny how not snacking can do that?

Hi Anne, Klaudia!!

I've been such a bad poster, but I'm telling you that this ankle stuff has put a dent in my timing! It's much better now and thank you all for asking. It is bruised terribly, but looks worst than it feels. I think I should be able to light jog tomorrow and run by Monday or Tuesday. I miss my cardio! My scale was down today, but it doesn't count since the scale went up last week. Oh well, I'll take anything right now being I'm immobile. Oh and today is my bday so I will be hopefully having a stress free day. Fingers crossed. Family comes in tomorrow so I might be here sporadically. They are flying in tomorrow and here until Monday. Then my nephew who stays with us for the summer will be here from Monday on. You have all inspired me to do some MM today. UB only probably. We'll see how the ankle feels. Gotta run some errands than take dd to ballet then do a Costco run for next week homelunches I have to make. I haven't made a home lunch in forever for the kids. Have a great Saturday ladies!! Oh and eats have been clean except dinner last night was not so clean, but today I'm determined to keep it clean. Toast and boiled egg for bfast. Lunch not sure, but probably a salad.

Lisa

Happy birthday Lisa! I hope it is a good one. LOL on MM being the WO of the day- I thought that too! I'm happy the ankle is A-OK and on the mend.

Angie: Forgot to answer- orphylea was the name of some character in a play I worked on in junior high, believe it or not. I can't even remember the name of the play. I always use it as a user name b/c it is always available! I'm a dork. :D

Morris: Fun morning with the kids- I love the park b/c they always take great naps after that. :D

Lunch with DH was SO NICE. We chatted and I told him about my MM WO and how I overestimated the weights for the squats / lunges. :rolleyes: My eats were very clean- they have the best salad there at that BBQ place so it was easy.

Off to pick up the race packet- I need my dirty girl t shirt!

happy b day lisa. so glad the ankle is on the mend!! have a fun family time. how old is nephew?

patti, great lunch and time away. have fun with the race.

finn napped! i did leg work and feel great. eats are 100%, and dinner will be tuna and brocoslaw (finn loves that). dh signed a lease for the house in florida but is already complaining that he does not want all my exercise equipment out in plain view and the house has no basement. any suggestions? treadmill is a must, and step is easily hidden. how do ytou all store your dumbells? what about barbell? the house has a family room i am hoping to use for playroom and exercise, but it opens into the living room. i have been spoiled with a basement here in maine. thanks for any input

morris, glad you had a good day!!
not sure on the wo equip!!! ours is all n the basement. katie keeps hers out...maybe she can help.

patti, your lunch out sounds lovely!!!

lisa, happy bday!!! enjoy your day!!!
you are a good woman to have your nephew stay w/ you.
how do you deal w/ the cimpany w/ all you already do???

anne, howd it go w/ your parents?
klaudia, you ok??? hope just busy!

-
open house was nice. no cake for me!!!!
katie, are you cakemaxing yet?? got your altoids???

Kate: Yay for no cake! WTG!

Morris: Hooray for naps and nice clean sounding dinner. I don't have a suggestion either, unless DH agrees to dedicate a closet to store it in b/t workouts?

I didn't eat enough today and I have been starving this evening. I kept it in check and ate within my calories for the day, all healthy food- but I did EAT. I wanted JUNK, though. It's scary the cravings that happen when you don't eat enough. :confused:

Patti, I HATE being hungry at night! Keep that water intake up! So often I'm actually thirsty when I think I'm hungry.:confused: Way to go on keeping it clean despite the cravings!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.