()()()()clean-it-up-monday()()()()

angie_mitchell

Cathlete
Morning girls,

Had a surprise french lesson this am so will have to WO this pm while Ellie watches TV or something... ugh. Oh well - I NEED TO LEARN FRENCH!

Going to eat and pick up girls for lunch. BBL.

Sorry I never made it back yesterday afternoon -- my day got a little crazy!

Angie, yes, I really have come to love running. I'm absolutely addicted. I think that what makes it so appealing is that it is so HARD, yet I am doing it. I spent the first 26 years of my life convinced that I couldn't do it. Now that I have discovered I can, I'm hooked! Have a good french lesson, and please don't feel guilty about letting Ellie watch tv while you workout -- you are setting a good example by showing her that exercise is important.

Morris, Collin was with his day Saturday afternoon thru Sunday afternoon. He goes with him for about 24 hours most weekends, but his Dad is a Marine and is about to activate so who knows once that happens... Running today? Is DH home?

Kate, you are the DEVIL for showing my that recipe! This is my last week of STS and I am going to take a recovery week and then dive back into meso two for another 4 weeks until my vacation. Glad your run went well. I think committing to the 5K is smart. If you find in a few weeks that you don't love it, then stop. No harm, no foul.

Colleen, sorry about the nasty gram. It blows my mind that some people have the nerve to be so rude to others. I am not cut out for the corporate world for that reason -- my skin is not thick enough!

Klaudia, sounds like you had a busy weekend too. What are you planning to do after STS?

Lisa, how was your weekend?

Anne, where are you? Should we be worried?

Yesterday was absolutely crazy -- we went all over creation trying to find what we want and here is what we came home with.

This table:
http://www.target.com/Home-Wellingt...ie=UTF8&node=13914491&frombrowse=1&rh=&page=1

And these chairs:
http://www.target.com/Home-Comfort-...ie=UTF8&node=13457611&frombrowse=1&rh=&page=1

We are having a huge Memorial Day cookout next Sunday -- we are calling it the "1st Annual 'We're Still Married' Memorial Day Cookout" since we were married one year ago on the Sunday before Memorial Day. It's gonna be a busy week around here since it rained most of the weekend -- we have to stain the deck, hot tub, put the hot tub back on the deck, put together new furniture, clean the house, get food, etc. Oh, AND work 40 hours this week (more like 60 for Chris!).

I am repeating STS m3w3 chest/back today since I didn't finish it last week, and then I will move on to week 4.

Gotta run, BBL!

So this has not been the day I expected... Surprise French lesson and now I am sitting in my car on the side of the road with my kids because my car died!! My dear friend Kate is coming to get us and called a tow truck but I am blocking the entrance to a house and someone is mad at me and I can't explain... Ugh!!!!

oh, angie!! im so sorry! i hate car trouble...even worse w/ the language varrier im sure!

katie, cute furn! nice to be able to just spray off the table...and no winterizing too! our table is wood..and so pretty, but a pib to take care of!
lol @ your bbq name! wish we could come!
i think im doing the same thing w/ m2 before our vaca!

-
must eat clean today. yday was good except for the cake slice but i want 100% today and blast it, im gonna get it!

m3 wk3 sh/tri/bi tonight. laura said she wanted to lift w/ me tonight....but i wanna lift this wk alone! 90% 1rm takes concentration, man, and i need to be alone. we'll see....

sil is coming over w/ her kids today. we have a strained relationship at best. shes young and v immature. m said i shouldnt have invited her...but thought mauybe it would help....sigh....its HIS family for goodness sake!:rolleyes:

NO PRESCHOOL TODAY!!!!!!!

Last edited:
Kate, thanks for the compliments on the furniture! Our previous set was a glass table (hate to windex a table before I eat, will NEVER do that again!). I am also psyched about the folding chairs -- they are very comfy, surprisingly so, but we can get them out of the way when we need the space. And re:Laura, I would NOT let someone jump into STS at Meso 3 week 3 -- BAD NEWS!

Angie, do you have an app that will translate from English to French?

good morning.

angie, so sorry for the car trouble that is the worst!!!

kate, great run last night, and great job pushing thru the running. good plan i think. good eat vibes today.

katie, glad you got the furniture, and what a fun party.

great run this am despite being tag teamed last night -finn and aidan - 1am and 3am:(. ah well. i am in aidan's room at school all day, so not sure when i will be back. eats will be super clean. i did get my ub wo yesterday, so i am clear for the day. bbiab

Morning!

Trying to plan out my day-I must get to the grocery store and it's looking like Nevena has to come with. We have nothing! Darrin stopped to get me a loaf of bread and came home with Wonder-white!! Today is a cardio/abs day, either kickbox or another Low Max premix. And I have a walk-a-thon meeting tonight.

Angie, J'esepere que la lecon de francais a bien passe? Je suis desolee que Les Blackhawks ont perdu hier-pas vraiment;)

Katie, your party sounds so fun! Not sure what we're doing this weekend other than me going to a wedding shower for Darrin's cousin. He'll probably work Monday:( Not sure on what I'm doing after STS-debating doing another month of Meso 2 or switching to full body. I don't know!

Kate, how'd the run go last night? Good luck with the SIL. I have two-one who's 34, married with a todddler and one who's almost 28 and lives with her boyfriend. I get along with them, but have issues with them, too. Especially the older one-the way she treated Darrin when her daughter was born still has me upset. I know I need to get past it, but it makes me sad and mad still. Angie's pics of her new niece brought tears to my eyes cause we don't have a single one-we weren't allowed in the hospital for more than an hour on the day she was born and that's it. Her only brother never held her there or her nieces. She didn't even get on the phone the day after cause she was eating! But her husband's family had all kinds of visits and pics. Ok, now I'm steamed. Moving on!

Morris, have fun in class!

Hi Robin, Anne, Colleen, and Lisa!

Morning ladies

Sorry about being MIA over the weekend. We were planning memorial day stuff and i had company over.
Congrat Morris I knew that you would pass your test

Colleen she spent money to send a telegram just to insult you...maybe she doesn't have a life. How in the heck does she expect you to read email fri eve.:rolleyes:

Katie I'm proud of you for keeping up with your running. You are doing your heart alot of good. 1st Annual 'We're Still Married' Memorial Day Cookout...too funny:D

Angie sorry girl! Is that the same car you just got fixed!

Kate good luck with SIL. is she the type that talks before she thinks? I agree with Katie there is no way she can jump into M3, especially if she has never done cathe before. She won't understand it.

Morris keep it clean and try to get a napmax.
---------------
Well the weekend was 90% clean...we had a brownie attack.

Today I start my circuit rotation with k-bells, ellip, step etc. I'm making it up as I go along but it looks something like this:
m-circuit
t-cardio kickbox
w-circuit
th-cardio interval or HITT
f-circuit
s-steady state cardio

The circuit will be ellip for 10min, then k-bells, then ellip...something like that. I'm going to try to do HITT.

bbl with menu

Well, we survived the morning! Ugh, I can't believe this is happening after the car was in the shop for 2 weeks! Hopefully they will fix it now and we will have no more problems!! Thankfully they're going to honor the warranty that just expired since they should had fixed the problem last month! My friend Kate is an absolute god-send. I seriously think she might be an angel!

Katie, I have an app but for whatever reason it wasn't working. Kate got there in time to translate for me. Your furn looks great! I used to have a glass top too - so annoying!

Kate, good luck with SIL! Ryan doesn't understand my efforts with his family either... seriously. It's family!! I hope you get to lift alone tonight and hope your run goes well!

Good morning Morris! Sorry about no sleeping babies! Hope you get through the day OK!

Klaudia, J'ai eu une bonne leçon de français. J'ai juste besoin de pratique en plus! No biggie about the hawks... can't say I'm a huge hockey fan. Paying more attention to my cubbies! Sorry about family issues. That's sad!

Morning Robin, glad you had a nice weekend. Your rotation idea looks great!

So, I still need to clean up breakfast and start the laundry (what I planned to do this AM but got interrupted by French and then by car issues!). Not sure a WO will happen today... :(

BBL.

katie/robin, laura would lift very light & wouldntget anything out of it im sure! i like cardio w/ others but dont impede on my weights time! i dont want to give form pointers/babysit:eek:

morris, lol @ tagtemaed! juia woke up @ a time she usally doesnt too...
hope the day goes well!
nice to have the wo done for the day isnt it?!

klaudia, we werent allowed to see sil's baby for 2 weeks....i hear ya! we have "germs" she said:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:
funny how we all love meso2 so much!
groceries....lol @ d's bread! m would do the same thing! give me my 9-grain!:D

we ran to the grocery store after i got gina on the bus...need bread, romaine, etc. big shop will be later in the week

robin, glad you had a good wkend!
sil def thinks before she talks....and says/does really nasty things. WHY am i having her over again???
your circuits sound great!

-
groceries & shower done. need to clean up the house a bit
it is sooo nice to not have prek shuffling!!!

hi angie! good news on the warranty! glad youve got kate!:D
laundry here too...the neverending, thankless job!:p

Sorry about your car, Angie! That's no fun, in any language.

Kate, how's the running? I think sticking with it until the 5K will give you a good idea whether you like it or not. It takes a while to get used to.

Robin, what's up for Memorial Day? I hope you have fun plans.

Katie, your party sounds like a blast!

Klaudia, have you been to the store yet? Sorry about SIL. Those pesky families...

Morris, congrats on passing your test! When are you guys moving?

Colleen, how's the job hunt? Good luck with that.

Hi, Lisa, what's new with you?

I had a computer-free weekend, which was very nice. I visited my parents on Saturday and basically lazed around yesterday. It was a beautiful day here, but on the cool side. Jim had to work, so I planned to run 4 miles. But I accidentally went to the local art fair, ate ice cream and took a nap instead. Whoops. Oh, well, I am motivated to get back on track today as the pants I'm wearing are tighter than I would like.

Lots to do at work to get caught up. Talk to you soon!

anne

Anne you had a weekend like normal people (non-catheites). For next weekedn we are planning to go on a hike this Sat when they re-open Sunset park. After we plan to go my to family house for lots of good-drama:confused: and maybe some good eats:).

Klaudia whitebread yuck. i hope you get a lot of shopping done.

Angie great you have a warranty.

Kate let us know how it goes. I love M2 also. I can't see myself doing M3 for 4 weeks straight anytime soon. Are the plyo legs the same routine for all 4 weeks?

Amy k-bell dynamics and 25min ellip done...and i thought that it would be a piece of cake...ha

Tosca Reno is going to have her own tv show"Tosca:Flexing at 49"...I hope I get that channel.

b-2 egg whites and turkey sausage
l-tuna and spinach

Yesterday was absolutely crazy -- we went all over creation trying to find what we want and here is what we came home with.

This table:
http://www.target.com/Home-Wellingt...ie=UTF8&node=13914491&frombrowse=1&rh=&page=1

And these chairs:
http://www.target.com/Home-Comfort-...ie=UTF8&node=13457611&frombrowse=1&rh=&page=1

Gotta run, BBL!

Katie I love those chairs and I was looking at the same ones in Target store. They are strong and kidproof. They even have a nice rocking chair that's made of the same materials.

Anne, Glad you had a good weekend! Would you believe have NEVER been to the EL Art Fair?! Somehting always seems to come up that weekend!

Hi Robin!

Squeaky clean eats & a productive morning too!
SIl is outside w. the kids - I cam ein to get J to bed. So far so good! :D

Hey Anne, nice to see you back! Hope you enjoyed your weekend!
Angie, you sound in better spirits now that your car crisis is averted - mostly:confused:
Kate, couple of questions... For this cookout we are having next weekend, we are providing hamburgers, hot dogs, and pork bbq (and cole slaw). I also have buns, chips, and drinks. And we have all the fixins for s'mores (we will fire up the fire pit after dark). Each guest is to bring a dessert and/or side dish. But of course, it is my nature to be over-prepared. Can you think of any kind of dessert that is especially summery that would be appropriate for this party? And something that can easily be made before-hand and stuck in the fridge until til to eat it? I thought about sugar cookies to look like watermelons, but that is simply too time-consuming. I know you've got something in your aresenal of recipes or ideas that will be just the thing. Also, any important side dishes I am missing? No one has told me yet what they are bringing, and they may never...

Okay, back to work:rolleyes: My body is there today but not my mind!

Hi Everyone!

I had PT this morning and then got to work late and the craziness began. I am forcing myself to take a break so I can post otherwise I might go insane. Good thing is that my last meeting is from 3:00 to 3:30 and then maybe I can get caught up. I have gotten rid of about 40 emails so far and I am up to date with all of the new emails.

Angie, sorry about your bad morning. Hope you can squeeze your workout in.
Klaudia - wonder white - yuck. Good luck at the grocery store today.
Anne, isn't nice to disconnect every so often?
Katie, cool furniture. I need patio furniture too but I haven't seen anything I like yet.
Morris, sorry about the wake ups last night. Have fun at school today.
Robin, rotation looks good. I am waiting for my knee to heal before I do HIIT.
Kate, glad to hear your day is going well. Good luck with the weights tonight.

I am doing the March rotation but I had to do UB today because I had PT. So it was PUB. Woke up late so I will need to do abs tonight.

b: the usual
s: almonds
l: ww pasta w/ turkey meatballs, side salad
s: strawberries w/ yogurt, chopped veggies
d: either steak or pork

robin, nice wkend coming up! hope fd doesnt spoil it!
plyo legs are different each week. i like both the plyo & sqrack.

katie, let me check my arsenal & i'll get back to you!
i hear ya on overprepared! i think thats my middle name!

colleen, you def need a periodic mental health break!
emailmax! good job!
i vote steak for dinner!- mmmmmm

c&r - is it wierd to NOT be doing sts?:p

-
eats are totally on track! feelin' lean....

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.