((((clean-it-up monday))))

angie_mitchell

Cathlete
A fresh start to the week - who's ready??

I'm up early this AM having some alone/bible time and enjoying my cup of tea and it feels fabulous. I'm ready to get back into my routine and hoping sickness doesn't come to me again until next winter! I was looking at my spreadsheet realizing how horribly inconsistent my WOs have been since January due to sickness. So frustrating.

This week I plan to do CTX in its entirety. It's a good way to build back up. So, today is Power Circuit.

I need to do some laundry/house cleaning so that will also be on my list.

So who preordered? Katie and Kate? I'm still considering but probably will - primarily to save a few $$ long term. I still have a few things I want to buy and the 20% will help me out! I just hate paying for a product I won't get for a while. I can't stand putting down deposits for cruises (the thing I love most in life) and they keep large sums of $$ for a long time. :)

OK, have a great monday all - I'll check in post WO.

Good Morning, Angie. I am so glad to hear (read) that you are feeling better today, mentally and physically. I think your plan to ease back into workouts is a good one! And I am with you on re-committing to eating better.

Well yesterday was Chris' birthday and we had a great day. Collin was gone overnight with his dad, so Chris and I slept in a bit, lounged around the house in our pjs for awhile and I baked his cake. Then we drove up into the wood (some property that is in the family, and we hope to inherit one day) and took a cooler with sandwiches and fruit. We ate lunch and walked around a bit before coming home. By then it was getting warm outside and Collin came home, so we played outside for a couple of hours, then went to dinner for Chris' birthday with the whole family. Oh yes, and there was a little birthday sex thrown in there somewhere;)

Meso 2 starts today -- YIKES! I am benching 53# today. I wonder if I should wake Chris up and ask him to spot me... Maybe if I wake him up early several days in a row for a spot, he will just buy me a rack..... HAHAHA!

Speaking of expensive presents, here is what I got Chris for his birthday...
http://oakley.com/pd/5715 (except all black)

Be back after my workout!

Good morning and happy new week!!! I'm ready!

Yes, I preordered - can't wait!! I have a decent credit at Dick's - might bo buy my heavy bag and stand this week! I used to take a class that did that and it was SO MUCH FUN!!! All kinds of UB soreness!

Angie, Glad things are turning for you! "Do your best and forget the rest!" You had no control over your illness and should have NO GUILT about it!
Your morning sounds wonderful! I love to be up beofre everyone to have that quiet time and get things done.

Katie, Nice day y'day & great present too! You're up early today!
Good lluck w/ M2!

----------

No big plans for the day. I *think* I'm going to get the Mac. One question - my sis said I would not be able tp open Word documents that have been emailed to me???? True or False? I guess I could always forward them to Mike and have him print them off..... Why does this have to be such a hard decision?!?!?

No AM WO - woke up too late. Doing ch/sh/tri. Will get it in during the day. I love that I can split it up into 20 min segments here and there!

b - cereal, fruit
l - fajita salad (made the MOST WONDERFUL DINNER LAST NIGHT!)
d - skillet pizza - extra thin crust, lotsa tomoatoes, mmm!)

better get busy - J will wake up soon & I'll kick myself for not getting going!

Quick check in. I had an (unbeknownst to me) french lesson this morning... so now I have to get my WO in before I pick up Ellie in 2 hours. No biggie, just not the way I planned it.

Kate, really quick, you can purchase Microsoft Office for Mac.

http://store.apple.com/us/product/TQ742LL/A

You'll want the home/student edition - it's like $150. OR, you can purchase Mac's version of Microsoft Office, called iWork for $80.

http://store.apple.com/us/product/MB942Z/A?fnode=MTY1NDA0OA&mco=MzE3MDI5Ng

OR, you can download open office for free:

http://www.openoffice.org/

If you have one of these program installed on your computer, all three will read Word/Excel/PP documents from the microsoft end. You will have no problem opening them or editing them. If you choose iWork or open office, and you want to send a document to someone who has a PC, you just "save as" a Word or Excel document (this is an option in the file menu) and then people will have no problem reading your document.

I have open office but am not really happy with it so I plan to change to either iwork or microsoft office. I don't use it all that often so I'm not sure I want to pay the extra $$ for microsoft! ugh.

OK... off to workout. BBL.

AHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

My food box came! I have chills running through my spine. It's SOOO good to see American food. And, thin mints??? Speaking right to my little heart. I love you all so much. Thank you thank you thank you. This might be the happiest I've been since we moved here!

XOXOXOXOXO

Now I really have to go work out.:p

fly by before work - nice 9 mile hill run outside in the cold:):) still not sure about preorder.

katue, what a nice day yesterday!

angie glad you fell better.

kate, heavy bag sounds so fun!

bbl

Awww, Angie, I am so glad that your food came!
Kate, what disk are you on, 16?

WOW, that workout was HARD! The bench presses just about killed me. 53# for flat bench and 46# for incline. Those first few sets I could barely get the bar up, I definitely need a rack!

Hope to see you all at lunch!

Angie, Thanks for the Mac tips!! That's great! I think I will make the switch...hopefuly today
I'm so glad your box got to you!!!!! I had an unopened sleeve of thin mints so I tossed those in there for ya! Wish we could've sent even more...hopefully that tides you over til you make it back to the States next month!

Katie, HOORAY! You did aweomse!!!!
I think its 16:confused::confused:

Morris, How's it going? Great job on your run!

WO done! I thought I had done that one before (CTX power circuit) but I don't remember it at all. It was good. I think it's funny how Cathe's concept of advanced workouts has changed over the years. She says this one is advanced but it's NO drill max! :) BTW, that woman can hold a plank for like a year!

Kate, the box just warmed my heart. It was so thoughtful of you to include the nutritional info as well. It's nice to see it in English! :) Ryan will be thrilled about the cookies! I'm committing to 2 per day - one after each meal. :) Hold me accountable! I won't let them sabotage me!

Katie, I can't believe you're benching that much - definitely need a rack! :) Good luck with all your cases at work today! Put some band aids on your heels!

Morris, great run as usual (one can't get enough compliments though, right?) and I'm still unsure about the preorder... prob will do it though!

Ok, need to get dressed and pick up Ellie... bbl.

I must clean it up today

hey ladies.

Angie I'm glad you are feeling better and I hope that next month you will rock your w/o. I'm going to wait until April and only preorder the ones that I want. I've been stepping since the 80s and I'm trying to get away from high impact aerobics. I'm still thinking about ordering that ellipitical.
LOL :D enjoy our food box.

Katie i'm glad you had a great day y-day and yes wake him up so that he can buy you a rack. I wish Cathe pull up tower was on sale. She uses it as a BB rack also.

Kate I'm not sure about the Mac. They sell a heavy bag in walmart the kind that blows up and has sand at the bottom. I wonder if this is the one she will use. Amy bento uses that one.

Off to do w/o. STS 19 CST. Oh boy.:confused:

T

Happy Monday!

Got my workout done yesterday-2.565 mile run/walk and Yoga based abs (which kept freezing:() Had our neighbors over for dinner and the game. Eats stayed clean thank goodness! I had grilled chicken, roasted potatoes and Yugo salad-cukes, tomatoes, onions, red pepper, olive oil and feta cheese:) Quiet day here too-some cleaning and that's about it. Going to do STS 14-Back/Biceps. Wish me luck!

Angie, glad you're feeling better:) CTX is the perfect thing to get back in the swing of working out. Enjoy your treats!!

Katie, what a fun day you had! Great job with Day 1. I think you're idea of asking Chris for help is a good one;) Darrin wants to get the Valor Squat Stands. I'll keep letting him come up with the ideas cause then he's willing to buy;)

Kate, your day sounds just like mine! Skillet pizza sounds god-how do you make it?

Morris, great run! Hope you have a great day:)

Hi Anne, Robin, and Colleen!

I want to preorder just have to convince Darrin to spend the money-our cc is paid off and he wants to keep it that way. Maybe I can use my mom's Target Visa-it's in my name too and she told me to use it for emergencies if I have to-a preorder qualifies right?;)

bbiab...

Good Morning Everyone!

I preordered yesterday. I am such a cardio junkie that this is right up my alley. I did STS disc 20 (I think) - Chest, Shoulders and Tris this morning. I am also feeling better - my headache seems to be gone which is nice. I need to keep my neck stretched and remember to take my allergy medicine. I wish I could go to the chiro but I can't get an appt at a decent time for 2 weeks. By then I should be fine.

Katie, I am benching 55 # and barely surviving without a rack. This morning I was going to ask Chris to spot me but he was busy trying to get something done (at least that is what he told me - need to check fb to confirm).
Angie, I am so glad your box came. Hopefully the good american food will keep you going until you come back. Have fun with CTX - it should get you back into the swing of things.
Kate, I am glad you are going to get the mac. I primarily use iWork for my office apps but I made Chris install office in case I want to work on my work stuff at home. He is an MS partner so he gets free copies of office and stuff.
Morris, you are so brave to go out in the cold. It was 28 here this morning. Have a great day.
Klaudia, a Cathe preorder is an emergency!!!! Hopefully Cathe will have paypal up soon and you can use that.
Robin, I understand about not wanting to do all that hi impact. Sometimes it gets to me too. What did you think of the double waves today?

b: oatmeal w/ almonds
s: 1/2 clif bar
l: ????
s: strawberries & banana, chopped celery & cucumber
d: cod w/ cauliflower and ric

chest is done! what a pump! will get to the rest later....

colleen, sorry you're not feeling well....yuck.
lol on checking fb!!!

klaudia, good job yday! will post recipe in a bit....
cathe preorder sounds like an emer to me!!! mike couldnt believe how fast i ran for my wallet!:D

robin, clean it up woman!!!:p
im goingto get the bag that hangs off a chain/stand. i d:pont want the sandy base.

angie, ^5 on the wo! i think her adv has advanced too!:D i like it! imax3 def blows the original outta the water! im in awe of her plank-ability too!
im amazed how fast that box got to you!!

my eats are ultra-clean and will stay that way!!!
our local ic place opened this wkend. dds wanted to go. m took them. i didnt want/crave it so i stayed home. i knew if i went id eat it. gotta save the splurges for gotta-have-it times!

Hi Colleen, glad you're feeling better - hope it stays that way! I practiced your 1/2 a clif bar discipline this afternoon... don't want to waste them! Are you happy with iWork? I'm thinking of making the plunge...

Klaudia, your salad sounds yummy (aside from the tomatoes - i despise tomatoes!). And Cathe's preorder is definitely an emergency! :) Glad the Spartans won it for you!

Robin, I can understand wanting to get away from the high impact. I know I won't be able to do it forever. How was disc 19? I would love an elip!

Kate, the honey crunch cereal was awesome! I had some for lunch (along with a little bit of turkey and a babybell cheese)... now I'm having an apple and 1/2 a clif. It's a wonderful day! (Oh, and did I mention how my ***one*** thin mint melted in my mouth? I actually smelled it before I ate it to get the whole experience!):eek:

Rest time before Ellie wakes from her nap and we go to the store.

Anne!!!

Yes, crazy weekend! But all in all good. My dad and I had a very good talk on Saturday about what the next step is for them. They're not ready for it yet, but he wants a plan in place for when the time comes. That suits me very well, as I am an Uber planner. I am my father's daughter. So, my brother and I will talk about it and see what we can come up with. I'm also planning to take Wednesday off work this week and find out what kind of in-home care we can get for my mom. It's time to get some help for my dad. He's fighting it a little bit, but if I can get my brother to talk to him about it, he'll acquiesce. My dad refuses to take ideas or advice from me. It's very frustrating, but there it is.

I'm definitely going to preorder, but I'm going to wait until later in the week. I have until next Tuesday, right? Because I definitely want the travel work out.

Kate, what ice cream place do you go to? In GL?

Klaudia, go Spartans! I didn't see the end of the game because we went out to dinner, but I'm glad they made it to the Sweet Sixteen.

Angie, I'm so glad you're feeling better! Just don't try to do too much too soon, okay? I think CTX is perfect. I used that after a long hiatus to get back in shape. I love that series.

Colleen, I'm a cardio junkie too. I just lift weights because I know it's good for me and it makes me feel strong.

Morris, great run this morning! I hope work is going okay for you.

Robin, if you can wait until I get my new toy, I'll give you a thorough review of the spin bike. It's definitely no impact but a great work out. I told one of my friends at work I ordered it and her response was, "You're a masochist." She tried spinning once and it was a bit beyond her abilities.

Katie, wow! I'm impressed with your weight lifting abilities. I'll get there one day. I'd like to do the 1RM just to see where I am, but I haven't taken the time to do it yet. In my copious free time, I'll work on that.

I have to get some work done. bbiab

anne

Anne thanks I look forward to your reviews of your new spinner. I'm glad you are getting help with your parents because sometimes you need a break.

Angie & Colleen: Cathe tried to kill me :eek:. I'm going shopping with Katie because I'm going to need a rack very soon. Disc 19 Cathe does a double wave load
which is:
Bench Press
12 reps at 70% 1RM
10 reps at 75%
8 reps at 80%....just when you thinks it's over :confused:
12 reps at 70%
10 reps at75%
8 reps at 80%

That's 6 sets of bench presses!:eek:

Kate keep it clean & good w/o

b-egg whites
l-salmon and veggies

Anne thanks I look forward to your reviews of your new spinner. I'm glad you are getting help with your parents because sometimes you need a break.

Angie & Colleen: Cathe tried to kill me :eek:. I'm going shopping with Katie because I'm going to need a rack very soon. Disc 19 Cathe does a double wave load
which is:
Bench Press
12 reps at 70% 1RM
10 reps at 75%
8 reps at 80%....just when you thinks it's over :confused:
12 reps at 70%
10 reps at75%
8 reps at 80%

That's 6 sets of bench presses!:eek:

Kate keep it clean & good w/o

b-egg whites
l-salmon and veggies

:confused:

I have 25 minutes to eat and get to court, so this is gonna be quick, sorry...

STSers -- how (if any) are you changing your diet on STS days? I am trying to make subtle changes like a slice of cheese on my sandwich and a few more almonds, etc. I also try to eat a few more carbs at night to fuel my run the next morning. Does this make sense?

Menu for today:

b cereal
s s'berries and 1/2 clif bar
l sandwich (the usual + cheese)
s applesauce, almonds
d ??? meatloaf ???

Katie, I always try to eat more protein on the days when I lift. I don't know if I always get there, though. I was looking into calorie cycling too, to shock my body, but haven't given it a serious try yet. I think what you're doing is good-extra protein for STS and more carbs for the cardio.

Angie, I think the salad would be good without the tomatoes, too.

Anne, how old are your parents? I think being prepared is very smart-it's so difficult to make those kind of decisions under pressure. You're a great daughter!

Kate, our local frozen custard place opened last week! Arrgh!

Robin, that workout looks killer! I absolutely hate working chest! I think I may start waiting for Darrin to spot me if only to help make the time pass quicker!

Eats are good:

b-cereal, orange
s-almonds
l-1/2 chicken breast, leftover potatoes, Yugo salad

Working out in a few.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.