####clean-it-up-hump-day####

angie_mitchell

Cathlete
Morning everyone,

Katie, I feel so inferior in starting the threads because I can't come up with anything creative for the titles.

Anyway, WO this morning was 4DS UB, I had to cut out the resistance band exercises because I was a little short on time and the kids got up in the middle of my workout (b/c Ryan went out the LOUD front door for his run). But anyway, I increased my weights for almost all the exercises and I know I'm going to be sore!!

Eats will be clean and tidy today and I am going to feel lean!!!

We are going to the baby gym again today and then to a picnic in the park. Should be fun! It's gorgeous out!

Have a great day all!

Morning Angie!! Great workout this morning! Your plans for today sound super fun!! And LOL at not being "creative" with the thread titles. I don't really feel like I am either..... ???

Well here's my sob story for today: I have completely lost my voice! :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

I feel relatively good (a bit tired / achey) and I am still doing a lot of nose blowing and deep coughing. Wonder how I will do my job today??? Good thing we have an intern!

I WANNA WORK OUT!! I WANNA FEEL BETTER AND LOOK BETTER AND BE EXCITED ABOUT THE BEACH!! But I can't because it's friggin June 24th and I have a the head cold from hell.

I need to shut up and be thankful that a cold is my biggest problem right now.

Kate, did you get it all done last night? Give that baby a *snuggle* from me.
Klaudia, 5 kids today? Rain? Is it Danica that has this dance thing going on all week?
Colleen, tell me all about the new iPhone - what kinds of cool new features does it have? I heard there was a video camera.
Morris, run a few miles for me today, would ya? Is DH still home? How much longer?
Lisa, sorry about your fight with your boss. Haven't you said before that you can take your baby with you to work?
Anne, how did last night go? I agree with Nina - can you run/walk the half?
Patti, are you tackling BM2 today? Good luck to you - that's a tough one! Everyone in this check in seems to be doing BM2 these days - maybe I will too if I ever get better!
Robin, how do you like Amy's kb DVD? When are you planning a trip to Kings Dominion?

I want you ladies to know that I do read the thread all day whether it's at work on the iPhone, I just don't always have an opprtunity to reply. I feel like a bad checker-iner but I do love y'all!

Last edited:
I HATE OUR INTERNET!!!! just lost a long post. thanks, sprint! :mad::mad::mad:

angie, great attitude today!

katie, you'll be better soon! summer colds are the worst! not fair!

no plans exciting here.... bbl....

Oops, sorry, someone asked me yesterday about my vacation - we leave on SUNDAY! Cross your fingers and toes that I am better by then!

Hi Kate!!

I forgot to mention that today I get to leave work a bit early (taking my comp time from the drug screen Monday) and I am going to go get Collin and take him to the pool. Hopefully I will burn a few calories doing that!

good morning!

angie, way to go!! you should be feeling so good with your hard work.

katie, hugs, and sorrry you are not all better yet. but, by sunday you will be! have fun at the pool. does collin swim?

kate, what are you doing today?

hi lisa, sorry for the boss drama. get a run in today, and great job with the eats.

date night was great! i had grilled veggies (salty but tidy) and a lobstre and bean sald with no dressing. it was so good, and so nice to connect with dh before he leaves next week. great wo this morning - speed run and imax 3 drills only. my legs are fried. 2 showings today, so lots to do. bbiab

Morning! Today will be a GREAT DAY! I will exercise at nap time (we'll attempt BM2 again) and eats will be clean. I will feel better and in control!

I have decided that I am obsessing too much over calories. I need to listen to my body and eat when I'm hungry, stop when I'm not. So that is my new plan. I was focusing too much on carbs, protein and fat % too- it's good to keep a balance but I need to just try to include a little of each in every meal and forget about it! Plus, hello, I was from time to time worried about eating too much fruit. That is over- fruit is healthy and better I eat that than a bowl of ice cream. Rant OVER!

Angie: I love that UB workout- you will be sore for sure. :)

Katie: Oh no! Well, at least you have an intern to talk for you. At least this way the cold is out of the way and you know you won't get one on vacation, right?

Kate: I hate losing posts! :mad:

Morris: Oh, the IMAX 3 blasts! You go. I need to get better about using premixes- sometimes I just forget to use the workouts in new and different ways.

BBL.

Morning!

No extra kids today:) My neighbor took them to her mom's house cause she knew how hectic it'll be for me later when I have to get everyone ready for recital. So my day is free! Have to take Danica to the doctor-she has a nagging cough. I think it's asthma related, but I want to be sure. Thought about the beach, but it's actually going to be too hot-93*!! So I think I'll clean up, work out, and get ready for recital:)

Angie, good job on the workout! I haven't done the whole upper body premix yet. Have fun today! For my abs I usually do Cathe's stuff but lately I've been doing my own-lots of planks, bicycles, hip lifts, etc. Not like it does much help!

Katie, feel better! You need a nice relaxing vacation-too much working out coupled with work is wreaking havoc on your immune system-that's why I never get sick;) Danica is in 5 dances and Milla's in 1. I don't know how Danica remembers all that choreography!

Kate, sorry about the post!

Morris, glad you had a good time:) Can you imagine having date night once a week?! Awesome workout! Good luck with the showings!

Patti, great attitude! I love Kate's attitude-we are not bodybuilders who need to cut all sorts of stuff out of our diets! We are fit, strong women who want to be healthy. You will get your workout in!

Today is a cardio day-nothing is calling my name. I'll come up with something:)

OK, Time for my sanity break!!

All the girls were up early so we did our Meijer trip alrady. It's going to be TOO HOT to go later!

Katie, OOOH! Have fun at the pool! I contemplated taking DDs to my inlaws today but its just SO STINKIN HOT! I dont want Julia out in it AND its incredibly hard to watch both girls in the pool while tending to J by myself. And, no, there's no help.....:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Morris, So glad you had a good night with DH! Great WO this morning. Good luck with your showings....Something's gotta give soon!!!

Patti, I could easily get too fixed on numbers so I try hard to not pay too much attention.... But you are RIGHT! If we eat when we're hungry, stop when we're full. ...... AND EATING GOOD FOOD there is no way we can do wrong! Hope you get your WO today!

Klaudia, Glad you have a babysitting break! What a nice day youll have!

-
Better get busy....... cya latah!

Hey girls,

Katie, I can totally relate to your frustration with being sick at an inopportune time! I feel like that happens to me all too often. I've kept track of every workout this year and it's so hard to see that aside from January, I've been sick or something each month that has caused me to workout an average of about 18 days a month rather than about 25 or so! UGH. Hang in there! You'll look smokin' in your bikini regardless!

Kate, I'm sorry you lost your post this morning. Can you not get cable modem out in the boonies? Sorry you can't do the pool with your kiddos. Next summer will be so much different! What's your WO today?

Morris, I am feeling good. Hoping my weight starts to cooperate and just trying to keep the eats on tap. Glad your date night was fun and good luck with the showings. Isn't that house sold YET!!!

Patti, good luck with your bm2 attempt and I think your thoughts about food are good ones. It's so hard with all the flittering information out there to know what to do. I can get myself so worked up about it that I don't actually DO anything... ugh.

Klaudia, sounds like a busy day. Have fun at the recital - take pics! I think you guys are all funny with your "hot" talk. In AZ, we wouldn't go to the pool unless it was 90+... your perspective changes quite a bit when 115 is normal.

So, I need help with afternoon snacks. I get ravishingly hungry in the PM right around 3:30 or 4. At 2 today, I had a clif bar but then was still hungry a couple hours later and had a bowl of cereal. What gives? Trying so hard to make good choices but it's SOOO hard when I'm so hungry. Nothing seems like it will fill me up.

The baby gym and the park was super fun and then it was about 75 and breezy when we got home so I decided to lay out in the yard for a while b/c sunshine makes me happy!

Kids just got bathed and are snuggled in for a bug's life... I could use a nap!

BBS...

Morning ladies. The Block Association Meeting was HILARIOUS:D These people don't understand...even though it was explained to them 10 times that 911 is for emergency only. One man called 911 about 6 times because he saw a strange man working around with a pillow case:D:rolleyes:.
The police gave us their cell phone and work numbers for non-emergencies.

Angie good going on the increase in weights. That always feel good.

Katie it takes time to get over a cold but the good news is that the worst is behind you. We are still going to Kings Dominion in early July. Late July we are going to Myrtle beach. I guess if I get a job I will have to make it a weekend trip.:confused:

kATE i just lost a posts too.:mad: Enjoy your shopping.

Morris you dinner sounds sooo good. I glad you had a good date.

Patti I know what you mean. I can spend a hour obsessing over calories. Now I just cook lite and watch my portions.

Klaudia yay recital. My son had that type of asthma when he gets a chest cold. I hope she feels better.

Angie I'm like that also. I get really hungry after 3 pm. Try the protein bar with an apple.

I almost forgot. Y-day Chalean Extreme came. I did one of the workouts and it reminded me of the old Firm workouts. You don't need barbells and you don't need a lot of room. It's a fun workout if you use the correct weight. The only draw back is that it is 5 workouts (3 weights, 1 cardio, 1 core) per month...that 4 weeks. I don't think that I can do anything for 4 weeks, so many I'll do it for 2 weeks and then move onto the next phase.
Today is cardio and core.

Angie, I used to be a Clif bar devotee but lately I'm finding that they are only temporarily filling. They are actually pretty high in sugar and I think that messes w/ me and makes me hungry sooner than I should be. I struggle w/ PM snack too.... don't want it so filling that I'm not ready for dinner but if I don't have enough i'm starving and eat too much at dinner!!! Lately I've been having a very heathy muffin for PM snack and making myself NOT NIBBLE whle I'm prepping dinner. HTH!
No, we cant get cable....frustrating!
NOt sure on my WO...and we're pretty busy trying to get some house stuff done so maybe I'll make today my rest day.
what a great day youre having! good for you!!

robin, lol @ your mtg!! how was the food!!!!??????

Robin, interesting thoughts on CLX... I was curious to hear what you thought. How is the music? I heard that Chalene walks around a lot and isn't doing the WO.

I don't think I could handle doing the same WOs for 4 weeks either...

Kate, what kind of muffin are you eating? I **LOVE** muffins! Sorry about no cable... bummer. I would die without cable modem!

ang, the applesauce bluebrry muffiin in the recipe section. my lunch has been later lately too. more like 1230 or 1pm. dinner @ 530

hey everyone - another fly by - i am off to school to work for a few hrs, then home to finish cleaning and figure out where we can go btwn 5 and 7. snuck in some glute and abs though:cool: eats are going well.

angie, i am a big fan of raw veggies and cheese in the afternoon. nuts too, but that can be a bad thing.

kate, you have gotten so much done today! sorry for the heat wave.

aptti, wtg on the attitude. skip counting cals for a few days and take a page out of robins book.

robin, lol at the meeting and the 911. how was the food?

klaud, glad you got a break with kids. hope today goes smoothly.

I WANT MY HOUSE TO SELL. okay, nuf whining. bbl

Quick drive by, busy day here. I do have to report that I'm a slug. I did not get up and run, I stayed in bed and read a book. It's too hot and I'm too lazy. Maybe tomorrow is the day I'll get back on track.

Therapy was okay, but very draining. Jim's pretty adamant he doesn't want to be married anymore. So, I'm not sure what's next. I guess we'll talk about it tomorrow, as I'll be out late tonight. I'm going to watch tango dancing, baby!

Kl, I do have to ask you to tell your girls to have fun at the recital! I know they'll be fabulous!

anne

Nina, Dontcha love sneakin in a WO!?!?!? Hope your afternoon goes well!
We want your house to sell too!!! :D

Anne, It was hot when we were outside at 7:30 this morning for groceries!! OUr lawn guy is outside right now and I am FEELIN for him!
I'm so sorry about Jim. Draining I bet! No one's going to fault you for reading a book this mornign! You are going thru so much. I hope tonight is fun for you. You deserve it. ((((hugs)))))

-
Getting lots done still! Keep on keepin' on......

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.