####clean-it-up-hump-day####

angie_mitchell

Cathlete
To sweet Katie,

WE'RE HALFWAY THERE!!! :):):):):):):):)

Good morning my dear Cathe friends! I'm determined that today will be a better day and I won't end up so grouchy be the end of it. I'm getting all my internet-ing done before the girls get up so that I can focus more on them. I'm planning to make banana bread with them after breakfast and read a lot of books and play a lot of games. :)

Katie, I truly hope you have a better day today. Seems to be something in the water. Hang in there (((hugs))) to you!

Kate, seriously woman... have sex with your husband!!! :eek::eek::eek: Sorry about work drama! Did you get your w/o in last night? (((hugs))) to you!

Colleen, sorry about a frazzled day at work. Hang in there today. I hope you have plans for a relaxing weekend. (((hugs))) to you!

Morris, your dinner sounds like it turned out well. We had pizza and I'm not sure what we'll have tonight since I have no car. Maybe if it's nice, we'll walk to the grocery store and be officially French. :) Good luck with the showing today... gotta be so annoying! (((hugs))) to you!

Robin, I don't envy your fd! Hope nothing crazy goes down. I can't really relate - we have no immediate family drama. Everyone's dysfunctional in their own way but keeps it to themselves. :) (((hugs))) to you!

Anne, sorry you've been so busy! Catch up when you get a chance!! Stupid unreliable internet! :) (((hugs))) to you!

Klaudia, WTG on 2 days in a row! You can do it! LOL on Biological Bill... feel the love! Hope your relaxing night with the TV was a good one. (((hugs))) to you!

OK, 8 more minutes until I need to get my kids up! :) Today I'm going to do C&W. Prob let the girls watch a movie during it.

I'll check in but probably not until later in the day. Have a good one everyone - stay positive - eat well - be happy - live long - WORK WORK!!!

XOXO

Angie, I can feel your positive energy and it's contagious!! I will have a great day too. I tried so hard yesterday, but I struggled some....
Kate, I can definitely relate to your position on "time" with your husband. And unlike you, I canNOT survive on less than 6 hours of sleep... Enjoy day 3 of spring break!
Robin, I am sorry that you will be having FD for your Easter weekend. Weekends with lots of visitors around really drain me...
Anne, how was your night? Are you all set for the dog this weekend? I am so excited for you, and I think of it often!
Klaudia, high 5 on the workouts these past couple of days! Can you make it three in a row? BTW, I hope this isn't offensive, but I've been meaning to tell you.... Darrin is HOT!:p
Colleen, UGGGHHHHH to all those stupid meetings you've got! We have SNOW on the ground here -- anything there? I wonder if you are running this morning...
Morris, good luck with the showing today. Do you have to work? I read your post yesterday about helping out at the school and I think that is a great solution!

Thanks to those who commented yesterday about my dilemma -- at-home work versus working outside the home mom. Collin really really loves his friends at preschool and has great teachers and really thrives there. I could teach him things at home but he wouldn't get the socialization. I think often about wanting to be around for him when he goes to kindergarten and be home when he gets home, just have a bit more time with him. And I guess I potentially see another baby in the picture by that time...

It's just sooooo hard to make it on one income. The biggest deal right now is the cost of health care. My job pays 100% of mine and 50% of Collin's. If we had to switch to Chris' insurance, it would cost several hundred $ a month:rolleyes::rolleyes: When you look at my salary, it's not *that much* but with benefits included, it's almost 50k a year.... That's hard to give up...

I just wish I could have a fabulous, stress-free, and well-paying job from 8:30 am to 3 pm. Is there such a thing?

Okay, enough whining... Today's workout will be attempt #2 at STS disk 19. I am just going to start where I left off, not do the entire thing again. Here is my plan for the rest of the week to catch up...
Th 2 mile run, STS legs
Fr longer run (4 - 5 miles)
Sa STS back & bis
Su long run (5+ miles)

Workout done! I'm gonna have to wake up reaaaallllyyy early tomorrow to get everything done:confused:

I have an 8 am case in court this morning, then to the office to catch up on paperwork and phone calls. Collin has a Drs appt this afternoon so I am leaving early. We should be home early, and we are going to decorate cupcakes for Easter! I'm so excited!

"See" you all later!

angie, havee a great day w/ dds!! im plnning on that too!
think we'll do some baking too....

katie, hope you have a great one too!
your benes are great! would be hard to pass up for sure! would you be able to do job-sharing/part-time w/ your job down the road?
good plans for your wo's!

how did my girl get so big????!!! g did her hair and it actually looks really pretty!!!

b- kashi, apple
l - steak salad
d - ultimate spicy beef salad for me, nachos for fam =)
wo - cardio....sthingreally sweaty! hopefully during the day...i have GOT to get to bed earlier!:eek:

j slept so good i could cry!!! 730 - 4am, nursed, up at7. soooo much better!!!

see, katie!! youre an awesome mom!!!!
have fun w/ those cupckes!! i think we're having bunny cake on sunday!:D

good morning! hope everyoine feels better today!

angie, great plan with the girls. and i like the idea of walking to get dinner!

kate, soooo glad you slept! i am going to try to make your banana bread later.

kkatie, i relate to work/home issues. part time is what i can manage with dh gone 160days a year. i hope an opportuinty presents itself for you! it is so hard, i know. great wo today, and good luck with the rest of your week.

today was such a struggle. i did a 5 mile speed interval run (39 min) and 4ds boot camp cardio drills. i really had to push, though. need to do bis and tris but not sure when as we have to leav in a bit for the showing. i hope we get an offer soon as dh is gone all next week and the week after:( eats will be clean today. bbiab

Morris, Id hardly call that struggling! Your cardio abilities are legendary!:D
Good luck w/ the showing today! Sending OFFER vibes your way!!
Enjoy the bread! I bought a huge thing of bananas yday so I canmake some later this week.

Bfast done....with a few bites of Cinnamon Toast Crunch added in:eek:.

I think I'll make meringues for Mike today. I dont really care for them so they wont tempt me AND I'll satisfy a baking urge!

Have I told you lately that I love you
Have I told you there's no one else above you
Fill my heart with gladness
Take away all my sadness
Ease my troubles that's what you do

This group of ladies is awesome! Just wanted you to know:)

Nice quiet day here-gotta go to the gorcery store and work out and that's it! STS 20-Legs is on tap. My chest is so sore from the other day, I can barely breathe or laugh-ouch! I better be making some gains for all this pain!

Angie, you sound great this morning! I love your positive attitude:) Have fun with your girlies today:)

Katie, I'm gonna try really hard for 3 days! And thanks for the compliment:) I think he's pretty stellar myself-especially now that he's working out:) I find it incredibly sexy. Is that tmi? Sorry! I completely understand you dilemma. We've always had benefits paid in full until a few months ago-Darrin always negotiated for it when he got hired-now he gets $85/week deducted to pay for us in addition to a 25% pay. It's definitely a struggle. What is your degreee in? Maybe one day you can open up your own counseling practice and work from home-like the dad on Growing Pains! Have fun with Collin and the cupcakes:) I need to do eggs with the girls.

Kate, wait til they have to sit in a chair for you to do their hair-Danica is so tall now. Sigh. Bittersweet. Have fun with your ladies, too:) My uncle always makes lamb cakes and bunny and egg cupcakes-might have to go get some on Friday:)

Colleen, hope your day zooms by!

Hi Robin, Morris, and Anne!

Sneaky Morris! Your workouts amaze me! I was a sweaty mess from 45 minutes of incline/speed walking yesterday. Sell that house!!

Kate, my mom makes THE BEST meringues! They are legendary around these parts:)

Geesh... I'm pooped. Banana bread made this morning, books read, c&w done, and house cleaning madness since Ryan is dropping by with his boss who's in town from the states with his family! :eek::eek::eek: they should be here any min.

WO was good. I struggle so much with core work - I'm so bad. Push-ups and planks are the worst! I need to keep track to see how I'm progressing.

Katie, sorry about your work woes. I'm sure that would be a hard decision for me to make as well. I love being home but there are also things that I would like about working outside the home. Have fun with cupcakes! Everything OK with Collin? Just a check-up?

Kate, Ryan loves meringues too - our local bakery sells HUGE ones with like frosting on them for 0,85 euros! It's crazy - he loves it! I'd love to try to make them for him, can you send me your recipe? Can't believe Gina did her hair alone - that's going to be crazy for me!

Morris, I agree with the others! Your cardio output is inspiring to say the least! Keep it up - crossing my fingers for the house to sell!!!

Klaudia, I ***love*** your song! I feel the same way about this group too... it's unique for sure! Ryan just started working out again recently and I love it too! He is keeping track of his weights/reps on a marker board and so he's really pushing himself... ;)

So, I think we're going out to dinner tonight with the boss and company... with the kids! We'll see how that goes. Dinners out here can be LONG! Wish me luck!

BBL!

Awwwww, you guys are making me nostalgic. My mom used to make meringue cookies for us with mint chips in them. They were the best!

I promised personals, but I don't have time right this second, I have a meeting at 9 and I haven't had breakfast yet. I will be back to do them before lunch.

Feel free to kick me out of this group, tho, for being a bad checkin friend.

anne

Anne, hush your mouth! Bad friend, indeed! Have you seen how much action this check-in gets? Breakfast is definitely a priority!

aaaawwww, klaaaaaudiaaaaaa! :D
i might need a field trip to that bakery!!!:D
hope you have a great day today!
glad we;'re all out of our funky moods!

angie, nice day! hope your dinner goes well!
the long restaurant outings are very diff from usa!

anne, what klaudia said! i feel like if i dont check here hourly it gets away from me! i pity you gals that have a job!:p if it werent for nrsing j i wouldnt be here nearly so much! i think 1/2 the posts here come from me!:eek::eek::eek::eek:

having a great day....puzzles, light picking up....aaahhhhh

So, we've decided to eat here which is a relief for me since I won't have to deal with the girls at a restaurant!

Anne, seriously - no one expects personals... it's overwhelming what I wake up to each morning. Do what you can, we're here to support you! :D

Kate, you check in every hour b/c you want your post count to go up... be honest! :p

I upgraded our cabins on my birthday cruise yesterday. I put us and our friends in "aft" balconies that face the back of the ship - they're amazing and I'm so excited!!! Only 8 more months and I'll be sailing the caribbean... better get my booty in gear!

angie, my post count does seem to increase exponentially daily!:eek:
so whatcha cookin tonight? or take out?
your cruise sounds wonderful!!!! our10th anniv is in july....maybe we can get a night away somewhere....sigh/.....with julia no doubt! at least she goes to bed early!

big girls are spending the nigth at IL's on Friday. What do WE do!?!? Can't really go out bec j goes to bed so early. hmmmmm

Oh, Kate - GO OUT! Even if it's just to Chili's! Enjoy some time. I'm sure J will be fine!

We're having all sorts of fatness for dinner. Fet alfredo, french baguettes and dessert! Ugh.

dang, angie! you guys had a DINNER! yum! extra cardio!!!:p
by 6 j's kinda losin' it - wanting to get redy for bed. maybe she'll be on a later schedule by that day:confused:. oh , how I would love to go get a monster salad at champps!!!!!

I second Angie! Get out of the house-alone!! Eat a light snack so you don't start eating the furniture, then go have a nice dinner with your hubby:) J will be fine!

Angie, your dinner sounds awesome. Fettucini Alfredo is D's favorite:)

wish we could go alone! I know it makes a world of difference. But theres no one to watch her if DDs will be with IL's. both my sisters are gone this wk and I cant ask my mom to come that late - she cant drive at night with her MS.
Guess we *could* leave J with IL's and DDs but they're taking DDs out to eat and it would really stink for them to have Julia in tow. I keep hoping for some Saturday afternoon to go out alone with MIke.....but the next couple look pretty full already! que sera....

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.