<< ::: clean&tidyrunlikethewindWEEKEND ::: >>

CollinsMom

Cathlete
Aggghhhh, I am nervous!! I thought this^ title would be appropriate, as we have a friggin' WIND ADVISORY today for gusts up to 50 mph! Not exactly ideal racing weather! Hopefully it will be at my back!

Good luck, Katie!!!!! YOU CAN DO IT! RAH RAH RAH!!!!!
:D:D:D:D:D:cool:

Good start to my day here!
J slept to a reasonable hour and after I nursed her I did 4DS KB. Mike and the girls are downstairs getting bfast then I'll take my turn - Js napping. Egg white omelet w/ LOADS o' veggies! I can't wait!

Going to Shedd today - looking forward to it.

I think I'm going to repeat Meso2 Wk 3 and also do 2 wks of week4. I am getting great results from this meso and I want to keep it up. Also, I dont want to do the forced hour wo's on Meso 3. They just don't juve w/ my schedule right now. It's so much easier to split the Meso 2 wo's when I'm short on time all in one chunk.

Hope everyone has a great weekend!

Anne & Klaudia, Have fun today!!!! WAH!

Katie, hope your run goes well. The weather forecast here is the same but it didn't seem too bad when I was on my deck.
Kate, glad you are getting good results from Meso 2.

I am off for a quick run, then some kb combos and abs.

BBL!

LET'S GO STATE!

Waiting for Anne so we can gorge ourselves on pancakes and such:) Check back later!

Go Katie!!

Go State!

Gooooo Katie!!!

Kate I'm scared that I'm not going to like M3 like I loved M2. The w/o M3 seems more challenging but redundant....no real surprises like double wave, drop sets. We will see.

No w/o for my DOMS today. We are planning a backyard picnic for lunch.

BBL

c,have a great sweaty wo!

kl, have fun w/ anne! sounds yum!

robin, glad im not the only one!:eek::D
your lunch sounds great!

Hey ladies!

Had the best visit with Anne-had pancakes with strawberries and almonds, Anne had cherry pecan:) Then we came back to my house and talked the morning away. And the girls even behaved! Can't wait to do it again. I'd love to do a Clean and Tidy retreat with all of you:)

Waiting for the game-anxiously. Looks like we're staying home to watch. Debating on my workout-getting lazy! It's STS 16 C/S/T.

Katie, how was the race? And the soccer game?;)

Kate, Shedd looks awesome! Nice job on getting the workout in. I like your plan for repeating the end of Meso 2.

Robin, I can't wait for a backyard picnic. I let the girls have one in the living room the other day-not quite the same:)

Colleen, nice workout! Hope you're having a good day:)

Hey all,

Sorry I'm so late at checking in today. It's 8 pm and it's really the first time I've sat down all day. I'm exhausted. Did a lot of house cleaning/organizing this morning and then we went to Ikea and the grocery store. Still trying to decorate our house.

Got home around 4 and did a little more cleaning/laundry and then did legs & glutes. That's the first time I've done that one and I have to say that I almost liked it. Most of the time I have severe hatred for leg workouts but for some reason I only had slight hatred for this one. It was good. Sweat my butt off - gonna be sore tomorrow. I don't even have ankle weights... :eek::eek::eek:

Katie, my dear, HOW WAS THE RUN!?!?!?!? I'm sure you kicked some booty!

Klaudia and Anne, I'm jealous you guys got to get together... who wants to come to Chicago in April or May?!?! Klaudia, enjoy the game tonight - I'll be sleeping unfortunately!

Robin, hope your picnic was fab! We're considering one for tomorrow. Our docks at the pond down the street had ducklings! The girls want to go!

Kate, have fun at Shedd! I miss Chicago!

Colleen, hope you had a good w/o and are having a good weekend!

Morris, HI!!! Hope your having a great trip!

Ok, Ryan's making popcorn and we're going to watch a movie.

I had a "cheat" meal last night and for the first time ever I didn't feel like it was worth it. Cheating isn't quite as fun here.

Today has been pretty clean. I like the way I'm feeling. Tomorrow is super sets and then i think I'll do BB again next week - just straight forward... don't like the way she messes with it b/c then you end up doing something twice!

Well, have a great rest of your day all - see you tomorrow!

xoxo

KATIE W - REPORT ON YOUR RUN!!!!!!!

Klaudia, Glad you and Anne had a good time!
Now get to that WO, woman!:D

Angie, I just had a cheat - ice cream - and it was totally worth it!:D
L&G was the first LB WO that I could say I didnt dread. Funny you feel the same way. Pretty sure Katie likes it too.

Shedd was $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$. The line TO GET TIX was 90 minutes! So we decided to become members to skip the line.:eek: It'll be good for 14 months so hopefully we can come back and use it!:eek::eek:

My poor baby husband! He can't make it thru a day without taking a nap!:rolleyes: He would NEVAH make it as a stay-at-homer!:p I gots energy to spare, baby!:p:D hoping after I feed J I can run to Crate & Barrel - my plans got foiled earlier:mad:. Mike: "I can't get her to sleep like you can!":rolleyes::rolleyes: Men!:p

Oh, and Mike lost our key to our locker at Shedd....... says I never gave it to him. Again...men!:p

So sorry I didn't make it back til now!

Race was HARD -- hills and running on pavement are waaayyyy harder than my climate controlled garage and "whisper deck" treadmill. But I ran the whole thing, finished in 29:51 minutes! I met my goal -- I wanted to finish in under thirty, and I did it but just barely!

Kate, what is Shedd?
Angie, what was your cheat meal?
Klaudia and Anne, so glad you got together. Pictures?
Colleen, ^5 on the run. Are you training for a race?
Robin, how was your picnic? Great weather for one today!

Eats today have been very very carb heavy and not very clean either. I think we are about to go out for milkshakes too:confused:

Be back later!

kattie, enjpy your shake = you worked hard!
congrats on a great run!!!!

got to go to crate & b......wowza! coulda been reeeel bad...but all i got was popsicle molds and herb snippers.

katie, shedd is an aquarium....enormous. a bit of a bummer tho - redoing the whale/dolphin/penguin exhibit.. so didnt get to see the big stuff.....

Katie, ^5 on your run yesterday. I haven't decided if I am going to start training for a race or not. I don't think I am ready for the 1/2 marathon and the 8K race is at night so I need to make sure I will be free that day. I might still join the running club because they have weekend long runs and a track day during the week for some speed and interval training.
Kate, sorry that the aquarium was a pain to get into and the dolphin exhibit wasn't open. Hope the girls enjoyed the rest of it.
Anne & Klaudia, glad you guys had a mini C&T retreat. Too bad we all don't live closer so we could get together more often.
Angie, it sounds like you got a lot accomplished yesterday. Have fun with BB this week!

Today is Easter with the in-laws and they insist on still giving us candy. Hopefully they picked things I don't like. I have laundrymax, ironmax and billmax to get done before we go. Workout will be yoga since today is my rest day.

Happy Sunday ladies!

I figured my shins would be killing me but I am not sore AT ALL from the race yesterday. However, I still have some CRAZY DOMS from STS back and bis on Friday!

Colleen, very cool about the running club! Have fun with the in-laws (is there any such thing?) today!

We have ZERO plans today -- love it!! It is going to be 70+ degrees so we will likely spend most of the day outside. Today is my rest day, but I plan to be very active outside all day -- maybe play with Collin at the playground and take the dog for a long walk.

BBL!

Victory for MSU!!

Still recovering from last night's awesome game-I am hoarse! We ended up staying home to watch. With my luck if we'd have gone downtown, we would have lost! Never worked out yesterday. This week is a total bust. If I can manage to do STS 16 today, it'll be only 3 workouts for the week. Sigh. Nothing on the agenda except tv, cleaning, and my workout. Gotta rest up for the Championship game tomorrow night:)

Katie, great time! I hear ya about being sore-my glutes and hammies are screaming at me from Friday's leg workout. Enjoy your beautiful day.

Colleen, hope you get lots of stale jellybeans and peeps;) I'm debating my 5k race, too. Might take a break from the running and start up again in July and do one in September with Danica instead.

Hope everyone is having a great day!

Hi all,

Quiet weekend! Today was pretty low key here. Had family pancakes for bfast (Ryan makes them soooo yummy). We hung around the house and then went to the park this afternoon b/c it was SOOO nice out.

I did Supersets this afternoon - it was a bust. My legs were really sore from legs/glutes y'day and I haven't done that whole WO in a LONG time so I didn't quite know what was coming and was thrown off on weights a lot.

I have decided to do intensity series next week (minus pyramids since I don't have them yet). I think my week will look like this:

Mon: Rhythmic Step (I know... not instensity but I needed another cardio)
Tue: Cardio & Weights
Wed: Imax 2
Thurs: Boot Camp
Fri: prob some other step workout... not sure yet
Sat or Sun: Muscle Endurance

Who was I kidding to think I could do one series two weeks in a row? I love change too much!

Katie, great job with the run! I'm so proud that you made it under 30 min... hope you had/are having a relaxing sunday.

Kate, craziness about Shedd and so sorry about your amtrack tix! Did you go to Twisted Lizard?

Klaudia, I can't believe they won! I'm so excited for you!!! My initial bracked had them winning it all but I changed... stupid me!

Colleen, good luck with the candy!

Anne, jealous that you got to visit Klaudia! I want to come next time!

Hi Morris and Robin!!

Ok, off to make fajitas with Ryan...

See y'all in the AM!

angie

Just got back from Palm Sunday service. I think I like Palm Sunday and Good Friday's services better than Easter...less fake people.

Katie are you going to train out door for your next race?

Angie I see you love circuits and lots of cardio.

Picnic was nice until the flying bugs came out.

see ya tomorrow

Last edited:
Oh my word! Klaudia's house is beautiful, her children are sweet and well-behaved, her husband is handsome, I think her life is perfect! :p Okay, I'm sure it's not perfect, but I had SO MUCH FUN! After breakfast she asked her kids if they wanted to give me their surprise. One of them brought out a gift bag and I said, "You didn't have to get me anything." K replied, "It's not for you, silly." Guess what it was? A toy for the dog! Her first present! How sweet was that? I had the best time, it was so good to have some girl time. Her daughters are the sweetest things ever (which I'm sure is also true of all of your kids!), I got to watch Danica's recital from last year and see a demonstration of her skill. Milla shared her toys with me and gave me lots of wonderful hugs. Nevena is a honey-pie, and obvioulsy loves her mom and sisters. It was just a great get together, I hope we can do it again soon! Thank you, Klaudia!!!!

Katie, great job on the race! I'm so glad you made your time.

Colleen, how was Easter #1?

Robin, I like Palm Sunday better, too.

Angie, great plan for this week. How were the fajitas?

Kate, sounds like you had a great trip. Do you have pictures?

Morris, are you home yet? Did you have fun?

I have a few things to do tonight, but we got home earlier than I thought we would, which was nice. Bills are paid, taxes are ready to go and dinner is done. We also stopped at our favorite butcher (Merindorf's in Williamston, Kate), so our freezer is stocked. I'll be back in the morning. I hope everyone has a happy Monday morning!

anne

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.