::::clean & tidy weekend::::

angie_mitchell

Cathlete
Morning gals! I am pretty much in bed today. Ryan brought me breakfast in bed which was so yummy! Now he is at the store with the girls and I am watching last season of the biggest loser. I can't decide who I hate more: vicky or heba. Ugh they are both so annoying!

So I feel on the verge of pneumonia so I am not working out the next couple of days. I am sicker than I thought. I'll come back full force!

Happy weekend all!

Well as I was making my pre-workout coffee at 5 am this morning, I heard some little footsteps and thumb sucking. Yup, Collin decided to wake up and keep Mommy company:rolleyes:

So I'm not sure about my workout -- maybe later, maybe tomorrow. I drank my coffee, played a board game with Collin, and now I'm getting ready to cook breakfast for the family. Collin wants carrot cake pancakes!

recipe please, katie!! carrot cake pancakes sound wonderful. i got my workout in this morning despite the little ones, but yesterday am i was right where you are.

happy birthday angie. do you feel any better? i really want to watch last season's biggest loser. do you have it on dvd?

well, we had an okay night, and i managed to squeeze in an 8 miler this am. i miss being outside, but i am afraid to run on frozen concrete. today i will tighten up my eating - i feel a bit bloated:mad: today should be relaxed. we are going sledding this am, then i am taking my dog xcountry skiing later!! oh, did anyone watch grey's? i watched it this am and cried!! it was so good.

carrot pancakes? I'm not so sure...

Still in bed. Feel all kinds of yuck! I hate it. Want to go run ten miles.

Katie, have fun with Colin.

angie, happy birthday! well, its no fun to be sick but you can use it as a good excuse to do nothing on your birthday!

katie, sorry you had a workout partner

morris, 8 miles! you are amazing! have a fun day! do you take aidan sledding too?

we are sledding today too! the hill is HUGE AND STEEP! mil will watch julia.
also need to redemm gymbucs....angie, tomorrows the last day...

wo - 1rms. man, are they making me sore!
i did my cardio last night! and ate desert!:p despite my indulgence im feeling good & lean today. yay!

Happy Birthday Angie!! I hope you feel better soon.

I just woke up to Darrin coming home from working all night and starting to make breakfast.:) He went out yesterday and bought 3 sets of dumbells-35,40,45 so I get to use the 35s for some back work on Sunday. I'm scared! Today is cardio-HIIT, I think. Don't know what's on tap for the rest of the day since Darrin will need to sleep at some point. Maybe just a quiet day at home.

Katie, I think I'd be killing those pancakes with some cream cheese frosting!

Morris, 8 miles!! Wow! I don't think I'd ever be able to do that. You rock!

Hi Kate, Robin, Colleen, and Anne

b-scrambled eggs, smokey links, hash browns (Darrin's breakfast;)) I'll have just a little

bbl...

Here is the recipe I used...
http://www.recipezaar.com/Carrot-Cake-Pancakes-95129

They were good!! Angie, do you like carrot cake?? Everyone in my house loves carrot cake, and loved the pancakes too. I spread mine with a bit of cream cheese, and then put a dab of maple syrup on too. Delish!

I'm jealous of all of you who have snow!! We've had 1/2" MAYBE this winter:rolleyes: I want some!

Klaudia, what on earth are you doing ith 35# dumbbells?!? I am terrified of HIIT -- give me the details on what you do.

Kate, what was your dessert, white choc. mac. nut cookies??? Oh my word, send some over here! I looked and felt pretty lean this am too, despite my slice of cake. Then I ate pancakes and bacon:rolleyes:

Morris, will I ever be able to run 8 miles??? I bow to you! Good luck with the eats this weekend!

Robin, hello, where are you?? How's the weather down south??

Anne, thinking of you this weekend!

Katie, I'm thinking one arm rows, pullovers, and plie squats with the 35s. Nothing else! For HIIT this is what I do: 5 minute w/u @ 4.0, then 10 intervals of 30 seconds @ 9.5 followed by recovery of 90 seconds @ 4.0. I finish with a 5 minute cool down. There are so many ways to vary it. Sometimes I increase the speed by .1 every interval or I increase the length to 45 seconds, etc. You can vary the ratios. The point is to go as hard as you can for a short burst, then recover for a bit. You want to go as hard as you can so that you can only maintain it for 20-30 minutes. If you go for longer, you're not working as hard as you can. It's an awesome belly fat burner and it's short which is great for a cardio averse person like me:) Try it out and let me know what you think. Oh, and you should only do it 2-3 times per week and not on consecutive days. HTH

Happy B-day Angie!

Katie carrot cake pancakes sound so good. You live downsouth too. LOL
Today will be around 60 degrees. Strange to me.

Morris enjoy your skiing. Do the cold hurt your foot?

Kate good going with the 1rm and they do make you sore b/c of the heavy weight.

Klaudia 35# DB you go girl!. Now that I have the DB handles I can make a 35# DB but will I be able to lift it up;)

-------------------
My w/o today was a step machine/k-bells interval with 20clean & press, 50 2arm swings, 20overhead swings and some core work.

Good news I've lost 6.5#, and 1 inch of my abs since I've started doing heavy weight work (three weeks). It's also my rewards that I'll buy myself for each 2 weeks of working out. Next week is my recovery week so no lifting. If I do my w/o next week then I will reward myself with the elliptical.:D

breakfast I had Boston creme pie....NOT... I had a yoplait with blueberries.

BBL

klaudia, hubby makes bfast??!! im jealous! well, mike did finish it up for me today because i had to nurse julia, bt he would never start it on his own free will!;)
yay! new dbells! i use the 40 for plie squats. i dont like them for pullovers bec theyre so huge i cant safely get my hands around them. dont really want it to slip out of my hands over my face!:eek:

katie, i cant remember a colder snowier winter. come visit mich!:D
yes, i had a wcmn cookie. a big one. w/ ice cream. bt i used skim milk to make the ice cream so at least htat was lower in fat!;) i had a pancake this morning too! just a reg one tho, and i didnt use syrup - just ate it fresh off the griddle! mmmm!

robin, you have been doing awesome on the eats & wo!! you deserve that weight loss! wtg!
lol on your b'fast!!!]

------
ive been getting so much done! i love it! fams getting a lot done too - im learning how to nicely order them around!;):p:D

i cant wait to go sledding!!!!!

robin, that is so great about the inches and weight. you are so disciplined. what elliptical did you decide on?

klaudia, yummy breakfast! enjoy your workout and day.

kate, we all go together to do EVERYTHING. aidan had fun, though. finn is tired now, that is for sure.

katie, thanks for the recipe. i lovveee carrrot cake. i am sure you can run 8 miles if you want. somepeople like distance, some do not. for me, the longer the better....

angie, sorry you are still sick. you will be better soon i hope.

finn is trying my patience today. i had hope d to go out shopping, alone, but that will not happen. i will go snowshoeing, though, much later. dh and i may watch a movie while finn naps. i too have no drive while nursing, but i do feel sorry for dh, so.... we will see;)

bbl

Hey girls. Had birthday cake before dinner because the kids wanted to join in and we're not eating dinner until they're in bed. The cake's frosting was phenomenal but the cake itself was dry. We just got it from the bakery. Ryan's working out right now and then he's going to make dinner. I'm still feeling pretty lousy but hoping I'll be on the mend tomorrow.

Morris, sorry about finn-issues. ^5 on the run. I've really been anxious to start running lately and being sick is NOT helping. I want to take our kids to a ski resort so they can sled. They've never done it before and I think they would love it! Oh, and Ryan downloads most of the TV we watch - no other way to get it!

Kate, sounds like you are having a great day! Have fun sledding. It is nice to have a lazy birthday but I really want to WO! :) Your dessert sounds fabulous!

Robin, WTG on the weight loss! That is so awesome! You are an inspiration and have so much to be proud of!

Katie, I do like carrot cake. Maybe I'll try the pancakes. I have some zucchini sitting in my fridge and I'm tempted to make zucchini bread which I love and it would be a good way to get the veggies in the kids!

Klaudia, yay on the new DBs! That's fun. How was your HIIT? Your description of it as a good belly fat burner intrigues me b/c that is my super problem area! Standing up I'm all sorts of flat tummy but then I bend over and it's pudge city. Ugh.

Anne and Colleen, hope you are both have good weekends.

Well, almost dinner time. Have a great rest of your Saturday!

angie

morris, both dds fel asleep on the way home. mike carried isabel in and shes still conked out!:D gina shouldve slept longer - crrraaaaankyyyyyy!
i hope finn cheers up for you!
good luck on your time w/ dh!

angie, frosting is the best part of the cake anyway!:D
whats ryan making you for dinner?
i love zuchini bread...and pumpkin bread and banana bread......:D
last yr we went to a ski resort just for the sledding/tubing. your girls will love it. the hills/course were twisty and FAST!

sledding was a blast. i took a couple juumps and i know my rear is gonna be feeling it later! its worth it tho! that was so fun.

mikes almost got the leg press all put together. i wanted the vc first, bt he wanted the lp. sine hes assembling them he won!:p

I WANT COOKIES!!!

Hi Everyone!

Happy Birthday Angie! It has been a busy day. Up early this morning to go grocery shopping, then w/o, then meet a friend for lunch and a museum trip in DC and now I am back home. It was good to see my friend but it was way too cold and windy to walk around DC.

Kate, resist the cookies. Glad everyone had a good time sledding.
Angie, so sorry you are sick. Have you seen the new lost yet?
Morris, sorry you didn't make it out shopping. What movie are you watching?
Klaudia, that was sweet that Darrin made breakfast for you.
Robin, ^5 on the weight loss.
Katie, glad you enjoyed your carrot cake pancakes. Did you get your workout in?

w/o was DM
b: oatmeal w/ almonds
s: banana, almonds
l: grilled turkey salad
s: pumpkin soup
d: salmon cakes

Nope, Colleen, I did not get my workout in. I started feeling lousy after breakfast so I went a laid down, woke up several hours later:eek::eek: I feel so guilty when I do that, but when I get stressed (right now it's mostly job stress) I am just constantly exhausted!

After my super-duper-accidental-napMAX, we did some shopping and some cleaning. I had a huge salad for lunch, piece of fruit and almonds for snack. Tonight we are going out to a family birthday dinner, not sure what's on the menu at this place but I will be good I swear. I WILL workout tomorrow!

collee, afternoon w/ a friend sounds great!
dm! havent done it since i was preg! gotta pull it out...

katie, no sweat on not swetaing!:p i took a nice nap today too.....with a sweet-smelling chubby baby girl on my chest. it was heavenly!:D
have a fun dinner out.

lp is assembled. YOWZA! IT IS KILLER! can also do calf raises on it. 140# of plates baby!!!! yep, im not gonna be able to walk tomorrow!:eek:
ooooooh, i hope he puts my vc together!

and, yes, i surrendreed to the cookie monster. i tried to fight him but alas he overpowered me!:p

ha ha on the cookie monster atack, kate! sounds good to me.

katie, a nap as probably just what you needed after your last few days. it is good for your metabolism too, also good for the rest of the family;) hope your dinner out is good. where are you going? by the way, i lurked on that post on od about weight aqnd mood and saw your post - i admire your healthy attitude about your body. i struggle with body image a lot and it really struck me what a great attitude you have.

colleen, we wathed a great irish movie called once. it was relaxing and fun. i miss shopping, but i took a great walk with my dog and got lots of fresh air while sledding.

klaudia, do you really run at 9.5? i have never tried that fast. not sure if my little legs could get me there (i am 5ft2.). hmmmm - something to try this week? when i do intervals, i usually do quarter mile repeats at 8.2 then 1 min at 7.2 - for 40 min or so, then finish up at 7-7.5.

well, i had a pretty good clean day. - cereal and fruit for breakfast, cottage cheese and fruit for snack, lunch was soup and egg whites, snack was popcorn and a protein bar, then i did nibble a granola bar before dinner, but dinner was a big salad and some tomato sauce with veggies on a forkful of pasta (i don't like carbs at noight). i guess that is okay. i am going to go crawl into bed. looking forward to a run tomorrow am!

katie, a nap as probably just what you needed after your last few days. it is good for your metabolism too, also good for the rest of the family;) hope your dinner out is good. where are you going? by the way, i lurked on that post on od about weight aqnd mood and saw your post - i admire your healthy attitude about your body. i struggle with body image a lot and it really struck me what a great attitude you have.

Wow, this makes me kinda teary!! Thanks, I struggle too, but I have more good days than bad, and that is certainly something to celebrate!

On a different note, my dinner out was GROSS:mad: I can't believe I wasted a cheat on that! But I really had no choice -- everything there is unhealthy and gross. I just ate a small amount of my dinner, and a piece of cake. Ehhh, what can you do? Better luck tomorrow.

Morris, The fresh air was GREAT today! The longest I've been outisde since Julia was born is just to run from the truck to PointX. I loved it.

Id say you did pd good on the eats! Beter than me anyway!

the last couple days, .....I'm not happy with. I'm getting very little sleep and I think I'm going to food for energy. I skipped my workout tonight. I was going to do 1rms and I just have zero strength tonight. I've been up til midnight (or later!) almost every night this week. Combine that with waking up to nurse for an hour and waking up at 6 for the hoodlums....... I"m tired!! We put the versaclimber togehter instead.:)

I'm going to bed to get some good sleep. I won't sleep til prob 10:30 but its better than its been, I put the rest of the cookies in the freezer in the garage. NO SWEETS TOMORROW! i will wake up rsted and refreshed to eat clean and have enrgy for a butt-kickin' 1rm session Sunday night!

....and I love Julia!:D

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.