####Clean & Tidy Weekend####

angie_mitchell

Cathlete
Good morning everyone,

I'm exhausted this morning. I couldn't sleep last night for some reason and then Ellie woke up at 6:30 and after I got up wit her, I was awake. So now I've been up with the girls for 2 hours and Ryan's still in bed and so I'm just waiting for him to wake up so I can go back to bed.

Sorry I never came back yesterday. You guys were chatty! Ryan and I spent the whole afternoon/evening going through old pictures and organizing them. We have ridiculous amounts! It's crazy. The life of pre-digital cameras!

Yesterday I did MM. I am SOOOO weak. I could barely get through the 2 sets of 12 push ups on my knees. :eek: Guess I need to really get back into shape. Anne, don't begin to think that I'm going to roll right through this rotation - modify however you think necessary. Nobody expects perfection! :D You'll do great, I'm sure!

Katie, I'm totally in love with my HR monitor too - isn't it awesome!? I find it totally motivating too.

I'm with all of you about the school thing. My girls start on Monday and although they've never gone (and I never thought I'd be one of the moms to say this), I can't wait for them to go. They are so bored and going stir crazy and I'm so tired of entertaining them! It doesn't help that I don't have any social outlets to speak of. :(

Ok, time to start cleaning up the kitchen and unloading the dishwasher and such.

OH! Ryan is buying me an iPhone today!!! I'm so excited. I get an iMac and and iPhone in one week!! I'm the luckiest girl ever. I lost my charger to my "pay as you go" phone and so I need something to replace it. He's being SO nice to me lately. Trying to make this transition easier, I think.

Today's WO will be Kick Max. Yesterday's eats were pretty clean. Lots of chicken (as it was the best option). I did have some bread and brie for my "dessert" since Fridays will be my somewhat cheat day.

OK, I'll bbl. Hope you are all soundly sleeping. Je suis fatiguee.

angie

I just looked at Cathe's Jan rotation and I think it will be perfect for me for February. I will have Gym Styles then but not pyramids... I figure I can sub something for the pyramid WOs... we'll see.

I'm excited to be able to do rotations now. I think it will really help me! Well, I decided not to go back to bed because I figured it wouldn't help me go to sleep tonight. So, it's just going to be a long day.

OK, I posted this question on the Cathe's rotation thread but I thought I'd ask here. If you look at the Jan '09 rotation, she uses Pyramids (each once) and on PS workout. I know that there are upper/lower body premixes... can anyone help me find them or do you know of a list of premixes anywhere?

Good morning Angie!! Wow, an iPhone!! I love mine, couldn't live without it. You can download a free app so you can get tranations from english to French. You can also download workouts lime cardio coach and such -- not sure if you have an iPod or not for that, but you will now! I this k I will forgive that man for making you get up early with those girls so de he's buying you the iPhone!!

Someone asked yesterday about my HRM -- I got the Polar F7, same as the F6 except the chest strap is fabric instead of plastic. I freaking love it!!

Things at moms are going fine, I'm about to head to the club for my run. I am pretty sore from PS legs yesterday, but I'm sure I'll work some of that out once I get moving. I'm going for a 600 calorie burn - I'll report back!

BBL

go katie, go! how far do you usually run? 600 cals should be at least 6 miles i imagine? not sure as i do not have a cool hr monitor;)

angie, sorry for the early morning. myabe you can take a little nap later. your strength will come right back, i am sure.

hey to everyone. i am at work, again, but hope it goes quick. no plans this afternoon. tomorrow i need to do a little clothes shopping for aidan's christening in 2 weeks. eating went well yesterday. i need today to be even better! i am stressed, though. my dad once again broke my mom's heart. i talked to her this am - i am trying to only talk to her every other day as it is so emotinally draining and as part of my resolution, i am saving more for my family. anyways, it was so hard to talk to her. i just want her to be strong and move on with her life (my dad cheated on her, left her, and has been doing his own thing for the last 11 months, yet she still keeps hopnig he will come home). i love my dad but am very disappointed in his choices and his selfishness. anyways, all i can do is support my mom but try to keep some energy for myself too. i do not want to be in their marriage. whew - that was a quick and simple synopsis of a not quick or simple problem!

i did my cardio this am - elliptical for an hour. i am excited that starting tomorrow i can run 4 days a week instead of every other day. i also hope to add a little impact cardio this week like cathes blast stuff. not sure what to do for upper body weights. i may try some of ff's mish moshing, but i looked at her january rotation, and i do not have the pure strength series:( any reccomendations? bbl

Hey Morris!! I just got Pure Strength for Christmas. I asked for it because I had read that it was the most similar to Gym Styles, and my body really responds well to that type of training. Anyway, I FREAKIN' LOVE IT!! PS is awesome!! A must have for anyone who enjoys / responds well to that type (hypertrophy) of training. Anyway, on the running front, I am NOT a runner. As Kate would say, I only run if I am being chased!;) But I recently discovered that I could do it -- I ran a WHOLE MILE without stopping (6.0 pace) and I felt like a new woman. But I don't have access to a treadmill at home, so I only really get to do it when I visit my mom or dad. DH says we can buy a good one with tax refund. Good news on running 4 days / week! And please share pics of the christening when the day comes.

WORKOUT DONE!! I alternated a fast walk (4.2 mph) with a jog (6.2 mph -- very fast for my stumpy little legs!) for about 6 miles. I ran a mile AGAIN! And then AGAIN! Here are my stats...

Time: 1:10:16
Cals: 646
Avg HR: 164

If my legs weren't sore from PS Strong Legs yesterday, they sure are now!! SM tomorrow for sure!!

Morning ladies.

Angie sorry about your lackofsleepmax. Just go into the bedroom and make a lot of noise...he'll wake up. On the other hand let him sleep since you are getting some really cool gifts.:)

Katie thanks I've got to get a HRM and keep track of my stats too. I've been lazy concerning cardio in the past month. Your av HR was 164 excellent:eek:!

Morris sorry about your mom and dad. I like the BM2 upper bod section.

My w/o today was 15min step machine, K-bells 2 circuits, Tracey core 10min.

Next week I';m going to try a little experiement. I'm going to do Gym Style 3 day slit, 2 cardio's and one k-bells. It looks like this:
sun-off
mon-GS
tues-cardio 45min
wed-GS
thur-cardio 30 min & standing GS legs
fri-GS legs floor work
sat-k-bells with 10# weight (more upper bod)

If I can make it through alive, I may try this with the STS.

b-oatmeal
l-salad and chicken

Rotation looks good, Robin!! I like to break up LB standing work and floor work too -- I can't take it all at once!! I am absolutely addicted to my HRM, and I am commiting to keeping track of my workout stats in 2009. So far I have written everything down in my planner (too much to fit on the Cathe calendar I think). Avg HR of 164 was definitely good, but my max HR was 184:eek::eek: Is that bad for me?? That's about 95% for me, if I'm doing the math right...

Eats have been good. Cereal with skim milk for breakfast, just ate a clif bar and an apple. I'm thinking lunch will be light chicken salad and wheat crackers, dinner a big salad with spinach and chicken. I've got to shed these holiday pounds!!

Where is everyone else? Kate, Klaudia, Colleen???

Waaa! I just lost my whole post! And it was long-grrr.

I was gone all morning grocery shopping. Didn't do it or my workout yesterday. I was a total sloth. Today is a total body, but I'm not sure which one. Tomorrow will be HIIT and abs. That'll bring my workouts for the week to 5. Not bad. Darrin's at the movies with Milla and tonight we're going to a college friend's house for dinner with his family-he has 2 sets of twins(natural) and a new baby!! Should be fun.

Anige, you are raking in the gifts, girl! Can't wait to see what you get next year! Keep at those push ups-yyou'll be on your toes for all of them in no time:)

Katie, way to go on the run! I'm not a runner either, but I like to challenge myself to complete a couple of 5k's every year. Helps me break through plateaus, too. And all your talk of HRM is going to enable me!!

Morris, sorry about the family drama. I know how emotionally draining it can be. Just keep focusing on your family and keep the endorphins flowing.

Robin, your rotation looks great. Keep us posted on the results.

Hi Anne and Kate!

b-kix
l-soup
s-fruit, cheese
d-?

bbl...

Hey girls,

Dinner over. Wasn't quite clean. I made one of Ryan's faves which is spaghetti pie. I made myself a large plate of greens beforehand so I wouldn't overeat but I still feel too full. Especially considering I want to WO in about an hour and it's supposed to be kickmax!

Katie, I'm so glad you're enjoying your HR monitor too. I'm tracking my WOs in an excel spreadsheet that also lists my rotation. I'm such a nerd. I think I'm going to attach progress pics to it too.

Morris, so sorry about the FD! I can't imagine dealing with that. I have a friend whose parents divorced when she was an adult and it was SO hard on her. I think it's so difficult to reconfigure your family thoughts when you get older!

Robin, I did let Ryan sleep this morning - I figure it was the last I could do. :) Your rotation looks great! I hope you guys all get STS soon! I can't wait to see what kind of results you get!

Klaudia, sorry you lost your post. That's so annoying! Thanks for the encouragement on the push up thing. When I did the X I could do about 20 on my toes. Need to get back to that! And next year Ryan's taking me (and my best friend from high school and her husband...) on a cruise for my 30th! So, I'm pretty sure that will be it. :)

Ok, I'll report my stats after my WO!

I can't believe it's only lunch time for all of you. It's bed time for my kids. :)

hello!! trying to get a lot done today.

eats are clean, doing cardio tonight.
did bc around 9 last night. looks like im back to nighttime wo's:( julias worth it tho!

bbl....

Hey, everybody, just a quick drive by on my way to cleaning the ovens. Yes, plural, I have a double oven, which I love except when I have to CLEAN it! Oh, well, it really needs doing and since I don't have to travel this weekend, it's time to get it done! Rest day for me today, Angie and I have HSTA on tap for tomorrow. Yikes! I'll be back later for personals.

anne

Hi Everyone,

It has been a busy morning finishing my holiday returns and cleaning. I need to give DH a new year's resolution to clean the clutter. Maybe we should switch places for a weekend! Tonight we are finally going to visit our friend's baby (he is 18 days old). They are making chili for dinner. I hope it is kind of clean.

Anne, I always use the self-clean on my oven. Then I ask the cleaning lady to clean up the rest.
Kate, as long as you get your workouts in, it doesn't matter what time you do them.
Morris, work on Saturday - Yuck! Sorry about the FD.
Katie, I have considered getting PS but I didn't want to get anything until STS came out. It is on my list for post-STS workouts.
Robin, good rotation. All that weight work should burn any extra #'s you want to get rid of.
Angie, I looked at the Jan rotation too but I gave my sister my Gym Style and Pyramids so I am going to stick with circuits. I think you can get the premix list if you search each DVD in the Cathe store.

w/o was KPC
b: pumpkin pie oatmeal
s: banana
l: chicken enchiladas
s: blueberries & yogurt
d: chili

The ovens are clean! Well, kind of, the bottom one doesn't get really clean, but it's better than it was before. The top one is self cleaning, but the arm to lock it doesn't work anymore and replacing it is really expensive, so I just bite the bullet and clean it myself. I have to say, Easy Off is a wonderful product. Everything really did just wipe right off. It took longer to clean the racks than the ovens themselves.

Angie, I probably should have warned you about the fact that I can't stick to a rotation. I did Slow and Heavy for three weeks straight once and that was a HUGE accomplishment for me. But, I have 4 weeks before I go to the beach, so I'm highly motivated.

Colleen, how's the new car? Have fun seeing the baby tonight.

Morris, sorry about the family drama. I know how draining that is. I don't have any words of wisdom except remember to take care of yourself!

Katie, good job on the work out! I'm glad you like your new HRM.

Kate, busy day, huh? You're so dedicated to your work outs, it's inspiring.

Klaudia, have fun tonight. That many kiddos around would drive me crazy, but it's different when their the children of people you care about, isn't it?

Robin, you're making me want to try kettlebells! But, I'm going to resist for the time being, until Klaudia and I can figure out how to meet with the trainer in her area.

Okay, I'm going to sit around some and then there are more bowl games on tonight. Football is a big deal at my house, so it should be fun. Did anybody watch Utah last night? That was a great game, I was so glad to see them go undefeated.

Talk to you later!

anne

Hey everyone, kick max done! I have to say that at the beginning I was pretty bored and thinking it was not going to be a good workout and of course then she goes into the blasts. My goodness! It's still not a huge calorie burner for 75 min of working out but lots of toning/core work. Here's my stats (just for you Katie!):

Cal burn: 493
Average HR: 135 (this was low)
High HR: 188

Those leg conditioning drills are pretty crazy. I can't get my leg even close to 90 degrees!

Hey Kate, hope you're having a productive day. I'm finding that working out at night is OK but I have a hard time settling down. Until my french lessons start (still haven't heard from teacher) I may do them in the mornings while the girls are at school.

Colleen, I think I'm going to do Cathe's Jan rotation in Feb - I really want to do circuit training this month but that one looked pretty good too. I suppose there's probably not a bad one! She tweaked it for me to replace the WOs I don't have.

Anne, don't worry - I've never stuck to anything. My ultimate goal is to do a rotation every month and stick as close as possible to it but I know life gets in the way and I just need to take it one day at a time. I SOOO miss sports being out here. We can't watch anything... :(:( I especially LOVE college basketball and I'm a March Madness freak so I have no idea what I'm going to do this spring. Ugh.

Ok girls, it's late and time for bed. Have a good rest of your day!

angie

Whoa -- max HR of 188 -- you go girl!! Maybe I need to dust off my copy of Kick Max!!

I'm home from mom's, glad to be home, now I need to scrounge up something for dinner!!

gotta be quick, but need to catch up...

morris, i hope wrork went by fast! i'm glad i dont remember too much of my parents split - i was 3. is the divorce final yet? ((hugs))

katie, glad you made it home safe! ^5 on the hrm!

angie, ^5 to you too!! enjy your last day w/ your girls tomorrow. you will look forward to weekends like none other now!:(

anne, i would LOVE 2 ovens...and 2 dishwashers....and 2 fridges....
in fact we're meeting this wk w/ a builder to see about adding on. #1 on the list is a mega-huge kitchen!

colleen, hugs for the baby!! i already miss julia being that small! wah!! i want another one!!!!:(:eek::eek::eek::eek:

klaudia, YOU ARE NOT A SLOTH!!! i'm sure!
have fun tonight! itll be lively for sure!

robin, are you ready for break to be over????:eek::p:confused:
hope your kb's go good!

-------------
what a day this has been! i've been a cooking machine!
eats have been strange & all over the place, but doing good!

tomorrow we have church, friends for lunch, and COLLAPSE! i cant decide if i want the weekend to be done or not! if its done, the girls go back to school. but if it continues im never gonna get a break! :+)

Last edited:
kate, i really hope you get a break - you are super woman. and what fun about your house!! now, are you really going to try for another baby??

angie, great workout. i have only done the drills and blasts in km - it is fun!

katie, great wrokout - i would definately get addicted to a hrm if i had one.

anne, i love easy off, and i totally know what you mean about the racks.

colleen, have fun tonight!

klaudia, hope dinner is fun - that is a lot of kids!

robin, how were the kbs?

thanks for everyones kind words. my mom has been on the phone to me several times today in tears - not easy at all. i just hope she can find an inner strength and get thru this. despite my stress level, eats were 90% good today, just a few too many carbs. i also did bc cardio only as a 10 min stress releaser - it helped. dh and i were supposed to watch a movie, but dvd player is broken. tomorrow i am hopnig to get a little shopping done and get outside with the kids. bbl

morris, super crazy, i am!:eek: I *think* i want a 4th, but I just love little julia so much that a big part of me wants her to be my last and spoil her rotten with lunch and shopping and playing while her big sisters are at school! I want to give birth again - crazy, I know, but I LOVED her birth and I really want to do it that way even just one more time.:eek: I go and stare at her all the time while she's sleeping and when she wakes up and looks at me and smiles my heart just melts. Man, I'm sappy tonight! My period better not be starting! LOL! Our plan on the 4th is that we'll "wing it" (noo contraception) until Julia is almost 1.5. If we're not pg by then Mike will get a vasectomy. If we have a 4th it would be so Julia has a sibling close in age and I don't want them too far apart or they'd lose the "close playmate" status. .......clear as mud? I thought so!

Sorry about your mom. That cannot be easy.

Good job to you on the eats and the bc cardio! I was a little carby today too. Better to be carby than crabby I say!

Too bad on movie night with DH.. My favorite "date" with Mike is watching movie in bed in the dark whil eating warm cc cookies with homemade vanilla ice cream.... YUM (in more ways than one!)!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.