()()()()clean&tidy weekend!!!()()()()

angie_mitchell

Cathlete
Hey girls,

I'm SO glad it's the weekend. Ryan's got 2.5 weeks off now. He doesn't go back to work until Jan 6!!!

Just wanted to get us started today. have some errands to run and things to do. Today will be 10-10-10 - we'll see how I like it. And I might do the leaner legs abs too.

Have a happy weekend all - I'll BBL!

Hey Angie!! 2.5 weeks off? That's awesome! When are you guys going to Paris?

Well, yesterday turned out a bit different than expected. I went out shopping for a few last minute things, and Collin's preschool calls (NEVER FAILS, right). So instead of getting all my errands done, I go pick him up, come home for a nap, then to the Dr. for a possible UTI. Then more errands, wrapped some presents, then FINALLY got to the cookie baking!

I am half way done -- 8 dozen down, 8 to go. I don't think I am going to have the time (or patience) to do gingerbread again -- we'll see.

Someone asked what I was doing with all the cookies -- I am packaging up little baggies of each variety and putting them into bigger bags, and tonight and tomorrow we will deliver them all to family and friends -- 8 bags, each with about 4 cookies each of 6 different varieties.

Robin, I am sure you have had wedding cookies before, they go by several different names. They are little balls (or crescents) cookies with butter, finely chopped almonds, 10x sugar, and then rolled in 10x sugar when they come out of the oven. http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Italian-Wedding-Cookies-III/Detail.aspx

Better get going, bbl.............

holy cow, katie - that is such an undertaking! i am actually going to try my hand at gingerbread "trucks" tomorrow. 1 batch is good for me:) sorry about the uti. i know just what you mean about that "free time" for errands. enjoy today!

hi angie - wow 2.5 weeks with dh! i am not sure how i'd do with that...:) no, it would be fun, though. any special travel trips planned?

i am so happy - i did my elliptical this am in running shoes (instead of my boot for my broken foot). no pain! i also walked on the treadmill, and again, no pain. running is coming my way son, and the doc said once i can run, i can do any impact. yeah!!!.\

today will be clean except for going to my aunt's where she has cookies for us. she makes these greek biscotti typpe that i adore. i usually givve them all away so i do not eat them. i will have 1 i am sure, but hopefully that is it. dh went grocery shopping yesterday and did come home with skinny cow ice cream sandwiches. i am determined to not unwrap them this weekend. friends are coming for dinner tonight and i am making beef stew in crock pot - it is a bit salty, but clean otherwise. bbl

Angie, How wonderful! That is going to be great to have him home! How was date night last night????!!!!

Katie, I would be so sick of flour and sugar!! LOL!
How is Collin doing? Poor little guy! Is he hurting?

Morris, You must be so excited! I'm excited FOR you! You'll be Imaxing by the New Year!
Have fun with your company tonight.
I've had biscotti once but it was dry and hard. Yuck.

We have brunch with Santa today! I'm so excited. But isabel is scared to death of Santa and likely won't sit on his lap. Gina will stand there speechless! At least I'll get a picture of Julia with him! LOL! That is, if she isn't sleeping! Oh, well, there's always next year, right?!

Tonight we're going to a friend's house for dinner. She thinks she's Martha Stewart.:rolleyes: We're not super good friends with them and they have a different circle of friends that we do. We are the oldest couple that will be there, and the only ones with kids. She is doing a cookie exchange where we're supposed to bring 4 DOZEN COOKIES! Uh, I think not! So I said we'd come but I'm not doing the cookie exchange. First of all, I am way too busy tkaing care of 2 kid and a newborn. Second, I don't want 4 dozen cookies BACK to eat! She said she understood but I'm still like 4DOZEN COOKIES! If it had been one or 2 dozen, okay. but FOUR!!! Can you tell I have a bad attitude about it?!:p

Last night we were at in-laws for our annual fondue and gift-giving for the kids. I did good on eats and the kids were happy with their gifts. Mike's folks went CRAZY buying gift cards for us! Mike got $100 each to Home Depot, Lowe's, Menard's and Gander Mtn. They got me $100 each to Children's PLace, V'Secret, W'Sonoma, and Bath & Body Works. CRAZY!!!

I think I'm taking a rest day today. It's normally tomorrow but we have a pretty busy day today so I'll switch.

Man, I've typed a lot. The kids are asleep, can you tell?!:p
Hvae a great day!

Good morning girlies!

Getting ready to brave the roads and go to my Aunt's donut shop for a high school reunion of sorts with some friends that I've reconnected with from Facebook. I used to work there growing up and firends used to hang out there. I'm taking the two little ones with me. Tonight we're supposed to go to Holiday Nights at Greenfield Village-huge museum with extensive grounds. It's supposed to be in the low 20's! Not sure we'll be going-Darrin got home at 6:30 this morning and will probably be going out again tonight-we're supposed to get another 1-4 inches.

Yesterday I did 4DS KB/abs. And I ate 4 cookies-had to try them all before I give them away:) Today is a total body workout-I'm thinking MM. Hopefully I have the time.

Angie, how awesome to have you hubby home for 2.5 weeks! I'm jealous! Darrin gets a week off-used to get two-and it can't be during peak season. If it is, it has to be midweek-midweek.

Katie, busy day yesterday! I made a version of wedding cookies yesterday-we call them butterballs. They have flour, honey, butter, and pecans and you roll them in 10x sugar-yum:)

Morris, glad you got to work out in shoes. You'll be running before you know it. Beef stew sounds so good. I might have to get my mom to make hers-my fav:)

Kate, have a great time with Santa-don't eat too many pancakes!;) Nevena slept through her first visit with Santa too, but it's such a cute picture anyway. You scored big time with the gifts yesterday! I hear you on the cookie exchange. I have a cousin who hosted a 40th birthday for her husband and wanted to make it potluck-actually TOLD you what to bring!! I was so offended. The nerve of some people, I tell ya!

Hi Anne, Colleen, Robin!
Ok, gotta get ready. I'll be back later...

Morris, awesome job on the workout, I bet that felt so good!! I remember how annoying that boot was, can't imagine trying to workout with it on!

Kate, FOUR dozen for a cookie exchange?? That's ridiculous!! And WHOA on the gift cards -- i'll trade you for some white choc mac nut cookies;)

WO this morning was a freestyle circuit for chest, tris, bis, and abs...

push ups
overhead ext (20#)
standard curls (16#)
abs
bench press (17#)
lying ext (9#)
hammer curl (13#)
abs
flyes (16#)
kickbacks (7#)
curl w/twist (15#)
abs

12 reps of each for UB, 30 reps for abs
repeated circuit 4 times

Okay, off to bake some more!!:D

Morning

Katie you are the cookiequeen! I think that I did have those cookies before. Good w/o today

Angie 10-10-10 is fun.

Morris YAY you did your w/o with shoes. you are almost there.

Klaudia enjoy your high school reunion

Kate why does she need 4 dozen cookies to exchange with others and she does not have kids. Kate it sounds like you will be doing alot of after Christmas shopmaxing.:D I love gift cards.

Well ladies even though I'm not on the wagon, I did do a w/o today (15min stepper and 40 min Lauren k-bell). I think if I work the next 2 weeks with circuits/intervals then I shouldn't really gain much weight...I hope:confused:

I received my Cathe calendar. WOW it is so nice. It hard to believe that STS is almost here.

b-egg whites and turkey

Wrapmaxing and some food shopping for the rest of the day.

Last edited:
Hi Everyone,

I had an early appt to get my haircut this morning so I haven't had a chance to check in until now. I did not really want to work out this morning but after changing my mind 2 times, I decided on KBX. It was fun - I did the Ultimate premix but skipped the bag and abs. While I was skipping through the bag portion, it looked good so I may try sometime when I have more time. Today is wrap maxing, possibly seeing a friend's new baby, paying bills, working on STS and hopefully some studying. I doubt I will get that all done but I can dream.

Angie, I am so jealous DH has 2.5 weeks off. I would not mind haven't that much time off right now.
Katie, sorry your errands got sidetracked yesterday. Hope you finish your cookies today.
Kate, 4 dozen cookies!!!! Is she crazy? Hope the breakfast with Santa went well.
Robin, Good job on getting your workout in. I don't think any of us are really on the wagon. We're just trying not to fall off too hard.
Morris, I bet it feels great to be wearing shoes!
Klaudia, have fun at your reunion. Hope you get a break from the snow tonight.

hi everyone

kate, 4 dozen cookies is nuts. i'd have to throw all mine away if i got them!

robin, your workout plan sounds good. what food shopping are you doing?

klaaudia, have fun with your friends! hope you see dh soon.

katie, that sounds like a neat workout. how long did it take?

well, no cookies so far, though i am now baking double choclate biscotti for our friends for tonight. and, they are semi clean, so i better give them all away. tomorrow, finn and i will make gingerbread men. it is so cold here, i was really hoping to sled, but 11 degrees is too cold for the little guys. i am hoping to at least take the dog out later. bbl

hello again! just did my wo - gs back & biceps. The plan was to do it 2x but Julia needed me:) so I had to do just parts of it the second time.

Santa was tons of fun. Got a cute pic - will try topost it later. Yeah, right, you all say!:p and guess what????!!!! they had whit choc mac nut cookies!!! it was like christmas for ME!!! i wanted to sneak some in the diaper bag!:eek::eek::eek:

and THANK YOU for the support on the 4dozen! glad im not the only one who thinks thats crazy!

katie, you go on that freestyle circuit! mike always does freestyle - i HAVE to have a video!

klaudia, would you believe i have never been to g'village??! one of these days.... hope you gtg is fun! hows darrin holding up? i wouldnt have gone to that 40th party - that stuff drives me crazy! my sil pulls that garbage all the time. mm sounds fun - after dec. i'm just going to wing it and do my faves til sts.

robin, the cal. is so nice isnt it? im excited for jan. 1! oh. wrapmax - dont remind me! i need to check stock and see what else i need to get dds.

colleen, good luck fitting all of that in today! a new baby! i already miss that super-newborn stage! good thing i cant get preg yet!!! i really want a heavy bag for kb wo's.

morris, have fun w/ the g'men! we're doing sug cookies wed i think.

angie, how was 10-10-10?

anne, any special plans today???

dh doesnt want to go tonight and is trying to convince me to stay home! what do i do???!!!!:eek:

Last edited:
Kate, skip that get together tonight. Use Julia as the excuse--newborns are the perfect out for that stuff. Okay, she's not a newborn any more, but it's way too cold to take her out or have someone come sit with her, right?

Klaudia, your no bake cookies sound fantastic. I love Greenfield Village, but haven't been there in years. Maybe I should kidnap Kate and we should go.

Robin, how's the wrapping coming today? I need to do that, too.

Morris, did you take the dog out? It's chilly here, too, but sunny today. We're supposed to start getting more snow soon, though.

Colleen, how's the haircut? I love getting my hair cut.

Katie, you are a cookie making machine! I think you have a lot more energy than I do.

Angie, I'm also jealous that you and DH have two and a half weeks together. But, I'm happy for you, too!

Sorry I didn't make it back yesterday, my internet connection went wonky. My work out was shovel max--and I'm feeling it in my lower back today. I'm sure it will be fine by tomorrow.

Today I ran errands like crazy and then watched the end of the Michigan State-Texas basketball game. Go Spartans! I'm so happy they won, aren't you, Klaudia? I know, it's just a game, but my self worth goes up when people I don't know accomplish something. Just kidding!

Anyway, the other thing I did today was book our Mexican beach vacation. We're going here the first week of Feb.:

http://www.locogringo.com/akumal/akumalbeachresort.html

I can't wait. It's the kind of place where there's plenty to do, but you don't feel guilty if you don't do any of it, either. I'm planning to snorkel and read. I do want to go to the ruins at Tulum, but otherwise just sit around.

Okay, I'm making Kate's chicken tortilla soup for dinner tonight. I'll let you know how it turns out! Have a good night, everybody.

anne

well, we did stay home tonight!:D i had a bad attitude about going, dds were all tired, and mike wanted to stay home. yay us!

anne, your vaca looks AMAZING!!! whining: i dont wanna wait for ours in july!!!! and, yes, come kidnap me!!! i feel like jumping into the jacuzzi yelling "calgon take me away!":p 2 girls in bed, 1 to go!!!!:D hope you like the soup! mike and i love it!

not exactly a cleanday it coulda been way worse so im :) w/ how it went. squeakin' tomorrow!

Anne, I was in Riveria Maya in October. It was great - we went and saw the ruins in Chitza Itza. It was great but a really long ride. We didn't go to Tulum.
Kate, glad you stayed home tonight. Hope you got some family time.
Morris - 11 degrees - too cold. It is 30 degrees here and I think it is too cold. We are supposed to get sleet tonight and I was hoping to go to the mall at 8 am to get the last few gifts. We'll see what it looks like when I get up.

I got almost all the wrapping done today which is good. I also got through another 3 discs of STS. Didn't do any studying - maybe I can squeeze it in tomorrow. Have a good night everyone!

Oh my word, I slept until 8 am!! I was planning to squeeze in a quick cardio session, not sure now if there is time!!

Cookies are all baked and today is delivery day!! Chris and I are going out to run a few last minute errands, then off to visit family and deliver the cookie bags.

I am sore from my WO yesterday, especially in my abs. Someone asked me how long it took me -- about an hour, I had several interruptions from a toddler:rolleyes::p

Food has not been clean but not terrible either. The scale is not up, which is a bonus. I just wish I didn't feel so "fluffy.":D

Have a great Sunday, BBL.............

ohh katie, i know what you mean about fluffy! try to remember, though, it is the holidays, and hey, your scale is not up!!! good luck fitting in the cardio.

colleen, i am jealous your wrapping is almost done. i will start today....

kate, how are you?

we are brcing for a nor'easter - 10-14 inches. dh and kids and i are getting out this am for a bit, though. workout was cardio and squeeze legs and abs. hope to do some weights at nap time for upper body. eats will be clean - yesterday ended up 90% there. today will be good. bbl

Hey there everyone. Sorry I was MIA most of yesterday and today. I guess it's still morning for you guys though. I ended up not doing 10-10-10 last night - or working out at all. We got a couple of calls from family and friends in the US and it just didn't happen. it was 9 p.m. by the time I was done. I'll have to figure it all out.

Today we did a little shopping in the AM. I'm trying to find stocking stuffers for the fam. It's really hard to do here! Not what I'm used to. It's a little discouraging but just a lesson to be learned. All character building, right?

Anne, so jealous about your vaca! I hope it's fabulous!

Kate, glad you got to skip out last night!

Katie, I agree with Kate - couldn't do a circuit without a video! That's why we have Cathe!

Klaudia, fun keeping up with you on FB! Your fam is adorable and you're just all sorts of ripped! Keep up the good work!

Hi to everyone else, girls are begging to play... gotta go. BBL!

angie

Hi Everyone,

Well we had some ice this morning but it was mainly on the cars, sidewalks and it warmed up quickly so it is all melted now. I had to scrape the ice off of DH's car to get out and then I finished my shopping and bought a dress to wear on Christmas Eve. So shopping is 100% done and I just need to wrap coworkers gifts and then I will be done. Yeah!

Today we are going to my in-laws for dinner. SIL is in town and is making dinner for everyone. It will be interested to see what she makes because she is allergic to gluten, her boyfriend is a vegetarian and MIL thinks she is allergic to soy. I think she is going to make something separate for her boyfriend, but we'll find out when we get there.

Morris, that's a lot of snow. Hope you can stay in and snuggle with your family.
Angie, I bet it is really different shopping in France. Hope you find some stocking stuffers.
Katie, guess you were wiped out. Have fun visiting everyone today.

colleen, good luck w/ dinner!:rolleyes: thats a lot of dietary restrictions!
katie, feel like a rt to mich to deliver some cookies?;)
morris, doin' good, thanks! have fun getting snowed in!!! ************ im w/ you on the eats - mostly good, slightly rough around the edges!:p
angie, lovin' having ryan around???
just think of all the character you'll have by the time you return to usa!:)

quiet day here! church this a.m., relaxing now.
laura is babysitting in a bit so we'll take julia w/ us to go out to eat .....
AND PICK OUT OUR ELLIPTICAL!!!! we're so excited!

no w/o today - rest day
eats have been clean, dinner out will be at mcalisters - easy to eat clean there - yummy salads.

klaudia, is darrin plowing over-time??? the wind is CRAZY HERE!!! we're surrounded by fields and our driveway keeps blowing over. mike is not pleased!:p

anne, how was the soup?

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.