+-+-+CLEAN/TIDY/TUESDAY+-+-+

angie_mitchell

Cathlete
Good morning clean & tidy girls,

This morning was a 30 min interval (kind of) run for day 2 of couch to 5k. I have a hard time stopping after only 60 seconds of running but I know it's good to start slowly. Then I did 40/20 and sjp abs.

Yesterday was a pretty good day with the kids. Lots of reading and coloring and playing games and dress up. They were really pretty good.

Today we have a few errands to run and we're going to make banana bread. I think I'm going to try to make some protein peanut butter balls from the recipe thread.

Clintoya, that's so sweet about your DDs. I really hope my girls grow up to be good friends. Thanks for the congrats on the test. I got my score and was 1 point behind the highest in the class! YAY!

Anne and Kate, I'm so jealous that you got to go to step together even if it was weird. I really hope we can all do a RT some year together!! Maybe the year I move back? Everyone start saving your pennies!

Lisa, did you make the frosting? I love cream cheese frosting! I love cream cheese. How were the turkey burgers. I wish I could get ground turkey here!

Anne, I didn't watch the game yet but I found out who won - we're going to watch tonight. LOL on the vacuum. :)

Kate, were you bored yesterday? You posted like 85 times.

Nina, how fun that you have STS! YAY!! Love our C&T fairy-friends. I have some lentils and plan to make soup this week!

Colleen, I can't believe how much snow you're getting! I hope you can get out today!

Klaudia, I saw your ice cream concoction on FB - super yummy. How was the lentil soup? Can I have the recipe?

Robin, how is work going lately? Sorry about the V-day plans at church. I think you should still go.

Becky, I wish you could come babysit for me tonight! I'm glad that DH isn't upset about his lack of weight loss. ^^5 to you though! How much snow did you get?

Wendy, I'm not crazy about CTX cardio. It's a lot of hi-lo which I don't mind as long as it's fun and not just kinda silly. kwim? Oh, and I had no idea you were so short! I'm in that club too. Just about 5'2". I'll take some of Kate's height too!

Katie, I'm so jealous of your weekend away with Chris. I hope you guys have a great time!

Hi to DrBecky! Where are you? Am I missing anyone else? Sorry... I get overwhelmed. :):):) I love this group though.

So, 8 years ago I married my best friend. I'm so in love with my husband and so blessed. He's awesome! No plans for the anniversary. We'll watch the superbowl together and I'm making nachos. :)

Gotta shower and make b-bread with the girls.

Good Morning Girls !

Angie, what a cheerful post ! Happy Anniversary to you & Ryan !
You had a great workout today.

I didn't sleep well. Could NOT get to sleep and then was awake by just after 3. I laid there an hour , hoping to fall back to sleep but just couldn't. I hope I have some energy today.

It's still dark out of course, but we're getting more snow. The roads are covered , that's all I can tell so far. We still have lots of snow from the last storm.

Today is STS back/shoulder/Tricep and I'll add some yoga in later. I was going to add cardio but we'll see if I've got it in me after such a short night.

Hi to everyone !

Becky

Good morning Becky! I'm so sorry you're not sleeping! It's early!!! I hope you have some energy today to do the things you want to do! Have a great day!

Angie, LOL! Guess I didn't have too much to do yesterday!:p:p:p
RT for all of us would be a blast!
Happy Anniversary! Hope you guys have a fun "date"!
Nice job on your WO!
Glad it's going well w/ your girls!
Good job on your test too!

Becky, Boooo to no sleep! Hope you can get a good WO in spite of it!

-
Work @ Kgarten, Take 2! It's gym day today so I'm excited about that! I'd rather do that than Music any day of the week!:D Need to get some grocs too since this "storm" is coming - but I'm not going to hold my breath!

Eats will be 100% again....momentum is high!
I got to WO 4X yday!!! Got ahead in my weight lifting so I'm glad for that. Should be able to tack on PUB or something else by the end of the week now. Today will be cardio & biceps.

See ya!

Kate have fun at school.

Angie I love banana bread but with walnuts.:) Happy Anniversary.

Becky sorry about lack of sleep. I was up last night also but refused to put on the tv.

I have a long day at work, so the day will go fast.

bbl

Morning ladies! I got my GWF yesterday and wore it last night and this morning for some HiiT. Very interesting stuff - my sleep efficiency was 85% - I was laying down for 8 hours but only asleep for 6 hours and 45 minutes. Wonder why....

I burned 495 calories while I slept (about 1 cal/minute) and 359 calories during my workout (between 7.5 and 9.5 cals/minute). I am wearing it all day today and I will report back tomorrow.

Robin, don't you have some sales coming up at work?
Kate, your storm is headed my way too. Are you doing the RT in NJ this summer? Maybe *I* could be the preg one this time!
Becky, sorry about the sleepless night. Maybe you can catch a nap today?
Angie, killer workout(s)! ^5 on the test score

hi everyone. sleepless night here - woke at 3 with an eye infection. i am so uncomfortable - dr appt at 10:50, with boys in tow:eek::eek: i had a super fun wo this am - 2.5 mile run, hiit 40/20, hiit 30/30 (did it 40/20 style) and some kb drills. i am majorly wiped out.

angie, happy anniversary, and congrats on the test!!

kate, lol at your 4 workouts per day. just what is your goal?;);)

katie, you sound very very scientific. i am afraid i would get wayyy too ocd with all those numbers, but it is so interesting.

becky, sorry for the insomnia. stay safe in the snow.

robin, good luck at work.

bbiab. oh, and eats were 100% yday, and i am going to have another great day!

Good Morning Everyone!

Well I made it out this morning and I am at work. The Federal Government is closed again today and probably will be closed again tomorrow. I don't think it has ever been closed 3 days in a row. I am getting a little depressed about all this snow but I guess I can remember this when I am sweating this summer. No workout this morning - I just stayed in bed. I figure I will be snowed in this afternoon, tomorrow and possibly Thursday that I can catch up tonight. I have Disc 13 CST on tap.

Katie, interesting stats from your GWT.
Angie, great score on your test. Happy Anniversary and enjoy your date night.
Kate, good luck at the grocery store. I am glad you are finally getting some snow. Enjoy gym class today.
Becky, sorry you did not sleep well last night. I hope you don't get too much snow.
Robin, I hope your workday isn't too long.
Nina, hope your eye infection clears up quickly. That sounds painful.

Morning!

Confession time: way too much sugar andno workout AGAIN yesterday:( I let time get away from me and then didn't have the energy after we got home from dance. I need to get this last Meso 1 workout done! I'll do it after lunch-please hold me accountable! We're expecting 6-10" of snow tonight into tomorrow-Darrin thinks snow day for the kids:) We may skip dance tonight depending on the storm.

Angie, I'll post the soup recipe this afternoon:) Happy Anniversary! Perfect way to celebrate:) And awesome workout!

Becky, sorry for the lack of sleep. Hope you get a chance to rest today.

Kate, great job! I need to take a page from your book! I really have no excuse for my laziness. Have fun today!

Robin, have a good day!

Katie, very interesting numbers. Don't now if I could wear it all day though-my friend does.

Nina, O. M. G.!! I have no words! Hope everything is ok with your eye! Those are not fun.

Colleen, I usually hate snow but am looking forward to it for once! Maybe cause it's February and this is our first good snowfall of the winter!

Robin, Banan bread w walnuts!NOw you're talkin'!

Katie, I'm excited for you and your GWF! Hve a great day!
I would gladly let you have the prggo title @ RT this yr!

Nina, OOOOOWWW!
Not sur what my goal is - just really enjoying my WOs lately!:D

Colleen, WOW on all the closures!
Extra sleep sounds good to me!

Klauida, Soryy for the food funk! Snap out of it!:D You've got me dreamin abt pear crsip now!

-
Groceries are gotten - Im ready to get snowed in!!!!

Angie, happy anniversary :) You are off to a great start w/your classes! Yes, it would be great to actually “meet” everyone :)

Kate, yes, she is most of the time, you know how 16 can be, up and down :) Great job on the 100% eats!!

Robin, sending “fast day” vibes to you!:)

Katie, the gofit sounds like it could be really helpful! Let me know if it works for you-I wanted to get one, but have been back and forth on deciding.

Nina, sorry about the eye infection:( Hope they can give you some quick relief.

Colleen, glad you made it to work safely. I am sure it is no fun there, it isn’t fun here, and your area has it so much worse.

Klaudia, you can do it!! I need to get started on meso 2 and life is getting in the way!!

Becky, hope you can find a chance to get some rest today.

Hi to everyone else!!

Trying to get caught up here. It is crazy how just being gone one weekend can put you so behind. Will bbl. Eating was so so while we were gone, but I am back on track now. Did kpc yesterday.

Clintonya

Nina.......your workout.......HOW ??????????? I would never attempt what you did today WITH a good night's sleep , how do you do it ???

I did chest/shoulders/tri and then jumped on the TM for a 30 min. walk.

We are officially snowed in. Roads are horrible , snow is coming down hard & steady.
I'll feel better when my DH is home for the day instead of out on the roads.

Clintonya, good on getting back on track !

Becky

Quick drive by, it's meeting madness Tuesday for me.

But, step class was fun! Just not what I was expecting based on the class description. It was great to see Kate--you look fantastic, too!

More later.

anne

back from eye doc - my boys were soooo good!!! must make lunch pronto. i will be doing 1 rep maxs after lunch. anyway to make them into a wo? i am due for some weights today, but i gotta do those 1rm....

DR appt done. sooooooo, xray showed i chipped off a piece of bone and the 1/2 inch sliver is sitting right where my tricep hits, explaining the pain i have. he said a piece that size shouldn't need surg, just need to give my elbow time to heal around it. he said no kickboxing or power for at least 2 weeks until he sees me again. padded elbow thingy and try not to force movement, just rest rest rest. i guess i will have to ask someone to show me how to use all of the nautilus machines at the gym so i can at least continue some lb and core work. i always ignored those machines! so step and groove are ok, and i will use the machines 2-3x/week on the power days.

eats have been decent. same breakfast. lunch was l/o chick, rice, red pepper from last night. making swordfish with mango salsa and wh couscous for tonight.

nina, what did they say about your eye? your workout, oh my... dont know what to say. i think i would pass out.

angie, happy anniversary!!! you're plans sound great =)

kate, do you have a big storm coming? i still can't believe we have avoided all of the recent wintry craziness around here but im sure our turn is a-comin.

becky, hope your dh gets home soon. you can spend the next day on the couch together =) thats one good thing about big storms.

anne, glad you enjoyed step class! was the choreo just simpler than you expected?

colleen, glad you got to work ok but sorry you HAVE to work with all =(

clintonya, where did you go? someohw i totally missed that. i feel so behind the times!

klaudia, did you get your workout in after lunch like you planned?

oh yeah, no wo today thus far. dr was this am at gym time =( hopefully i can fit in something later on. its so hard with dh home and the baby underfoot! i need to get my cardio on and i just got KCM 30 MTF bootcamp and cardio blast.... should try one of those.

So not a good day-on my way to pick up Nevena from school I got rear ended:( I was at a complete stop waiting to turn when I got slammed. Luckily the air bags didn't deploy and he didn't push me into oncoming traffic! So now I'm debating working out-I'm kinda sore. Ugh. At least my eats are good and I got my grocery shopping done!

Clintonya, I think I may just end up making this my active recovery week! It seems like the more I try, the harder it gets to follow my rotation.

Anne, glad you girls had fun!

Nina, maybe do a body part split of 1 rep max exercises? What was wrong with your eye? Glad the boys behaved!

Wendy, at least you know what's wrong now and can work on getting healed. Your meals sound delish!

klaudia, so glad you are okay!! how scary scary for sure. how is nevena? i think stretching sounds good, or just take a walk on the tm without worrying about speed or incline and watch some silly tv! my eye is red, swollen and painful - corneal infection and inflammation:( should be better in 3-5 days of drops.

wendy, i am so glad you went to the doc and now know what is wrong!! i am glad there is still so much you can do. when i exercise with the boys i like kickbox or things with no equipment and little space.

becky, hope dh gets home soon. great wos!!!

clintonya, are you getting any of the nsaty weather?

kate, are you snowed in yet?

so, did anyone read the thread in od on cardio for maintenance vs weight loss? as you all know, i do a ton of cardio. i do not know why - mainly i guess b/c i love to run distances. also, i get such an endorphin rush that i seem to be addicted to. anyways, i am curious about overtraining. i think it is different for everyone. i know i am not exhausted, not prone to injury, and those are the main symptoms. i know my wo this morning was kind of crazy, but i just kept wanting to go and go, and i knew i needed to not run too far. anyways, just some musings.

eats are spot on so far, but i am hungry!!

Wendy- I'm glad you got to the dr. and got a diagnosis. OUCH though, sounds painful ! Take it EASYYYYYY and let it heal !!!!

Nina- ouch @ your eye ! Do you wear contacts ? I hope it's all cleared up SOON!

Klaudia- SCARY !!!!!!!! I'd only do stretching or maybe walking. Sometimes you don't feel it until the next day with something like that and I wouldn't want to risk it .
I'm so glad you are okay ! Did your car get banged up ??

I was reading on the couch under a blanket and fell asleep. It was only for about 1/2 hour but it felt so good. I needed it !

Becky

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.