()()()()clean & tidy tuesday ()()()()

angie_mitchell

Cathlete
Good morning!

Just getting us started... French lessons in a few min.

Feeling a little better today. Undecided about WO. We'll see how I feel after lessons, picking up kids, lunch, etc.

Bfast was granola and fruit cereal.

Keep it clean!

angie

Good Morning Angie and all to follow!

Angie, I posted some info that I wanted you to read at the very bottom of yesterday's thread. Check it out if you get a chance.

I was in a total funk when I got out of bed this morning (probably because it was 4:40 am :eek:) but coffee seems to be helping:p WO this morning will be GS chest and triceps.

Re: yesterday's comment about running 12 miles this week.... Sunday I did 4 miles, about 2.5 was jogging, the rest was a fast walk. That's about normal for me, so would it hurt for me to do two more sessions similar to that this week? Or would that be too much too fast? Maybe one more session? I don't want to hurt myself... TIA!

WO done, I made it, although I was struggling on parts. Eats will be clean today, but the only green vegetable I have in my house is broccoli -- no salad ingredients. I need to get to the store today, but not sure if I'm gonna have time.

See you all later!

good morning katie and angie:) and all who follow.

angie, glad you are feeling better. what was it?

katie, i hear you on the 4:40. great workout. regarding mileage, think about how much you have been running per week. if you normally run once a week, do it twice this week. 3 times is too many if you are only used to once. if 12 miles walking is normal, that is great. next week do 3 jogging sessions. does that make sense?

i had a great run this am, and an awesome night last night. aidan slept from 8pm to 6am!!! gosh i hope this happens more. today is music class and errands. i need more veg and good food, but i cannot do a big shop with both boys. also hope to do 4ds ctand s 2times. uh oh, gotta grab kids. bbl

Hey girlies!

Sorry about yesterday. I was lurking, but didn't feel up to posting. Didn't work out, but I did get my house cleaned. Was feeling lonely so I had my parents come and stay the night cause Darrin had to go out at 3 p.m. and worked til 1 a.m. Today I have to go volunteer in Milla's class, then the doctor at 10:40, and then some errands. Let's hope I can find the motivation for a workout this afternoon. Eats are all over the place, but I'm not stressing about it-it's the least of my worries.

I'll try and come back for personals this afternoon. I hope everyone has a great day with their eats and workouts:)

klaudia, hugs and support comign your way. you sound kind of sad:( hope it isn't tmi, but i had a therapy appointment yesterday, and it reaally helped with my family and household stuff. i hope you can get a refferal. i do not mean to be pushy and hope it doesn't sound that way. i do know how lonely things can be , esp in winter, esp with dh working so much. take care today

angie, bon chance w/ your french lessons!

katie, 440 is way early! i was up nursing julia then!:D i went back to bed tho!:D broccoli, yuck! sputter, gag, dry heaves!

i was grocerymaxing at 10 last night. i have got to find a way to get more done in the day. im getting quite down about it. im up til 11 every night and i never sit. well, exceptto feed julia!;) the only thing i could possibly cut out is exercising but thats not happenin'!

morris, i :almost: went for my pilots license. fil has his (and planes and a chopper!). i got too busy w/ school and work. id liike yo get it someday. yeah, someday! when mike & i were dating he flew us to traverse city for dinner! how cool is that?
go aidan go!!! thats awesome! i bet you feel great!
have fun at music! ita on groceries w/ the kids! thats why i was there at 10 last night!

klaudiA, hugs comin to ya!
have fun at millasclass. i miss that.

--------
leg press to be delivered today! assembly is another story!

did imax3 last night while mike did the ellip. he was making fun of the hip flexor repeater - lol!!!!

Hey nobody told me that it can snow in NC:eek: Any snow near you Katie?

Angie maybe you should rest another day?

Morris great night that is good. Maybe he is maturing and will sleep thru the night from now on. That's good advice for Katie.

(((Klaudia))) feel better today. Maybe do a shot cardio w/o like 15 mins. That may perk you up.

Kate no no no don' cut out your w/o. hip flexor repeater :D you tease

I woke up and saw the snow and thought that we will have to shovel the sidewalk :(...and then I remembered we don't have a sidewalk :D
So after my w/o snowball fightmax today!

Last night I ate bake chicken with black beans and salsa.:) It was so good. I might as well make some soup.

w/o Lauren's k-bells 15min stepper and core work
b-eggs and can. bacon
l-black bean soup
d-spegetti and turkey/beef meatballs

Excellent article y-day Katie!

You should post that on Open Diss. forum.I'm going to print it out and save it.

So I've decided to do the 3month rotation b/c the 3rd month is heavy weight training. I think Cathe is doing the 3 month rotation.

Morning, everyone!

Angie, I hope you're feeling better and the French lessons go well. If you're still under the weather, tho, I agree you should take another rest day.

Kate, have fun with the leg press. And, take a deep breath. You have 3 kids, one of which is still tiny, of course you don't have any time! Let the house get dirty, that's what I say. And, yeah, totally cool that you flew to TC for dinner when you guys were dating. How fun was that?

Robin, SNOW????!!!! You can have some of ours, too. We're running out of room to put it when we shovel. Ugh.

Morris, you must feel so rested today. And, I agree with you about therapy, I have found it tremendously helpful.

Colleen, do you work today or is everybody off for the festivities?

Klaudia, {{{{{{{{HUGS}}}}}}}}. Please know you can post/lurk here all you want because we care about you and hope you get feeling better. Winter is tough, isn't it?

So, today was supposed to be CardioFusion, but I don't have that work out, so I did Step Blast. That's tied with Rhythmic Step as my favorite Cathe step tape. And guess what? I did the whole challenge without taking a break! I think that's the first time I've ever done that. Then I did abs from Keli Roberts Real Fitness. Does anybody else know that work out? It's really old, but I love her ab work.

Okay, I'm unexpectedly busy at work today, helping out a co-worker who's under the weather. I'll try to be back later.

anne

Good Morning Everyone!

Well it is a madhouse down in DC for the inauguration. There were lines an hour long to get onto the trains downtown and I just heard they closed the National Mall because there were too many people. I am at work today but they have set up TV's in the conference rooms for us to watch.

Robin, we just got a dusting of snow yesterday. We all stood by the windows yesterday hoping for more so we could go home but that didn't happen.
Morris, that's great Aidan slept through the night. Hope it continues
Klaudia, {{HUGS}} I hate winter too but it is much shorter here than up North.
Kate, I don't have kids and I feel like I have no time either. Don't worry if the house is messy. I don't think you will be on your deathbed wishing you cleaned the house more.
Anne, sorry you don't have Cardio Fusion - it is a good challenge. ^5 on making it through the blasts in StepBlast.
Angie, hope you are doing better.
Katie, glad you made it through your workout. I always keep frozen veggies so I have something if I can't get to the grocery store. Right now I am trying to clean out because I found duplicates.

w/o was ME TimeSaver premix
b: oatmeal w/ almonds
s: banana
l: veggie delight with tofu & rice
s: grapes, veggies
d: ?

Hey all,

Just a quick check in to let you know I did WO. I did cardio fusion but kept it pretty low key. Took out a lot of the jumps and didn't use the ball or weights in the drills. I skipped the last drill b/c it had been an hour and I had already burned 500 cals so I was done. It's amazing how good of a WO I can still get w/o going anaerobic. HR still got up to mid 170s.

I am feeling a little under the weather but still functioning pretty regularly. Just a sore throat and a little cough. I've been a quasi-motivated exerciser for so long and have always taken any excuse I could get to take a day off. I'm really trying to move out of that way of thinking and just make it a way of life. If it means taking it easier, I'll do that. I just don't want to totally skip the WO.

OK... bbl for personals. Almost inauguration time...

colleen, you could not pay me enough to be around that inauguration today!

angie, good job on cf! ive never done the whole thing.

robin, glad you dont have to shovel! we never do. i just put it in 4wd and punch the gas!:D we get such blowing w/ thecorn fields that itspointless to try to keep the driveway clean.

anne, good job on sb! so fun! dont know kr.....
good luck at work oday!

------
thanks for the understanding on the busy days! i feel like im constantly neglecting isabel and i know im not but i just wish i had more time in the day! dont we alltho ????!!!!
ps - im sick of evening wo's!:p

hey everyone - i am fighting big time cravings:( stuff i normally fdo not want like cake and cookies. i will talk to you guys then do some weights.

kate, i know what you mean about not enough time and neglecting the kiddos. i do however, believe we set the bar pretty high and cannot eevr do enough. kwim? cool to have a plane ride to dinner.

angie, great workout, and feel better!

robin, have fun with the snow balls. i think sts like cathe does it will be best the first ime. i wish i had it cominig but cannot manage the purchase right now.

anne, sb is great!one of my faves too.

colleen, where do you live?

lunch was clean, and i did have a lick of frosting and a mini skinny cow fudge pop:eek: nursemax now and then to the weight bench!!bbl

hellllllooooo-oooooo! is anybody out there?

angie, hope you're resting up/fighting off sick germs!
klaudia, take it easy & know we're thinking about you!
morris, hows music?

eats have been clean, but prob. too much!:mad: but blast it im hungry today!:eek:

somebody please make julia sleep longer than 30 minutes!!!!!

morris, my fellow lowercase letter friend:p, you snuck in on me!
if i had eggs i'd be baking up a storm right now! i want carbs! sweet ones! i had trscuits and grapes instead...... must. resist.!!!!!! if you stopped ata lick of frosting you're doing way better than i would!! we do have choc. ice cream..... ugh, forget about it!:p:eek:
happy lifting!:D

To my dear amazing clean and tidy gals,

Thank you from the bottom of my heart for all of your support, encouragement, and hugs during the past few weeks. I cannot tell you how much it means to me knowing I have you all out there with your kind words and nicely toned shoulders to lean on. I don't know where I'd be without you-probably eating my way through gallons of ice cream;) But with your encouragement, I'll be going down to find some long lost endorphins. Thanks so much for letting me vent, whine, freak out, etc. and for keeping me around. I love you:)

Ok, now I'm off to Target-ALONE with gift cards!!:)

Hi everyone. Sorry my posts have been short lately. Somehow the days get away from me.

Kate, I can totally relate with feeling like there are not enough hours in the day. I stay up late as well. It's so hard with a little one though, give yourself some slack and I agree - let the house get dirty (and indulge that sweet tooth every once and a while!) LOL about the hip flexor repeaters. Ryan would prob have a field day with that one too. I haven't done imax3 yet... this week will be the time! :)

Katie, thanks for the info. I'm definitely going to see how I like GS next month. I am hesitant merely because when I did P90X, I don't feel like I got "smaller" but all around bigger and it was frustrating. I don't know what my problem was but Ryan noticed it too. I am just kind of in the process of figuring out what works for my body because I know that isn't the same for everyone.

Morris, YAY FOR SLEEPING BABY! I hope he gives you another good night. Don't you feel like a totally new woman? And if a skinny cow is the worst thing you ate today, I think you're OK! :)

Anne, I haven't done the full step blast yet, I've only done the Fit TV version. I'm anxious to check it out b/c I LOVE Rhythmic Step! It's been so fun doing this rotation with you this month. Thanks for joining me and I think you're doing awesome!

Robin, hope you're having fun snowballfightmaxing! :) I can't wait until my kids are old enough to sled and ski and really enjoy the snow. I'm sure we'll have plenty to enjoy when we move back to IL!

Klaudia, (((HUGS)))! Hang in there and take care of yourself and let us know if there is anything we can do. A little Target therapy sounds wonderful though! I have some major tendencies towards depression and I know sometimes it just takes a while to climb back out of that hole. Glad your doc confirmed you weren't dying. Did you get a referral?

Colleen, the inauguration sounds crazy. We live streamed it from CNN/Facebook. It was pretty cool to watch. I get lots of American pride with stuff like that. :) How is the ME timesaver? I've been thinking a lot about checking out premixes - thinking that I'll do timesaver type things when I have visitors in town so I don't leave them for hours on end...

OK, time to watch last night's episode of 24. Peace all. :)

angie

angie, how much does ryan help out? i love adore etc. mike but sometimes......:rolleyes: well, he is about zero help w/ the house. he says he needs "down time". well, i do too, but i sure dont ever get it!:confused: to me, if theres time to read a magazine, theres time to do dishes or laundry. the only time i EVER sit is to feed julia, and im sure you know thats not exactly what i call relaxing!:eek: "yes, dear, its soooo relaxing to hold a 15-lb. baby for an hour while she SUCKS MY BREAST!":p he's prob right and i just need to lighten up and learn to relax!:eek:

said baby is conking out......isabel time!:)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.