+-+-+CLEAN/TIDY/THURSDAY+-+-+

angie_mitchell

Cathlete
Good morning girls!

Quick check in before I take the girls to school. Planning to do B&G this morning. I'll keep my weights light so my foot doesn't freak. I think it's really getting better. Going to try to keep myself busy and happy today...

Have a great Thursday! I'll be back after my WO! (Lisa, you still up?)

I'm done with B&G. I skipped the last 10 min of the floor work (the stuff on the hands and knees) because my legs were already toasted and then only did about 1/2 of the core work. I took it really easy since I haven't worked legs in a super long time and I actually want to be able to walk tomorrow. My foot seemed ok through it all.

I'm thinking of doing 2 upper days and 2 lower days until I feel comfortable putting more pressure on my foot. Do you guys think 4DS all upper premix will work well with PUB? Then I'm thinking B&G and L&G. Thoughts? With some light walking mixed in and I finally got my yoga DVD so I'll give that a whirl as well.

Need to grab something to eat and go get the girls from school. I have some errands to run this afternoon so I'll check in again later. Working hard to keep it clean today!

Morning Angie! ^5 on B&G - even with light/no weights, you will still feel the burn of that one. Do some extra stretching later on! B&G and L&G are my favorites! For UB you could do PUB and 4DS or you could do the two "timesaver" workouts from the GS to make a full UB workout and it would be about an hour. I *heart* GS!

Need to get down to the TM - be back in a few!

angie, i hope you have a great happy day today! think of those 2 sweet girls & your loving dh! so muchto be thankful for!:):):)
youre making me want to do all those wo's!!! i need more time in the day!:p

katie, have a great run!

patti, i dont freeze the food. i have this awesomewonderfulfantastic little cooker that makes cookng herfood so easy so i just do enough for a cpl days at a time.
-

run tonight for me.
super clean eats are a must adter my indulgence yday.
dinner at mil's tonight for fil. i hope she makes a cake i dont like!:p i doubt m will have any so that will make it easier for me to resist!

we have our durango back!!! i get to go get grocs today!!! im so excited!!!!:D:D:D

yea on the car kate! havea fun run.

angie, good plan. i second katie's idea of the gym style timesavers to make a tb wo. i did that earlier in the week. those wo's are the best.

katie, i read your post last night. don't sweat the cereal, please. easier said than done, for sure, but you prob needed the food/fuel. hope you have a great run.

trying to catch up as i was mia yesterday afternoon....

lisa, so cute about p! aidan is standing alone and ready to walk. his favorite is dancing. he bops to any msic.

patti, your dessert sounds yumtoo. are both kids in camp?

anne, how was your vcisit with the fam?

h klaud, hi robin, hi colleen.

well, good news is i had a great run outside this am, despite the rain. last outdoor run for a week:( bad news is too much fd yesterday. i stress eat as uyou all know, so my indulgence was a weightwatchers ic cup (portion controlled at least), 1/2 a lara bar, and 2 tbs pb. strange, i know, but that is what i did yesterday:mad: today i will try to manage my stress better. i need to vent to dh, and that will help. aidan has his 1 year check up today. cannot believe my ittle guy is so big. also planning to do chest and tris later. bbiab

morris, as far as cheats go, yours was pretty mild! but i know the :mad: of eating food you werent planning on!
im so thankful m lets me vent away....even abt his fam! i have so many friends who cant say a WORD about their inlaws! id go nuts!:p
great run!!!:D
:(:(:(:( to your baby growing up!!! I am DREADING the first birthday! But maybe I'll have another one on the way right about then!;):p WHat??? You say I actually have to have sex to make that happen????!!!! hahahahaha!

LMAO Kate - we have to have sex to get preg? Darnit!!
Morris, your cheats were not bad! Glad you had a good run.

Five mile tempo run done. Off to work!

Glad I'm not the only one who feels that way, Katie!!!!:p:p:p:eek::eek::eek::eek:
Great run!!! You are getting FAST!!

Morris, Are you getting used to not working?!:D

-
clean, filling breakfast! Kashi & an apple....YUM!!!

Sad news here, Jim's aunt died last night. He doesn't know plans yet, but does not want me to go with him. Which is fine, I guess, it will be nice to have the house to myself. I just feel bad, though, she was a wonderful woman. As far as I know, they haven't told his mom yet, they'll tell her today.

I did do a 4 mile run yesterday with my new running buddy. She's much faster than I am, so I had to take a lot of walking breaks, but she didn't seem to mind. We're going to go again next week.

I'll bbl for personals.

anne

Morning!

Ended up going on a 40 minute power walk while the girls rode their bikes instead of kb or bc. And I got my abs in too! Dinner was salmon, sauteed spinach, and a baked sweet potato. Today is legs-I'm debating betweeen 4DS or Plyo. Nothing else on the agenda besides dance this afternoon-looks like rain here.

Angie, I like your rotation-why don't you do GS one week and 4DS the next?

Katie, nice run! You'll be telling us you're going to do a marathon pretty soon I think:) I had a bowl of cereal last night too!

Kate, yay on the car! I wish Darrin would enable me that way-instead he chows down! LOL on the sex to make babies! I got pregnant by osmosis-ha!

Morris, sorry about the stress eating, but it really wasn't that bad. You burn off way too many calories anyway.

Anne, so sorry about Jim's aunt. I hate that we go to more funerals now than weddings.
Good job on getting 4 miles in! Do you find that running with her makes you run faster? Your bike vacation looks awesome! I'd love to do a family vacation like that. I saw one where you bike and take a train too-looked so fun!

Hi Robin, Colleen, Patti, and Lisa:)

Last edited:
Anne, I'm so sorry about Jim's aunt. I hope his mom takes it well.
Great job on the run!

Klaudia, A walk is maybe one of my favorite things to do! WTG on the abs too! I've been much better at getting mine in lately - and seeing results! yeah!

Colleen, Are you getting slammed at work???

-
Getting lots done and playing with the girls to boot!
Meijer soon - I CAN;T WAIT!!!!!!:D:D:D

Afternoon girls... it is a good day! Had a good lunch with the girls and then went shopping for a few things and now getting ready to head to pick up a few groceries. Came back to the house to have a clif bar fix since my tummy was grumbling. Eats have been good. Ryan has a dinner meeting tonight so it's just me. He made cupcakes last night and they're sitting on the counter... I will not get bored and dig into them! A bowl of cereal might be just the thing I need.

Anne, so sorry about Jim's aunt. So sad! Good job with your run though!

Kate, LOL on the sex thing. You'd do it to get pg though! I know you! You love you some babies!

Klaudia, I think I'm going to try to stick with 4DS/PUB for at least 2 weeks. I jump around too much and thus can't see my progress/growth. Power walk with kids sounds great!

Morris, someday my indulgences will look like yours... :) when does dh leave?

Katie, hope you're having a good day! Great job on TM run!

OK, off to grocery and kid pick up. BBL.

hi everyone. my anxiety is thru the roof:(:( this just sucks. but, goo thing is no stress eating.
kate, could you grocery shop for me too? i hate that!

klaud, nice wo yesterday. i love walks and wish i had a walk buddy. oh, and more time.

anne, so sorry for jims aunt

gotta run

Morning everyone! I did IMAX 2 this morning- a 50 minute interval run was on the rotation but I thought IMAX would be a good substitute. I also did Ab Circuits no equipment abs- got a good burn.

Eating has been good and I'm feeling great. I haven't had any diet soda this week and I swear I notice that I don't have as much of an appetite. Huh.

Kids are at camp- outbreak of hand, foot and mouth disease in Max's class. ACK. Hope my sweet boy doesn't get that- blisters in the mouth, eek.

Angie: I love 4DS- I think that is a great one to switch off with PUB. You make me want to do PUB now! Ack, MUST follow planned rotation! :)

Morris: That's a pretty mild cheat (in my world where I can down a half pint of B&J ice cream), but I hear your frustration. I am a total stress eater too and it bites. My problem is sometimes I pick myself and get back on track and other times I'm off the range for a few days. That is bad bad bad! But you're back in the game right away, no worries.

Anne: I'm sorry about Jim's aunt.

Kate: You are my hero if you can figure out how to do THAT! :D Yay for a car and LOL on your Meijer excitement.

Klaudia: Good dinner last night- I think I have both 4DS and plyo legs on my list for next week. I think this June rotation hits legs twice, which is good for me.

Hi Katie, Robin, Colleen, Lisa!

BBL.

hey

Katie what is tempo run is it like intervals?

Angie good w/o and I'm glad you are feeling better. cover up the cupcakes so you don't see them. Maybe if you don't see them, they won't see you ;)

Kate yAY about durango. Free Again. LOL sex max...well there is another way but too expensive.

Anne so sorry about Jim's aunt. How old was she?

Klaudia good w/o today. I love that salmon dinner.

Y-day I saw Aunt Clara and she said WOW you lost so much weight. :confused: I thought what is she talking about. After I drove her home she called Irene and said that something was wrong with me...I must be sick because I lost so much weight:eek:. Why is my family so crazy. They believe that all black women are suppose to weight 200#:rolleyes:.

menu
b-egg whites on whole grain toast
l-left over chicken and beans
s-apple and grapes
d-??

Hi Patti good subst for workout. I glad you have not had a soda all week. But if you neeeed one then buy a small juice and seltzer water or just flavored seltzer water. That works for me.
I hope you DS don't catch it.

My w/o kbells Providence 40 min and stair machine 15min.

Last edited:
yay!!! i got cs lower body done! now i can do cardio during dds quiet time this afternoon! looks like it might rain for run tonight. bummer

robin, wtg on the compliments!!! soak em up!!! so motivating isnt it???

patti, imax2 & abs - great start to the day!
hope max stays healthy - yikes!!!!
wtg on the pop!!

morris, I WOULD LOVE TO BE A PROFESSIONAL (caps - oops__) groc shopper!
sooo sorry for the stress!:(:(

angie, you betcha id get in the mood to make a baby!!:p:p:p
great attitude! glad youre having a good day!
remember.... sug slows the metabolism & promotes cancer cell growth!:D

Kate, you can come do my grocery shopping too! We need food bad!

Angie, put the cupcakes where you can't see them! Thank goodness Darrin doesn't bake and I don't buy box mixes-too tempting!

Morris, I wish I had a walking buddy too. We saw a couple of the neighborhood moms yesterday, but they were crawling! Like they were strolling on a boardwalk:)

Patti, I think I might do that-4DS legs today and Plyo legs on Sunday. My legs could use all the help they can get! Hope Max doesn't get HFM:(

Robin, I bet you look somkin'! When my family tells me I look too skinny I tell them their view is distorted from being around overweight people all the time-they don't know what normal looks like anymore!

Kate, I can tell the rain is coming cause I'm getting a headache:(

b-1/2 cup cottage cheese, 2 kashi strawberry flax waffles, 1 cup mixed berries
l-roast beef wrap, carrots
s-latte, apple
d-?

Last edited:
Robin: I'm sure you look healthy and strong- what would we do if our families didn't lecture us on being too thin?? ;) I like Klaudia's theory- their perception is off from being around too many overweight people. Good idea on seltzer water- may try that. I've been squeezing lemon or lime in my water and that helps when I get bored. But bubbles might be nice.

Klaudia: I would love to be your walking buddy! I'm 5'9" with long legs- I promise I would go fast! :eek: I always think about when I was 9 months pregnant and on bed rest- my MIL was the perfect walking buddy then. She shuffles soooooooo slowly.

Patti, my MIL is incredibly slow, too. It takes her 2 hours to get up and get dressed every day, then an hour at night to go to bed. She's very frail at this point. Great job on IMAX 2! Don't you love that work out? It's one of my favorites. It has no dread factor for me, the way IMAX 3 does. I don't remember the last time I did IMAX 3.

Klaudia, nice breakfast--that sounds yummy. I'm starving over here, but luckily it's almost lunchtime.

Kate, how's the grocery shopping? Are you happy to have your car back? Wait, I think I know the answer to that question.

Robin, I don't get the family thing either. I'm definitely not too skinny and no one ever accuses me of it, trust me! Just tell them to back off and leave you alone. I know, easier said than done. Why do people feel it's okay to comment about the way other people look? I don't get that. I think our society is obsessed with looks.

Morris, {{{{{HUGS}}}}} I'm so sorry about your anxiety. You know you can vent to us any time, we're always here for you. You are going through so much right now, my heart goes out to you.

Angie, it sounds like you're having a good day, I'm so glad to hear that!

Katie, ^5 on the run this morning! What are you up to tonight?

Colleen, are you buried at work these days? I'm guessing I know the answer to that question, too.

Jim's leaving work early today to go home and get laundry done. He's going to spend tomorrow with his family near his mom's house, then he and his brother are flying/driving to Nova Scotia for the funeral. Neither of his sisters can go because they don't have passports or enhanced driver's licenses to get back into the country. For those that don't live near a border, they've tightened up security and you can't just come and go like you used to. How far from the border do said sisters live? Oh, about 15 minutes. Jim told them to take of this a long time ago, everybody's known it's coming for something like 3 years. But they just didn't do it and now they're both upset they can't go. I'm just shaking my head...

Off to lunch soon with some friends. Kate, we're going to Grumpy's Diner at Mt. Hope and Penn. Isn't that near your doctor's office? What's that practice again? Thanks!

anne

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.