+-+-+CLEAN/TIDY/THURSDAY+-+-+

angie_mitchell

Cathlete
Morning girls,

I slept pretty well last night. Ryan said I was snoring a lot but at least I slept. I think I slept solid until about 3 then was awake for about an hour. Then had a dream that my BIL tried to kiss me so that was weird. :confused::confused:

I'm feeling much better this morning. My throat is still pretty sore but I can tell I'm on the mend for sure! I love antibiotics. Honestly, this is the worst sickness I can remember in a while. With my temp so high, I was absolutely miserable! I just couldn't relax and I just wanted to cry. :(

So, my babies are going on a field trip to the zoo today! Isn't that crazy? They are going on a bus for like an hour and a half and I had to pack them a lunch and everything. I'm a little nervous letting them go... especially Ellie but I know they'll be fine. It's just hard to let go!

We haven't decided if we're going to go to disney or not this weekend. I think I'll base it on how I feel at the end of today.

I'll be back in a while after I take the girls to school. Good night Lisa!! :)

gross dream angie! i would vomitto kiss my bil!:p
sorry you were so sick - but glad ypure doing better!
ikwym re the field trip! i have always gone WITH dds but there was one i couldnt the wk after j was born. i was so sad....but little isabel did just fine....and is prob better off for it!:D

-
today is ginas last day of 1st grade. im excited & sad. excited for the summer, sad 2nd grade is on its way.
we're going to her class picnic & she can come home @ 130.

wo - run w/ laura and maybe cs

b - wheat chex, fruit
s - 9grain toast
l - plain turkey sandwich, peppers, multigrain crackers
s - ???
d - ginas choice - steak & potatoes!:p love my girls!

Good morning, Angie! So glad to hear you are feeling better. I had strep throat not long ago and I agree - it was the sickest I had been in a looooooong time. It's miserable. Glad the meds are working for you. And you poor thing with your babies on a field trip! How nerve wracking! And I am sure it makes you feel like they are growing up to fast!

I am happy to report that yesterday was super-duper-squeaky clean! I did B&G in the morning, eats were in check all day (lots of fruits and veggies, cals in check, portions in check). After work I walked on the tm for 20 minutes while dinner cooked, then did some stretching for lower body. I baked cookies for Collin's classs and ate NONE. Chris had a brownie with ice cream and I wasn't even tempted.

I am motivated for another squeaky day. AND, it's Thursday -- sooooo close to the weekend!

k, wtg yday!!! i am beyond impressed w/ no cookie nibbling!
keep up the good work! it feels good to be proud of ourelves desnt it?:D
yes, 2nd grade & kgarten. wah!!!!:p ginas gotten soooo tall...i dont like it!:eek::p

whoo hooo katie! you rock. hope it is another great day.

angie, glad you are btter. disney sounds so fun.... rest up!

kate, what a bittersweet day for you. how is miss julia?

good sleep for me, great am wo - 5mile interval run and boot camp 4ds drills and abs. i should do ub today b/c i am not sure i can tomorrow, but i am too sore after yesterdays c and b. ah well, i will wing it. i want another squeaky clean day before i decide if i have to realy reduce cals to get off a pound or 2. it is so beautiful here today. i cannot wait to take aidan for a walk in the woods in his backpack. bbiab

Thanks ladies! The scale was MUCH kinder to me this morning, which keeps me motivated to keep going!

4.7 mile interval run - I felt sluggish and my legs felt heavy. I need to think about whether or not and how I can do weighted leg work with all this running coming in my future...

Morris, ^5 to you too on your clean day yesterday! That's awesome! If you are still sore, don't lift again (IMHO).

"See ya" at lunch time!

hey kate - need some baking advice here. aidan's 1st b-day is monday, and i want to make him a cake without refined sugars. i have a cool looking recipe except it has 3/4 cup white sugar. any recommendations? or any alternative recipes? thanks!

Hi Everyone!

Angie, so glad to hear you are on the mend.
Morris, ^5 on the clean eats. Why don't you do bis, tris and shoulders today?
Kate, congrats to Gina for completing first grade. Your girls are really growing up.
Katie, I think doing heavy leg work caused my injury, so I would not recommend it. I believe that runners world might have some recommendations for weight work while you are training.

Last night we had some excitement. Just as I was getting ready to go up to bed, we saw a bat flying in our house. We opened the front door and had to wait about 5 minutes for him to fly out. We were afraid he wouldn't fly out because it was raining. He kept flying toward the door but not going out. I am glad he is gone. Chris has a pest expert he is going to call to try to figure out how the bat can get into our house.

w/o was Imax 3
b: oatmeal
s: almonds
l: tbd
s: blueberries & yogurt, chopped celery & cucumber
d: tbd

katie, re running and leg work, my pt told me runners should do weight bearing exercise for legs only if you want to really run distance. i tend to follow a set of lower body exercises 2-3 time s a week. the b and g this week was with no weights at all. i used to do leg wo's and still run, but it became too much. just my 2 cents, which really means nothing:D

hey ladies

No w/o y-day :mad: so today I doubled up and did ellip cardio coach 40min and Amy k-bell 20mins:). It's true you do feel better once you finish.

Angie that kiss dream may mean that you are feeling uncomfortable with something or someone. Now snoringmax...my late husband use to snore like a drill.

Kate great idea for meals "ginas choice". One night per week I should have kids choice. And doing cs for about 3 weeks i'm so much more flexible than before. I love those workouts. Is Gina as tall as you :p My DD is about 3 in taller than me.

Katie good going with clean eats. Keep it up girl. Maybe you can try and do the squats from M3. You don't have to do the weight that is on the workout cards, just lower it for week1 and only add about 5 pounds per week. You know Cathe will work you hard. With M3 you only need BB no need to take out DBs.

Morris woooo great w/o! Your legs must feel like noodles.

Colleeen YIKES bat flying is like a flying rat. :eek:YUCK.

brunch-egg whites and turkey
s-popcorn
d-spaghetti and pasta.

Do anyone know of things I can make for dinner with no meat?

Last edited:
Hey Robin, awesome WO today!
Morris, tell me more about your lower body routine. And when do you do it -- on running days or non-running days?
Colleen, YIKES on the bat!!:eek:

Squeaky clean here so far, but I am not feeling well -- a headache I can't seem to shake and my stomach is queasy. (No, NOT pregnant:p)

Back to work. I think I'm going to have some raspberry tea with lemon - hope that gives me a list to get thru the afternoon!

Angie - Too funny that we are 12hrs apart. I'm starting my day now as you are winding down. Good night to you if I don't get on after this for awhile! Yay for feeling tons better and sleeping.

Katie - Great job on the eats!! And not even being tempted!!

Morris - I was wondering about running and lower body also since I've been running at least 3-4x/week now. I have stopped on my lower body sort of because I don't want to bulk up, iykwim? Is that true or just a myth?

Kate - My odd is finishing 1st grade also and I can't believe she will be 2nd grade. 2nd grade sounds too old. My ds is going to be 10, yes 10, this summer. Double digits sound way too old.

Colleen - I would have been screaming bloody murder if I saw a bat in my house. AHHHHH!!!

Robin - I didn't get to wo yesterday either. Day ended up being so much longer than expected.

Hi Klaudia, Anne!!

So no wo yesterday because my oil change which normally takes no more than an hour took twice as long which made me late to meet my gf and on and on if you get the drift so I ended up not being able to wo. By the time everything was said and done, I was pooped. I did eat very clean except dinner which ended up being couple slices of pizza because of how the day went and I had nothing to cook since grocery shopping also got delayed. Good news is that I resisted ice cream temptation and I already did my wo this morning which was supposed to be yesterdays - ME UB and abs. I am planning on a walk/run this afternoon depending on time. I have to make food for ds' class party so we'll see. I will be happy when school is done next Monday for the kids. Then a week off before summerfun for them. We will be having company again though so *sigh* one week of sort of relaxing. Anyway, off to shower and have bfast. On the run to work so it will be a kashi bar and fresh peach. BBL!

Lisa

Hey all!

Sorry I've been MIA-spent yesterday cleaning house and doing laundry and today the girls and I went to Target (oh, the joys!) then a Volunteer Appreciation thing at school where I proceeded to have a mini cream puff, eclair, and brownie:eek: In my defense they were bite sized! And I had a really small lunch-ham and string cheese with a handful of grape tomatoes. I still haven't started and it's been 34 days-I typically start around days 31-33. Don't think I could be preggo-Darrin being fixed and still using protection since he hasn't had his second recheck. The PMS (and boredom) is killing me! I had 4 marshmallows and 3 oreos last night, negating the awesome salad I had for dinner. Sigh. I am a self saboteur in the worst way.

At least I've been maintaing my active recovery workouts-did 60 push ups and 75 dips on Tuesday after my run and did 3 sets of pulls/chins and abs yesterday. Hoping to get a long walk in with the girls later.

Anyway, just wanted to let you know I wasn't ignoring everyone, just busy with a bit of the blahs. Hope everyone's having a good day!

oh my girls! how ive missed you! couldnt log on for some reason!

day is good. ginas done w/ 1st grade!!

bbl for more!

Kate I think that we all will be busy b/c this kids are home.

Klaudia is it not self saboting it is under eating and then pigging out but at least you did not eat a big mac.

Lisa wow with a busy day. What are you making for ds?

Klaudia - I totally crave sweets when I PMS. Thankfully I don't have to deal with that right now. No worries on being MIA. We've all had our hands full. Totally understandable.

Robin - My mom actually volunteered to make it for me, but it's a Japanese red bean rice dish. My ds has to bring in an ethnic food from one of his backgrounds and since he has about six different ethnic backgrounds to pick from, we chose the easiest. Well, easiest for me which was the rice dish.

Hi Kate!!

On lunch break. Had a veggie burger. Back to work.

Lisa

morris, how was your walk?
no clue on the sugar replacement. my cakes are fullfat, baby!:p:p:eek:

katie, sorry for the sucky run today! hope you get the wts thing figured out!
feeling any bettter?

colleen, egads on the bat!!!! a fam we know w/ 7 kids had a bat in the house @ night and they all had to get rabies shots - even the baby!:(:(

robin, im 5'6", mikes 6'1". gina is tall and lanky. i need to put a brick on her head!:p
great wo! ive been doing more cs lately & noticing being more flexible. love it!
dinner w/ no meat..... spag w/ marinara! also theres a veggie/mex lasagna in the recipe forum.

klaudia, sorry for the blahs!! hugs!
wtg on the active recov! hope pms departs quickly!!!:eek::eek:

lisa, wtg on clean eats!! keep iy up! ^^^5 on the wo too!
a 10yo will have me in tears im sure of it!:p
did ds's class like the food?

anne should be back soon, i think....

am i all caught up now????

-
my computer wouldnt let me get to the forums! but i fixed it! mike mustve rigged it!:p lol!
nice day. looking forward to all my dds being home tmrw. yay!
clean eats.... run soon. hope abs/stretch

Kate, have a great run! I am feeling better - I had two advil and rasp. tea when I got back to work and it worked! You seemed taller than 5'6" - but then again, everyone is waaayyy taller than me!

Lisa, mmmm, veggie burger. It's been awhile since i've had one. Are you going to have time for your walk/run this evening?

Klaudia, busy couple of days for you! And OMW and the period thing - don't know what to say!

Anne, are you still out of town with work? Come back, we miss you!

100% squeaky once again. YAY ME:D

katie, my pregnant girth prob made me seem taller! :p:p ha! maybe im 5'7"????
glad youre feeling better! and wtg on eats!:D:D

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.