####clean&tidy thursday####

angie_mitchell

Cathlete
Morning cyber friends,

MY EATING IS OUT OF CONTROL! I sat down to watch the biggest loser last night and ate this strawberry in cream dessert that I knowingly bought at the store while my children were having a nervous breakdown (actually, I'm not sure if it was me or my children).

Anyway, I don't know what to do. Each day I think I'm going to eat well and each day I eat junk. I don't know what my problem is.

Katie, it sounds like you had a great birthday!

Kate, email me or you PM me your phone number and let me know a good time to call.

Colleen, good to know about safari. I unfortunately find it doesn't work with a lot of things. I am considering just permanently changing to Firefox.

Klaudia, totally crazy about your neighbor! What a joke!

Anne, hope your pedi was awesome! I miss flip flops and Arizona!

Robin, glad you got your STS too!

Morris, how was your run this AM?

Today is CTX power circuit. I'll prob do it after the kids are in bed since they're home all day today.

They're watching home movies this morning. Pretty funny.

Happy Thursday all - it's like Friday since Ryan has tomorrow off! YAY!

BBL.
angie

Hey Angie, sorry about the dessert.... I'm not sure I really have any advice to give. Sometimes I feel like I have complete control, and sometimes I had no control. It just depends, not sure what the difference is... So unfortunately I have no advice, but I definitely do understand! How exciting that Ryan is off tomorrow, enjoy it!!

Well this morning I am going to attempt Plyo Legs from Meso 3 -- I previewed yesterday and it just looks super fun I can't wait to try it. I am definitely curious what the HRM has to say about this one. The new WM says about 290 cals, another Catheite posted that she burned over 500...? So we will see.

For those who didn't see this late last night, here is what Chris made me for my birthday;)
http://www.thecathenation.com/forum/showthread.php?t=257679

Angie, Not much advice here either. I've had quite the cookie binge myself lately. The good news is is that they are gone:eek:. We have ZERO sweet things in the house now. Gonna try to keep it that way.
I miss flip flops too. I must have about 10 pairs from Jcrew. They are the comfiest ever.

Katie, That is so cool! What a great guy!
Let us know how Plyo Legs is! The abs last night were great.

Home all day w/ my 2 youngest today. No plans! I love being able to just stay in. I always stress about Julia wailing in her car seat.

Klaudia, We want the crazy friend story!

Kate, that's awesome! You are doing so great!

I am going to WO now. I'm not in the mood at all. I've just been grouchy all morning. At least my eats are clean. I forgot that we were having company for dinner - a coworker of Ryan's. I'm not in the mood. I'm going to make ital beef sandwiches, fries, and I think a pasta salad. I'm ashamed to admit I've never made a pasta salad that wasn't out of a box. I have a package of ital dressing but what should I cut up and put in the pasta sal?

Eats today:

Granola/fruit cereal
egg whites/mozz cheese/salsa in a wrap
pistachios

snack will be a clementine orange.

I will keep portions under control for dinner. I am planning to weigh myself on Sunday. I'm not really that hopeful for much of a change. I feel tighter muscle-wise but not really smaller otherwise. We'll see. Maybe I'll have lost a pound or two and I'll be spurred on...

Katie you go girl with those plyomaxing stuff. I won't be doing that. I will do squat rack stuff in meso3.

Angie my suggestion when you buy junk food buy small bags or bars of it. This way the kids can snack and you won't fall all the way off the wagon. I know it costs more money but that how I portion out my snacks. Also make sure that you are getting enough carbs during the day. At night I like salty stuff like nuts or popcorn

Katie very nice rack!

Kate yay with the 2 #:D

----------------------
Well today I'm still working on WM. I trying to put in the right rotation so I have to go back and delete the wrong one. :rolleyes: Don't you love new toys.

There is a new fit4life gym that open near by. I'm going to check it out today. Why would anyone open a new gym in this ecomomy???

w/o today lowmax and classical stretch core and arms. I'm trying so hard to NOT do the new w/o until next month.

b-egg whites
l-?
d-salmon

Morning!

I love starting the day with a belligerent toddler:) Need to do cardio today-kickbox or hiit, I'll decide later and abs. No big plans today, just cleaning and Nevena's class. My cousin might come by tonight to help redo Darrin's resume, but that's it.

Angie, last night I had 1/2 bag of pocorn, 1/2 can of Sprite, and 3 chocolate chip cookies!! So no worries, ok? Life is about enjoying food, too:) And you work out hard!

Katie, I'm so jealous of your workout! I can't wait til tomorrow-preview day:) I'd like to start next week, but I never did any 1 reps so I don't know if I just guesstimate or do those for a week or two first. I'm such a procrastinator.

Kate, great job on the 2#!! I need to go back to buying treats for the girls that don't tempt me and keeping everything else out. A bowl of "weekend" cereal is a good sweet treat for me-especially at night. That or popcorn.

Robin, have fun with WM. I took a peek and got overwhelmed. Baby steps:)

Hi Morris, Anne, and Colleen!

Not sure on eats-have to make a grocery run for fruit and veggies.

Hey girls,

I ended up doing Push Pull. I didn't want to do the ctx workout b/c it isolated back muscles and no others so it didn't feel like a "real" circuit to me and I was in the mood for no cardio (totally unlike me).

Anyway, I haven't done that wo since I used to do fit tv which was over a year ago! I thought it was a GREAT quick wo. Perfect for a day like today! Those calf raises were burning all the way up to my glutes. I am definitely going to have DOMS tomorrow! I lifted way heavier than I have in months!

Katie, glad you liked plyo legs.

Robin, ha ha on the "nice rack" comment. :p I love salty things too. Can't find 100 cal popcorn here which used to be my fave night time snack. I'm doing lots of nuts but miss popcorn for sure!

Klaudia, if I looked like you, I'd worry less about my crappy eating. :) I just need to get rid of my belly!!!

OK... time to shower and cleanmax before company comes. BBL.

Hi to Anne, Colleen, and Morris.

angie

Ok, here's my vent. Tell me if I'm off base.

A bit of backround:
I've been friends with this girl for about 7 years. We met through our husbands-they used to work together. They live within walking distance. She has a 2 year old dd and a 2 month old dd. We try and go out once a month with a bunch of girls for dinner, etc.

So the week of my birthday we went out with another girl who had a b-day in January. I ended up paying way more than my tab, but whatever. NO birthday wishes from anyone, no birthday drink. Ok, fine. Here's the deal. She calls me at least once a week and invites herself over so the girls can play. Fine, too. She always comes around snack time and stays til after lunch. So I always offer snack to her little girl, and since I'm already making lunch for my kids and me, I make them lunch, too. She's never invited me over to her house for a playdate or lunch and the one time she did call it was to have me move furniture cause the carpet cleaners were coming and she was on bed rest-no drink offer or snack for my girls-zilch. Her husband, btw, does NOTHING. But that's another story. So she's over and she starts telling me how she called to wish the other girl happy birthday on Sunday, found out they were going out and suggested since her and her DH were going out too, they all go out together. She says she knows Jill is on a budget so she offers to treat to dinnner-at Brio! They had a gift cert for $75 and spent another $100 on top of that, plus went out for drinks after and spent more! I almost had an anxiety attack while she was telling me. I felt so hurt. I've done so much for this girl-loaned her clothes, found her a daycare provider, brought her ice cream when she was preggo and couldn't get out of bed, brought over medicine in the winter for her daughter, babysat, had her and her DH over for dinner (we've NEVER been invited unless it was a b-day for the kids). The list is endless.

So, now I'm really upset. I know I should just let it go, but I can't. She won't be coming over during the week anymore because she went back to work today. But still. Am I wrong to feel slighted? I know she's known the other girl forever. I was actually in tears after she left. I wasn't expecting to be treated to dinner, but an acknowledgment of all the stuff I do would have been nice. Or maybe come over with lunch for the kids-something. Ok, I'm done. Sorry to do this to you guys. Fire away.

Oh, Klaudia, {{{{{HUGS}}}}}}! You have every right to be upset! You do NOT deserve to be treated like that! You are such a warm, giving person, and she has totally taken advantage of you. I'm not sure what to tell you to move forward, but for right now, just get really pi**ed off because what she did was astoundingly rude! And mean! And uncaring! I hate it when people act like that. I'm completely outraged on your behalf.

Gotta run for a minute, but I'll BBL for more personals.

anne

Klaudia, Oh, I can totally relate! I've always been the giving one in relationships and have constantly felt taken advantage of. I know that you don't go into it hoping for the same thing in return, but it really hurts when they turn around and do it for someone else.

I think you are totally justified in the way you are feeling! I think a new friend would be a good thing. If she invites herself over again in the future, I think you just say, "no thanks!"

Ugh, sometimes I wonder if I'm still in high school! :)

Okay, I know I posted this before but I need some input. This is the rotation I'm thinking of doing next month:

Body Max 2
35 min walk/run interval (walk 1/run 3) plus seg 1 core max
GS BSB
OFF
Imax 2
Leaner Legs plus segment 2 of core max
GS Chest & Triceps plus 20 min brisk walk

GS Legs plus seg 3 core max
4DS Boot Camp
4DS LIS
OFF
4DS Kickbox
4DS HIS
45-60 min pilates or yoga

Drill Max
Butts and Guts
GS Chest/Tri just premix 2 plust 20 min run
Cardio Fusion Plus Stability Ball Abs from Butts and Guts
GS Legs
KPC
GS BSB Do shoulders and then Premix #2

Cardio Kicks plus core max seg 1
Legs and Glutes
Rhythmic Step
OFF
GS Chest & Triceps
4DS kickbox
GS BSB

Does it seem a little "leg" heavy to any of you? i.e. leaner legs day 6 of week one and then GS legs day 1 of week two? Then butts and guts and GS legs in week 3? Am I just a legs weakling? Any other thoughts about this rotation? It's Cathe's modified version of her Jan rotation...

angie, ive never made p'salad. wish i could help! maybe toight will go better than you expect? does your company speak anglais?
i love pp too!
im clueless on rotations - they all look good to me!

katie, my stupid computer wont allow the nike site, flash plauer. it is SO time for a new laptop!
yay on plyolges! im excited to try it!

klaudia - 2 words: that sucks. im w/ angie - next time she wants to come over you're too busy.
i vote hiit! im loving that on the vc!
re weekend cereal: thres a box of capt crunch that looks so good!!!

anne, have fun at work today!:rolleyes:

morris, are you snowed in?!

my eats are clean! i am so motivated w/ that 2#!
b - kashi, apple slices
l - egg bake w/ veggies, 9-grain toast
d - lasagna & salad/veggies
not sure on snacks
wo - last of my leg 1rms! i have quite a few to go. hope i can finish.

anybody else amazed how many shoulder exercises to test for?!

Angie I think that the rotation looks good but you may wipe out your legs with heavy leg work back to back like GS Legs then
4DS Boot Camp or GS Legs then KPC. It's up to you.

Klaudia once you have calmed down tell her all about it. Sometimes people really don't get it. They are so busy taking advantage that they don't notice how hurt someone is. She is so wrapped up in her own little world that she doesn't even know that you are hurt.

Kate it won't load

Last edited:
morning all - quickie here

not too bad snowed in - just 10 nches. ran 8 this am watching biggest loser - have not finished the episode yet. it is fun to watch while working out, though. meant to do shoulders and bis but no time. now i am at work trying not to down this enourmous, delishous cookie. and to make me furious, my pants are not so lose today. i think it is "mainly" leg muscle, but i hate it!! i was leaner when i was swimming, but, i also was eating different. urggg. is this the price for running?

katie, awesome b-day present. can you describe plyo legs?

angie, sorry for the day. i add veggies and tuna to pasta salad then toss with italian dressing. maybe add cheese too, since you are in france?

kate, great weight loss!!!

klaudia, that would drive me nuts. i say ignore your friend and no invites for a few weeks. if she asks, be direct - say you felt slighted.

hi anne!

okay, i will be back, i swear

Klaudia, how rude!!!! I would be really pissed too. How could she even sit there and tell you that and not realize that you would be hurt?
Angie, I don't think your rotation is too leg heavy unless you don't want to focus on your legs. I would remove BM2 from week 1 unless you are planning to do just the cardio part. When you lift heavy you don't want to do weights too much.
Kate, I just felt like there were too many exercises to test for.
Katie, let us know how the plyo legs are! Your dumbbell rack is awesome.
Hi Anne & Morris!

I am so hungry this morning and I don't know why. I have been eating smaller dinners so maybe I need to start eating more at breakfast.

w/o was ITR
b: oatmeal w/ almonds
s: 1/2 clif bar
l: probably grilled chicken salad

Hi Anne and Colleen what's up?

Morris leg muscle are my fav. It's the only part of my bod that is easy to lose fat and gain musle.

I just took my dog for a walk and got really angry at Klaudia so-called friend. :mad: I feel like calling her right now.

I better get some lunch and preview some workouts.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.