:):):):)clean&tidy thursday:):):):)

angie_mitchell

Cathlete
Morning friends,

It's funny, I was telling Ryan last night that I'm so thankful for this group of women that I get to chat with on a daily basis right now. It makes me feel a constant connection to the world I once lived in. Sometimes I feel so far away but at least now I know starting around noon, I'll have some friends throughout the day. It's really comforting, so thanks!

Today we have big plans. :) I'm taking the girls to McDonald's for lunch (I have coupons for happy meals). I'm going to take a stab at my first grilled chicken salad order! We'll see how that goes. :rolleyes: Then we have to hit the grocery store for a few items.

Breakfast this morning was an omelet (3 whites, one yolk) with chicken and a little tiny cheese. For lunch, I'll do the salad, and then I think I'm going to make a shrimp jambalaya for dinner.

WO tonight will be kick box. I think I'm going to make my rest day Fridays since we're working out at night.

Klaudia, I'm officially scared of your scissors neighbor. How creepy - yet funny at the same time. I wouldn't be wanting my kids to go outside alone either. Good stuff with your treadmill WO! Every time I try to run any amounts of fast, I hurt my knee!:(

Anne, I'm totally in for the Paris rendez-vous! Tell me the date and time and I'll be there. :) And, I would love a trip to the beach right now! Sigh. So I will be sufficiently jealous.

Kate, I think we need to start operating this thread in French. It would be good practice for me. ;) And I checked out the versaclimber - pretty cool. Someday we'll have a basement again and can get a treadmill or some such piece of equipment.

Colleen, hope your day at work is a good one.

Katie, are you feeling better finally?

BBL all. I'll come to report my success or failure at McD's.

angie

Hey Angie!! I totally understand how this check in helps you to feel connected and some sense of normalcy. Good luck with dinner tonight, let us know how it turns out!! And yes, I am feeling better, just not really into workouts lately:confused:

Well....TODAY IS MY FRIDAY!! And it should be an easy one!! I have one client appt, drs appt, long lunch meeting, court, paperwork, then HOME for a THREE DAY WEEKEND!! I am going to spend tomorrow and Saturday baking my christmas cookies!!

My motivation is really shaky these days -- extra rest days here and there, no focus to my rotation, and I rarely get out of bed in enough time for a full hour of a workout. I am hoping that it is just the excitement and busyness of the holiday, and it will return shortly.

Off to do my (40-ish minute:confused:) workout -- something LB. L&G maybe??

Well, I got most of L&G done. Will try to finish the rest tonight.

Out to lunch today for a meeting, not sure where we are going but I will do my best!!

angie, are there any other anglais-speaking CAT wives to hang with?
good luck at mcd's today! you're prob. there right now! Comment dit-on "no mayo?";)
good plan for food today.

katie, yay thursady/friday! are you making more white chunk/mac cookies??!! we're dpoing our cookies next week when both girls are OFF SCHOOL!!!!! we're supposed to get a major snowstorm tonight - PLEASE no scool tomorrow!!! wow...typos!:eek: sorry about the lack of motivation. it will be there when holiday busyness wears off. everybody like your santa pants?

ginas off to school, and they moved isabel's party to this afternoon even tho we dont have school then, so the kids can still have ther paryt. klaudia, your parties are today, arent they? have fun!

wo - 4ds legs! & floorwork from ------- dont remember - gotta look. abs too.

b - shredded wheat, apple
raincheck on the rest, gotta think about it!
i still miss steph and her adventurous meals!

Morning ladies, sorry I was mia shopmaxing y-day. I brought this white prelit tree and white, silver, gold decorations. I don't need to turn on any lights b/c the tree is so bright it's hard to look at it.

I'm going to wait unil after chirstmas to buy the bigdaddy of a tree ($300) which may be on sale for $100 or less. this country is in a recession because there were many sales 50, 60, 70% off...before Christmas.

Klaudia Thanks for the HITT breakdown.That looks like a challenge:)
Sooo what are you buying for your daddy for Christmas.

Colleen drive safe. How are the road today?

Anne how was Clara's?

Morris errands with the boys, how was it?

Kate I hope the kids have no school tomorrow

Katie wow that's a lot of butter but the cookies are going to turn out soft

Angie boys are lovable. My son still hugs me goodnight and he is 12. By the way how are you legs feeling today:D...Meaner Legs
I agree chating on this forum is fun.

Y-day I went shopping with Irene and she is just as crazy as me with the decorations. We went to the Dollar Tree and Michaels and brought athings that was on sale 60% off...just because. I may go back there today. Then we ate lunch at Ruby Tuesday. The waiters are so polite down here.

I'm going to do some kickboxing too. Maybe KM.

Oh I saw what my kids brought me for Christmas...20#vest YAY:D

bbl

Well, McD's was kind of a bust. They only had two kinds of salad - chicken caesar and then some paris salad that I couldn't figure out but it prob would have been better. They didn't have grilled chicken so I got breaded (yucky) and the only dressing I could figure out was caesar. :( Oh well. Then the girls and I shared a mcflurry. I didn't walk away feeling stuffed but it definitely wasn't clean. I promise, cross my fingers, hope to God that I will be clean until Disney.

Katie, I think it's totally normal to lack motivation around the holidays. Don't be too hard on yourself. Come Jan 1 we'll all be on track and ready for serious style clean eating and working out.

Kate, there are no other American wives here. Only one other American at the plant and he's not married. The Americans we replaced moved to Belgium though and at just a two hour drive, I have a feeling we'll see a lot of them!

Robin, just saw your post - LOL about your tree being so bright! Glad you found something. We don't have a tree up so it doesn't feel very x-mas-y. Fun that your kids got you a vest! My legs are OK today - a little sore but I stayed pretty light on the weights. It is meaner legs for sure!

OK... bbl.

naughty robin! sneaking on your presents!:D
glad you had a fun day! sounds gret!

angie, je suis desolee de ton dejeuner! (i think i did that right.....klaudia?)
when do your lessons start?

my floor work is b&g - helllllllllp!:eek::D

Morning!

What a busy day-3 parties! Thank goodness Darrin is going to Milla's since I can't be in two places at once! And I never went out last night-Darrin didn't want me out alone so now I have to go out this afternoon and get my gifts. I got all my stuff to bake cookies with the girls tomorrow-coconut macaroons, toffee bars, and butterballs. It looks like they might have a snow day-8-10 inches! And another storm on Sunday and Christmas Eve, too. Sigh. I won't see Darrin for days. This messes with all our schedules and holiday plans and stresses me out.

Today's workout is PUB. I'm hoping to do it after we get home from Danica's party and Nevena goes down for her nap.

Angie, I think it's something like "une salade avec du poulet grille, sans mayonaisse", but my French is way rusty, so I could be way off! I talk about you guys all the time, too. Thank goodness for stress free friendships!

Katie, more cookies?! I hear ya on the motiviation. But keep at it-it's what lets us indulge, right?

Kate, have fun at your parties, too! Do you give out gifts to the class/teachers? I had bought white chocolate covered pretzels to make goody bags for the girls classes and ran out last night. Darrin went looking for more at Kroger-I got them at Meijer-and they didn't have any! So Milla is going to pass out candy canes and I feel like incompetent-was crying this morning. I feel so disorganized and ill prepared. It's TTOM and the stress of the holidays and Darrin's job is really taking its toll on me. Could I be more whiny?!

Robin, sounds like you had a fun day! Goosd job on the holiday finds. I want to get some new ornaments, too. I'm waiting til after Christmas, too.

Hi Anne, Morris, and Colleen!

b-kashi w/raspberries

bbl...

Good Morning Everyone!

Well I slept through my workout this morning so this will be my rest day this week. I think I was wiped out because I did not eat very well yesterday. The potluck was okay but there wasn't very much that was clean. Then we had happy hour and I had some bad appetizers because I was hungry. Today will be much cleaner.

Angie, sorry McD's did not work out well. I can't imagine how tough it is to eat out.
Katie, Enjoy your Friday! I am so jealous you are baking cookies. I never bake because I am the only one who would eat them.
Kate, killer legs today. Have fun at Isabel's Christmas today!
Robin, do you need sunglasses to look at your tree :) I could use some sunshine here - it has been so dreary and rainy.

GTG!

Morning, everyone! I had a fun time at dinner last and didn't do too badly on the eats--I had chicken tortilla soup and a santa fe chicken salad. No dessert, either. We're having a holiday luncheon here at work today, though, and it's lasagna, salad, breadsticks, and cannoli. I cannot resist cannoli. Oh, well, tomorrow is another day, right?

So, the quote of the night at dinner was, "Don't get into a hot shower with Nair on your @ss." Good advice, I think. It was so funny--there was one guy there and his wife told the story of how he had to have surgery on his bum and they wanted him to shave it, but instead of shaving he decided to try Nair. It burned so to get it off he jumped into the shower, which was really hot. Of course, that just made it worse. We were all laughing so hard at that one.

Anywho--Angie, what kind words. This is a great group, isn't it? And, where are the Americans in Belgium? I lived in Antwerp for a year when I was in high school. I was an exchange student with Youth for Understanding. I need to go back there...

Robin, glad you got your tree. And good job to the kids on your gift!

Katie, I haven't worked out since Monday. And no work out today, either. Sigh. Oh, well, I'm going to try to get back on the bandwagon next week. If not then, definitely the week after.

Kate, I'm impressed that you were a translator. I took a lot of French in college and always found that really hard. Much harder than memorizing vocabulary words, that's for sure!

Klaudia, please let me know when you hear back from the KB trainer. I would love to try that with you. Did your kids have their parties today? How were they?

Hi to Colleen and Morris.

Okay, I have to get some work done today. I haven't been as productive as I should be this week. It's just so hard to be motivated when I have so much else to do. I haven't finished shopping yet or anything. Oh, well, it will all get done, right? And I know a couple of you saw in another thread that I need new bathing suits. I love shopping online, but I think I need to try on swim suits. I'll wait until after Christmas and maybe find a good sale.

Okay, I'll close this novel. Have a good one, everybody!

anne

good morning everyone - quick post, but i will be back later. yesterday, i ate more vegetables than most people do in a week! i love it, though had a tiny tummy ache later. felt fab this am, though, and i did my elliptical and abs from squeeze - those are hard! today will be clean, and i have a dr recheck at 4pm. pray i am able to start running.

angie, sorry for having to go to mc d's. i bet the girls like having something familiar. and boys are totally lovable and so funny! i can play with trucks and run around all day long. not sure how i would do with barbie....

katie, your motivation will be back soon. it is 1 week before christmas! enjoy the season, and give yourself a break. your cookies sound good already. what kind do you make?

kate, i did b and g floor work pre mix yesterday. it is awsome. how is julia these days? i need to see what that versa climber is like.

anne, good luck with the swim suits. i will not be getting one of those for a while!

aolleen, glad you got some sleep.
klaudia, i love pub - enjoy those parties - that is a lot.

robin, your vest sounds cool. enjoy the kb - i miss that too.

okay, gotta run, but i will be back, with squeaky eats to report. so far i have resisted the cookies and choclate and cake at work. no interest, oddly enough. of course, it has only been 1.5 hrs:)

Colleen and Klaudia, we were all posting at the same time. Good idea to take a rest day today, Colleen. I'm on my third rest day this week, but oh well.

Klaudia, I'm trying to think of the perfect words to help you feel better and not stress out over everything, but I'm coming up empty. Try to remember that you're a wonderful mom, wife, friend, sister, and daughter. I can tell by the amount of love you have in your life that you're a great person. It's always easier to beat yourself up (trust me, I know all about that), but maybe keeping the positive things in mind will help. And, of course, you can whine to us all you want/need! I do it all the time, as you can tell.

Okay, really, I have to get some work done now!

anne

Workout is done, but now I'm scared to go up the stairs! Or back down em!

Klaudia, Have fun partying today! Sorry you're feeling so disorganized. I feel the same way but I know I can't do a darned thing about it, so I'm trying not to stress. Trying!! Please no tears tho! You are a GREAT mom of THREE GIRLS! NOT an easy task! It will be easier when c'mas break is here - not long now! Have fun baking with your girls. I can't wait for a playdate with all of them - maybe cookie decorating?!

Colleen, Potlucks are the worst. Enjoy your rest day.

oops, Julia is waking up - brb........

Good evening (or afternoon for you),

Just finished CTX kickbox/biceps/abs. It was OK. HR monitor (I love this thing) says that I burned 316 calories (50% fat). Max HR was 180, average was 121. It keeps track of your "zone" but I haven't set it up for that yet so it's just guessing based on my age and weight. Anyway, it keeps daily and weekly totals so it's pretty cool. I think CTX was the perfect choice to get me back on track before January. It's a little lighter load than I'd prefer cardio wise (which is why I wasn't crazy about 4DS - and why I do the double cardios).

So, dinner ended up being a whole premade chicken, some roasted potatoes, and corn. Ryan made crepes with nutella and I had one bite (he gave me a sad face when I said I didn't want any).

Kate, I think you said sorry about my lunch correctly. :) My lessons officially should start in January once the kids start school but we don't have it nailed down yet. Probably 3x per week, 2 hours a time. Ugh.

Klaudia, holy party city! I love holiday parties though. They make me happy. Sorry you're so stressed out. I can totally understand with Darrin gone so much. Nobody expects you to be super woman. Take it one day at a time. (((HUGS)))

Colleen, isn't it amazing how much what we eat affects our energy levels? I do think eating out here is going to be hard. While nothing is super bad/greasy like in the US, none of it would be considered "clean." The only good thing is that it's all generally freshly made.

Anne, your part last night sounds fun and LOL on the nair story. That's hilarious! Our friends will be in Waterloo/Brussels area. I'm so thankful that we're going to know someone relatively close. Plus, there's an American grocery store there!

Morris, tell me about all the veggies you ate yesterday. I'm so bad at veggies!! And somehow, I thought I would avoid barbies... not sure what I was thinking with 2 girls. We are a full fledged barbie house! Those movies kill me!

Okay ladies, huge favor to ask. Could you please each send me your favorite clean recipe? I would really appreciate it. I just feel like I need to pile up some good ones. I know one of you (Katie?) has a good chicken noodle soup crock pot recipe. I would love that!

Ok, time for my shower and then lost. Ryan just offered me another crepe. Goodness gracious...

Nighty night all.

xoxo.

Workout done! I did PUB. With this rotation, instead of going back down the pyramid after 8 reps, you go up to 6! I went heavier than Cathe on all the sets and matched her on biceps-until I tried to do 6 reps with 20#! I swear I blew out my bicep:0 Now I'm waiting for my coffee to brew and thinking about a post workout snack.

Thanks to all of you for your encouragement and kind words-I got teary-but in a good way:) I felt much better this afternoon. And the sun came out which I needed too.

Anne, that quote is hilarious! Sounds like you had a blast. And tomorrow is another day. Maybe we should rename our check-in "The Scarlet's":)

Colleen, take all the rest you need. I think I read somewhere that if you exercise 100 days/year you're sick 30% less. And I know us ladies work out way more than that so no worries:)

Kate, a playdate sounds awesome-I know our girls would have the best time:)

Angie, do you think you can find panko bread crumbs? The girls love panko crusted chicken or boneless pork chops. I have a really good turkey chili recipe, too. Let me think of some more and I'll pm you. I'm glad to know my husband isn't the only one who makes crepes! He made them on Sunday and I posted something about it on FB and one of our friends said that sounded "gay". Whatev!! He's just really good at breakfast. And they're jealous!;) I love nutella-my girls spread it on waffles and make a sandwich-yum!

The parties went well-I had one cookie and a rice krispy treat the size of a quarter. Then I came home and had a handful of those darn pretzels again. Lunch was deli turkey-Hormel Natural Choice-no junk in it and minestrone soup(from a can). Don't know about dinner yet.

Bye, girlies! I have to run home now. I hope everybody has a good night.

Angie, I'll post a yummy recipe tomorrow. Take care!

anne

Hi Everyone,

It is funny that Klaudia, Anne and I posted at the same time.
Klaudia, I am glad you are feeling better. I haven't seen the sun in days and I am starting to feel a little blue. Doesn't look like it will come out anytime soon.
Anne, I haven't been productive at work either. I have a deliverable due by tomorrow and I have barely started. I guess I am going to have to be extra productive tomorrow.
Morris ^5 on the veggies
Angie, I like the basics (meat, veggies potato) but I will dig up a recipe for you.

We were supposed to go visit our friend's new baby but she isn't feeling up to visitors so maybe I will get a night with DH. We haven't had much time together this week because of work and holiday parties. Eats have not been very clean today and I am not sure about dinner yet. Hopefully, I can get back on the bandwagon soon.

quick hello! bb when i have 2 hands!

busy day! 2 wo's and clean eating!!! so :D

doing a snow dance too - please snow day!!!

kate, hoping you have a snow day!

angie, i will think about recipes for you. i love very basic things like chicken with a varioty of seasonings, veggies, and potatoes for dh.

colleen, i will join you in trying to be productie tomorrow. hope dinner goes well!

klaudia, what rotation are you doing? it sounds great. the only time i can go heavier on pub than cathe with bis is if i am doing a down premix - then i can start with 20's.

dr appointment went well - i can transition to sneakers this week, and then start running again in 10 days! i cannot believe it. rest of the day was okay - eats were clean - no treats for me at work. i did eat too much, but it was fruits and veggies. i also fit in gym style c and t. i am off to bed but will check in tomorrow.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.