Clean or tidy...Thursday 14 June

lederr

Cathlete
Hi everyone! Late start for me today, but I didn't see a post for today yet. I hope I didn't miss it.

Last night I was out to dinner with friends. We went for sushi so I was able to keep it clean and had miso soup, salad, and sashimi. Late night munchies hit again...grrrrr! I had hummus and soy/flaxseed chips and raisins. Once again, it could have been a lot worse if I had crap in the house, so I am glad it was clean bingeing.

Not sure what the plan is for today. I have DOMS from Kick Max! Ugh!

Have a wonderful day everyone!

Morning Lorie and all who follow!

Yesterday was pretty good for me. Dinner ended up being grilled shrimp, grilled corn (no butter or salt) and grilled veggies. After my workout (Leaner Legs) I had a small piece of WW bread (homemade) with natural pb.

Today:

B - the usual
S - apple, small piece ww bread with organic strawberry stuff
L - large salad with some kind of protein
S - yogurt, granola, berries
D - grilled salmon, veggies

Workout is a five mile run.

I hope everyone has a great day!

Hey All, there are two threads going for clean eats, I am confused as to which one to use, I recognize you guys, but the other thread has people posting I recognize too. Oh dear.

Hello.

I officially joined this thread in the beginning when it was a 7 day challenge. I loved it for 3 days, then got stressed out and quit. I’d like to jump back in now, if you don’t mind.

I’ve still been kind of watching the thread, and I love that you changed the name to “Clean or Tidy.” I got stressed about eating clean for a couple reasons. One is that I’m about to go on furlough and life is busy and stressful anyway. Trying to be concerned about squeaky clean eating was too much. Also, I live in Africa. And the foods I can buy here make it tough to eat REALLY clean (eg. Absolutely no skim milk, soy, or options other than full cream milk). However, tidy is actually easier to do here than in the US, since we can’t get the same kinds of junk (no Doritos or beef jerky!). So, I’m going to jump back in and go for tidy versus totally clean.

I have a month till furlough and would like to eat tidily. If this thread keeps up for long, well, while we’re in the States I know will not eat clean, but I’d like to not totally lose control.

Another big thing for me is water. While I’m so busy, it’s easy to forget. One day last week I realized I’d only drunk 3 8 oz glasses!!

So, here’s today:

B: multi-grain cheerios and milk
S: banana
L: brown rice, red beans, stir fry cabbage/carrots
S: apple with 1T PB

Supper will be lean steak chili over brown rice, fresh veggie plate, and fruit salad.

I’ve already had my 64 oz water plus 16 oz during my workout.

Thanks, girls.

Laura

Clean binging sounds good to me, Lorie!!

Sushi for dinner sounds great. Hmm, maybe I should have Sushi tonight.

I have been up since 4 am, just trying to get everything done, mainly cleaning up my house, after 2 hours it still doesn't look any different, I guess Lorie, I had another CleanMax workout today :)

It's 9:30 am and I haven't had breakfast yet. I am going out to breakfast with a client though. Hope I can keep it clean.

I will post again later.

Carola

I am thinking that now that I have broken the sugar-bingeing addiction, I need to work on the portion control and eating at night. My portions are fine all day. It's when I am at home at night and just wataching TV or reading that I get cravings. Sometimes, I am legitimately hungry and sometimes not, but I still need to control how much I eat. It's kind of midless eating.

Today is day 16 and I actually feel less deprived because my two weeks are up and I can eat not-so-clean stuff if I want to. I have defintely wanted to eat things that aren't good for me (like the fried appetizers everyone ordered at dinner last night), but I don't because I think I will feel badly. I also am seeing some real results and I don't want all that hard work to be for nothing (although I know moderation won't kill me).

That said, if there is nothing truly clean when I am out, I will just try to find the least unclean alternative. Like today at the mall...I am thinking a frozen yogurt if I want one?

So, we'll see. I am definitely letting up on myself now that my two weeks are up.

Hello...Well the good news is I finally got my package for Barry's Bootcamp...the bad news is I had a minor operation on my lower back this morning and am supposed to take it easy for the next few days.

My eating hasn't been very clean or tidy. Well, I was so tired yesterday that I skipped dinner, then I wasn't supposed to have anything to eat or drink before my operation this morning. I was so hungry by noon...my the nurse said she could hear my stomach growling on the operating table. On our way back home my dh asked me if I wanted to stop to get a bite to eat.

I ended up having three eggs, a biscuit, 2 sausage links, 2 slices of bacon, with homefries at a local buffet here in town. I thought anestesia was supposed to suppress appettites:*

Anyways, I just wanted to stop in to say "Hi" and see what everyone was what to:)

Carrie

020706_10006740003.gif

http://www.3fatchicks.net/img/bar072/slider-but5/lb/209/145/179.0/.png[/image][/link]

http://www.picturetrail.com/uid6743693"

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.