////////// cLEAN & tidy thursday \\\\\\\\\\

I went to bed early last night not feeling well. I feel better this morning (or at least a little more rested), but still not great. I wonder if I am coming down with something, or if just switching up my rotation has got me this tired (that tends to happen with heavy lifting, not sure about this week's workouts).

On the agenda for today is supposed to be IMAX3 (Shirl is trying to kill me!). I've never done this one, and I am feeling like a day when I already don't feel well is NOT the day to try to try it. I will do IMAX2, as far as I can get before I feel like dying...:)

My weight is still up this am, pisses me off! Four weeks of hard work down the drain for a few stupid pieces of birthday cake. Really puts it into perspective.

Eating today has got to be super super clean...

B cereal
S apple slices, string cheese
L grilled chicken & veggies
S banana, Fiber One bar
D not sure, but CLEAN I swear!

Good morning, everybody! Lots to do today, Thursdays are always busy!

I think after I drop Isabel off at preschool I'm going to do SJP. I should do payroll, but I really like to sneak my workout into the daytime.

b - kashi, apple slices or banana
s - larabar, post-workout
l - 1 c. chicken tortilla soup, small salad
s - pear w/ almonds
d - egg whites & veggies/salsa. I'll be making homemade french toast for the fam. In all likelihood I will have a half slice. The recipe I use has nothing unclean in it. Just the white bread factor. If I plan to have a half slice, maybe I won't go overoard taking nibbles off the kids plates?

Katie, I bet you've posted while I typed this....

Sure enough, there you are! Sorry about the scale. Believe me, I know how frustrating that it. I feel like a rotunda beast right now (even though all my clothes fit) and don't want to get anywhere near the scale! Good idea on Imax 2/3. 3 is a killer. Most of those blasts will leave you dyin'! Hope you get feeling better. The weekend is almost here - you & Collin can take a nice long nap together on Saturday!:)

Oaky, I've had more time to think about my AM snack. By the time I get done with SJP it will be 10:50. I was planning on having my Larabar post-workout. However, lunch w/ DDs would be around 12:30. Is this too much food in that short of span? I'm tempted to forgo the Larabar, but I'm afraid I'd be starving by lunch. But if I have the snack I'm afraid I won't actually be hungry for lunch and then have too many cals/eat too much. What do you guys think? I was thinking about eating my snack before I workout but I don't want the food in my stomach and after 70 min. of exercising I should have some recovery food. AHHH!! Why can't fitness be easier?!?!

Sorry for so many posts but I think I've solved my dilemma. Maybe I'll have a 100-cal. multi-grain eng. muffin in place of the larabar.

Any thoughts?? Or 1/2 eng. muff + a banana?????

Thanks!

After your workout, I think you should have some protein. How much does the Larabar have? If it's not much, I would go with half an english muffin w/peanut butter, and a banana.

IMAX2 was AWESOME!! I made it allllllll the way thru no problems, which I don't think I have EVER done! That is just the motivation I need to get me back on track I think!

After I took care of some, *ahem*, bathroom business, and then worked out for an hour, the scale reads 1 pound less. Stupid scale! Don't get me wrong, that makes me feel better, it's just silly!

They are calling for some NASTY weather here tomorrow -- ICE! Maybe I will get another day off!

Good Morning,

Quick post again today. I should have more time this evening.

Kate, You need some protein; why not 1/2 the larbar or add some pb to the eng. muff. or eat the banana w/some pb?

Katie, Definitely do Imax 2! I hope you're feeling up to it.

My workout was P90x Chest, Shoulders & Triceps. I'm supposed to get my hair cut this morning but the snow is falling at 2" per hour. So..we'll see.

menu
b-ezekiel toast, nat.pb & banana
s-apple & nat.pb (I'm back to my pb kick - I can't seem to get enough lately)
l-yummy soup that has left me gassy - I played the music really loud in class yesterday. ;)
s-crackers,carrots and lowfat cheese
d-family request - blueberry pancakes - they're a recipe from Oxygen, so they're tidy and yummy!

Have a great day everyone! :)

A friend in fitness,
Shirl

Hi Katie,

You snuck on while I was posting. :) Happy to hear the workout went so well and the scale is down! Woo Hoo!

A friend in fitness,
Shirl

Good morning clean and tidy peeps!!

I'm so sorry i didnt get back yesterday, the day went haywire around 10:30am at work, and i was pretty unhappy from that point on. Told my boss i was pretty much done being treated like crap, and so was all the staff here, and thought about leaving! So, that sucked.

Katie, i hope you feel better soon, at least your workout kicked ass! I love IMAX 2 and 3 for that matter! Glad the scale went down, stupid scales!!

Kate, i'm so sorry, i read yesterdays posts and see you wanted to chat. I would have LOVED to, i wish i got back on the board to see that. I was too busy quitting and crying at work!
I think all of your snacks sound great! Sometimes i have a bigger breakfast if i know i can workout til 11 or so, so i'm not full but can make it. all of those options look great to me though. i'd go with your fav! Can you make whole wheat french toast? Would the fam know?

Shirl: We're getting snow like hell tomorrow here too, i cant remember where you live? I love pancakes.

Hey Robin, Jenn, Colleen!

I'm still sore from PUB on Tuesday. Tonight i'm gonna try my hardest to do MM or MIS.

Menu:
B: i wont bother
s: quark, pp/almonds
l: veg soup, veggies/hummus, apple
s: ryveta and almond butter
d: steamed veggies/lentils/tomatoes. Yogurt
s: kamut puffs/almond milk

Question: What was your WORST job?

Mine, a restaurant called Swill Chalet, dont know if you have them in the US. I was 16 or so, terrible waitress, let me tell ya!
Steph

Is it morning yet. I was up half the night with a sick DS vomiting.
Here we go another round of the stomach virus. :( Anyway no work for me today.
Katie keep your head up soon our S&H will come and we can start our heavy training again. My scale is acting up to. It's just a change in workouts.

Kate I love cinn. french toast and may treat myself today.I say eat 1/2 of bar or eng.muffin, but don't allow yourself get too hungry, that a big mistake.

Shirl here in NYC we are breaking records. It has not been this little snow in 75 years.:)

Steph sorry about your work issues. Who is treating you all so bad and does he or she have a boss?

Hello,

I'm debating if I want to go out in this mess. It does look pretty though.

Worst job - I was a child protective caseworker - investigated allegations of abuse and neglect; lasted for 6 years; quit after DS #2 was born. I enjoyed the people I worked with but the job was/is a tough one.

Steph, I live in Upstate NY; aka snow country. I'm sorry your boss is NASTY! Who is their boss? Maybe you should do a workout that relaxes you.

Phones ringing, I'll be back...

A friend in fitness,
Shirl

My worst job was the one I went to a 2-year collage for...animal tech, which is called today vet nursing. I love working with animals but the vets were only in it for the money. If any of us would bring in a stray animal, they would charge us for its hospital care. This job had no union, low wages, long hours and high turnover rate. Also some vets did illegal stuff, back then. The last straw was when we were told to try and "push" toothpaste and toothbrushes to cat and dog owners. Brushing a dog teeth is hard, but CATS!:eek: What cat will let you brush his teeth?

Oh I almost forgot, my w/o Amy Kickboxing and core
b-smoothie
l-shrimp and pasta
s-?
d-chicken and veggies

Today I'm going to learn how to do a real pushup, with the perfect pushup.

I'm going to check on DS now.

Katie, Imax 2 always makes me feel awesome too! Glad the # came off! We're supposed to get up to 10" by tomorrow AM!!!!! SNOW DAY!!!!

Shirl Sounds like you're getting a snow day! Looks like we're both having "breakfast for dinner"! LOL about your lunch!! I had some wicked gasmax last night - poor DH! I think it was the almonds/pear combo. For some reason this lets off a horrible chain reaction in my guts....but its so yummy!!! Let us know how your 'do turns out!

Steph, I want to do PUB now! Havent done it in a while and its a fave. So sorry about work!! (((BIG HUG))) Hope its better today. Was boss responsive to anything you said? I've never been a waitress - I'd be too impatient!

Robin, Sorry about DS! Hope he doesn't share! Good luck with the pushups. Let me know if you like that gadget. Thinking about one too...

Shirl & Robin, you've had some nasty jobs too!

Well, thanks everybody for your input on my AM snack. Not sure why I got so preplexed about it. I just REALLY want to eat my Larabar!!! Maybe/probably for PM snack. I ended up having a 140-cal. Kashi bar and 10 grapes. At lunch I added 1/2 of a large apple (DDs had the other 1/2) w/ 1 tsp. (portion-control!) of pb. Feeling very satisfied/not over-full.

Going to get DDs down for a nap - I'll join 'em for 30 minutes or so. Then over to the main office for payroll. DDs will get playtime w/ their grandma while we're there. (office is in their basement. Can't WAIT for that to change!)

Oh! My worst job! I haven't really had one. In high school I worked at a grocery store. Not exactly fun, but not horrible. During college and a little while after I managed a chiro's office. Then I went to work for FIL and I'm still here! NOthing too memeorable.

Hope you all are having a great day.

Shirl, Any word on DH's job in MI?

I had a 15-min. power nap. Feeling great. So glad my workout is done. Nice to get it done in the daytime. I'll have my larabar in a little bit, but for now I'm thirsty! Time to go tank up on my water.

Steph, you haven't been back this afternoon. How's work going? We could use a good RD in central MI, you know!;) And all the free plumbing service calls you'd need!:7

Where is everyone tonight??

I've been downing my water. Had some peanuts and cashews at the office/inlaws. Now i"m not sure what I shoyld have for dinner. I guess the same thing just smaller portions???

Hope you all are doing good.

Robin, Hows DS? And you!?

Here I am nursemaid Robin. MY DS has stopped with the runs and vomit-max but now his stomach hurts. I gave him some peptol bismult (sp?). I really need to go to work tomorrow because they will be giving out the W2s. TAX TIME :D

Colleen I'd replied to your email. Thanks

My new Slow and Heavy came in the mail today. YAY. Plus my feb cardio challenge Tracey's Step Sweatfest (scarry).

My meals today has been crazy but there is always tomorrow.

Hello all, I am STARVING today!! What's up? If I didn't know any better, i'd suspect pregnancy! (no sex = no baby, so don't even go there!)

Anyone ever tried the South Beach Diet wraps? I bought some this evening -- 2 wraps = about 250 calories and 25 grams of protein. I will try them tomorrow.

Worst job -- I worked at a grocery store when I was 15 and 16 years old, it was not that great. I haven't had any terrible jobs.

I WANT A DAY OFF TOMORROW!! I am not crazy about ice storms, but right now I don't care -- I want to be off from work!!

Off to fix dinner...

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.