!!!!! cLEAN & tidy TGIFriday !!!!!

I'm in a good mood -- slept really well last night, feeling rested this morning. This morning's workout is BM2 double upper body. I may run out of time for core work, but I will hit that later in the day I swear!!

We are getting some precip., but it's not enough of anything to get me out of work -- BOO! Should be a busy day, hopefully it goes by fast.

Tonight I am keeping my co-worker's girls for a few hours -- she is attending a Speed Dating event tonight!:) It will be fun for me and Collin (Chris will be lost), but the down side -- we will be ordering pizza.

Speaking of pizza, my weight is back down this am, just in time for the weekend, LOL!

Re: yesterday's topic of saving money, etc.... My employer contributes a measly 5% of my salary for a 403b (I shouldn't complain, it's better than nothing, right?). I also contribute each paycheck, plus I have separate roth IRA. I also put a large chunk of money away each month for Collin's college. I'm not sure how much I should be saving... Anyone??

Plans for the weekend -- I'm not really sure. Collin is going to go with his father, Chris has to work on Saturday. I think I am going to make chili on Saturday, and we might catch a movie Saturday night. I think we are also supposed to get together with the accountant to discuss tax stuff.

QUESTION OF THE DAY: What kind of car do you drive?

Right now, I drive a Ford Taurus. I wanted something bigger after I had Collin, and I got a really good deal on this car. However, I hate Fords, and all domestic makes for that matter. Chris and I are talking about selling it and getting a Toyota Highlander for me some time in the next few months.

Chris has a bazillion cars (well, I think it's actually about 12), but the main ones that he drives are a Toyota Camry, Jeep Grand Cherokee, and a 1978 Ford pickup!

Good morning and HAPPY SNOW DAY TO ME & GINA!!!!! School is cancelled!

Katie, Have fun w/ BM2 UB2! Hope it goes well babaysitting. I agree - pizza is easiest. And fun! What is speed dating?! As far asa how much to save our financial advisor told us to save 10% for retirement, which would be considered agressive saving. I'm petrified so I save 20%. We could have more "things" if I did the 10%, but again, I'm paranoid. DH grew up w/ money, my mom was dirt poor.

To answer your Q: I drive a 2005 Durango. It's bright red. We call it Clifford (the big red dog). Mike drives a dodge truck (red) too and he has an old Camaro that only comes out for the summer. He keeps it parked in our pole barn out back. I would love to have a Dodge Charger w/ a Hemi!!! I feel bad driving such a gas hog, but we need the space! And I REFUSE to drive a van. (sorry, van owners! I'm too young!)

I have no idea what I weigh and I'm scared to look. Eating is okay, I've been doing my workouts, drinking my water,and I'm feeling pretty good this morning. BUT! I need to use the bathroom!!! I'm so tired of eating so healthy and getting "backed up" anyway! I'm tempted to use over-the-counter remedies but I don't want to get hooked on relying on those. ugh!

menu:
b - kashi, apple or banana
s - hmmmm.. maybe larabar, maybe fruit
l - chicken, red peppers, onion over romaine. Proabably will share apple w/ DDs and some veggies
s - ??
d - ?? Need to check stock! Maybe chili, thanks Katie!

w/o is to be 40 min cardio, my choice. Not sure which yet. Not sure when. I guess that will help dtermine my snacks. Hopefully I can do it in the daytime since I won't be doing any school drop-off. Will do Cl. Str. or Bar too. I can do these easily next to the girls while they have their Barbie marathon today. Gina always joins me for some of it, Isabel sometimes.

I can hear Isabel stirring. bbl..

Posted this last night. copied/pasted for you!

Katie & Robin, Cathe posted the Feb rotation which I think you both would love. GymStyles and S&H. I noticed, Robin, that Cathe has S&H 3 days in a row - yowch!!!

okay, she's not up yet. Dilemma:

I have a Pampered CHef party to go to tonight. And its a "chocolate party". I want to go because those things are fun (and I need to order something) but I don't want to go because well, I don't want to be tempted by all that chocolate! Maybe it will be cacelled because of the snow. I feel like such a moron for not wanting to go because of that - I should just have enough will power, but I don't! We'll see...

I'm done with BM2 DUB -- YIKES! I really really do not care for endurance workouts. I feel too rushed.

I checked out the Feb rotation that Cathe posted, thanks Kate. I'm not sure I care for it -- I like to do cardio/weights/cardio/weights/cardio/weights/cardio.

I think I probably save more than 10% for retirement, and Chris does too, so between the two of us we should be at 20% or higher.

Kate, I think you should go to the party. If you can't resist, have one piece of something. But I bet you will resist!

Good Morning!

Kate, I agree with Katie, go to the party don't let food keep you away from friends.

Katie, I'm with you, I don't like the rotation either. I don't agree with working shoulders that hard after training the chest the previous day. Shoulders are a synergist muscle in the chest press. I feel there should be a rest day. She's not setting her STS up that way. She says to take a day in between; if I read her description correctly.

My workout was P90X Legs and Back - tough back workout

menu
b-cereal, banana
s-yogurt
l-??
s-??
d-??

I'll be back with the rest of my menu.

Vehicle - I drive, yep a van, I don't really mind. It's a 2007 Dodge Grand Caravan. We've had a van for about 8 years. DH drives a 2007 Dodge Durango.

A friend in fitness,
Shirl

Yay! Another vote for the Durango! I love mine. We got it because we were *sure* we were going to have a 3rd baby. But I couldn't get pregnant and now we've got a gas guzzler. But now I couldn't live without it.

Shirl, can you do pullups? What is the difference between pull ups and chinups?

At the PC party I actually won't even know anyone except for the hostess. I can make friends easily so that's not a big deal to me. Still on the fence.

Sorry you didn't like BM2UB2, Katie. I've never done that premix. How is it set up? Do you do each segment 2x in a row or do you do the whole thing 2x in a row?

Girls are up, time for breakfast! RESIST. LEFTOVER. FRENCH. TOAST.

Kate,
Well, if you don't know anyone it's definitley easy to resist going to a party. I assumed it would be a group of your friends. That's why my Mama always said never assume. ;) Yes, the Durango is a gas guzzler but he loves it too. The difference between pullups and chinups is you use an overhand grip with pullups and an underhand grip with chinups. Pullups are harder. I'm better at chinups. ;) I can do 3 pullups w/o using a chair for assistance. I use a chair for the rest of my reps. Each back segment that has pullups or chinups I try to do as many reps as possible w/o assistance.

YOU CAN RESIST THE FRENCH TOAST! I CAN RESIST THE BANANA BLUEBERRY PANCAKES! :D:D

A friend in fitness,
Shirl

You do each exercise twice in a row...

Back #1
Back #1
Back #2
Back #2
Back #3
Back #3
Chest #1
Chest #1
Chest #2
Chest #2
Chest #3
Chest #3
and so on...

I am feeling now that I should do 8 weeks heavy, one complete rest week, then 8 more weeks heavy which will take me right up to my wedding. I just don't like muscle endurance... Do I have to do it???

All the freaking schools are closed, but alas, Mama is going to work. SH*T!

Katie,
You don't have to do muscle endurance. Listen to your body with your heavy rotation. If you feel you need to rest sooner than the 8 weeks, listen to your body. You will get better results. I'm sorry you have to go to work.

A friend in fitness,
Shirl

Shirl, Good for you on your 'ups! I haven't even tried them in a year. you can resist the pancakes! I resisted the french toast!!! Althoug I did have 1 tiny lick of pb with 1 of my apple slices.

Katie, I think I would like that workout. Sorry you have to go to work. Bummer.

Hello Robin! DS must be better if you're off to work?

just have to say again: I RESISTED FRENCH TOAST!! WOO HOO!

Kate,

Good job resisting. I resisted the pancakes too! :) I like BM2 double upper body premix. It gets ya good!

A friend in fitness,
Shirl

YAY! Daytime workout!!! I just finished BM2 cardio premix (43 min). Sweaty fun! Trouble is, yesterday for SJP and today I felt winded really easily. Today I have this wierd pain in my shoulder and chest. I think I need to go to the chiro. When I take a deep breath I get a sharp pain. this happened about a year ago too. Chiro should help it.

Drinking my water and eating my larabar! I love those things. Cashew cookie is my favorite. I wonder if our Sams Club carries them..

Need to go call to order tickets for the rodeo in Feb and circus in April. We do these events every year - so much fun! They're both usually in March so its nice that they're spread out this year.

bbl....

Woah! We're way at the bottom!

How are our hard-working Steph & Colleen doing today?

My lunch was as-planned and delish!
Went to the chiro and feeling much better!

Hello! I am home for lunch, our weather is nasty! Glad I only have 3.5 more hours!!

South Beach Diet wraps were good, but NOT NEARLY enough food. I am having green beans now instead of apples -- decided I needed more veggies today instead of fruit.

I am really really looking forward to pizza tonight -- NO GUILT! I eat clean when I can, so that when I can't, it doesn't hurt me so badly.

Kate, I have often wondered if I would like the cashew cookie Larabar -- I love cashews, and I love cookies, sounds like a great combo! What is it like??

Check back after work?

PS What can I do with two girls, ages 10 and 12??

Hey ladies. I love those South Beach Diet wraps you may have to add a side salad or extra veggies.

Our circus Universoul is coming in April and the tickets are on sale now for $16. I love the circus.

I'll check out feb rotation. Kate Cathe can do s&h 3 days in a row because she is bionic.;-)

Enjoy your speed datng tonight Katie.

Kate for your constipation-max I highly recommend Benefiber.

I drive a Toyota Rav4 but soon will be driving a toyota 4 runner. I know it's not an American car but really what is made in the USA now-a-days.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.