Clean and Tidy - TGIF June 15

pwmatt

Cathlete
Yesterday was a good day for me eating wise. I went straight to the dentist after work. After he was done, I was numb in 2 places, so I really couldn't eat. Also, since I wasn't in the kitchen preparing dinner, I couldn't munch. Here's my day yesterday

B - oatmeal w/banana
S - apple
L - salad with salmon
S - natural applesauce w/cinnamin and a few raisins
D - 2 small baked potatoes with pl. yogurt and a few grapes

Kim it's so funny reading your post about putting the kids to bed when it's 8AM here!

Laura, welcome back to the check in. I think Robin was picked the perfect description - clean and tidy ! I for one, am not a squeaky clean eater, but I like it tidy!

I had my grocery store order some quinoa. I can't wait to try it!

Phyllis http://www.smileyhut.com/silly/arrowhead.gif

http://www.picturetrail.com/pwmatt

Hi Phyllis and those clean and tidy eaters to follow.

Phyllis I was wondering what time it was over there. I figured it was sometime in the morning.

I also like Robin's clean and tidy description. I aim for clean but am happy if I keep it tidy.

Today's eating was good.

B - Banana
S - Yoghurt and oatmeal
L - Corn mountain bread with beans and cottage cheese
S - rice cake and cottage cheese
D - Fruit salad

Perhaps I will book into the dentist next time I have PMS. I might control my eating. LOL:)

Hope you all have a great day.

Kim:)

LOL at the Visit to the Dentist Diet. I'm afraid when I get in eating mood, even a numb mouth wouldn't help. This thread does seem to help though. I was begining to mindlessly reach into the chocolate bag last night and realized I'd have to post it here. That kept me from reaching in again and again. (Yes, I did have two pieces, but stopped there) I'm not sure what will be on the menu today. I have to take my MIL to the hairdresser and grocery store. That also includes lunch at some fast food joint. I'll try to limit myself to a healthy, small salad. I wanted to have grilled salmon for dinner, but don't know what time I'll be getting home from MIL duty and if I'll have any energy left to cook. Or workout. Bah - humbug. I'll try to check in later. Maybe knowing that will help me stay on the clean and narrow.

Good morning! Yesterday was a clean day - I was too busy to eat! We're leaving for vacation and I'm trying to get ahead with business work and I couldn't leave my desk. I haven't sat at a desk that long in years. You don't even get hungry just sitting there not expending any calories. I did have some healthy sancks throughout the day and I drank a ton of water. The down side is that I didn't get to workout at all.

Today I won't be able to workout officially but I'm taking my girls to a HUGE zoo and I'll be walking all day, so does that count?:) I hope so! I hate when I miss workouts, espescially for work.

Today I'm going to try hard to eat clean. We'll be with another family at the zoo who most definetly does NOT eat clean. I always find myself slipping when I'm around them.

b - 9-grain bread (so good), banana, some of DDs' apple slices
snack/lunch/snack - packable stuff for the zoo
dinner - no idea! I'm gonna be exhausted from being gone all day!

Wish me luck - I'm gonna need it!!!!
Hope the rest of you have a clean day!

Kim, tell me more about corn mountain bread. I love bread and miss the refined, yummy white bread and corn bread I make. As soon as I eat it I start craving lots of other refined junk. Oh, if I only had portion control! I find I just have to cut out that stuff instead of limit it. If this is a clean recipe I'd love to have it. Thanks!

Hi Kate

Not a recipe, but I think it is clean. It is very paper thin bread in a square about the size of an (Australian) entree plate. Don't know how big your entree plates are over there. Anyway it is made from corn flour (70%), wheat flour and water and salt. I haven't eaten normal bread for years but this is great being so very thin. I use it for wraps or cut two slices in half, join them together with water and top it with vegies and soya cheese and it is like pizza. It goes so crisp when cooked.

I have just been to their site www.mountainbread.com.au and it says that it has been in the US market since 1999. If you click on distributors it gives you a list for the US. Hopes this helps.

Kim:)

Our post title makes me smile. :) There's a post on OD that asks about three things that make you smile. definitely this daily post is one of them. :)

So, I made it 15 days of squeaky clean and finally allowed myself to venture into tidy on day 16. I was at the mall with my friend and her 18 month old daughter. I was going to bring some snacks, but decided that I was going to have to venture out into the less clean world eventually. So...at the mall I had a kiddie cup of frozen yogurt. Then later, her husband met us and we went out to dinner at some Italian place (I was having anxiety just thinking about what I could possibly have). I managed to keep it tidy. No bread (even though it smelled so good) and no appetizers (they ordered calamari, fried mozarella, and bruschetta (it was a sampler plater). I had a salad w/ a drop (and I do mean a drop) of dressing, zucchini, and a trout filet (I was a little upset because the menu didn't say the trout was covered in breadcrumbs!!! I tried to eat very, very little). I probably would have sent it back saying that the menu did not say it was covered in breadcrumbs and could I get it plain, but I didn't want to start and we had the baby so I didn't want to make the dinner any longer.

I do feel like I have broken through to clean and tidy. Before, I was so obsessed about making it clean, now I am starting to add tidy to my diet. It feels good to be able to have more options.

Did I tell you my mom got Tosca's book and she's doing it? I'm so proud of her!!! My mom is a runner (has run a few marathons) and exercises and eats really well (as a child, if I got a snack, it was a graham cracker...I never had candy, chips, or junk food...she just wouldn't have it in the house). Still, I thought Tosca's plan would be good for her but more for my stepfather who is bordering on obese. Nothing has worked because he won't pay attention to his choices or portion sizes. He actually sadi he would do this with my mom and has already lost a few pounds!!! :D

Happy TGIF clean eating to all!

Steph-how are things going? I am in the ignoring, can't-be-bothered stage right now.

Kate-also try the Ezekiel bread. It's usually in the freezer section of most health food stores. If you have a Kroger, it's in the health food section in the freezer. It's really good...

Please excuse my ignorance everyone, but could someone please tell me what TGIF stands for. Thanks Kim

Hello, Everyone,

:) DH made my day by saying my "waist looks trimmer.":)
Today's plan:
B - oatmeal, chopped apple
s - pineapple and cottage cheese
L - veggie and hummus wrap, grape tomatoes
s - banana with nl pb
D - baked tilapia, brown rice, asparagus
s - plain yogurt and berries

Phyllis - can't wait to here about your first quinoa!

Kim - I did some googling. (Wow, Tasmania looks cool.) Try http://www.worldtimezone.com (Ladies, check out http://www.about-australia.com/tasmania ) Looks like it's almost 10pm there, but it is almost 8 am here in Ohio.

Robin - God bless you for MIL duty!

Kate - Have fun at the zoo! Extra good luck with keeping it clean!!

Lorie - So sorry your trout wasn't as expected...I hate that!! I'm a little anxious about finding a good clean/tidy/unclean balance at times too. I haven't had any baked unclean items (though I've had chocolate and icecream), because I know it's harder for me to comtrol the portions with cookies, cake, etc. I think I'm just not ready to go there yet!

Everyone - Have a great clean Friday!

Patty

Hey Patty-no, I wasn't really ready to "go there" but I figured I needed to if I wanted to be able to go out and be social. I could have sent it back and asked for it dry, but I didn't want to make everyone wait. I would have felt justified doing that, though, since breading was not listed on the menu (or anything hinting to it). Oh well! Like I said, I am in the tidy phase. I just want to keep being mindful of what I eat and try to eat as clean as possible. I'll tell you something, it wouuld be easier if I was working right now. No, I definitely DON'T want to go back to work yet!

Well, had a good day other than the pizza last night (and I picked the tidy choice w/ the chicken deLite pizza!).

Lucky me, I have my annual checkup this morning. }( Today's my rest day and I'm running a 5K race tomorrow.

Liquids ~ 20 oz water, cup of coffee

Breakfast ~ Usual oatmeal

Lorie - Yes, the social aspect of eating is one of the toughest! At this point, I would definately rather compromise somewhat with food in order to be more social. I wouldn't have reordered the trout either!
Would being at work be easier because there is no social eating where you work? I always feel lucky as a SAHM when I don't have to deal with the foods that get brought in to share at some places. Of course, I do have to deal with watching a 17 yo eat like there's no tomorrow!
Patty

*********************FREE iTrain workouts!!!*************************

I saw these codes posted on OD and they work!!! AH2007 and CW2007. You go to the iTrain website, look for the workout you want, then put in the code and it will be downloaded for free. You can only get one with each code. I got iClimb and iTread. I have never used any of these or Cardio Coach although I have heard great things about both. I will let you know!!! :D

Lorie,

You need to stop beating yourself up over this. You have been eating super duper clean for 15 days and you had salad with ONE drop of dressing and trout with bread crumbs??

Let me share with you from experience with trying to do diet after diet 100 %, eventually it will backfire on you. AND bread crumbs on the trout are really not THAT bad. I have another book from Germany that propagates clean eating based on the Mediterranean Diet and it does have a recipe in there with fish with bread crumbs. The problem with breaded fish or chicken, or whatever, usually is, that it is deep fried, that is the unclean and unhealthy part. Since you were at an Italian place I would assume they pan-fried it, so you are good! It is not 100 % clean, but it is tidy :) You did great!!! And for heaven sake don't skimp on the oil in your salad, if it is olive oil, it is good for you and you need some oil in your salad so your body is able to absorb the vitamin.

Today is one of those days that I lost my appetite, I am a nervous wreck. Peppi's temperature dropped to under 100 degrees yesterday afternoon, so she will be going into labor within the next few hours. I am heading out to take her to the dog park for the last time in 6 or 7 weeks and then it's time to call in the Prozac :)

I think I will just have a quick cup of tea and maybe a banana, if I can stomach it.

I will be back later.

Carola

I think this clean eating is working - I weighed in this morning and I am 2 pounds lighter :7

Yesterday was good for me as I stayed within the clean eating guidelines.

I am now trying to up my water intake to 128oz and I'm feeling pretty good.

I even decided to grow some tomatoes on my deck so I can have some fruit handy :)

My menu for today is pretty much like everyday except for dinner I may make some grilled chicken.

good morning all clean and tidy eaters! yesterday i did pretty well, i finished off with some tortilla chips and roasted pepper hummus.

today will be an ok day. we are celebrating a co-workers birthday and ordering in from panera. i love it there, so i am choosing to splurge!

b- optimum power cereal w/banana
s- go lean bar
l- Mediterranean veggie sandwich from panera (22g protein!)
s- probably just an apple or yogurt after my heavy lunch
d- leftover baked chicken w/tomatoes, corn and homemade sweet potato fries

i am hoping to get in powerstrike 2 this evening before dinner.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.