Clean and Tidy -Not this Weekend! Mon. June 18

buffettgirl

Cathlete
I don't think I gave any thought to my food intake this weekend. If it didn't move, I ate it. Oh well, today is another day, another week, another diet.

B-fast: WW eng muffin with almond butter, banana

Lunch: Turkey sandwich on WW, carrots, tomatos, berry salad

Dinner: DH wants strawberry shortcake before the season is over. I'm going to try to stick to a salad with some cheese and a dish of berries.

Workout: Something steppy

Have a great Monday!

Hey all.

Robin, don't sweat it! A perfect world would be one in which we didn't have to think about food at all - where all the choices we made were naturally the correct ones.

That being said, yesterday we went to Rita's water ice and I enjoyed every cold bite of my icey!

Today will be back to the usual routine. I don't have too much trouble during the week taming my appetite.

Have a good Monday.
Phyllis http://www.smileyhut.com/silly/arrowhead.gif

http://www.picturetrail.com/pwmatt

Morning, Robin and all who follow,

Ugh...I still have that sore throat (with the yucky stuff), headache, and stuffiness. I probably shouldn't work out, but I haven't done anything since Thursday and I am feeling like a sloth. I know taking some time off won't kill me (it would probably even help), but I still get antsy.

DF was here last night so this morning I woke up and made him his clean breakfast (protein shake, 3 egg whites w/ spinach, and a slice of Ezekiel). He actually looks forward to his meals. I also packed his lunch and snacks for the day. I like doing that for him and I am glad he is eating it. As for me, who knows? It's hurting to drink my water! x(

I absolutely CAN NOT stay in bed all day. I will go stir crazy. I have a few short errands to run and I am planning on doing them today. Otherwise, I am not sure.

Okay, enough of my complaining.

I hope everyone has a super clean day today. I have really, really been craving peanut butter M&M's (my addiction). I almost got some yesterday, but I thought about how guilty I would feel. Although, I think if I am still feeling as crappy as I do now, I might give in because it's kind of a comfort thing. But then there's the guilt...agggghhhhhh! Also, if I am not gong to be working out, that's really when I should be eatig super, super clean. I do admit that with my throat hurting as much as it has, I was barely able to eat just two snacks yesterday. That's all I could eat. I did manage to get my water in.

Happy Monday! I hope evryone has a great day! :)

Hi Robin, Phyllis, Lorie and clean eaters to follow

Well the weekend went well for me and so did today. I have even managed to cut down on my meal size (which is more of an issue for me than clean eating most of the time).

Robin - Today is another day. Hope you enjoyed every bite during your weekend though.

Lorie - I hope you are feeling better soon. Nothing worse than a sore throat where it hurts to drinkx(

Workout was pyramid lower body. I have only just purchased the pyramids and have done upper body once and now lower body. I thoroughly enjoyed both of them.

Have a great day everyone.

Kim:)

Morning Robin, Phyllis, Lorie and Kim....

I'm with Robin on the weekend thing. Ugh. Saturday wasn't AWFUL, but let's not even talk about yesterday.

I'm eating my cereal with banana as we speak. I have absolutely no idea what's up for the rest of the day. I'll be doing BM2 Double Upper Body premix tonight. Although, I missed my cardio yesterday, so maybe I should just do BM2 as a whole to make up for it.

Robin - good luck resisting the strawberry shortcake!

Phyllis - what is Rita's water ice?

Lorie - how on earth would you eat M&M's with a throat that's too sore to drink water? And why on earth are you getting up and cooking breakfast for DF when you're so sick? Take care of you, girlie!

Kim - I love the Pyramids too:)

Lori, kudos to you for packing DF's lunch and snacks. I don't to that even when I'm not sick!
Stay away for the M&M's! They really won't taste as good as you think they will. If you have to, maybe make a little mix with a FEW M&M's and some almondsand walnuts. I hope you feel better soon! Do you think you need to see a Dr? I't been a little while. It's just the mom in me. I can't help it. :)

Shelly,Rita's is a chain the sells the most delicious water ice. I'm guessing you don't know what water ice is? It's like a snow cone only the ice is ground so much smoother and it's mixed with flavoring, ie green apple, cherry, lemon, (my choice yesterday was mint chocolate chip)and many more. Each day reatures different flavors. That presents a problem when you have your heart set on something and they don't have that flavor that day!

Good Morning Gang!

Kim - I have the same problem. It isn't always what I eat it's how much I eat. I eat all good things but I am always so ravenous that I eat too much of it. I've been known to "snack" on three quarters of a head of roasted cauliflower :eek:! I sometimes feel like I don't have that "off" switch that says "you're full, stop eating".

Robin - I am right there with you! I won't even begin to get into the gory details of what I ate last night at dinner with my SO, but it was YUMMY :9 :9 ! I start anew today.

Lorie - Oh hon, I hope you feel better soon!

Phyllis - Today is so much better...I can't wait to hit Cardio Fusion, Mix and Max premix with maybe a SB Challenge chaser. Woohoo!

Back to the usual today after last night's feast....

B - egg whites with guac, steel cut oats with cherries
S - probably skip, I'll be running errands
L - salad with shrimp, flax seed bread with PB, apple
S - don't know yet
D - leftover cleanup...broiled red snapper with tomato-caper salsa, roasted cauliflower, spaghetti squash

Oh BTW, does anyone know how to get their picture trail address in their signature? I've seen that a bunch of you have it there. I went into "edit profile" and put it in the signature box and I tried the homepage box and nada. Am I missing something?

For now it's www.picturetrail.com/gwd

They are mostly horse/work pics, very few of me. I tend to run from cameras :p, but I show up in a couple...I'm the red head (woman, not man) with the crazy curly hair.

Have a great day everyone!
Wendi

Wahhhhh, I'm at work and can't see Wendi's pictures until I get home. Wendi, I told my friend about your job. She said she used to go to Orange Co. for workshops when she was in charge of a therapuetic riding program. Her daughter said she'd love your job.

Shelley, Rita's Mango is the BEST. Not too bad for you either, as far a frozen treats go.

I understand the craving for M&Ms. A friend of mine said they are a cure for a sore throat. Shelley, you just suck on them....

She can have it Robin LOL! Did your friend go to Winslow? We have a friend/ex-client who is very active with them.

We have a bunch of Rita's here...I may have to try it }(.

Wendi

Rita's sounds yummy!

Wendi - just copy that exact address that you gave us into your signature block in your profile on Cathe.com.

That's what I tried and nothing happened ;( . I'm going to go try again...

And still nothing...hmmm. I suck at this!

Last try because I've got to get my butt out the door...

Wendi

Hi ladies. Weekend? What weekend? We were supposed to eat clean THIS weekend? LOL. Not me, either, so today's a fresh start for me, like a few of you!

We spent the entire day yesterday at the local amusement & water park. FUN FUN FUN! It was a treat for the boys yesterday, because they were sad it was Father's Day. Younger DS got onto his thought process of, "we have no daddy anymore, so we can't celebrate the day". Phewy on that, I said, asked them HOW they wanted to celebrate, and off we went. It was a GLORIOUS day and an awesome way to celebrate late DH! PLUS, yesterday would have been our 13th anniversary, so I was a bit sad myself, but the day came and went like nay other.

ANYWAY....eating, right? WRONG! It was all off. Today is new.
Menu:
B: banana and cereal
S: watermelon
L: veggie soup, grilled cheese on 22 bread
S: grapes
D: grilled chicken over a salad

Oh. and this morning was a 45 minute (4.5+ mile) run.

Gayle

I like to pack his food when he's here. Since we don't live together yet, I like doing those things for him when he stays here.

As for the doctor, if I don't feel better by tomorrow, I am going to go to the doctor.

All of you are so right about the M&M's!!! They won't taste as good as I think, esppecially with a sore throat. It's kind of like a comfort thing for me. I will try to resisit. I may not get out of bed today, so that will make it easy since I won't be going to the store to get any!

Get this...I woke up with DF at 0520 to make his stuff. He left at 0600 and I went back to bed. Didn't wake up until JUST NOW (1100)!!! I must have needed the rest.

Anyway, you are all so wonderful. Thanks Mama Phyllis. I promise I will go if I am not getting any better.

Wendi...you are beautiful! Don't you just LOVE, LOVE, LOVE Disney World? I am a memeber of the Disney Vacation Club. It's great and really worth it if you go a lot.

Hello clean eaters!
I'm back from camping, and did really well! I only brought healthy raw foods and since there really isnt anything else around, i couldnt do any badness!
Today is back to work as usual! I'm slowl trying to go through all of the posts i missed.
Keep up the good work today, wow!
Steph
oh yeah, workouts, kickboxing, like KBX Amy Bento, and abs, i'm off tomorrow to go to the Cyndi lauper tour.
Steph

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.