:):):):) cLean & tidy hump day :):):):)

angie_mitchell

Cathlete
Something about hump day just made me laugh this morning. :)

So, no school today. I'm feeling lazy. Still in my PJs. Still coughing but feeling about the same as yesterday. Today's WO will be LIC - we'll see how it goes. I like this WO but know I will need to take it easy again.

I can't believe you guys had another full page of posting after I went to bed last night! Chatty Cathes!

Kate, I've learned that Ryan is much more helpful if I ask him to do specific things. If I'm feeling like he's not helping, it makes a big difference if I just say, will you please wipe off the table? Will you carry this laundry basket upstairs? Will you put those books away? That way, my never ending list of things to do gets shorter and I don't get mad at him for just sitting there. They just don't feel the same obligation as we do toward the house. It is frustrating though because if I don't load/run the dishwasher at night (say, because I'm not feeling well), there is a 99% chance it won't get done. :rolleyes::rolleyes: I can't believe you get your versaclimber and leg press this week! So jealous!

Morris, I don't envy you and DH's decision making process. I can't imagine how hard that would be. We lived very close to Davis Montham Air Force Base in Tucson and so we knew a lot of military families (plus a LOT of border patrol families) and they were always going through these decisions. I hope whatever you choose to do, makes you happy. On another note, I'm really thinking I'd like to run again - I'll have to wait until springish because I don't have much time now but I miss it and would really like to participate in some 5Ks. I think I just have to start slowly. I always start too fast. Is it Klaudia who does the couch to 5K? How does that start? I'll look into it. And, a McD cone is pretty much one of the safest desserts out there!

Anne, are you with me for LIC today? When do you leave?!?!?! I would love some time on the beach. Where exactly are you going? An all inclusive kind of place? I have never done one of those. I'm interested but I just LOVE cruising so much that I can't sacrifice it. Maybe someday I'll get sick of cruising and want to do something else... Fun about the ankle weights. I don't have any - prob should get some but I hate leg work so much! Adding ankle weights just might kill me.

Robin, we streamed the inauguration and really enjoyed watching it. Pretty exciting!

Katie, warm brownie and ice cream sounds phenomenal! I hope you enjoyed every last bite!

Klaudia, how are you doing today? Thinking of you! How was Milla's class?

OK... gots to go make lunch. Hoping to WO during Ellie's nap if Anna lets me. We'll see.

BBL.
angie

Sorry Angie, we must have posted at the same time. I'll just copy and paste here...

Angie, no school for the girls today, right? Does that mean no french lesson also? How are you feeling? Take it easy today.
Kate, ^5 on the 1RM testing -- I need to get on that! Did you realize that you have almost 5,000 posts?!:p
Robin, I am jealous of your snow!! I saw on my iPhone that it was snowing at my dad's house a little west of you, and at the beach to your east. How much did you get?
Morris, thanks for the info on the running. So maybe twice this week, then I can bump it up if I want next week? PS there is plenty of dessert left over, and I would happily give it away, come on over!
Anne, how was tap class last night? I think it's so cool that you do that. SB is definitely one of my favorites! And the challenge is NOT EASY!
Colleen, do you have meeting wednesday today?? How are you doing with your snacks and water at work?
Klaudia, (((HUGS))) to you. Please know that you are one of the buffest women I 'know' with all those pull ups, you really inspire me! Feel free to post/lurk as much or little as you want.

Who did I miss?

WO today will be cardio -- not sure if I wanna do step or spend some time on the TM. I feel like I need a big calorie burner since I sort of indulged a bit last night:eek:

I decided to go with step -- Step Blast to be exact (Anne, it's all your fault!). But I started feeling bad about 30 minutes into in (stomach pains and chest pains) so I stopped. Oh well, just having an off day.

Happy Wednesday everyone!

Okay girls, sorry! I feel like I'm letting you down. No WO today. I just can't do it. I cleaned the toy room for 30 min and feel like I'm going to die. It's just frustrating because I feel like this happens to me every January. I have these grandeur dreams/aspirations for myself and I always get bogged down with sickness. :( I just want to go a whole month with working out consistently for a change.

Katie, sorry you are having an off day. I hope you're ok.

Gotta read a book to Ellie.

BBL.

angie, no self sabatogue!!! you are doing so great, give yourself a break! you are sick for goodness sake. one thing i'd recommend, though, if you think you burn out every january - change your week goals. instead of syaing you have to workout 6 days a week, say you will do 4-6 workouts. then you don't have to feel "bad" if you do less than 6-7 workouts. just my 2 cents....:)

katie, 30 min of sb is ghreat! and your run plan sounds good. hope you feel okay at work today.

i did a short run this am and drills from dm. the drills felt kind of funny with my foot:( so i stopped and did some elliptical. i guess i am happy if i can run, but i miss cathe cardio. i just think the impact on my tile floor may not be okay, kwim? today will be super clean. the thing is, i am going to dinner with a friend tonight. she wants to go to a vietnamese restarunat. i have never eaten that food. anyone know any good choices for vietnamese food? thanks in advance. otherwise i have tons of errands, laundry and cooking for today. at least i am home with my guys. bbl

angie, thanks for the dh encouragement. i think im doing better at asking instead of flying off the handle.you're right about the obligation thing.
take care of yourself! and enjoythose girls home today! will that make tomorrow harder? do you pack their lunch or does school provide it?

katie, sb! fun!
you want snow??? come to mich! we got snow, baby!:D
5000 posts - i think i might be ashamed of myself!:p

morris, good for you for listening to your body! hmmmmm....dm sounds fun!
ive never ate v food - good luck! have fun tonight!

-----------------
never did the shopping last night. bythe time i got done w/ e'thing else it was 11 and i just couldnt get out the door! i was tired! :eek:

no plans today - girls at school this a.m.! what to do, what to do......!

Morning! Feeling much better today. The doctor gave me a script for Xanax and a referrral to a therapist who I'm going to call today. I love my doctor! She was very patient and understanding with me. She even said, "I wish I looked like that!" when I pulled up my shirt to show her my stomach:) And she has a nurse who's a huge hypo, too, so we were bonding:) I haven't worked out since Saturday so I'm at a loss as to what to do for the rest of the week. I'm thinking 3 total body and 2 hiit. What do you ladies think? Retail therapy helped, although I could still use a few things-never enough right?;) And I forgot shampoo so I have to go out again!

Angie, take it easy today. Enjoy the girls' day off and stay in those pjs:) Milla's class was fun. She has a great teacher. I help once a month and it's like chatting with a friend when I'm in there. The website for the 5k is www.coolrunning.com. I've used it to train for 2 5ks with great success.

Katie, thanks for the compliment and the hugs:) I hate having off days. Tomorrow will be better-trust me.

Morris, great advice! I like shooting for 4-5 workouts, then if I do 6 I feel like a rock star! Enjoy your dinner tonight. I've never had Vietnamese either. Let us know how it turns out. Did you make the quinoa recipe from the OD forum? I use Ancient Harvest-no need to rinse!

Kate, I think we should all make a road trip to Grand Ledge-your gym rivals Cathe's:) I keep telling Darrin we need to make the whole basement a gym and keep bringing you up. One of these days.

Hi Robin, Anne, and Colleen!

b-oatmeal, fruit
s-almonds
l-?
s-?
d-?

bbl...

Morning, everybody!

Klaudia, you "sound" better today, I'm so glad you're feeling better and made it to the doctor. One thing about therapists, though, make sure you find the right one. It took a few tries for me and a few weeks, but when you find the right one it's really helpful. As far as work outs this week, I say do what you feel like. Pick the work outs that make you feel good and go with those. Don't worry about getting all the right things in this week, just do what you like and start again next week. Just my $.02, tho!

Angie, if you're sick, you're sick. Don't beat yourself up about it, just rest and get back to it when you can. And, I agree with Morris, what if we both aim for 4 to 6 work outs per week? For example, this week and next week I can only do 5 work outs max, so I'm just going to have to live with that. My schedule is too busy, plus I travel again this weekend.

Kate, thanks for the recipe! That sounds terrific. I'll try to make it in the next few weeks. Do all your new toys come tomorrow?

Morris, there's an asian restaurant I go to:
http://www.restaurantdb.net/restaurants/menu-234.html

The Pho is supposed to be really good, but I've never had it. It does have beef, but a small amount. It's really just a huge bowl of soup and it has tons of veggies. I hope you have fun tonight!

Katie, lol about step blast! Sorry you weren't feeling good, but half of a Cathe work out is still a great work out, right? Do you have lots of meetings today?

Hi Colleen!

So, up early again today, and I did do LIC. I took little breaks, but I justified it by telling myself it was the first time I was doing the work out. I don't know if that's fair or not, but whatever. Those one legged squats were killer! And I couldn't do all the push ups on my toes, but I did some.

The vacation countdown has definitely started! We leave a week from Saturday and I can't wait. We're going to Akumal, Mexico to an all-inclusive resort. I've never been to one, so we'll see how I like it. We wanted some place we could snorkel from the beach and just relax. From what I've read online, this place is the ticket. I don't even care if the weather's bad and we can't go anywhere, I just need to get away for a little while.

Busy day here at work, I have a meeting from 10 to 3 or 4. Fun, fun. I'll try to come back later.

anne

Last edited:
Hey all,

Thanks for the support. I think part of the problem is I get so down on myself in these situations that I can't just take a day and bounce back the next day. I get in a slump. So, my goal is (as long as I'm feeling relatively better) to bounce back tomorrow. I have such an "all or nothing" personality that I find myself thinking that 4 days of working out might as well be 0!

Morris, those dm drills can be really hard on your joints! ITA. I've never had V food either. I'm sure you'll be able to find something. Any of you running girls want to come do the Paris marathon? :)

Kate, Annabel will only be eating lunch at school on Mondays. I don't think I'm allowed to pack a lunch for her although I haven't asked. I have to buy her tickets at the local town hall and she eats the "school" lunch.

Klaudia, thanks for the web site. I'd love to run a 5K but there aren't really any around here and I'll be in the US in July and there aren't a whole lot of races I can find then either. Ugh. My only "real" option here is the Paris marathon. I'd love to work up to that and do it by the end of our time here. I'm glad you're doing better today. I think your plan for WO is great.

Anne, your vacation sounds heavenly! I hope you have a great time! I am going to try to get in 5 days this week. We'll see. It might be more like 3 or 4. Thanks for hanging in there with me.

Hi Robin (you snuck in). Enjoy your busy day!

Spag and meatballs for dinner.

later...

Good Morning Everyone!

I have a bad case of the winter blah's. I guess it is all the change that is happening here at work and I am not sure what I should do. It is also really cold out and I just want to stay home in my PJ's.

Angie, don't worry about not working out because you are sick. Just do what you can and don't beat yourself up. I think January is a hard month for everyone and we all just need to make it through.
Anne, I bet you can't wait for your vacation. We went to Riviera Maya in Mexico to an all inclusive and spent most of the time laying by the pool. It was great.
Klaudia, I am glad you are feeling better today. I don't think any of us have enough money for a great retail therapy session. Glad you got a small dose yesterday.
Morris, be patient about the Cathe cardio. I have had Vietnamese food but that was back when I was eating unhealthy.
Kate, I am so jealous of your gym. I wished you lived closer - I would be over there all the time.
Katie, sorry you had to cut your cardio short. Hope you can get some rest today.

w/o was HLKO Combos 1-2
b: oatmeal w/ almonds
s: 1/2 clif bar
l: tbd
s: chopped veggies, clementime
d: chipotle chicken?

Where is everyone today? It's lonely around here...

Feeling a little better this PM. Dinner on the stove but still in jammies. :) Should be attractive for my husband.

Hope you are all having a great day!

angie, i cant even tell you how many days im still in my pjs when mike gets home!:eek:

colleen, maybe you need anothe trip to mexico!:p

robin, will you get groceries for me??? :p i need eggs!

anne, thats a long stinkin' meeting! do you get a lunch break????!!!
im so excitedd for you vaca! we go to tc in july. - i cant wait!

klaudia, glad the dr went well......and i want your stomach too!!!:D
isnt it great to like your kids teachers?!
and you just come on over anytime!:) bring darrin and the kids!

angie, what do they feed the kids?
rt to angies!!! now dh wont mind the rt to jersey so much! lol!!!

i got so much done this morning! julia slept 90 mins....big girls at school....aaaahhhhh! mil brought isabel home - huge help!

waiting for j to finish her lunch! then i'll get mine!

Hey ladies, quick drive by... Work is NUTS again today, I hate it. Work stress = uncontrollable cravings. I *almost* stopped and got tacos for lunch, but I resisted. Ugghhh.....

B cereal
S banana, 1/2 clif bar
L 1/2 turkey sandwich, salad
S apple?, almonds
D ??? not sure, maybe blackened chicken pasta tossed with veggies

Please send me (((clean eating vibes)))

good job, Katie!!! Resist the cravings! A planned cheat is one thing, but you CAN control stress eating! GO GIRL GO!!!! vibes a'comin' atcha!

go katie, go!!! clean eating vibes comign to you!!

angie, pjs are just fine. i don't even have any cute ones, but that is what dh gets:p hope you have a good night.

kate, how is miss julia? glad fil helped with pickup. that is great!

colleen, i understand about the winter blahs i am ready for spring. unfortunately, in maine, i am 4 months or more early:(

anne, thanks for the idea. i will try that tonight. i am not a beef fan, but i love veggies!!

hi robin - good luck with the shoppping and bills

play date this am was fun but my house is destroyed. finn should be up shortly. i went to the store yesterday but forgot milk, so we have to get that and go to good will to drop off some stuff. if i do not get back later, i will see you all tomorrow!

morris, lol! my pjs arent cute either! always mismatched. and i need loose easy-access shirts to feed julia at night. but you know what??? guy pjs arent too hot either, so there, dh!:p

hosting playdates.....i hate the mess but its fun to do sometimes.

oh, i have a monster pile for goodwill....

julias doing good....nursing!:D isabel is asleepon my other shoulder.
fyi, this is taking me FOREVER to type!

Talk about stress eating. I was stressed out trying to drive in this ice so I went to McDonalds and had a soda and chicken nuggets.:eek:

Katie y-day on the biggest loser they said that a taco is only 200cal.
Must be homemade. Good job with the will power.

Kate our little babygirl is growing up.:) Do you have a maid?

Angie I'm here just been driving around all day.Did you read that article that Katie had up 2 days ago. It said something concerning not how much hours you w/o but HOW you work out is important.

Colleen no one can stay home in PJs for the whole winter.

Anne Mexico sounds so nice and warm. Make sure you take pics.

Klaudia I'm glad thaT you found a good dr. It's important.

-------------------------
I did all this shopping and only brought 4 (5#plates) to make two good 14# DBs. :mad: That's it. Everything was for the family. Just for that I'm buying a new w/o DVD. I'll feel better.

robin, i have a WONDERFUL cleaning lady - she comes every other friday. this week - yesssssss!
mcd's - isabel begs whoever picks her up from pre-k to take er there!:p
i need to post a pic of my sweet chubby girl! this babys got CHEEKS!:D
what dvd are you buying???!!!! im curious about clx.....
how far are you in your 1rms....

I brought Goddess k-bells :D looks like a challenge

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&item=180322077121

So where are the new pics of our baby girl?

1RM I think I've only done about 60% the rest I going to guesstamate because I've notice that for example Week workout card 1 (chest shoulders and biceps) for the chest work I will be using similar weights over and over again so the 1RM that I did not do I can guess.

Even if the weight is off by 1 or 2# so what Cathe is going to give us so much DOMS we will not be able to walk straight for a month.:D

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.