+..+..+..+..clean/tidy EASTER weekend..+..+..+..+

Well I have got to post and scoot -- busy busy day here for us! I need to get on it (the workout) or we are gonna be late.

You will not believe this... The Easter Bunny heard that Collin was going with his Dad tonight, so he came early!! He ate all of the carrots that Collin set out for him, and left a basket filled with toys and candy and even wrote him a note!!

I am baking blueberry muffins for the family this morning -- never made them from scratch before! Then off to Egg Hunt/Brunch with the Easter Bunny himself, then run run run to soccer, then home to collapse. It's raining and wet so I *kinda* hope they cancel soccer -- is that bad?:confused:

Anne, GOOD LUCK with your race today, and with Alexa! Robin, good luck with your family! Kate, did Gina call?

cute title & colors katie!
yay colliin! i remember my mom doing that stuff for us too!:)
you are NOT bad for wanting soccer cx'd - i think every parent prob feels the same way!
i ove blueberry muffins - i put a little lemon zest in and use buttermilk - mmmm mmmm!
have a great wo!

gina stayed at il's! yay!!! meeting them for bfast at mils fave place - cr barrell. i hate that place! i'll order cheerios & a banana but i couldve stayed home & saved a ton of $! oh well.

going to michaels toda - 30% this morning! stocking up on lots!

sts legs on tap

all dds have pics today - cant wait!!!

good morning everyone! it is wet and rainy here, but we are going to my grandmother's in a bit and want to use her indoor ppool (at the assisted living place). do you think they'll mind finn and aidan?:D i had a fun wo this am of ellitptical and a few miles on tm and core and legs. i needed it after being up since 3:30 with kids:( after being off the wagon yesterday, i am super determined today. plus, knowing i am not working is a huge stress reliever!

katie, what a day you have planned. enjoy it!

kate, yeah for gina. have fun at breakfast -bleach!

bbl

Morris, They are going to eat your boys up with a spoon! Oldies love the babes! How fun!
Great wo too!!!
Hooray for no work stress!!

-

I worked so hard!!! STS Legs done!!
off to breakfast!:confused:

Good Morning!

We are getting ready to leave for the cheesesteak run. Chris' car club is gathering and driving up to Philly to get cheesesteaks and show of their cars. Then off to see my sister's new house and have dinner, then to my Mom's to sleep. Tomorrow we are going to my aunt's for Easter dinner and then back home. Then Monday I start Meso 3.

Katie, I won't want to go soccer in this weather. It has been pouring all morning. You are not a bad mom for wanting them to cancel.
Kate, enjoy your cheerios this morning. I haven't had cheerios in ages.
Morris, sorry you were up so early. I bet everyone would love to swim with your kids.
Anne, good luck with your run.
Robin, hope the family drama does not get too bad.
Hi Klaudia & Angie!

w/o was HISM2
b: oatmeal w/ almonds
l: turkey sub
d:???

Happy Easter Eve

i'm sorry that I could not get back y-day. I really enjoyed the Good friday service. We ate in the Cafe (fried this and that:confused:) at least they had salAd
We watched the Passion and then the acting group put on a play for us. And then we had a guest preacher. I got there around 12 noon and did not leave until 6:45.:eek: I went to bed around 8:00. Good thing Easter sunday services are only 2 hours.

Katie I love the Easter bunny enjoy your hunt.:D Here comes Peter Cotton Tail...

Kate enjoy Michaels let us know what you brought

Morris time for a napmax.? My ellitptical made my calfs sore. Good w/o today.

Colleen enjoy your weekend and I'll start M3 with you on Monday

------------------
Today w/o ellip 40 and some k-bell core work. I guess I can't avoid my family forever. I'll go over tomorrow after church.

Last edited:
Anne thanks I forgot about cardio coach and itrain.

Kate itrain.com has workouts for iclimb machine. I think I have a cardio coach w/o in my old ipod.

Last edited:
I did good at CrackerB - eggs w/ veggies and requested NO BUTTER in the prep. Was good. I even avoided the biscuits they brought - but did sneak a few bites of Isabel's pancake!

Busy weekend, Colleen! You started with a great WO tho! I keep meaning to learn more of TSs stuff....

Robin, WTG on the salad!
What DIDNT I buy at Micheals! I got scrapbooking stuff and various kiddo project stuff. And easter eggs - who knows where theyve all migrated to in the past year?!
Are you trying to enable me withthe new wo's?!;)

I did good at CrackerB - eggs w/ veggies and requested NO BUTTER in the prep. Was good. I even avoided the biscuits they brought - but did sneak a few bites of Isabel's pancake!

Busy weekend, Colleen! You started with a great WO tho! I keep meaning to learn more of TSs stuff....

Robin, WTG on the salad!
What DIDNT I buy at Micheals! I got scrapbooking stuff and various kiddo project stuff. And easter eggs - who knows where theyve all migrated to in the past year?!
Are you trying to enable me withthe new wo's?!;)

Enable.....Who me?;)

lol robin!

-

mike just enabled me - i just booked 2 nights at great wolf lodge to tack on to our traverse city vacation. he wanted longer than a week to be gone!

ohhh kate, that sounds fun! how's the eggs come out?

robin, my calves get sore too with the ellitpical. i love changing things up. salad sounds good.

colleen, busy girl this weekend. will that leave you wiped out for monday?

swimming was a blast. so nice to get the boys tired. clean lunch done, now all my guys are sleeping and i am reading a book. what are you guys using your discount for sts cardio for? i am not going to get any more dvds i do not think (wanted sts abs, but cannot use coupon for it and cannot afford sts yet). i wanted to get a new resistance band, like what she will use in her travel wo, but i only see tubing of sorts on her website. what bands are you guys using right now? anyone recommend anything? i cannot find info on what she will use with the travel wo anywhere. thanks! after nap we are going out to the playground, in the wet cold north east:(

That sounds great, Kate, you'll all have so much fun there!

Just one hour to go until the dog arrives. I'm getting nervous. I wish Jim was here, but he has to work today. He'll be home about 6. I guess we could have waited until tomorrow, but I wanted both of us to be home with her all day her first full day here. It'll be fine, right?

Want to hear the ironic twist? I did the run this morning with two of my childhood friends, one of whom I had not seen in more than 15 years. We both remembered this morning that when I was 5 or 6 years old her family dog bit me and I was terrified of dogs for a very long time after that. Isn't that weird that I see her on the day I'm getting my first dog? Very strange, but kinda cool. Anyway, the race was fun. My friend had to walk a lot, but that was fine. We had a good time and we finished, those were our goals. The three of us are going to do a half marathon in Chicago the first weekend in April, that will be a blast. My friend who lives in Chicago said, "Bring your husband, bring the dog, we have a travel crate, it'll be great!" Wasn't that nice?

Katie, busy today, huh? Enjoy!

Robin, don't answer your phone today if you want to avoid family. That's what I do.

Colleen, have a fun Easter weekend!

Morris, the folks at your grandmother's place will go ga-ga over your boys! Have a great time.

Hi Klaudia and Angie!

Happy Easter Eve, everyone! I'm going to go read the dog book that was recommended to me. Wish me luck, I'll be back after Jim gets home.

anne

Hi ladies! Do you guys mind if I join this check-in? I'm assuming from the title that this is a check-in for clean eating? If not, you can steer me elsewhere, but I totally need help with some accountabilty for my eating!! I am feeling a bit discouraged right now because I'm 5mos pp and still need 7 more lbs to lose. My other two pgs I was back down to pp weight at 4mos. I know some of it has to do with age, but mostly my eating! I also am not able to workout as much during the week, but hoping that will change as my baby gets a little older. Right now I'm good to workout 4x/week. Anyway, sweets are my weakness and I generally eat clean, but sometimes I can get out of hand with portion control also. Being that I only have 7lbs left to lose, I want to really be diligent about my eating.

Hey, reading through the posts, I see some familiar faces - Kate and Morris! Anyway, if you guys don't mind, I would love to have a daily accountability factor.

Lisa

Hi Lisa, feel free to jump right it!! The accountability with this group is great -- we all encourage each other and praise our small victories, and help pick one another up when we fall off the wagon! Please tell us about yourself, and your little one!

Crazy day was exactly that -- very crazy, but I survived. Blueberry muffins were DIVINE, pump it up was lots of fun as always, soccer was not so great -- Collin is really not into it, which is difficult since I have to help the other children and I can't really tend to him. I feel like he would do better if I wasn't there.... Does that make any sense?

Chris gets home in a few minutes and we need to get our rears in gear and run our errands since many places will be closed tomorrow. We need to hit the mall and the grocery store.

Kate, I thought of you last night because we went to CB for dinner -- I had grilled chicken salad;) Morris, glad the swimming was fun! Colleen, eat some cheesesteak for me:p Anne, have a great time with the dog and please come back and tell us all about her!!

Yaaaay Annie take pics.

FD: I had to go over my family house. I got there around 1:30 and they were just getting ready to do food shopping for tomorrow dinner (just typical) well I waited until 4:30 and they still wasn't ready to go. So I took a part of the shopping list and left them. I brought the stuff and went home. It's now after 5....and they still did not leave the family house:eek::eek:I love them but I can't take it!!!!

Morris good swim. I have the red resisting tubing that she uses in STs.

Lisa you are welcome to join us. I know for me my clean eating will be back on track after the holidays and FD (family drama). We have moms with new baby also.

Katie I know what you mean (soccer). It was hard for me to be a girlscout leader when my DD was a brownie in my troop. You don't want to favor them but you don't want to ignore them too. Soon he will get use to you being the leader and he will not want special treatment. You may at first make him you special helper and then rotate the special helper kid each week.

Last edited:
morris, the eggs were fun! guess what i had for dinner? salad w/ hb-eggs on top!:p guess what i'll be having for lunch for the next 4 days????
sounds like you had a great day!
i dont know WHAT to buy w/ my cpn!!!! i think i have just abt everything!:eek::D except the tubing....maybe i'll buy that!

anne, have fun w/ alexa! hope she "sleeps thru the night" for you!:p
good job w/ the run! i think you'll be in chi when angie is!

hey lisa! glad to see you here!!!
guys, lisa lives in hawaii - how awesome is THAT!!!???
and amen, sister to sweets weakness!:eek:

katie, my dds def do better in those settings w/o me! w/ me around they hang back. when im gone theyre more social. maybe c was just having an off day:confused:
happy erranding! i still need to go clothes shopping so bad:(. either nothing fits or its stained. :mad:

robin, yikes on the fd!!! good luck tmrw!!
will watch that clip after nursemax!

-

what a great day we've had
j was an absolute cheezeball ham for the pics! theyre gonna be awesome!!! we were done w/ all 3 girls in 45 mins - a record!

clean eats....but wish me luck while filling the ebunnys eggs!!!!!:eek::eek::eek:
had swt pot fries w/ dinner....oh yum!!! glad it was a small potato or i wouldve gone overboard!:D

js almost asleep AND i have my wo done! i get to go to bed early! before 11!!!!:D

Quick drive by...Alexa is doing well. Not perfect, of course, but we didn't expect that. Jim makes her a little nervous, she isn't used to being around a man. She's not fearful of him at all, but she's obviously more comfortable around me. Her foster mom is about my size and has brown hair, too, so I'm sure that's a lot of it. She'll be fine in time. I tried to take some pics, but it was before Jim got home and that just doesn't work! I'll try again tomorrow. She's a total sweetheart, though. It's breaking her foster mom's heart to give her up, she already called once crying. I feel bad, but I assured her we will be very, very good to her and never treat her badly. She believes me, she just misses her already.

Happy Easter, everyone! I'll try to be back for personals tomorrow. Oh, but Lisa, welcome! This is a great group! Mwah, everybody!

anne

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.