Clean or tidy...Clean eating check in Monday 11 June

lederr

Cathlete
Good Morning, all! :D

Yesterday was a clean day for me. I am officially on day FOURTEEN of squeaky clean eating!!! My last "squeaky clean" day. :D Although, I am wondering if I will still want all the stuff I gave up once I can have it. We'll see...I do know that it is better for me to not even have it in the house

I am not sure what my day will loook like workout or food-wise. It's harader to plan when I don't have a specific schedule. I am looking forward to doing a lot of nothing today. I have a few errands to run, need to work out, etc., but no rushing around today.

Anyway, once again, good morning to everyone who follows. I wil post my meals later.

Happy Monday!

Lorie

RE: Clean or tidy...Clean eating check in Monday 11 Jun...

Goodmorning Lorie and all you neat-nik eaters to follow. Yesterday wasn't the cleanest for me, but I expected that. We had our monthly fellowship pot luck after church. I made a healthy bean salad, which I had a nice serving of, but I also had some not so healthy choices, including a piece of strawberry cake. Yesterday was a rest day for me, but I had some yardwork and made some strawberry jam, so I'm feeling some muscles I usually don't.

B-fast - WW english muffin with almond butter, 1/2 banana
Lunch - NatPB&J on WW, carrots, tomatos, fresh fruit salad
Snack - cherries
Dinner - Sweet potato, salad - I'm making meat loaf for the family and will probably have a teeny tiny portion.

Workout - IMX3

Enjoy your Monday all, even if you do have to go to work.

Good morning everyone,

I like the new title of our check-in.

Lorie - Way to go on two weeks!

Robin - Homemade strawberry jam...YUM!

I have to drop a quick post and run because I need to work today (supposed to be my day off x( ). I missed being able to visit you guys this weekend but, from what I've read so far, everyone's doing so well. I ended up eating squeaky clean this weekend only because I really didn't get to eat much at all LOL! For example, on Saturday I had oatmeal with a couple of strawberries at 3:30 am then ate my salad for "lunch" at 7:30 PM! I've had exactly 17 hours of sleep since Thursday and have had virtually nothing to eat...the scale has got to budge at least a little ;). Gotta love horse shows x( x( x( !

Anyway, I'll post my menu later since I have to go into work now in place of someone who just took four days off when I've had four days of hell x( x( x( ! Okay done venting now, sorry! I hope everyone has a good day.

See you all later,
Wendi

happy monday, clean and tidies!!!

yesterday was "eh", could have been better, but wasn't off the charts awful.

today is busy, but i'm hoping to fit in a workout. i have to work and then get my daughter to her dress rehearsal for one of her dance numbers this weekend. i have no idea how long that will take, so i'm not sure if i'll have time for a workout when we get home. i will work on it!

b - sprouted ww toast w/nat pb
s - apple and a yogurt
l - sweet potato risotto from tosca's book, one of my faves
s - probably a go lean bar on the road to dress rehearsal
d - no idea, maybe a salad with some boiled egg whites and tuna

Hi Everyone,
I haven't checked in since Friday morning. I didn't do so well this weekend. I'm feeling a little discouraged. Today, is a new day and I'm going to stick to my plan. Sorry to check in and run, but if I don't start YogaX shortly I won't be able to finish it all. I'll be back later.
It's great that you're all doing so well! Thanks for inspiring me!

A friend in fitness,
Shirl

LORIE-Today's day 14 for me too! The 2 week mark of clean eating. I'm psyched! What a difference it really does make, hugh?

I have to make this super uber quick. Tons of things to get done that didn't get done last week and this weekend.

So....

This morning's workout was S&H bis and tris. Menu will be a bit unorganized today, since we have baseball practice right after shool, followed by my other DS's tee-ball game right after.

Super quick! LOL

Gayle

Wendi,

That stinks!!! I can't believe you have to work after this weekend and how hard you worked. I think I would fall over on 17 hours sleep for the whole weekend!

Keep your chin up!

Lorie

Great job, clean eaters!!

My day started w/ PlyoX (day 59 for me!!).

Liquids ~ 40 oz water, cup of coffee

Breakfast ~ Usual oatmeal & a banana

Go Shirl!!! We're all cheering for you!!! The weekend is behind you and today is a new day.

Clean OR tidy...that's going to be my new motto!!! :D

Lorie

Lori and Gayle, Congratuations on your squeeky clean 14 days

Lori I know what you mean. It's so much easier when you have a specific schedule.

Gayle, hope you have fun at your ds's t-ball game, I miss those days with my kids. Of course, I'm still their chaufeurr, just for different stuff...

Hi Robin, yummmm... strawberry jam...ok now the question is did you use sugar or sugar substitute, hmmmm, that's the question here isn't it??? ;)

Phyllis, salmon burger sound refreshing, I might give that one a try tonight

Wendi, you sound like you've been busy. Horse shows are a must on my dh's side of the family. I go to them but don't understand alot. I just like to ride:)

Cody, nice menu planned out, that sweet potato risotto sounds really tasty, <thinks to self, now where did I put that book, I have it, it has to be around here somewhere, turning around looking on the shelf behind me, just another thing to add to my list of to-do's today> Thanks Cody:*

Shirl, try not to get discouraged. We all fall off the wagon every now and then:)

Today's plan:

B: 2 egg whites, 1 banana
S: 2oz. turkey slices, plum
L: fresh greens (spinach/lettuce), 4 oz. chicken, small potato
S: 2 oz. chicken, green beans
D: 6 oz. cod fish carrots, green beans, long-grain rice

Well, better get going, busy day today...I have to try to motivate my 14 yr. old ds to get up off the couch and exercise. I'm not pushing too hard. Although she thinks I am. I'm only asking her to find an activity that requires her to move continuously for at least 20-30 minutes 3+ days a week. Next week I'm introducing her to the "Step"}(

Happy clean eating everyone:)Take care.

Carrie

020706_10006740003.gif

http://www.3fatchicks.net/img/bar072/slider-but5/lb/209/145/179.0/.png[/image][/link]

http://www.picturetrail.com/uid6743693"

Hi, Clean and Tidy Eaters!

Last night my dinner out wasn't the greatest. I couldn't resist the sushi appetizer }( and had 1 glass of wine. Otherwise, shrimp and veggies was one of the cleaner choices, so I went with that.
I haven't been as strict as Gayle and Lori, but it is day 14 for me too. :) This check-in has made all the difference in my accountability! I have learned from and been inspired by everyone. Through the process, I've discovered a lot about myself and my eating habits.
I think that eating clean/tidy is becoming a habit WHEN I eat by myself :) . The more social the meal, the harder it is to keep it tidy! However, my kids are now on summer break and, so far, their constant munching on clean, tidy, and totally unclean foods is not triggering a desire for me to join in (this is a huge difference!). I'm most challenged eating out.
I had intentions of just checking in for the 2 weeks and then going Tidy/Unclean. The check-in has helped so much that I feel Clean/Tidy is a realistic continuing goal :) :) ! Thanks, Ladies!

Today I had oatmeal with chopped apple
will have:
s- a few nuts, watermelon
L- lentil soup, salad, rest of the apple
s- ? (hopefully will have made it to the grocery by then)
D- grilled chicken, brown rice, grilled veggies
s plain yogurt, berries

Everyone -Keep up the great work and have a clean day!

Patty

Hiya!!

I'm inviting myself onto your clean eating bandwagon. I did the 7 day clean eating challenge before I left on my trip to Italy and had great success with it. I need to get back on that bandwagon. I had a weekend of filthy eating that ended in the ice cream parlor with 2 scoops in a waffle cone:eek: :9 . I lost 4 #'s in Italy and I think I've gained it back this weekend.

I'm not much of a meal planner -- I grocery shop everyday for fresh produce, so I usually don't know what I'm having for dinner until I go to the store. Breakfast today was a bowl of Kashi Golean Crunch with 1/2 of a banana, a handful of blueberries, and skim milk. I'll post the rest of my meals this evening. :)

Yay, Patty! Glad you are going to keep it up. For me, I am conceptualizing "tidy" as trying to be as clean as possible but expecting to have some "unclean" in there as well! This clean eating has been GREAT but I have not lost my craving for chocolate! :D

Lorie

Lorie -Chocolate...great point! I'm just feeling very psyched today because I don't feel like going on a totally unclean binge. The cleanest days I've had are really not perfectly clean...just so much cleaner than my usual. You have been so much more strict than I have been! I know I'll be wanting the chocolate again when PMS returns and I will eat other totally unclean foods upon occassion too. I do feel so much more in control though, especially with portions of the unclean things! :)

Patty

Good morning fellow clean-eaters (well, I'm a part-time clean-eater because I always take the weekends off, for the most part anyway).

Great job everyone! You are all very inspiring!

Even though I took the weekend off, clean eating was constantly on my mind so I don't think I really did as bad as I normally would have. After nearly a full day & week of clean eating, we had some Mexican food Friday night, which is always my special treat because I love it so much. Saturday morning, I ate some Kashi cereal for breakfast & had a low-carb wrap with no mayo from Arby's for lunch. We did a ton of construction work too so I'm sure I burned most of it off anyway. We went out for supper & I had grilled salmon, along with a salad, but I also indulged in the appetizer (southwestern potato skins) & had a couple of martinis too. Still not too bad for a splurge meal. Yesterday, we had a bunch of family over so I was extremely busy again. I had one egg & some Honey Baked Ham for breakfast & then we cooked out for lunch/supper. I also made that Tuscany Salad (is that the right name?). I was thinking I'd have a bunch left over because everyone would think it was weird but everyone ate it up & I ended up with only a little to bring to work today. I'm glad everyone enjoyed it. Anyway, in addition to that salad, I also had 1/2 a bratwurst, 1 rib, a deviled egg, lots of grilled veggies, & some baked beans. I also had a slice of watermelon for dessert. Not too bad, really... except for several beers throughout the day. Oh well, that's why I take the weekends off, right? But I think this check-in has kept eating clean on my mind so I was able to make some better choices than I might have otherwise. I thank you all for that!

This morning, I did PUB & finally matched Cathe in weights. I had been intimidated by the 20s but the last time I did it maxing out at 15, I didn't get sore at all so I thought it might be time to step it up a bit.

So far, I've had 2 Kashi Go Lean waffles with Naturally More peanut butter & a container of fat free yogurt. I'm also planning to eat a nectarine. Just heard from my DH... he wants to pick me up for lunch & I don't know where we'll end up going so wish me luck! I don't know what my other snack or supper will be yet but I'll let you know when I figure it out.

Hope everyone has a super squeaky day & week! I'll be back later...

Carrie, Why no egg yolks? I see this all the time but there is (I think) so much nutrition in the yolks.

That said, this a.m. I bought The Eat Clean Diet that so many of you have wrote about. Maybe I'll find out there!

So far so good for me! Right away I ate a bowl of shredded wheat. A little while later I had an apple and a small handful of almonds. I bought The Eat Clean Diet this morning. I haven't had a chance to read much more than the intro and foreward but hopefully I'll get into it later today.

Lunch will be a baked potato with grilled chicken and salsa from McAllister's. Extra jalapenos! I'm so excited - one of my favorite meals!

It is so encouraging reading everyone's posts!

Just wanted to stop by and wave a weak "hello" to my fellow clean (or tidy) eaters.

I've been down with some kind of stomach bug since yesterday and I feel pretty yucky, so I will just be crawling back into bed with a good book and some tea.
My kids got sick last night, so they'll be home today and DH is staying home.

Great job everyone!!! I will check in again tomorrow.

Have a great day everyone!

Carola

Hello everyone!
I am so proud to be with such accomplished clean eaters!!
congrats to the 14 day graduates!
Work is crazy today as well,
Today, food as per usual Monday, survived the weekend!
I will try to check in again,
Carola, hope you're feeling better soon,a dn the kids :(
Steph

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.