+...+...+...+ clean / tiday tuesday +...+...+...+...+

CollinsMom

Cathlete
Mornin', lovelies!

Angie, I sure hope you are doing alright!
Kate, good going on the kick-a$$ workout and willpower last night!

I am really stressed again lately about the whole I-want-to-quit-my-job-and-stay-home-with-my-baby(s) thing. I am stressed and so I didn't sleep well. I guess I just need to get on the TM and run it out and see if I can get some things figured out. Or just pray that God will show me the right thing to do here....

Sorry to be so heavy first thing in the morning!:confused:

Katie, I'm sorry you're having a stressful morning. I can't imagine how hard that would be to be so torn! Hang in there, hope that run on the TM does you some good.

Woke up this AM feeling possibly worse. Ryan had to go to work so I took the kids to school and thought I was going to di. When I came home I looked at my throat in the mirror (it's causing me all kinds of pain) only to discover huge white dots on my tonsils... oh joy. Hoping to get to the doc sometime today.

I can't tell you how tired of being sick I am. Ugh.

Just wanted to check in and let you know I'm still alive... I'll let you know what the doc says. :(

Doom & Gloom on our check-in this morning!

Katie, Hugs to you! I can't imagine the struggle that is! You've mentioned this a few times now so I know your heart is heavy about it. hope the run helps to clear your head. You'll know the right thing to do! If it's a $$$ issue what about taking in another child to care for?:confused:

Angie, Im so sorry you're not well! Hope you can rest up today and get into the Dr too.

-
Grocerymax here and housecleaning.
Laura & I are running together tonight. Hope she doesn't smoke me!
GOtta rally the troops....bbl.

Last edited:
katie, hope you are better after a run. is there any nway you could work parttime? i know that really meesses up childcare, but it has been a blessing for me.

angie, feel better.

kate, i bow to your will power.

great 11 mil run outside. it was lovely. i too am a bit of a personal mess. i am struggling with weaning aidan. we still nurse 2-3 times a day, but he is growing up. i want another baby, but it is not in the cards unless god bestowed one on me. i am sad. i feel like i am grieving. i am so fortunate for what i have, but i am sad too.

today will be another clean day and this ast pesky pound should be gone i hope. bbiab

Thanks for the support girls! I have stayed home full-time with Collin before and it was wonderful - to a point. I think that working part-time would definitely be the answer. But it just sucks so much that I would make so much less money and only work a few hours less per week. And then there is health care.... Collin will go to school full-time next year and ideally I would like to work while he is in school and be home when he gets home. Plus, my supervisor REALLY pissed me off yesterday about taking time off in the fall -- more on that later!

Angie, please get to the doctor! Could it be strep?
Morris, I did not breastfeed so I can't really relate but you definitely have my sympathy and support!
Kate, are you still staying positive despite all this gloom-and-doom??

5 miles on the TM was just what the Dr. ordered -- I just ran and thought and prayed and ran and thought and prayed.

See y'all at lunch time!

morris, ikwym....i totally dread the thought of weaning and that j could be my last baby. i do not know what to do.
great run....you amaze me!

katie, would work be ok w/ you ging part tie? would it become a sharedtime position?
glad your run was so good!
still staying :D here! :D:D:D

-
took our a.m. walk to see the horses after g got on the bus. i love these sunny cool mornings!:D

Kate thanks so much for the port tenderloin recipes. I love them. Once I saw Good Eats on TV and he had a plastic pig and he showed where the tenderloin comes from and why it was so low fat. It's almost as if it did not belong to the pigs. I'm going to print out all of the recipes and start a scrap book. Post workout sweetmax maybe you need a protein shake or a drink of OJ. You glucose or electrolytes could be low.

(((Katie))) you need a big hug. Maybe once you get preggo can you take off 6months to a year for maternity leave? Can you work from home, except when you have to go to court?

Angie sounds like it's time for some antibiotic, tea and honey.

Morris when you baby starts to wean it causes hormonal changes that why you feel sad. Just think that your baby is intering a new and exciting stage. I love toddlers I think that they are funny and it's exciting to hear them speak a new word everyday. My DD when she was 2 use to call trucks....f**ks.:D

off to do some strikezone and classical stretch

robin, its bordering RIDICULOUS how many recipes i have saved to try!:eek:
hows the wo today?
the sweetmax is just pure craving. was craving sweet pre-wo worse! some days, i tell ya! no cravings today tho - yay!

-
getting in lots of quality time w/ isabel.:) j took a good long nap! off for grocs after nursing. oh, how i love shopping for produce!:D:D

Hi Everyone,

Katie - {{{HUGS}}} My company has a part-time option where you still get benefits and you can work part-time. My coworker has 2 little girls and she does that.
Kate, great willpower last night. You should enroll your girls in something. It will help with their shyness.
Angie, go to the dr's. I hope you can get some rest tonight.
Morris, sorry you are down. Keep it clean today.
Anne, hope you are having fun in CA.
Lisa, sorry about your workout struggles. It is always hard finding the perfect time.

I was finally able to leave work at a reasonable hour yesterday. Got home, folded laundry, emptied the dishwasher and prepared dinner. I didn't sleep that well last night but I felt good this morning.

w/o was KPC
b: oatmeal w/ almonds
s: banana and pb
l: grilled chicken salad
s: blueberries & yogurt, chopped veggies
d: pork chops, steamed asparagus with whole foods ginger soy sauce, sweet potato

My w/o was fun but the guy is the star of that workout. I love CS too.

Colleen it's funny that you were able to leave work early to go home and do more work. KPC good and sweaty w/o.

b-egg whites and veggies
l-left over something (I have about 6 baggies)
s-pb and apple
d-pasta night maybe pasta salad or spaghetti and ziti

Kate eveytime I see the Pres dog I think of Mufasa.

Last edited:
Back from the farm! I can still smell it:( It was fun though-Milla got to pet all the animals and we even saw cow getting a pedicure! Now it's time for lunch. Not sure on my workout-maybe some push ups and pull ups and a run/walk outside with Milla riding her bike:) Nevena is enjoying being spoiled at my parents.

Angie, sorry you still feel like dirt:( Feel better soon!

Katie, I cannot imagine your struggle. I hope you can find something that will let you do both. I sometimes feel like I am not contributing anything-no income and waht if the girls turn out to be brats?! And like I'm losing myself-not growing intellectually, etc. It's tough either way you look at it. Glad the run helpd out.

Kate, can you smell the horses from your house? My cousin lives next to a stable and OMG! Stinky! I need to change my clothes just from being near the animals for an hour! We are not farm people.

Morris, I'm sorry your feeling so sad. It's been bittersweet for us knowing that Nevena is our last baby-every milestone is that much more poignant.

Robin, so funny about the truck thing! My cousin's little girl knew F bombs pretty early on and used to rhyme in the backseat, "Truck, f***-that rhymes!!" Yup, sure does!

Colleen, your workout reminded me I need to get back the kickbox dvds I loaned to my friend-it's been a few months and all I have at home are CTX and 4DS.

Hi Anne and Lisa!

Off to have lunch!

Colleen, Awesome WO and eats!! Good for you! Busy night for you last night!

Robin, What kind of dog did Pres get? I'm sooo out of the loop on everyting!:p
Seems like I always have somethign leftover for lunch:). We're not cheap...we're thrifty!:D

Klaudia, NO! Thank goodness, we CANT smell the horses! I would gag!:p Glad the field trip went well. That smell does stay on you til you shower tho - blech!:p
Hope you get your WO in!

-
2 grocery stores done. Lunch is done /cleaned up. Julia in bed, Isabe is laying here next to me. Tired us all out I guess!:cool:

kate, did you really take 2 children to 2 different grocery stores??? you are my hero!

klaud, i guess i am the minority, but i love horsey smells. not barn smells, but the smaell of a horse when you put your arms around it and nuzzle. heaven!

robin, nice menu! glad you got in a good wo.

coleen, i have not done kpc in so long. may have to add those high intensity drills onto something else this week. that sauce sounds good.

yeah, i guess you all are right. between hormones and going thru each stage for the last time, it is bitterseet. eats are okay so far. i just pushed thru a craving by having some cereal - wheat puffs and fiber 1. craving gone, thankfully. otherwise, there would nto be a piece of bread or cookie safe for miles:eek:.

lisa, how are you today? what is your next vacation plan?

Way to beat the craving, Morris!
I love the grocery store, so do the kids. They always behave super for me there.

Think I'm going to pick up Gina from school! She'll be so excited!

I had a post but it disappeared!

I found a new training partner! Milla is a speed demon on two wheels! I logged 2.55 miles run/walking alongside her as she rode her bike. Still have to do some upper body later. Have to get ready for dance:)

Morris, with all that you have going on, no one would blame you for eating bread or cookkies or both! Keep it up!

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

afternoon ended up getting ca-razy!!! eats are wierd but i think ok:confused::confused:

laura will be here soon so we'll go running afer i get done w/ j. me needs some stress relief!:p

hi everyone.

klaud, how old is milla? finn is afraid of pedals, but that sounds like fun!

robin, are you looking for a dog? i missed that part. i love pw dogs! so athletic and fun. - great power walking partner. i am so lucky my dog can log 14 miles at once - she is great motivation.

my mom is driving me nuts. every time i see her she has junk for my kids. i know you all have dealt with this, but i am going to have to tell her this is not working for me:mad: therapy was so helpful today. i cope with stress by trying to control things around me (and emotinal eating:eek:) - she helped me rein that in a bit. unfortunately, my day was not as tidy as i wanted. had an etra 300 cal protein bar b/c it was choc - bad girl! but, i am not going near the scale for a few days, and i will clean it up.

great night here, though. picnic dinner at the playground. both boys were angels. bb in am

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.