Clean Eating - Monday, May 28/07

allwildgirl

Cathlete
Morning all!

Who's starting today? I sure am. The weekend was NOT pretty:p

Are we posting menus for the day, or checking in at the end of the day to say that we made it through?

I started my day off with a 2 mile run and no cookies, which is way better than normal. Hopefully I can keep it up through the whole day.

Hey Shelley and all who follow:)

Im into today as well and my first day is going to be a hard one;( Its my friends b-day and we are going to her house for take out and cake!:-( Sooo...we are ordering pizza for the kids and the DH's but somewhere else for ourselves so I should be able to eat reasonably clean for dinner...I just have to get out of eating the cake! Ill figure something out...I could always pretend to be stuffed from dinner!

My clean eating may not be as clean as others but I look at clean as being no junk! And if I can make it the whole week like that, then I have done pretty darn good:)

So here is what I plan on eating today:

B- All bran and Skim milk
L- WW english muffin, egg, cheese, and a yogurt
S- Fruit and All bran bites
D- Not sure yet

And lots of water!
Lori:)

Good morning Shelly and Lori!

I am starting today also. like shelley this weekend (in fact all of last week) has not been pretty.

I will post what i ate at the end of the day. Just not sure of my menu today. Today's workout will be icycle strength. 30 mins of cycling and 30 mins UB work.

have a great day to all:)

I'm joining in! I try to eat pretty clean and am on Phase 2 of my first round of P90X. I went for a 16 mile bike ride & came home for my coffee (coffee is clean, right?? }( ) and oatmeal.
1/2 c. old fashioned oatmeal cooked, then add in 1 T. wheat germ, 1 T. flax, 1 T. Naturally More PB, and 1/2 c. cottage cheese.

Although we are BBQ'ing later, I will have a couple boneless ribs (fat trimmed) & healthy sides. And NO cookies. :)

Also, I drink at least 130- 140oz of water a day. I gave up Diet Coke in January, and only have one occasionally now. But I won't give up my 1-2 cups of coffee a day! :p

Good Morning all

After reading the principles of clean eating posted by valleygirl; I found that I have been doing that for quite some time to a degree anyway lol ;)

I will post what I ate by the days end if that's what we'll be needing to do for this check in. As it is I'm following Cathe's May rotation and entering week 4; scheduled for today is SJP/SB cardio and weights premix.

I still need to go find Tosca's book to read though but I will try my best to stick with the clean eating concept :)

Morning again!

Okay, I'll post what my plan is for the day!

Breakfast - mixed cereal with sliced banana and soy milk
Snack - apple, handful of almonds
Lunch - brown rice with white beans, tomatoes, zucchini and mushrooms, orange
Snack - plain non-fat yogurt with granola and strawberries
Dinner - not sure yet - my SO is home so he'll cook something which will likely involve more beans and veggies:p

I ran two miles this morning and tonight I'll do the Musclemax upper body split.

Hey Girls..everything is good here so far. Just wanted to report my workout:) I did HSC and a 3 mile run. Will also be going for a walk after lunch.

Lori:)

Hi!
I'm starting today. Breakfast was big--two organic, whole grain
frozen waffles, oatmeal, and an apple. I'm trying to eat most
of my calories earlier in the day rather than later, and I'm
also going to try to eat 5-6 small meals a day, although that
is hard for me to do. I'm glad several of us are going to do
this challenge together--it makes it easier and more fun. Plus,
I get ideas for meals by reading everyone's posts!
Have a great Monday, and keep on eating clean!!
Valerie:)

Good Morning ALL!:)

On today's menu:

Breakfast: 1 "Fat Flush" tortilla (flourless tortilla made from sprouted grains and filled with omega's, my new obsession!) filled with baby arugula, broccoli sprouts and a sprinkle of parma cheese.
2 cups of coffee-2 TB reduced fat peanut butter-just because!

AM Workout: 30-45 minutes on elliptical

Snack" 4 egg whites with spinach, lowfat cheese and whatever other veggie is in the fridge!

Lunch: Tuna fish mixed with more broccoli sprouts, 1 Fat Flush tortilla

Snack: Fresh strawberries,blueberries and raspberry fruit salad, 1 cup coffee

PM Workout: Gym Style Legs if I feel okay (been training pretty hard, may need to just stretch tonight!)

Dinner: Large salad -mixed greens, green beans, asparagus, with 4 ounces turkey breast, lowfat dressing on the side.
2 glasses white wine-oh, I know, I know!!

I also use "I cannot believe its not butter" spray on my veggies and stuff. Adds a "yum" factor without a ton of fat or calories

3 quarts of H20:) :) :)

Good morning everyone!

Got a late start today, was invited at a client's house for dinner and they always eat LATE. They eat when it's already my bedtime, I had to drink 3 big cups of the yummy Indian tea they make, to keep awake :)

So I will have to do my workout in the pm. Will be doing KPC.

B: 1 c oatmeal with Fage yogurt, wheat germ, flax seed, raspberries, peach + tea
S: string cheese and veggies
L: cottage cheese w/ cherry tomatoes, green onions + 1 slice hemp bread
S: fruit
D: seafood/salmon stirfry on asparagus+ arugula

Aiming for 10 glasses of water (need more in AZ - it's HOT!!!)

Darn it, I just realized I will be going to San Diego for a seminar Wednesday and Thursday, so I probably won't be able to check in. I will try and stay on track with my workouts and clean eating though.

Have a great day everyone!

Carola

Hi,

I'd like to join this check-in. My eating hasn't been pretty for months!lol So far today is off to a good start. I'm doing my first P90X rotation. I'm in recovery week. Today I did CS and UML. So far I have eaten the following:
Breakfast- 1 1/2c Wheat Chex, 1 1/2c sk. milk & 1/4c raisins
Snack - 1 cup celery & 2 TBLS PB

I'll post the rest later. I drink at least 3 quarts of water a day.

A friend in fitness,
Shirl

Hello All

I also started today. Did IMAX this morning.

B: 2 pieces of rye bread and peanut butter
Snack: Whey protein (after IMAX)
L: Grapes, Strawberries & Cherries with low fat natural yoghurt.
Snack: Banana, Orange, & Slim Fast Choc Snack Bar.
D: Piece of Trout and a huge Salad. Followed by a 10 calorie Sugar Free Jelly.

3 pints of skimmed milk and lots of water.

Also walked the dogs.
:)

Today they had a cook out at work so I did not eat 100% clean. However I am going to start 100% tommorow

Meal 1: Green Smoothie
Meal 2: Baby Carrots and Hemp Seeds
Meal 3: Veggie patties on white bread buns, white potato, corn on cob, diet soda (work party, hey at least I passed on the chips!)
Meal 4: I am thinking of making a salad or something tonight. I am not sure yet

Hi Everyone
I'd love to join you! I do wonderfully Mondary through Friday, but weekends are not great! I choose great foods, but my portions are crazy!
Its not a holiday in Canada :( I'll start today.

B: oats, scoop hemp protein, spouted flax and maca, almond milk, blueberries and puffed kamut on top ( oh yeah )
L: corn soup, baby carrots, hummous (organic), apple
s: 2 ryveta oat crisps and natural PB
D: 2 slices ezekial, large salad, organic balslamic dressing, steamed tofu, strawberries
s: puffed kamut and almond milk!

I pretty much eat the same every damn day! I need this on the weekend.
I'm excited to meet all of you!
Steph

I went grocery shopping last night and this afternoon and am really pumped to start, but I promised DF we would start tomorrow (with today being a holiday) and I don't want to start without him. It semms like he is pretty excited to do this (which is kind of weird...he's not a clean-eating kind of guy). That will help me because he will keep me honest (as will this check-in). I am going to try to follow Tosca's weekly eating plan as closely as I can (with substitutions for red meat and pork) because if I have something concrete to follow, I think it will be easier. I posted the first three days of her plan on the OD forum if anyone's interested.

So, tomorrow is my start day.

Lorie

OK, maybe I shouldn't have started on a holiday!!

Not too terrible, but not 100% clean either!

Snack ~ Apple warmed w/ cinnamon topped w/ yogurt & 1/4 c. Kashi GoLean.... then a serving of white cheddar soy crisps & 5 of my dd's honey wheat pretzels...

Lunch ~ Tuna over salad w/ chickpeas w/ FF cheddar & light vinaigrette; small serving of pasta salad

Dinner ~ Dh is smoking ribs & they smell soooo good!! I'll probably have a baked sweet potato & another veggie along w/ it.

Starting today, too, though yesterday wasn't that bad. So far

B spirutien smoothie w/ banana and blueberries and ricemilk plus flax seed
S Balance bar
L crock pot mix of brown rice, wheat berries and millet w/ ground almonds walnuts and sunflower seeds and rice milk w/ a splash of agave on top. An apple

W/O was Shoulders Biceps, Triceps from Power Hour + an easy mishmosh of BodyMax original (dance warm up, power circuits not using wts and then the step portion up to 30 of step cardio) and mowed lawn for 40 min. Meant to do abs today and I forgot.

Hopefully there will be lots of fresh veggies in my near future, esp since I feel like the spirutien and balance bar are cheating.

sounds like everyone is off to a great start!!

today's foods are:
breakfast- egg white omelet with lf cheese and turkey
snack-lt mozz. cheese stick, orange
lunch- salad, with tuna. lite caesar dressing on side. 1/2 oz cashews
snack- turkey pepperoni, olives
dinner- (will be) chicken breast (cooked with stewed tomatoes), broccoli & cauliflower, (corn on the cob for the family) and a biscuit (lol, i know that is not clean but i did put in wheat germ, lol). i will stick to only one;)

have a great night all...

My eats for the day:

Breakfast: oatmeal w/ coffee
~1/2 cup old fashioned oatmeal made with water
~ 2 cups of coffee w/...
~ 1c . Silk lite plain unsweetened milk

Lunch : grilled ham & cheese sandwich
~ 1 oz. of lean ham
~ 1 slice of american cheese (not clean ::sigh:: )
~ 2 slices of bread

Dinner: 2 eggs over medium

Rest of the day I've been drinking 100% Cranberry juice as I have the feelings of a UTI coming on :( plus It's been so hot here that I have no appetite.

So clean eating for the day - not really well I guess but I strive to learn from you gals here ;)

Dinner ended up being ~ 2 boneless ribs- YUMMY! And a baked sweet potato w/ butter spray & cinnamon; and some broccoli

Snack later ~ Sugar free hot cocoa (not super clean, but my favorite treat of cocoa powder, 2 splendas, dash of salt, and skim milk)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.